How do these things work? Do they shoot bullets? Why do they have no recoil?

How do these things work? Do they shoot bullets? Why do they have no recoil?

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/(Blade_Runner)_-_LAPD_2019_Blaster
youtube.com/watch?v=hAn7FI5cdto&t=3m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a spacegun who cares

it's not like a normal gun that fires a slug via gasses expanding in a chamber.
It's more like an RPG that fires a rocket propelled on its own

It's a revolver but the cylinder is covered with aesthetic pieces so you can't immediately tell what kind of gun it is.
>do they shoot bullets
Presumably. It is never implied that they don't.
>why do they have no recoil
Because they only fire blanks out of them for the movie. In old movies like the first blade runner they never made sure to accurately portray gun recoil. Even in movies like Dirty Harry where he's using a very powerful handgun the recoil isn't enacted accurately.

gyrojets

It's a gyrojet, my man.
It gets mentioned by some irrelevant special effects guy.

high-powered revolver designed to kill the superior durability of robos

It presumably has recoil but K has enhanced strength. I don't recall if they had visible recoil in the first movie or not

fpbp

It's some kind of dense material. A heavy metal of some kind. It was original planned to have a black laser blast come out of it, but they couldn't get the effect right. I want to say they may have even considered calling it a "gravity gun" or a "black hole gun". Like the round is so super-dense when fired it sucks the light in around it, creating the "black laser" effect.

The idea is that it can punch through anything. Leon's little gun is similar, and I think that there may actually have a small black-laser effect on it when he shoots through the table-top.

Recoil.
K is a replicant and super strong.
Deckard may be.
It may have inertial damping tech.

What do you guys think the second trigger is for? K's pistol only has one

>post yfw K doubletapped someone

*it shoots

*originally

Source:
I have all the FX and genre mags from the time.
Cinefex and Cinefantastique went into mind-melting detail about all this shit.

fire the secondary weapon obviously. maybe some models come with a underslung grenade launcher, or its a primitive judge dredd lawbringer, and the second trigger fires flares or whatever

the first trigger is to alert the gun that you want to fire. the second trigger is confirming the shot.

quads for rational truth

It's like a bolter

this guy has it right

>bolter
blade runner is kind of like necromunda

>made in austria

In the novel, Deckard relies on a laser that looks like a flashlight to kill androids and only whips out a revolver when he's tricked in his own squad car and gets his laser disabled. It's a regular "pre-war" revolver with nothing out of the ordinary specified about it.

They used a steyr bolt action receiver.
Also there are not good handguns produced in the US that aren't 1911.

I'm more interested in how its ammo looks like.

Double-set for a hair trigger - a feature completely useless on a handgun.

bladerunner had some big inspiration for aspects of it

like a baby penis

There is a "bolt action gun" on top the revolver.

Is that gun
From Fallout new vegas

i thought it was a neat touch that they made K’s newer model sound heavy when he put it on the table. to point of inpractibility for a human to use

Why two triggers?

>From Fallout new vegas
No. "That Gun" is short for "That Gun from Fallout and Fallout 2" (the .223)

Really liked the sound it makes, sticks in your head a lot better than other gun sounds for some reason. Maybe because it only gets used a few times.

I'm lazy as shit, but there's a youtube video of a guy that was able to nigger rig a Blade Runner replica gun to actually fire.

This was given to you when you cleared some hoboss house in fallout

>Why do they have no recoil?

chambered for .22 bulleted breech cap

this.
maybe someone can write a 3 page wookipedia article on it.

why are spaceguns so sexy

He sound on that was great i wouldnt mind if he went full john wick for a few minutes in the movie

I like pretty much everything about K's Blaster except for that crappy tacticool M4 hand guard looking barrel shroud.

And how it's solid black, but mostly the barrel bit.

They shoot little rockets

And not like the Gyrojet either, they actually explode. Watch what happens to the wall when Deckard misses Roy in the Bradbury building.

