Max Landis will write and direct a remake of An American Werewolf in London

>Max Landis will write and direct a remake of An American Werewolf in London
>John Landis doesn't want him to
Who is in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=txMJUr4_06s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Max Landis is God.

The one who didn't have children decapitated by helicopters.

Do you think he'll try to remake Twilight Zone then? How many people can he kill?

Anyone who pays money to see it.

American Ultra was great, especially the non-action scenes

Trying to one up his dad I would say he'd try to go for at least one of every color, 80% of them being children. It will probably just be a larger helicopter falling though, can't sell original ideas anymore.

*helicopter sounds in the distance*

Unlike RLM, at least he is willing to call Disney out on their bs

>Write a bunch of shit
>Remake your dad's shit
Max is in the wrong here.
He needs to get his shit together and work on something that has weight and substance. Maybe get out of LA for a little bit.

I don't think his dad really gives a shit. It will probably bomb and be shit. Then every time they have dinner he can lord it over him.

"I drop helicopters on children and still make better movies than you, junior"

He does that now, no need to wait.

>American Ultra was great

I wish there was a helicopter nearby that would decapitate you

You're like a month late you dumb fuck.

Max is a hack who' has only wrote one decent thing which is Chronicle. The rest of the time he puts out garbage while crying about shit in his obnoxious faggot voice.

John is still a champ though who gives great interviews.

youtube.com/watch?v=txMJUr4_06s

He works in Vancouver for his TV show and he went to a therapeutic boarding school for mentally ill teenagers in Connecticut because he was kicked out of high school for being unstable.
Also, witnessed.

kek

>spray painted a rare 1998 Godzilla handpuppet from the now defunct toy company Trendmasters for the sole purpose of an edgy quirky picture

Bitch, that's shit is a collectible, don't cover it in spray paint! That thing is worth too much to be fucking painted over like that. It's rare for collectors! Why's he gotta tarnish a collector's item? And what's even worse is that you can see that the puppet itself was in decent condition before all the spray paint put on. A Godzilla 1998 Trendmasters Puppet in GOOD condition is hard to find, and this fucker ruined it. That could be $60-70 depending on how well in shape it was, and it looked damn fine to me. Why'd he destroy an expensive collector's item? I could've put the shit on my collector's shelf.

>>John Landis doesn't want him to
Source? This guy has literally done nothing but fail since Chronicle. Why would he get this project for any reason except nepotism?

>He went to a therapeutic boarding school for mentally ill teenagers in Connecticut because he was kicked out of high school for being unstable.

How bout he makes a movie about that?

$60-70 is expensive to you?

Btfo?

They do though, all the time. Are you autistic?

This this raises the question of why this is happening. Who looked at Landis, everything he's done in the last several years, and think he would be a good fit? If the movie flops, (as it probably will, and not necessarily because of Max, or entirely because it will), what will the producers think, or why were they convinced something else would happen?

They even said the effects will be a "mix of CG and practical".

That is the final nail. Apparently they don't quite understand what made the original so important.

Does this Max guy only makes adaptations or what?

In the field of collecting relevant to that piece, yes. It's hard to find one in good condition. If he the box with it, I'd pay a $100 for it.

This asshole might as well have lit a stack of cash on fire and light his cigarette. I've been searching for a Trendmasters puppet from Godzilla '98 for years, and this dumb Daddy's boy spray paints one of the most decent ones I've seen yet.

No. You don't understand the fucking history b behind those things and how it DESTROYED an entire toy company as well as the relevance it has to film. And guess what? Fruit of the FUCKING Loom helped destroy that company as well.

>$60-$70
>expensive collector's item
You've gotta be joking, right? What the fuck garbage do you collect for that to be expensive, masks from the Scream series?

>one decent thing
alright but wrestling isn't wrestling was pretty good

>No. You don't understand the fucking history b behind those things and how it
$70 is only a few hours of working on a decent wage, but I'm interested in the story. What are you talking about and what's the history behind this figure?

Based /toy/ always reminding us that Sup Forums will never be the shittest board.

>John Landis doesn't want him to

Not true. John just said that people don't react positively to remakes.

Who is this erection confection?

mkultra was awful

They've talked about TFA three times and still have yet to be completely honest about its faults. Rogue One was a slight improvement over TFA and they rag on that endlessly.

see

Max literally confirmed it.

Confirmed that it wasn't a good look because of their connection , are you pretending to be retarded?

>John Landis advised Max Landis not to remake American Werewolf
>Max Landis responds with "Correct"
You're a fucking idiot.

LOOK. THE POINT IS THAT BITCH HAS A TOY AND I WANT IT.

But as for the history...

So basically, the 1998 Godzilla film starring Matthew Broderick had an advertising campaign that did not reveal Godzilla himself. Instead, they'd do things like post a billboard and say "It's head is as big as this billboard" and "his foot is as big as this bus". Needless to say, they were counting on their iteration of Godzilla's design being a secret to make the audience go see the film (kind of like the movie Cloverfield way back in 2008). However, Fruit of the FUCKING LOOM leaked the design of the new Godzilla, and the studio was met with outrage for the sever altercation of the Godzilla character's design. It didn't help that the film was ass-raped by critics. Unfortunately, the film also had an advertising thing going with the to company Trendmasters, who had the license to make American Godzilla toys. Naturally, they made toys to promote the 1998. The problem, however, is that because the film was met so poorly by audiences, not even any kids wanted to by the fucking toys (which were released when the movie came out instead of before to keep Godzilla's design a secret). Because no one bougth these fuckers, Trendmasters was basically stuck with a bunch of fucking 1998 Godzilla figures like the very one Max Landis has in that picture, and the ones that were purchased are very few.

In fact, the whole history of the 1998 Godzilla film is phenomal. The original draft from 1994 was canceled and made into Twister for fuck's sake -- and the CGI software they created (like, they actually did CGI water right for the first time ever and no one will ever know) went on to revolutionize the modern special effects.

>Implying I'm /toy/
No. I'm a collector. Issa muich different, ya see.

All his movies are about that.

>THE POINT IS THAT BITCH HAS A TOY AND I WANT IT.
You can't afford $70?

Is Max a good filmmaker?

No, I can't find one that's WORTH $70. It needs to be in good condition.

Did you consider the possibility that Max painted one that wasn't in good condition?

No. A movie's shitiness seems to be direction related to how involved Max was with the production.

It is in otherwise good condition, though. The most glaring issue I see is the scuffing at the tip of the spikes. You can that before the rest of the thing was spray-painted though that it was in pretty good shape.

I keep hearing that Max Landis is going to be the next to go down for sex abuse allegations. What did he do?

just do your pepe le pew movie and go

Fucked a neck stump of this kid once.
His dad covered it up as a "set accident".

HELICOPTER!

this is a great idea, at least if he fags it up to the max with a gay love interest. max is made for that kind of project

Who is next and why now?