I fucking love this movie, Mina Harker was everything I wanted

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/league_of_extraordinary_gentlemen/
youtube.com/watch?v=JEnEx3kSiu4
metacritic.com/movie/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen
nytimes.com/2008/11/23/magazine/23Netflix-t.html?pagewanted=all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I don't love it, but I was entertained

I didn't know that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is universally disliked.

It was ahead of its time
It would fit right in 2010s cinematic universe capeshit crap

LOEG isnt disliked its just boring and unmemorable

how about the opposite?

I didn't enjoy Napoleon Dynamite at all. I remember everyone constantly quoting it in high school and i just had to smile and laugh otherwise they'd berate me HAVE YOU NOT SEEN TI user

This. The fanbase was worse than the movie. I have a similar experience with daft punk. Try telling someone nicely that you just don't find them appealing.

I had so much fun watching this... then I saw Metacritic... 31?!?!?!... everyone saying it was a cheapo erotic thriller... and I still don't get it. Great cast, fun movie.

I never understood the appeal of that movie.
I didn't even hate it, I just didn't understand why it existed or what it's purpose was.

Funnier than most of (((Seth Rogen))) acclaimed films.

Do they say who she is in the film?
I liked it in the comic where she just wears a scarf and there are veiled references to some sort of scandal involving a Hungarian gentleman. Can't remember if it ever directly sets it out but it wound a lot of brainlets up.

I didn't even know people hated this for the longest time. I enjoyed it.

>Johnny English
>Hated
I mean I could understand if you put Johnny English 2 but to say the first was hated is pure madness

Hudson hawk is brilliant. The naysayers have a wrong opinion.

I love that movie. Me and my wife always quote whenever we see old and/or fat people and say to each other that it's us in 5 years.

It's worse. Unlike in the comics where she actually leads the group and does a lot of detective work, in the movie she's just a vampire there to do vampire shit and have a love triangle with Dorian Gray and Tom Sawyer. Because being involved with Quartermain would be too crazy for American audiences apparently.

do you not know ben stiller is jewish or are you just a trendyfag trying out his new meme?

don't hate on me

rottentomatoes.com/m/league_of_extraordinary_gentlemen/

First one was mediocre, second was great.

Although I didn't even know it existed until after I saw the film admittedly I can understand why you'd hate it if you enjoyed or wrote the graphic novel, especially if what you're saying is true

Fortunately for me however this came out just as puberty kicked in and Mina was absolute waifu fuel for me

How can you like the second one you absolute mad man

It was actually original.

>Victorian Avengers
I am glad this bombed

I'm not gonna pretend it worked as intended, or was even "good"

But for me this was the definition of "fun"-tier. Maybe I just liked the setting, I dunno.

Oh it sounds very different then, shame.
I liked that Moore picked up that it was a sex scandal as much as a vampire scandal.

As Stephen King says in "Danse Macabre", "To be perfectly vulgar, Stoker indicates in a fairly classy way that Lucy is cumming her brains out".

4.8 kino coming through. 99 was racist af

It was a fun movie

why?

Captain Ron is a 10/10

lel. i remember renting this on vhs and thinking it was the coolest shit when i was a kid. it was out around the same time as that hugh jackman van helsing movie. the early 2000s had some weird genres that floated blockbusters compared to today

Literally one of the best movies of the last 50 years. Anyone who disagrees sucks cock by choice.

It would've failed the same. The plot was way too retarded, even for 00s movie.

i loved this movie

normies can't comprehend this shit, just hate on tatum not playing dude lmao

It's a fun B-movie that somehow got an A-movie budget.

youtube.com/watch?v=JEnEx3kSiu4

watched it again after 20 years, did not age well

crappy remake, sorry user

I liked the concept, I found Hayden's acting acceptable, the only thing I dislike is SLJ who was really miscast in this thing.

>tfw saw Napoleon Dynamite in theaters
>tfw my friends and I were the only ones in school to see it
>tfw everyone thought it looked dumb, even had someone try to tease me about seeing it
>mfw I hear everyone quoting it once it releases on DVD

Neither did your mom, but she's still fuckable.
Watch it again, but watch it correctly this time.
Don't come back around here with your fucked up opinions.