>caseless

>10mm caseless
>the diagram shows the ammunition is standard cased rounds

It's because they butchered a Steyr SSG-69 to make it.

I know because I have one. Pic related.

>get home after a long day riding around on the subway, staring intensely at cute replicants
>take off my trenchcoat and throw it onto my bedroom floor
>notice how worn the fabric is
>it's covered in rips and chinese food and still reeks of the time I spilled one of my piss jars on it
>pick up the coat and inhale deeply
>remember all the great times I've had wearing this classic trench
>put it back on, one last time
>one final bladerun
>stride mysteriously out of my room
>travel up the corridor
>step into my mother's room to ask her to drive me to the shops so she can buy me another raincoat I can glue cotton balls to
>my mother is on the bed, four fingers plunging furiously in and out of her quivering vagina
>she's shocked but too close to cumming to stop
>about to back out but the trench infuses me with the spirit of the bladerunner
>leap onto the bed and whip out my phimosis encrusted dick
>stab at my mothers engorged labia, ejaculating dark grey semen all over her hand
>collapse on top of her, whimpering "I...I've seen things you normies wouldn't believe... dumb frogposters getting banned off the board of Sup Forums... I watched cp spammed in tomorrow theme during gamergate... all those moments will be lost in time, like dubs in the archive... time to check 'em"
>take the coat off my face
>I'm actually lying in a gutter
>covered in shit and garbage
>my mom kicked me out six months ago due to my NEET lifestyle
>pop the collar on my crusty bladerunner raincoat
>point my fingers to the stars like a gun
>fire the gun and bring my finger to my lips and blow
>"See you, space robots..."
>tense my bowels as hard as I can and shit diarrhoea down my legs for warmth as I roll over for the night
>it's going to be a long 2049

It's a combination of a bolt rifle on top and a revolver on the bottom... think they shot 5.56 blanks

is there a more cool looking sci fi gun?

No
imfdb.org/wiki/(Blade_Runner)_-_LAPD_2019_Blaster

What are Revolvers.

Literally "put foam and tubes on my gun to make it look cyberpunk tier"

its pretty fuckin perfect desu

The OP's picture literally has the same receiver and trigger assembly as the SSG-69. I'm looking at mine right now.

His gun looked like it had two triggers, but side by side.

>why do they not have recoil
are we just going to ignore that K can run through a fucking wall no problem, it does have recoil, he's just super strong that it doesn't even move his hand

Explain Deckard

So what's the function of the double trigger "in English, doc" for us unfamiliar?

I wish they would have used Syd Meads design in the new movie even if only as easteregg.

right brand, wrong model

triggers vary on how far back you have to pull them and how hard you have to press.

You press the first trigger (the set trigger) to ready the second one. The second one is pretty much a hair trigger so you just have to slightly touch it and it'll fire the gun.

it's science fiction
don't think too hard

youtube.com/watch?v=hAn7FI5cdto&t=3m15s

>brainlets can even read
>10mm caseless rounds are for the sonic shock cartrage on the under barrel
what a sonic shock even does is byond me m8

>right brand, wrong model

How so?

>So what's the function of the double trigger "in English, doc" for us unfamiliar?

The trigger closet to the muzzle is the trigger that fires the gun. You can use it without the other trigger like a normal gun. It's an adjustable trigger, from I believe 4.5 to 2.5 lbs of pull needed to have it fire.

The first trigger is the set trigger. Pulling it back sets the firing trigger to a lightened pull. This is also adjustable. I believe it's from .2 oz to 16oz. Either way it changes an already light trigger to a hair trigger. You basically just tough the trigger and the gun goes off. Pretty awesome for precision target shooting.

>How so?
go to the link that other guy gave you.

>go to the link that other guy gave you.

Ah. So same thing, just a .22, therfore smaller. Didn't know it existed. So they still butchered a bigger gun for it. Funny.