/hor/ror general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WzdW5qFGuqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=frPvDXgZGOU
youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watching Lifeforce...holy shit

Say no more.

Gimme some lovecraftian. Right. Fricking. Now!

The correct choice right here.

Patrician user, very patrician.

I’m not a serial killer

Lifeforce was fucking boring. Enjoyed the nudity and he effects but it really isn't good.

you're boring

>Enjoyed the nudity and he effects but it really isn't good.
welcome to the horror genre young man

other horror comedy recommendations?
I've already watched evil dead, dead alive, american werewolf and drag me to hell

There are plenty of well done horror films. Lifeforce just isn't one of them. It doesn't even feel like horror. It was more like science fiction.

What we do in the shadows

The Omen. Zombi. Day of the Dead(totally underrated)

Tucker and Dale vs evil

class of nuke em high

I just finished watching Jeepers Creepers because of how much it's been memed lately. Everything up to when they get to the gas station and see the Creeper driving back to the church is good, the rest is garbage. Do people like this because they saw it when they were kids?

>Evil Dead
This not a comedy. It is a horror film. ED2 and AoD are comedies.
>Dead Alive
yes
>American Werewolf
This is not a horror comedy and I will never understood why it keeps being lumped in with the rest. John Landis made a horror film that is played realistically. Of course sane people reacting to the idea of Werewolves would think it's ridiculous and lead to comedic scenes. Just because there are funny scenes in it does not make it a horror comedy. It's a straight horror movie that also happens to be funny. It's not like Dead Alive where the whole point was to be gross out funny while dealing with horror elements.
>Drag me to Hell
yes

Here's a list I made.

>Here's a list I made
autism

Jeepers Creepers is an altogether well-made and enjoyable film with some truly unsettling moments. It will go down as a classic.

>shitposting

>Last House on the Left
>Scream
>Silver Bullet
Get rid of this garbage and then you have a decent list.

Shit taste

Just watched Pumpkinhead. Shit was actually pretty rad.

>muh rape and torture movie
>muh very generic slasher that does nothing but make fun of the tropes while still falling for them
>muh crappy stephen king adaption

Okay. Has anyone else here seen this? This is hands down my favorite movie released by Troma and I've seen them all. I ordered the entire catalog back in probably '99. Even Squeeze Play I watched like 4 times. RZ is total magic from beginning to end, and the shotgun blast towards the end is more violent than the whole of Saving Private Ryan.

Slither

Silver Bullet is great though. It's like one long fever dream sequence.

Really garbage modern horror

But Gary Busey as the uncle was great.

yeah, Pumpkinhead fucking rules

You're free to like shitty movies but they are indeed shitty movies.

Oculus

love this movie. blades, blood hook and monster in the closet are good 3rd party troma shlock comedies too

Post your shit taste fag

you must be fun at parties

Phantasm

>implying he gets invited to any

I like shitty movies too. I'm a big fan of Return of the Living Dead part 2 and 3. I also enjoy schlock like Monster in the Closet, Ghoulies, and all sorts of shitty shit. I just don't get why some people feel the need to defend bad movies. Why can't we just acknowledge their badness while still enjoying them

Going with From Dusk Till Dawn and Monster Squad tonight

Don't care for the Vietnam scenes. That whole thing should have been avoided.

I remember Monster itC. Did you ever see Unspeakable? That one is like finding out you have herpes and not being able to focus your thoughts on anything but the herp.

About to watch A Mediocrity on Elm Street Part 3. I own the first 4 films so I feel I should get them out of the way so I can watch some good horror movies.
>Part 1
Strong first half but a boring second half. Suffers the same formulaic storytelling all slashers tend to have
>Part 2
Overly homoerotic for no reason. No likable characters and is just a crappy sequel
>Part 3
about to start watching now. I hear it's the best sequel but I'm expecting just more of the same shit but with more quips.
>Part 4
I just want it to end.

am i banned?

>unspeakable
oh boy had to look up the trailer no i hadnt but now i wanna see
i have seen buttcrack tho
youtu.be/WzdW5qFGuqQ

featuring otis nixon

youtube.com/watch?v=frPvDXgZGOU

yeah

i dont usually say this, but you sound like the biggest fedora tipping faggot in all the land

Why do you people get so defensive whenever someone criticizes your precious movies. Why do you choose to be a sensitive faggot over something so minuscule?