I don't understand, was this video supposed to show me it aged poorly?

I can't help but think of a sweatshirt every time I see the title of this movie.

I got a good nut out of it at least

I understand nostalgia helps with the cringe but come on

I don't know if it's hated, but i don't see many people talking about it and i love this movie

these were popular

Southland Tales

I unironically loved both of these. I think is an aesthetic thing. like I know that Van helsing is bad but it wont stop me from loving the makeup and set design.

I didn't even click your link. I already know the opinion is trash.

Fucking awesome movie I'm going to watch it right now

Well generally people who think a film is "boring and unmemorable" don't tend to like it

How was it not Obvious that she's Dracula's side piece? Maybe I've seen too many Dracula films, but just the name Mina was a dead giveaway to me.

Doesn't matter either way RT is trash.

Sucker Punch is Synders best movie by far and unironically kino

metacritic.com/movie/the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen

They're aggregators bro

>They're aggregators bro

It's this the new "it's just a prank bro".

Cabin Fever 2 was funnier than the first one

It's more like
>"this number is an aggregate of the opinions of many critics to create an average general consensus of the film, reiterating my earlier statement that the film is generally disliked bro"

>They're just aggregators bro

Not me but I bet there is someone out there who likes The Spirit

I think it's very well liked, just not by too many people. If more people had seen it, it would be liked more.

That movie introduced me to Alan Moore's comics and I will always be grateful for that. Plus I still think the first trailer they released was pretty kickass

Where are you going with this

Haven't met anyone that dislikes this

This is a legitimately fun film. I don't think people hate it.

I loved Wild Wild West too.

Good movie

I don't think its deliberately concealed, its more the idea a Victorian lady isn't going around telling everyone she got fucked by a Hungarian and temporarily turned into a sex maniac.

Which is the sub-text of Dracula anyway. Which you'd also think is super-obvious but I've seen enough frumpy middle-aged women talking about how they like vampire books in a completely unself-conscious way to know that actually it isn't. Struck me as extremely funny, they know there is something about it that draws them, they just can't quite work out what it is. Much like the Harkers and Lucy.

Better than the original

I was shocked to learn this movie was a huge flop that's despised by everyone

>Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Good ideas, but baldly executed.

And those pantyshots are cringe as fuck.

I actually really liked Van Helsing, but it had insane pace that never relented. Movie needs downtime between action scenes.

I have no idea why this is poorly received. It's such a fucking great movie.

AMV: the Movie. I liked it for that aspect.

It's people butthurt over a version that didn't happen. 13th Warrior is good otherwise.

>pantyshots
Picked up

>he doesn't enjoy the greatest single of all time "one more time"

One of my "so bad it's good" guilty pleasures.

Pathology is a great trashy thriller in the vein of Basic Instinct and Wild Things and I enjoyed it a lot. Honorable mention: Mindhunters. I highly recommend both.

I had cybersex with my boyfriend after finishing the movie 9 years ago.

It cause Sean Connery to stop acting.

Fits the movie then

An action movie for people who hate action movies.

Literally the only people that dislike this are reddit nerds that are mad that it's not just Primer again.

The movie was always silly as fuck, that was what made it fun. Why cringe at it?

>"Call me Ishmael XD"

Literally what does Moby Dick have to do with any of this trash, most of all Captain Nemo? Did they really think they were being clever?

People hate on the uncanny valley stuff, but I don't think it's too bad and I absolutely love the story, Great cast and it has the only song with Idina Menzel singing which I can bear hearing.

I've never understood the hate for these. In fact both of these did a 'Dark Universe' introduction far better than The Mummy (2017).
I also think pic related is fun too but few people like it.

Curiously, Napoleon Dynamite is one of a handful of movies Netflix could not predict if a given person would like, since they could not find any pattern among the people loving it or hating it or mehing it.

nytimes.com/2008/11/23/magazine/23Netflix-t.html?pagewanted=all

watched it not that long ago. generally great movie that takes a simple story and actually puts some interesting themes in it.

yeah definitely. The exploration of the "hero" archetype as it incarnates within a person is pretty good, especially juxtaposed with the earlier, larger-than-life scenes.

James Bond & Sarah Conner vs the Volcano. This movie still has some of the best miniature effects ever.