Wreck-it-Ralph

Was this actually a good movie?

It wasn't a terrible movie.
Bust it Benny was played well as a character.

No.
Candy bitch ruined the fucking movie.
The only thing that is worse than her is Lillie from Pokemon.

One of the best animated films ever made.

It was fine. It leaned heavily on the novelty of licenses, and there's nothing really wrong with that. I think it would've been way worse if it had tried to populate itself entirely with original characters.

Things got a little muddy towards the end but in general I'd say it's like a seven or eight out of ten.

Break-em-up Bill is just fine, though I wish it could've explored the different worlds of arcade games more.

What do you mean, "leaned heavily?" Those cameos are barely in the movie! Mr. Potato Head is in Toy Story longer than Sonic is in Break-It Bluto. There are more cameos distributed through Roger Rabbit than in this movie.

Instead we got candy. Lots and lots of candy. Licensed candy. Best comparison I can think of is Double Rainboom: Starts off with a few licensed game characters, but completely hides all the licensed candy products until we've been tricked like in MGS2.

I have to agree almost the entirety of the vidya cameos and Easter eggs were confined to the first act.

Concurred. Bust-It Bart is a vidya movie the same way Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

>arcade owner opens a PC games room
>Ralph game jumps to go meet this big burly Russian new guy they heard about from TF2, worried that Zangief went turbo
>Arcade goes out of business because who the fuck goes to arcades
>Ralph is forever stuck in online hat hell with toxic faggots telling him to "CAP ALREADY YOU FUCKING AUTIST"

Nah, he ded. Died outside his game. Unless, of course, he's a REALLY good Heavy.

He strikes me as more of a Freak Fortress/Saxton Hale reskin than an actual class. He'd probably just wind up on some shitty Minecraft community server anyway

>Break-It Bluto
Too bad we're discussing Wreck-It Ralph.

He knows you can see him. He knows we can all see him.

second best movie of the disney revival era after Zootopia

At least out of the CGI animated ones

fuck these misleading posters

It was good, I enjoyed it

However it triggers me how Zangief was one of the "bad guys", Zangief has never been a bad guy other than in the Street Fighter 2 live action movie, which, got every single character wrong

iirc he was a character director was afraid of when he was a kid

>video game: the animated movie!
>it's actually about junk food
fuck them

>Not knowing that all Russians are evil.

remember when Disney tried to cash in on the marvel craze? We were promised superhero movie, instead we got boy and his robot story.

>wreck it ralph is donkey kong parody
>sugar rush is generic kiddy kart racer parody
>medal of heroes or whatever is generic fps parody

I don't see your point

puns bother him.

I believe you misspelled WALL-E sir.

If he connects online, he'll live at least 10 years longer. Smash it Samuel underestimates how autistic people can be with buying hats.

>Too bad we're discussing Damage-It Dan.
That's what he said...

Yes, but if we change things juuust a little...
>Wreck-It Ralph is 1930's cartoon like Mickey and Pete
>Sugar Rush is 80's cartoon about candy
>Hero's Duty is gritty sci-fi war movie
>Darth Vader and Freddy Krueger instead of Bower and Kano

Here's a list of things that change in the story:
>ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

>>sugar rush is generic kiddy kart racer parody
it made half the movie and it was more about le Oreo and crap like that.

>nesquick sand
>taffy laffys

>Here's a list of things that change in the story:
>>ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

It wouldn't bet set in an arcade or have a plot about obtaining medals, a virtual electric hubworld, or any of the plot points about obtaining medals, and would make no sense

I mean sure you could do that with just about anything, take Who Framed Roger Rabit and make it about vidya instead of toons

What would change?
NOTHING

Here's a list of things that change in the story:
>ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

The same could be said with the candies if they were replaced by generic brands.

But remove the Video game aspect, and the stories and the narrative logic it work are simply impossible to tell.

The candy-themed race car on the other hand? You could change the candy theme with any other theme and the story would remain the more or less unchanged.

So, Video Games.

They drew on thirty years of video game history, but ruined it by marketing it to an audience that doesn't even know what a cartridge is.

It's good enough. The only issue I see is that Ruin-it Roland takes a back seat in his own movie once he enters Sugar rush. Plus I would have liked to have seen him interact with some actual games in the movie as opposed to just the credits. But that's just me.

I don't see how that ruined anything. i enjoyed it greatly.

I hate when child characters are voiced by adults.

But I liked it, otherwise.

>Plus I would have liked to have seen him interact with some actual games in the movie as opposed to just the credits. But that's just me.

That was the original plan, plan didn't work out

Really the message isn't as resounding as it thinks it is.

