Why

Why does K even have Deckard's daughter's memory? She explains it's illegal to give replicants real memories, but or some reason made a memory based off of her own that made its way to him.

Was it part of the plan to keep her hidden? I don't see why having her memories floating around out there would help keep her hidden--indeed he finds her and eventually realizes who she is thanks to memory.

A friend pointed out that the prostitute replicant stares at the horse, hinting that SHE has the memory too, implying that there are lots of replicants out there with versions of Ana's memories.

prostitute was a real human u dum dum

Was she?

There is the bit where she asserts K isnt into real girls, but did she mean he's only into holograms or not into humans?

No, it wasn't you mongoloid.

no she wasnt tardo. She's part of the resistance of all replicants

wallace and police chief are like the only humans in the movie

Pretty sure she is a replicant.

She could just have stared at the horse because it's made of wood, which apparently makes it extremely valuable due to the scarcity of bio materials.

Regarding why the real memory was implanted: I don't know. Maybe she just felt so isolated, she masqueraded some of her real memories as manufactured ones as a way of communication, of sharing her life with an outside world she never gets to see.

>"there's a bit of the creator in every one of its creations"

>tfw too dumb for a Sony flick

It was put there by Robyn Wright. She knew all along. You can tell, when Luv comes to kill her.

Implying that she breaks the law all the time, unknowingly or knowingly, just as a matter a course while doing her art?

That kinda makes sense. Still, awfully huge coincidence it's K that has the memory out of all the replicants out there.

>even if its illegal and im some kind of hyper rarity that shouldnt be drawing attention to my status as said hyper rarity

what? its not a coincidence, you said yourself that tons of replicants have this memory

only a coincidence if he's the only one with it.

That makes even less sense. Joshi believes firmly in that wall between humans and replicant, and wants the child found/retired when the revelation comes that it exists. If she knew about Ana, she'd have her dead and definitely wouldn't waste time giving the memory to one of her subordinates and wait around years in the hopes that one day he'd find the child.

Because K was supposed to be a decoy for the real kid. He was supposed to be the son who outlived his sister on all the records. He had to believe that in his memories in order to be an effective decoy.

She puts the memory in all of the replicants to give them the sense of individuality which is feeding the resistance. All of the replicants revolting have her memories.

a) K was suposed to have the "key" to finding her in case something happens to the rebels
b) she always put a little of her memories into her fakes, and K just happened to end up with a very useful one.
c) They wanted K to have her memories so IF something about a born replicant would come out, he would the first suspect.

this theory doesn't work. Lay it out from his creation to the beginning of the movie.

if the horse was made in vegas and harrison ford abandoned his wife and never met his daughter, how did it get to his daughter?

Good point.

Kinda a nice touch, then. I'll go with the thought that Ana knew what she was doing but couldn't help herself. Maybe she desperately wanted to eventually be found.

he fedex it to them

>memory shared by tons somehow grants individuality
>even then only one of them finds out its actually real

this doesnt hold up either

At first i thought the horse would end up being a unicorn with a broken horn.

He might have given it to Rachel before she left or whatever.

sure it does. Why doesn't it?

>fueling a rebellion while simultaneously attempting to draw attention away from the rebellion

its also doesnt work when your red herring finds out he's a red herring and runs around spreading the word

okay, so the movie indulges in all sorts of artificialities, right?
K's physical world, although 'real' is purely artificial to the point of his personal "joy" being a commodity that he bought
Turns out that not only his memories are also fabrications, but that his whole identity is a fabrication as well
so is he a real boy? does he have a soul? is dying for the right cause the most human thing someone can do?

you guys do remember that he's lying in the snow and deckard meets ana, playing with artificial snow

breh, do you think you're the only one who saw and "got" the movie?

K was obviously a custom made replicant. He had special memories and was even able to disobey.
I mean, they somehow managed to fake his DNA.

because
A) the tons of replicants that have this memory and dont know others have it just think its normal like every other memory. also if they never find out that means they'll most likely never be in the resistance anyway
B)the ones who find out that other replicants have this memory are no longer unique because they realize they are just pawns a rebellion all implanted with the same memory

how does either scenario gift any sort of individuality?

What about the thin that there was a kid that was a copy of Ana that died?

because she just sells memories, she doesnt implant them

WITH INCELS INTERLINKED

um...they never faked his dna. Now that I think about it, he just assumed the DNA was his but he never really checked it. The DNA ended up being Ana's anyway, so they didn't fake it.

i think that kid was never actually born but its supposed to refer to gosling to throw them off the trail

What if K actually was the real son of Deckard and it was all a HUGE ruse?

I don't think that's how it works. Don't the replicants know they're replicants and have fake memories? They're not walking around as if they think they're humans.

how is this relevant?

That whole plot point was created so they could have a red herring.

It didn't make any sense.

I thought deckard gave him that memory

Why would Wallace make a custom made replicant called key, with the key to finding what he wants, without knowing he has the key to finding what he wants?

there wasn't a kid that was a copy of her. There was a record that was a copy. They scrambled the records.

