twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

STD

its STD user ask any real trek fan.

DSC is where it's at

Real trekkie here, it's DIS. That's how Star Trek shows are abbreviated

We already agreed months ago to STD.

literally STD

It's DIS.

What's the difference between STD and The Orville?

No one calls you a racist when you say The Orville is shit.

nice fake poll but its STD, check last thread for the real poll.

So this is gonna be focused solely on Michael? Or can I expected an ensemble show?

You lot are genuinely taking the piss now.

fake and gay

everyone voted STD, nice try with copy paste in photoshop.

>real poll

You mean the results after the poll was posted in /orville/?

It's std you fucking retard stop ruining our threads

>STD

This is what shows up when I search for 'dis'. So anytime someone makes a thread with 'discuss' in the op its going to show up. a ton of other threads are going to show up. fucking hell. meanwhile, I search 'std' and I get 'no results found'. meaning you pretty much would have straight navigation every time you search. and the reason we cant use /STD/ is???

Everything about this show is an STD.

no wonder the betas and nucucks arent even bothering to tune in.

Fuck off, mongoloid, you're the one ruining the thread.

Bahahahaha show the real one you fat mantitted twink boy

>/Discovery/ Star Trek Discovery General

Should be

>/Discovery/ general - Star Trek
or
>Star Trek /Discovery/ general

>even if we went with /STD/, this memewar has lasted long enough that everyone will search for "dis" because "Discovery" is in the title

its exactly why STD is the superior acronym. It seems only low test betas and those who lack any kind of intellect think DIS is legit since their so brain dead.

Are you too autistic to type "discovery"?

STD is KANGZ.

Someone give me one good reason /STD/ can't be used. If you can actually name even one reason then I think the obvious choice would be /DIS/ despite its obvious flaws. That being said, there is no reason per se we can't use /DIS/. But is there a reason per se why we can't use /STD/?

those ears though

This poll is fake as fuck, I didn't even get a chance to vote before you close it?

There's no reason to use or not use it. Since people will not know what the acronym is, everyone--everyone--will search for "dis" in the catalog. This entire discussion is moot regardless of the abbreviation used in the title

STD does not fit the pattern of abbreviation for Star Trek series, and also seems to be bait at this point.

Because it doesnt follow the naming pattern TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT.

Please delete the thread and rename it STD. We decided on this name back in May.

Thx OP

The fact that you and those like you are more upset about people disregarding initialism conventions than you are about the show disrespecting canon is how we know you aren't a Trek fan.

OP here, fuck off or talk about Star Trek.

Because that's not how you abbreviate Star Trek shows

Sexually Transmitted Disease

>We

Not fooling anyone Orshill

STD is the only designation trek people recognize for this show, we need to use what fans are already using not some made up thing like dis which doesnt even make sense in any galaxy and is highly illogical.

I might type it one time but after that I just want to use an acronym just like every other general ever what the fuck man. When I go to /vg/ I dont type the entire name of the videogame every single time I may do it once just to find the appropriate thread and then when I know the acronym I just type wowg or lolg or twg or whatever. fuck man. Im starting to get PISSED about this.

STD sounds better than DIS to me, fuck the conventions.

>call the show STD for months
>starts airing
>suddenly DIS and DSC and Discovery and everything as long as it's not STD like everyone else is calling it

Either some autist here is extremely asshurt or we got a shill problem.

Thank you!

Casting a Cylon was an excellent choice.

Neither is DIS you ingrate. Thats not a reason.

>Star Trek
>canon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon

>Another thing that makes canon a little confusing. Gene R. himself had a habit of decanonizing things. He didn't like the way the animated series turned out, so he proclaimed that it was not canon. He also didn't like a lot of the movies. So he didn't much consider them canon either. And – okay, I'm really going to scare you with this one – after he got TNG going, he... well... he sort of decided that some of The Original Series wasn't canon either. I had a discussion with him once, where I cited a couple things that were very clearly canon in The Original Series, and he told me he didn't think that way anymore, and that he now thought of TNG as canon wherever there was conflict between the two. He admitted it was revisionist thinking, but so be it.[5]— Paula Block, 2005

Like how Spock says Klingons can't cry, yet Kahless formed their oceans with his tears? or How Data says he's incapable of using contractions, but does it throughout the first season? or how Troi reads a Ferenghi's mind in "The Price," but in "Menage a Trois" she says Betazoids cannot sense the emotions of Ferengi?

Canon is garbage.

DIS makes more sense than STD. Star Trek shows aren't called STTOS STTNG STDS9 STV STE

can you post the poll link so i can vote? I just got home and want to cast my vote for /DIS/

fpbp

not really. STD is something that applies directly to the show when you think about it which is why online fans who are intellectuals took on the name over the other one which was just a printout from CBS who didnt like the moniker but even CBS doesnt realize that STD is the real think just like how they didnt realize trek was popular and cancelled it.

No we stopped counting votes after the poll got posted in /orville/

>STD
as always first post is best and wins again friends, lets settle this so we can move on to discussing the show and not filling the thread with non trek people calling it dis who dont get Trek and never will.

Threads are /Discovery/ from now on.

Stop being so lazy. Typing Discovery takes 3 seconds

It's DSC, not DIS or STD.

>6000 posts later
>arrrgh its DIS
>no its STD

fuck you its STD

I'm fine with this

Call it whatever you want. The threads are /Discovery/ from now on.