BTFO
T
F
O

>i dont like thing and i must tell everybody i dont like thing in the most immature was possible
grow up

probably a mixture of nostalgia plus an original monster and cat and mouse premise.

MORE LIKE A NIGHTMARE ON SHIT STREET AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're on an anime board, specifically those interested in television and film. You think you can criticize someone's favorite film and not get called names?

>contributing to a horror thread by mentioning what you're going to be watching
>explaining why you don't like something without criticizing the people who enjoy it
>other user randomly tells you to grow up
Kill yourself underage faggot.

Child’s Play 5: Seed of Chucky.

Pisspants is a horror icon

Just watched Rob Zombie's Firefly Family Duology. Had a lot of fun with them as sort of a Texas Chainsaw fanfic.

one of the worst movies i've seen in the past couple years

I watched A Dark Song today. It was good but the last 20 minutes were mediocre. It was nice to see her tits though. She was fucking hot.

I miss being into vanilla women

Speaking of House, the guy that did the monster effects directed this movie. Not perfect, but I remember liking it and it has some similar crazy creature designs.

Fire Walk with Me is a good horror movie

"no"

fuck you. It's great

Can someone explain why this hack is liked? Even when he was a kid, he was an ugly little faggot with no talent. He's been apart of a number of really popular 80's movies but he was never the reason why they were good. He's never done anything worthwhile.

Pls give me yr best and most A E S T H E T I C horror/

suspiria. nah just kidding its shit.

Ok, so if not that, what else?

Love me some michael rooker

i cant think of any A E S T I C movies that are actually good

The first Scream is pretty funny. Tucker and Dale is a pleasant, if basic inversion of "hillbilly horror" with a strong performance from Tudyc.

Gonna watch Halloween 3 tomorrow, I guess. Just want to relax.

For reference, I liked the neon demon and antichrist, which both aren't very horror, but are aesthetic; and as such am a massive fucking pleb. I'm looking for something profoundly stylish and eyecatching, that doesn't necessarily have to be great or capital-H horror

I've watched all ten original F13 movies. Is the remake worth watching?

The serpent and the rainbow is kino as fuck, also any john carpenter horror movie

Ignore that faggot. Suspiria is one of the ebst horror films ever made and it's aesthetic as fuck.

no... then again none of the F13 are worth watching so you might like it.

no its shit but one girl has really nice titties

This one is fucking great. Better than all the House ones (even the one with Brion James and Lance Henriksen which was great too).

Supporting this. Suspiria is great.

Deathgasm was a pleasant surprise, definitely worth checking out

The zombie chinese kids were legit freaky.

OP, ROTLD is my favorite movie of all time!!!FACT!!!

not a fact

Saw this movie in the early 90's on VHS. Fell in love with it. Got it on DVD a few years ago. Just a really, cheesy, stupid but funny and gory Horror classic and the best one shot on video at the time!!!FACT!!!

also Inferno if you need more aesthetic as fuck Argento

Gremlins, Friday the 13th part 4 and The LOst Boys are his legacy. Turned into a burnout and now tries to keep himself I the news by claiming that everyone in Hollywood is a pedophile while not actually naming names because he'd get his ass sued off!!!FACT!!!

I've never watched it all, but it's decent for even low-budget by Troma's standards.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite of theirs -- I like Toxic Avenger and Nukem High more -- but it's a fun watch.

I don't think you understand American Werewolf. Yes, there are ridiculous scenes where situationally the outlandishness reads as absurdist humor, but even the best horror scenes in that movie are humorous. Take the transformation scene's gruesome effects juxtaposed with the soundtrack. Hell, even the little edit of the Mickey Mouse figure in there is hilarious. The whole movie is not only filled with little jokes like that, but the entire premise and at least half the scenes are parodies of older werewolf movies. The creepy pub is very funny. All the undead victims telling David to kill himself is funny. I get that humor is subjective so I'm spelling these things out for you because I want you to understand intellectually why people consider it a horror comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4

I gotta add this to my 31 days of horror, I have the new blu ray

Needs an updated version.. with nudity.

Why is this movie so fucking hard to find a rip of?

This is a good movie but they kind of gave up near the end

deadass?

Because it's a relatively unknown, 30-year-old Japanese movie.

Link me, then.