Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/75907209/
youtube.com/watch?v=b8kZo2xByPY
youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Pacific Rim 2
>Justice League
Why did CGI get worse?

Well yeah, it's gay as fuck. What were you expecting?

Holy fuck that is pure garbage. I don't think I've ever wanted to see a movie less than this one.

Guillotine is rolling in his grave

What do you expect from the genius that brought you Spartacus?

>Want a Pacific Rim sequel
>Get something that looks like a direct to DVD movie starring the latest "rising actor" with no input for the original creator
Who used the monkey's paw?

why fuck sake why
the first one had a serious tone somewhat albeit, still being a kids movie
but this totally looks like fucking transformers meets power rangers

For some reason they decided to make it take place during daytime with a smaller budget than the original.

Yeah, but there's a black main character, so you're not allowed to criticize it.

>first one flops
>wah why didn't they spend as much money making a sequel

Thank your Chinese overlords that you are getting a sequel period.

So you mean to tell me this is simply the difference between a $150 million and a $180 million movie? Those last $30 million make that much of a difference?

>Sup Forums hated Pacific Rim when it came out
>complained everything was too dark
>or underwater
>complained there wasn't enough action
>complained other jaegers were barely there and useless
>gets sequel with everything they wanted
>But with John Boyega

You did this to yourself, Sup Forums. You got Monkey's Paw'd. Now deal with the shit you helped make.

OH NO NO NO NOOO
*Inhales*

>Full CGI cockpits
>shit armor
>the effort of making the jaegers appear giant by making them move slowly and have heavy windups and shit is thrown out the window
>fights dont take place during the night and in the rain making the robots appear really out of place
>2k ton robots jumping around and doing kicks even though only a single jager was able to do it
>they all have edged weapons even though the main thing with kaiju was that their blood is toxic meaning that the Jaegers have to focus on blunt damage over cutting shit
>all jaegers look the same just different colors compared to the variety in the first movie

orange and blue robots the movie

no thx

looks liek power ranger shit, but worse

Jesus

Is this Spy Kids 3-D?

Coolest Jaeger coming trough
fuck your opinions

The first movie sucked as well.

Yes. Do you know how expensive special effects are? Power Rangers was made for $120 million and look how even cheaper that looked.

Miss me yet?

Which video game is this character selection screen from?

Why does it look like a Tau.

they realised they could get away with spending less money on it and people still ate up the shit

The only good thing about the first movie was the space battle and when he pulled the sword out before killing the monster. Instantly recognized the awesome Voltron reference.

They move too fluidly and quickly, they look like regular-size people in a miniature city, instead of giant robots in a regular size city.

this is so fucking sad

Purge gue'la

t. Blueberry

All the fights were fucking great dude
plus having GLaDOS VA do the jaeger interface was nice

Is that robot holding a fucking whip?

Is this Spy Kids 3D?

literally saturday morning cartoon tier. wew.

>the fucking ventilator reactor
Amazing.

>Sup Forums hated Pacific Rim when it came out
That it did. I had fun with thread/board analysis back in the day.
four years ago please kill me

That looks really stupid. You know you're deluding yourself. Stop it.

Titanfall 3 looking pretty good

JUST

>motherfucker doesnt have one reactor
>he's got 2
>doesnt even have escape pods because the russians have to fight to the death
>cockpit is on the chest because the stupid monsters always go for the head first

Titanfall looks better than this

The whole concept of this movie was retarded. The military wouldn't build and equally sized robot to fight these things and would rely on conventional weapons. A nuke has more power than one of their punches.

but thats not cool

The trailer jammed so much dumb shit into 2 minutes

>Jaegers fighting jaegers
>Jaegers move like transformers now, the weight they had in PR is gone
>Why use the great theme if you have shitty rap music
>Retarded cinematography like in the OP so the jaegers look small
>All main characters are kids, we want the divergent/hunger games crowd

I hate cgi so much
It always makes a film look dated and these days it looks faker than ever

Where can I purchase that halloween outfit on the left?

How to attain a physique like this?

can someone tell me why the youtube video is getting so many dislikes? is it the transformers fanbase?

>chromatic aberration
>teal color filter
Fuck this movie

>lets just nuke our major cities and planet LUL

WAR READY
WAR READY
WAR READY
WAR READY

I wanted a proper Power Rangers movie and didnt get it, fuck you this looks awesome.

what is the point of six pack armor?

Nukes aren't really that much of a big deal.

they are when you detonate them in cities

God this looks awful.