As a life long trekkie I gotta say Im leaning more STD than anything else, it seems more logical than what other people come up with which seems lazy and ham fisted.

Nah it's DIS

There isn't a single overarching naming convention that be be applied to every trek series. The abbreviations only ever seem to come organically ground up from fan communities which STD is and DIS isn't and the ONLY objection anyone has to STD is that its a double entendre which is an incredibly childish reason to object to something. We cant let double entendre rule our lives people. If we did then we wouldn't have great names like Dick or use numbers like 69. But we do, and we can, because outside of your little liberal hugbox the world is full of adults that can easily handle such things.

At least two of these people aren't even American.

>As a life long trekkie
>he said unironically thinking anyone believes you on Sup Forums

i can get on board with this it seems STD is what everyone is using and only people who may not have even seen the show use anything but STD which is what fans call the show for short.

I love Sup Forums.

Argue for weeks over the acronym for the show. Never actually post *about* the show.

America sucks and like on STD I hate america as much as they do.

your basement is calling

Exactly. /DIS/ is already the Disney general thread tag. /STD/ was established for months before the CBS marketers came.

So what exactly you a fan of? If you don't care about anything that came before, it sounds like you will indiscriminately lap up any slop the committee lays in front of you as long as it says Star Trek on it. Maybe you lack the capacity to understand why Trek fans object to this show and the reboot movies.

>every other general ever

Check the catalog. Orville's general is called /Orville/

What are you even talking about? Who brought up liberals? What does that have to do with abbreviations? Fuck off.

It's fucking STD. Fuck, just own the name and move on. Forcing people to say it another way will just make us look like more idiot.

Not an argument.

DIS comes from the fans, DSC is the one that CBS is using.

Dumb Sup Forums tourist who doesn't know jack shit about Star Trek, move along home.

Star Trek Discovery. S T D. It's simple and perfect. Instantly recognizable and memorable. Rolls right off the tongue.

It's too long. It doesn't sound as slick as DIS or STD.
I still prefer to call it STD

100% of Orville posters watch DIS. Any votes counted from them should be counted.

wtf is with the hair, straighten that shit out

peopel who watch the show have called it and still call it STD, the fakers and haters using other names are just trying to confuse discussion because their orshills who hate the show.

>full of adults that can easily handle such things

Says the guy who just sperged at an abbreviation

DIS IS FUCKING BETTER! STOP NAMING IT AFTER A FUCKING SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE YOU FUCKTARDS.

>DSC
WTF?? god we are so far off the rails right now

STD already exists

STAR
TREK
DEEP SPACE NINE

Nah thats DS9 mate, you retarded?

>So what exactly you a fan of?
Star Trek
> If you don't care about anything that came before
I do. I care about the characters and the issues that were explored, and the fun science concepts. I don't care about whether or not the Starfleet uniforms are primary colors or whether the Klingons have hair or not.
> it sounds like you will indiscriminately lap up any slop the committee lays in front of you as long as it says Star Trek on it
Wrong, I hated the JJ movies, all the TNG movies save insurrection, and good portions of ENT.
> Maybe you lack the capacity to understand why Trek fans object to this show and the reboot movies.
No, I understand the complaints. Some are valid, like the fact that the writing and acting are clearly subpar, or that the lens flares are overused. Bitching about minor grievances against canon are not valid reasons, because they suggest there was ever attention given to canon by the show's creators and writers. Especially when Gene himself had already written off TOS as canon, and that is the primary source of conflict for Trek fans right now.

ive never met anyone who says /dis/ everyone pretty much says STD since that is based on the shows name. Seems that plebs or simpletons use anything else to discredit the series so people dont know what their talking about.

*sips tea*

DIS-posters, ask yourself right now, I want an honest self evaluation. IF STD did not ALSO stand for sexually-transmitted-disease, then which acronym would you prefer? If your answer changes then you should seek therapy immediately.

WE'RE CALLING IT STD BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS LIKE SETH MACFARLANE'S COMEDY

Star Trek fans call themselves "Trekkers", not "Trekkies", you obvious shill fuck.

STD.

What is DS9? Do you mean STDS9?

its ds9 brah just like this is STD, but yea I see where your going but that would be incorrect to use as a designation for the show which is why noone uses it and all the fans use STD since its more genuine.

Funny how 9 out of 10 posts are supportive of /STD/ - just like the poll we took earlier. The people have SPOKEN.

>ive never met anyone
We know.
I'd prefer the one that fits with the naming conventions established by fans of Voyager and ENT.

you just went full retard and proved why all the fans use STD while screaming autists like you either make up things because your an orshill and want to derail the threads from actual series discussion or you just hate trek in general.

either way GTFO!! Its STD and always has been, get over it.

>Real trekkie here

STD isnt good from a marketing and consumer branding perspective.

>Funny how 9 out of 10 posts are supportive of /STD/
That's because some of us are trying to talk about the show and not how to name the general, shill.

DIS because Enterprise is ENT and Voyager is VOY. And because TOS isn't STTOS, TNG isn't STTNG, DS9 isn't STDS9. Next question?

/FPBP/

IN spoken converstation, you can say "TNG" or "DS9" and people will know what you mean. "Hey bro what's your favorite episode of TNG?"

But saying "DIS" sounds retarded, STD sounds better spoken. Who cares. STD niggas. "Bro you seen STD yeah it's fucking shite haha" would be a typical conversation,.