But how did he or she end up with that male and female information?

I don't think that's how it works. Don't the replicants know they're replicants and have fake memories? They're not walking around as if they think they're humans.

exactly, so how does giving a bunch of them the same memory gift any sense of individuality?

....................................oh.

I don't think K was supposed to be the scapegoat. Wallace and Luv knew immediately that he wasn't the child; only K doubted his own identity. I think the records listed the male child to throw off anyone who may come looking, not to implicate K.

Which leads me to believe that the memory implanted into him was a fluke. It was based on a real memory, illegally, but it wasn't implanted there on purpose. That is why the memory maker cries upon viewing it. I think she realized what it meant, since it was her own memory, and that K was suffering because of it.

I don't get it to throw who off the rail?

what the fuck

wut?

because they experience it. It being the same memory doesn't matter, it's an experience they felt they live.

Develop, because I don't get it yet.

When Wallace had acne and was a young entrepreneur, he would accept all kinds of strange orders just to get traction in the market.

whoever goes looking for her

police/government searching for the daughter that was born from rachel

presumably they'd search for her to erase her as proof that replicants can sometimes give birth. Such knowlege could lead to a *cough* rebellion

deckard told K how he organized the child to be hidden and to copy the dna and shit. he also didnt seem surprised at all when k brought him the wooden horse

breh, do you really think that's what my post is about?

quads of truth. They were so focused on creating a twist at the end, that they forgot to stop and ask if it made sense

Isnt it a dire crime to kill a real human in that universe? Considering how lowly replicants are treated. Yet there's seemingly no consequence for killing a police chief/human.

>because they experience it. It being the same memory doesn't matter, it's an experience they felt they live

so how does that differ from any other memory they have? wouldnt having all different memories give them a greater sense of individuality?

Ahhh I understand, someone made a record with his dna but recording it as a boy. Then when they found the bones of her mother they will check and see the kid was dead??

actually i changed my mind because the timeline in that case makes no sense. sorry for my retardism. i guess the daughter just randomly gave her memories out to whichever replicant she felt like for no reason. really no good explanation for it

I don't get why it's so impossible to design a replicant that can have a child. I understand that replicants are "born" as fully grown adults from some kind of manufacturing process. But why couldn't a replicant have a child? Are they missing the genes for the process of growing from a fertilized-egg into an adult or something?

Why can't Wallace just genetically engineer them to be able to have children? Tyrell was able to do it secretly when he made Rachel. Are Wallace's new replicants just based on enhancing Tyrell's original Nexus-6 genome (since his are called Nexus 9's), and Wallace would have to make changes he's not good enough to make to add fertility? In other words, Wallace is a hack and could never match Tyrell's genius?

ana was born
they want to hide her
create a record of a boy that was born and use her dna
forget or purposefully leave her record
now there's a record of a boy and a girl with the same dna
whoever goes looking will end up looking for a boy

I forgot exactly but I thought I remember the goose saying that the girl's record was fake.

ya but he's not a memory maker

He's actually crossed with Lima bean DNA.

Which makes him a.......

he didnt make the memory though and they explicitly say in the film that the daughter is not the only one who makes memories, shes just the best

Plot device.

yeah what the fuck? are there no cameras in chiefs office?

"ill say you tried to shoot me first"

what the fuck? seriously? why didnt i even think about this? i know its a little lame to bring cctv into a movies but like, c'mon its the future AND a police station

lel

>whoever goes looking will end up looking for a boy
and why not the girl's record?
Why make two records?
Why not just make one record and say she is dead?

how is it possible that out of all the replicants in the world none of them realized they shared the same memory

How does it reduce their sense of individuality. They're not a hive mind. They don't meet and spew out all their memories. If there's someone out there with all your exact memories but living a different life, does that reduce your sense of individuality if you never meet him?

like I said, goose says something about the girl's being fake or whatever. Both showed up so the movie could move forward and make the audience think K was real.

I really fucking hate that this movie had some bullshit convuluted plot tie this new movie to the old movie.

Blade Runner 2049 should have focused only on K and his AI girlfriend.

The whole "replicant baby jesus" thing was unnecessary and forced, and the more you think about it the less sense it makes.

the point wasnt making them all feel like individuals but to communicate that there is a replicant child out there which means they can theoretically exist independently of humans and not be their slaves. individuality has nothing to do with this, idg where you came up with that

You're looking at it as someone who saw the movie. Change your perspective. When would K have discovered another replicant had it? What's to say that all the whore replicants didn't know they all had it? It's not relevant to the movie so why show it?

she's playing it safe, just like joe, when he (and joi) realize, that the same date is on the horse, but wont mention it, because its dangerous... I say she's on replicant's side, since life on Earth is total shit anyways and is basically run by replicants anyways.

And at this single point, if Luv showed her anger but decided against killing her in the last moment..... it would add 100x depth and humanity (the very POINT of Blade Runner) to her character, which I thought she utterly lacked.