Despite the original being a amalgamation of a bunch of better works (and the original creator denying it) it was still a competent movie. This looks like shit.

the explosion maybe not so much but the fallout can really fuck your shit up

it really does look like a halloween master chief costume

And a zombie virus would never reach civilization-collapsing-pandemic levels.
Basically what said.

Fuck the cities, they're just full of garbage these days anyway.

You're thinking of nuclear reactor meltdowns.

If the original pacific rim hadn't been a thing, I would be excited to see this shit but now I am just "ehh" about it. Its weird how I can revert my brain to a child to enjoy childrens giant robot cartoons but can't set my mind to that for a live action hollywood movie

still remember that the categories 1-4 are just smallfry and they'd be sending them out every 4 minutes, and later only category 5s which can survive a nuke (underwater too).

Nukes would only work for a while

is this blade runner?

BY JUPITER'S COCK!

Kek

Wasn't there an user in some Day After/general nuclear war movie thread some time ago arguing the whole Mutually Assured Destruction is crap, nukes can't do that much damage, people are just stupid and cowards etc?
Was that you?

P rim 2 doesn't even have Dell toro attached to it for whatever garbage ass reason!
Probably because dell toro would have wanted to much cash to make the movie perfectly the way he envisions and hollywood thinks fans of the original will see it just cause its a sequel.

I have very little interest in seeing PR2 and i was a hugeeee fan of the first!

Yeah,del toro is all about little details staright down to the smallest lug nut and any true del toro fan who knows his work can see how shitty PR2 looks compared to one.

The Jager looks like shit and all have similar silhouettes.
The colors are garbage and whoever thought they should just be one standard color need to be capped in the face.

Moster design look like remodels(the one we are shown in the PR2 trailer has the same inside face that the one in the ocean had during the final confrontation) of the ones from the first one instead of each one being unique in there own special way.

Dont even get me started on the Jager cockpits!
Dele toro made sure every inch of the cock pits had a purpose while you can tell in this one that most of that shit is just there to look fancy and complex when its not.

Yes, i am this mad

>(and the original creator denying it)

Del Toro talks about Go Nagai in the commentary and robot shows he watched as a kid in mexico

>one third of the budget of the original WITHOUT ADJUSTING FOR INFLATION

They needed a Jaeger to deliver the payload in the first one anyway. I was just shitposting about the eventuality of using nukes in real life though.

And thanks to that shitty image I made a year ago and still have for some reason, I found that thread.
You're welcome.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/75907209/

but then we'd just use kinetic weapons, not mecha
youtube.com/watch?v=b8kZo2xByPY

Can I ask what the appeal of Pacific Rim even was
I watched it and it felt like the most generic trash with some nice effects
I feel bad saying this but it really felt like a childrens movie, but not in a good way
Did I miss something or what

>afraid to crush the blacks

>first movie was dog shit
>second movie will be even shittier

It's poetry

It was just a well made homage to Japanese stuff. A lot of people had never seen those tropes before so they were impressed

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
don't pay to see it like every other upstanding US citizen

I thought you fucks liked Spy Kids? What's the problem?

Stand in the middle of two black holes.

I'll defend PR1 until the end of my days, but this trailer is so incredibly disappointing

By jap stuff do you mean things like sentai and gundam
because those are without a fucking doubt the worst things that people latch onto

It was basically garbage for western retards who've never seen good mecha in their lives and were willing to slog through 2 hours of """"Characterization"""" just to see one (1) rocket punch.

nice opinion you retard

>literally some pads glued into a spandex suit

>sentai and gundam

super robots and monster movies

I appreciate your comment, user. I was amused.

>Why use the great theme if you have shitty rap music
holy shit I totally forgot about that awesome main theme. what the fuck were they thinking not using it? jesus I hope this bombs

It's one of the best mecha media in existence
Sit your ass down /m/anchild

>original movie
>"we were rock stars"
>uprising
>?

Noice. Nah it wasn't me, Strategic Relocation is worth a watch if you're interested.

cerno best girl

J U S T
U
S
T

I loved Pacific Rim from the beginning.

Honestly, who knows how much it costs to make anything anymore? Ridley Scott made Alien: Covenant for 97 million and it easily looked like it could've been a $150 million movie.

They used it, sort of. It's mixed with the shitty rap music.

At least I can see what the fuck is going on unlike the first one.

It's basically power rangers

>Asylum budget

Christ, how embarrassing

>strip away the lovecraftian elements
>film turns to shit