I think John Reilly's incredible performance helps to carry this movie over its over awkward or clumsy moment.

Turbo/King Candy was a really solid villain. I don't understand why fangirls lusted after the midget though, his voice is not even "attractive". Tamatoa from Moana is a crab and has fangirls but the guy at least has an attractive seductive voice or something.

They both went into Sanic racing.

Really meh kids movie with not much in it for adults.

It was a movie about accepting your place in the system instead of being a special snowflake

it was awesome

women are stupid

Alan Tudyk, man. Girls go lewd for the Tewd.

Yes.

>every word from the main cast
>WALL-E
>greatest film evur made
gfy

>Shit-talking Lillie

He got pretty intimidating when he went full bug boss mode. Some girls are really into that, the same way the submissive fuccbois on Sup Forums go nuts for that crazy bitch Azula.

Hey I'm not submissive but I recognize that Azula is the most perfect in that show and possibly all time.

>Instead we got candy. Lots and lots of candy.
This is my problem with the movie. Instead of seeing a variety of cool video game based worlds, we get most of the movie taking place in Candy Land.

I don't have a problem with Sugar Rush being in the movie, there just wasn't enough of anything else. A movie about Ralph jumping across multiple games would've been more interesting. Hopefully the sequel will improve on that aspect.

I didn't like how they handled sugar rush in general. The idea was to make it a late 90's kart racer, but they didn't quite get that vibe down. I think a big part of the problem, to me, was how they showed it with modern graphics from the arcade perspective, like hero's duty. They should have done something low poly or otherwise suitable to the period, like they did with Wreck it Ralph and all the other arcade machines. It made it hard for me to accept that it was a 90's kart racer when it looks like the most modern shit in the arcade.

Girls liked that Turbo is a talented golden cup winner and a brilliant son of a bitch. Nigga hacked a videogame and ruled it for 15 years. That shit is hot to women. Intelligence and power.

Turbo is my favorite Disney villain and might be the most successful out of all of them. He's also the most purely Satanic.

Because of his hubris he covets the attention that 'Road Blasters' is suddenly getting. He breaks the one unbreakable rule in the arcade and destroys two universes, a sin so great that it's named after him and spoken of in hushed, fearful tones. Cast out from his garden of Eden he takes on another form, assumes rulership of a new universe and deceives the inhabitants into persecuting their true ruler. He gets what he wants, which is never-ending victory and worship and he gets away with this shit FOR FIFTEEN FICKING YEARS! Then he tempts Ralph with the promise of the medal, which Ralph believes will finally gain him the respect and acceptance he so desperately craves. Then once revealed Turbo becomes a terrible 'dragon' and threatens not only the entire arcade but potentially the whole planet. So yeah, as far as purely Satanic Disney villains go I think Turbo takes the cake.

Also, think about this: How did Turbo meet his ultimate end? By dying in 'Sugar Rush'. Motherfucker spent fifteen goddamn years risking his life every day racing in a game not his own for the sake of glory and acclaim. Turbo was also probably the purest ratshit crazy Disney villain ever.

>fucking with lillies name

Get back in the bag

It was OK. How to train your Dragon was their best work.

>There will never be Sugar Shorts about the hijinks and adventures of the Sugar Rush Racers
This movie was ripe for merchandising and spin-offs. Why wasn't it capitalized on?

you know WiR is Disney movie, not Dreamworks, right?

>All the game characters featured prominently on the poster
>the movie mostly focuses on some shitty made up racing game and some made up shooter

I won't say I didn't like it, but I do feel lied too.

it didnt make billions like frozen or zootopia

A sequel is in the works.

For whatever reason, Disney seems to underestimate and under-promote Rich Moore's movies. Zootopia was his too, and it did not get the marketing push Disney does for their princess movies. Merchandise came after the fact, as if they were forced to.

>Zootopia was his too

purely by accident.

That movie had a very strange backstory. As for the WIR it was new ground for Disney, videogames and the like, also it was Moore's debut as a movie director. Now Disey is so huge they can make mediocre sequels and audience will lap it up.

Smash em' Sam was good.

Is a sequel even going to work? Nothing was done to keep WiR in the public consciousness. That was also one of the things that merch could have done.

Just get Mario to cameo significant scenes and that should be enough to get Nintendo fags and casuals to watch it.

Agreed. My only complaint is that they overdid candy land when they had so many other games there and potential.

She ruined the movie for me, not that it was anything spectacular to begin with, I just couldn't stand her voice and the forced attempts at cuteness. Everything about that character just bothered me. Ralph himself was alright and I was really surprised with the quality voice acting excluding silverman, but I felt the movie had a weak story once the "video game" allure died off.