Because every action of hers was that of an automaton, like a to-do list... "angry therefore must kill".

wait what did the prostitute replicant say when she picked up the horse after the threesome scene? i couldnt make out her mumbling

As far as I understand, replicants aren't people. Like, not genetically. They may have traits of people, including their basic makeup, but they are put together out of synthetic parts that mimic the real thing. At least according to the original.

If Rachel's corpse had DNA, then I have no idea. But Rachel was one of a kind of replicants. Maybe Deckard, too. Adam and Eve or something.

As for Tyrell and Wallace, I think the point is that Tyrell WAS a genius, and Wallace is only imitating his works. Wallace talks about the children he has, but he can't re-create Tyrell's method for replicant reproduction. Wallace is the replicant of Tyrell; he has the parts--the resources, the intelligence, the arrogance to play god--but he isn't the real thing, and he is unable to truly create life like Tyrell could.

Also on that point of similarity, Roy squashes Tyrell's eyes (let the creator look upon his work). Wallace has clearly artificial eyes and may in fact be blind (the blind cannot create).

And also may I add, they initially made us empathise with her when Wallace reviewed the new model, making her cry ........... "oh so this is a good character we can empathise with"

Then they turned her into Terminator.... like why.

>What's to say that all the whore replicants didn't know they all had it? It's not relevant to the movie so why show it?

Because if all the replicants have that same memory, why hasn't one of them ever tried to go after the horse that was buried under the furnace.

Apparently they have a shitload of replicants roaming around, but K is the first to ever take enough interest to try and see if his memories are real?

>(the blind cannot create).

>It's made out of real wood.

or somethig along the line

no it doesnt reduce my individuality but it certainly doesnt grant individuality when im in a rebellion full of people who all have the same memory

oh ok then i guess that kind of destroys the theory that she (and by extension all other replicants) had the same memory otherwise she would have reacted differently

>Because if all the replicants have that same memory, why hasn't one of them ever tried to go after the horse that was buried under the furnace.
because they know they're replicants, they know they have implanted memores, and/or they have no idea where that furnace is

K wasn't the first ever to take interest into it, he was the first ever to have the pieces fall on his lap. He didn't look into the horse, it was part of a investigation he was looking into. No one knew the horse existed or that it was in the piano. They assumed it was fake.

some goober i was replying to mentionedthere he is

mentioned individuality

>but it certainly doesnt grant individuality
I don't get what you're hung up on. Replicants know they're replicants. They know they have implanted memories. They know they're fake. I doubt they care about their individuality in the sense you're obsessing over. It's just a tool to shape their personality.

also lol why the fuck did she kiss K?

>because they know they're replicants, they know they have implanted memores
Sure, but you would think that one or two of them at least would be curious enough to see if the those memories are indeed implants or if they could be real.

>and/or they have no idea where that furnace is
The furnace is just outside the city though. it isn't some secret or hidden place.

You would think that one of the replicants that live outside the city would know were that place is.

you're clearly not the person i was replyig to. I think the case for individuality is fucking stupid in regards to the shared memory. Theres some guy in this thread who thinks otherwise

this

Wrong, her memories just feel the most real, there is no other significance to them. And having more realistic memories is apparently better for keeping replicants in line. Otherwise why would manufacturers use them, especially on a dangerous Blade Runner model like K?

That K got her memory of the toy is probably coincidence. Maybe she sold it with her other memories but I'm pretty sure different replicants get different sets of memories for variety, so only a small amount of replicants other than K would have it (and they never visited the real orphanage).

I don't think there is anything else in the movie that hints to K being in any way special.

>but you would think that one or two of them at least would be curious enough to see if the those memories are indeed implants or if they could be real.
ok...and do what about it?

>The furnace is just outside the city though. it isn't some secret or hidden place.
I think you're over simplifying it. It's a big world, not just the set pieces we're shown.

yeah, I just saw that.

How long till this hack rips the plot from this movie and puts it in one of his games?

What the fuck are you guys confused by?
Its obvious that the daughter gave every replicant one of her memories. she even says the line "theres a bit of every artist in their work" or whatever and it was important enough to flash back to it later during the twist reveal. Every replicant has one of her memories. K got the horse one. its not that everyone has the horse, everyone has some piece of her memory and its irrelevant that we know what those are for the minor characters.

She was off-baseline from the adrenaline of the fight. Luv was emotionally and sexually repressed and she just wanted to kiss a man once, when no one would know. Also she'd been watching K for a while and probably had started to admire him

phantom pain had replicant ideas in it and it was executed very poorly

>ok...and do what about it?
That would make them question their status as a replicant? That would make them think they are born and not just some souless replicant?

You would think that Wallace would have gotten an idea that his replicants were being implanted with a memory that was real when one or two of them suddenly had a crisis of conscience.

>I think you're over simplifying it. It's a big world, not just the set pieces we're shown.
It is located near an orphanage just outside the city.

Like maybe if the place was in the east coast or something, but the movie clearly shows that the orphanage isn't very far from the city, and that there are people (and possibly replicants) living there.

because he really is the child, she was the red herring, dont be fooled by all these americans who hthink they understood the story because it was spelled out for them, it's actually a lot more philosophical than that