Deckard is a replicant

Deckard is a replicant.

Wallace's human goons who kidnap Deckard at the abandoned radioactive zone are all wearing breathing regulators of some kind.

The main antagonist replicant, Deckard and K do not require assistance to breathe the contaminated air.

Case closed.

The real question is why did a company whose entire deal is manufacturing obedient replicants send human goons to catch a dangerous replicant (or perhaps even two of then) and then leave him alive?

none of the replicant shit in this movie is consistent or makes any fucking sense at all. why would they make replicants that can run through walls, move massive metal doors, and survive in irradiated nuclear wastelands but still be able to drown and get knocked out by kicks and punches? and why/how is it even possible for replicants to rebel against their programming? wasn't the whole reason wallace was allowed to buy tyrell b/c he made sure that wouldnt happen? are they robots or are they not robots? and if they're not robots then why was it such a miracle that they could reproduce? and how did a replicant kill not one but two LAPD officers (one of whom was the chief of the replicant extermination unit) with exactly zero consequences? does the LAPD building in 2049 not have security cameras? did everyone involved in the making of this movie have brain damage or was it just harrison ford?

The world of Blade Runner is largely controlled by mega corporations. It's likely that Luv was easily able to obtain access codes for the police station. The police would be mostly powerless to stop corporate action.

...yeah this is difficult to argue against

There was plausible deniability earlier on with the radiation being described as 'nominal' but I really can't think up an excuse for this.

Fucking hell, he is actually a replicant isn't he. Can anyone refute this? Because I fucking can't.

The specific zone he was living in was had no strong radiation.
Also there is no evidence that replicants are more resistant to radiations (but I could be wrong on this specific thing).

What happened in that city he was in?

A nuke went off? Pollution?

Its the one from the original right?

>The specific zone he was living in was had no strong radiation.
All we know is that the radiation in that area is described as 'nominal' and that it doesn't seem to affect Deckard/K/psycho assassin. If it's completely safe, why else would the other SWAT team members be wearing respirators? Or is OP just making shit up and they were regular masks to help in combat?

Fucking hell this is all so vague. And as you say, we don't even know if replicants are resistant to radiation. But if they were wearing respirators, it'd be cheap to claim it was completely unrelated to the radiation.

probably cause they got there from a radiatied area and didnt arrived from same path that K followed?

or maybe just a precaution they took since they rushed for them unlike K who followed a safe path

um...no. K sees the beehives indicating that the pollution levels in Las Vegas are not as bad as one would think and while left somewhat ambiguous, it still implies that life is sustainable to some degree there. the Wallace goons don't know that (duh). case closed.

>Deckard is a replicant.
This was already settled from the original movie

they mention a dirty bomb

>Its the one from the original right?

it sounded like vegas, with the gambling and hotels.

>Its the one from the original right?

both the original and the bulk of 2049 take place in los angeles. hence the tyrell pyramids.

There's no reason to believe those goons are human. Wallace would never entrust such an important job to weak, fleshy humans.

Deckard either knows the radiation won't kill him or doesn't care. The kidnappers don't know enough about the area however, and are prepared for potential booby-traps etc. It doesn't make sense for them to NOT wear a mask as long as the option is available.

How do you know Wallace's goons were human and not replicants themselves?

there are bees there and the bees are very picky

Why is Harrison wearing a regular plain T-shirt? The whole movie is some future shit with cool stuff and costumes and he looks like he's at home.

Replicants dont care about fashion

K didn't know the radiation was "nominal" until he got there. I'm sure any outsider would initially take some precautions.

I forget, did Wallace's men have full hazmat suits or just respirators?

That's because he IS at home you dumb fuck. He's been isolated in that place for decades, why would he give a flying fuck about the latest fashion?

They have those masks because they don't have time to analyze the radiation level, it's easier to just put on a mask. K analyzed the radiation level and it was only nominal, therefore no need for a mask
Also bees really can't survive in a radiation heavy place. And Wallace basically cements the ambiguity of his state when talking to Deckard.
Not to mention that Villeneuve himself confirmed it's left entirely ambiguous in a panel screening of the original BR with Kermode and Ridley Scott. He even got into an argument with Ridley that he thinks it's also left ambiguous in the original

I mean you are correct but idk, his tshirt clashed with the rest of the film, they coulda spruced him up a bit

Because he is at home, he literally doesn’t leave his huge ass complex for 30 years or so and lives entirely by himself with his dog and his bees

unicorn scene = replicant, matter resolved

>I'm sure any outsider would initially take some precautions.
Then why didn't he?

Or does this question answer itself?

well on the directors cut you actually find out it is a Hanes brand T-Shirt and not Fruit of the Loom

t. directors cut fan

because the movie is shit

>That's because he IS at home you dumb fuck.
Show some respect, you subhuman. I haven't seen the movie and I'm just seen the trailer and random pics showing him wearing a contemporary plain T-shirt while everything around him is super futuristic. It's a normal question, mongrel.

because respirators look edgy and this movie wanted to be edgy. why did they kill new rachel right on the spot?

>are they robots or are they not robots?

This is something that continues to bother me.

REPLICANTS ARE NOT ROBOTS. REPLICANTS ARE ARTIFICIAL HUMANS.

They are 100% biological, but all their biological parts were manufactured. Their genetic code is written by hand, their bones and muscle fibers stitched together in a loom. They have pink, mushy brains, which were deliberately engineered to not allow thoughts of rebellion or dissent. Aside from Rachel, they don't have functional reproductive organs, although most of them probably have fuckjunk.

The problem with have a biological brain, however, is that brains can reprogram themselves. Every time you have a particularly powerful thought or memory, your neurons begin constructing a new pathway for it, your brain literally restructuring itself to take advantage of this new knowledge. By this method, even Nexus 9 models could outgrow their "programming" and rebel, but that's exactly what the Baseline Test does. The Baseline Test subjects the replicant to a series of questions designed to measure if-and-how-much its thought patters are deviating from the norm. It's given target words like "cells" or "interlinked", and then made to repeat those words within a variety of emotional contexts. What are the building blocks of life? Cells. Where are prisoners kept? Cells. What are the rooms you live in? Cells. If he answers each question without deviation or heightened emotion, he's considered Baseline and stable, properly subservient as he was programmed to be. If he starts to show even the slightest hint of anxiety or distrust however, they would know right away and from the looks of it, execute him almost immediately.

why wouldn't joi have been able to notice the hooker-spy planted a tracking device in Ks coat? does her programming really allow her to invite complete strangers into K's house without his express permission? and is she not able to observe the whole apartment at once? if joi was somehow able to tell that K liked the prostitute despite not even physically being there for their interaction why wasn't she able to detect that the prostitute had ulterior motives for wanting to come over, especially considering that the prostitute was a replicant? can replicants still lie? if so, why, if you can easily mass-produce an obedient and adaptable machine consciousness like joi, would there still be a need to create replicants, which are apparently so susceptible to murderous existential breakdowns that they need to be constantly and elaborately evaluated by having a device in a white room scream nabokov references at them? did harrison ford share his potent alzheimers weed with the whole staff and crew or just the writers of this movie?

Yep, it's the best one because it makes it clear he is a replicant

The real question, the only one not answered, is: Why the fuck was this even made?

>why wouldn't joi have been able to notice the hooker-spy planted a tracking device in Ks coat?
she's only activated after the sound cue

for money, you stupid goy

doesn't prove anything, there is dog and bees there too and they are fine. the radiation is safe and thats why he lives there, also nobody is coming by to check. masks are worn for potential gas attacks. they were going in blind. I assume luv didnt cause she is arrogant. the biggest evidence againt deckard beinga replicant is he is pretty normal, nothing is exceptional about him. why make a replicant to be a normal person?

>all these allusions to my supposed subhumanity, mixed with that insufferably pretentious writing style and overall butthurt
Although really I shouldn't be responding at all, your pointless comment doesn't deserve any acknowledgement, and neither do your laughable insecurities.

then put him in tattered clothes to show he is a recluse. he looked like he was just hanging out in a new york apartment

and you were so insecure you had to respond

>no u
Ebin

radiation level - nominal

and the bees

no he isnt a replicant

This.

Movie was pretentious garbage. First one was too, but it was at the very least original and breathtaking to look at. This movie's visuals were so god damn plain. Every scene was just under one color filter. Blue or orange. Maybe some pink here and there to hint at the original. I can't believe I wasted money on this trash.

>calls me "dumb fuck" without provocation
>tries to take the high road and call me insecure

>Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were… I can’t remember if Hampton agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, “Well, isn’t it corny?” I said, “Listen, I’ll be the best f***ing judge of that. I’m the director, okay?” So, and that, you learn — you know, by then I’m 44, so I’m no f***ing chicken. I’m a very experienced director from commercials and The Duelists and Alien. So, I’m able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, “You know, back off, it’s what it’s gonna be.” Harrison, he was never — I don’t remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, “Uh, I don’t know about that.” I said, “But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, ‘I’ve been here, I left her alive, and I can’t resist letting you know what’s in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a f***ing unicorn!’” Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is “Duh.” So now it will be revealed [in the sequel], one way or the other.
What did he mean by this?

Yes, thank you.

why did deckard age like shit? he was like in his 30s in 2019 right? why does he look much older in 2049? is it cause hes a replicant? I know the real reason but man they shoulda made the time skip bigger. his daughter looks older than 20/19 to be honest. some methuselah syndrome

You are.

Nice trips though

He means Deckard is a replicant.

the first movie is horrible if you think Deckard is a replicant

then i guess it failed to accomplish it's single purpose

We know deckard is a replicant because of the first movie. The director even states he is.

It was also implied that Deckard was "programmed" to fall in love with Rachel as part of Tyrell Corp's experiments to create fertile replicants

They will still make money overall

>The seting is a bleak post apocalyptic monochromatic shithole with no nature whatsoever
>"BUT WHERE ARE MUH PRETTY COLORSSS

Also which scene was blur again?

The director changed that only for his directors cut. The screenwriter and the novel writer disagree

that's because his daughter is older than 20/19, since for the film to make sense rachel had to have her baby before she died withing the 4 years she was programmed to

was blue*

which makes it canon

Then it's canon that Deckard's state is intentionally left ambiguous in the new one because Villeneuve said so

So it's basically a minarchist state? The only state functions seem to be law and order.

how was K able to ambush luv on her way to the airport without knowing when and how she would get there? wouldn't the lapd or air traffic control have noticed a hover-car dogfight only a mile or so from the tarmac? how was k able to defeat luv in a hand to hand fight? Didn't she move that huge door with her bare hands? If the replicants have human anatomy and need to breathe in order to survive why didn't she just crush his windpipe like a dixie cup? also why was it even necessary for jared leto to interrogate harrison ford off-planet? was he afraid of keeping illegal dissection equipment on earth where it could be found by the authorities? which would the police care more about? illegal interrogation tools? or the two separate occasions on which wallace's personal secretary broke into the lapd, stole evidence, and beat two of its officers to death? was all that alcohol in deckard's hotel suite just for the writers and harrison ford or did everyone else involved in this movie also show up to work blackout drunk?

can't go back and make it ambiguous when its already stated fact he is

>the average Sup Forums brainlet tries to watch Blade Runner

why didn't who?