What went right

What went right

Other urls found in this thread:

filescdn.com/es2r6mlxpg9r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Story, art, pacing, interaction, fights, characters, topics, title arc, and superman.

>That reflection
>Those character reimaginings

I think Batman's armor here is better then the one in Dark Knight Returns.

Never read it.

Who is the old man in normal clothes shinning in the middle of the others?

Power girl

Reminder that Flex Mentallo is a better reconstruction piece than this garbage.
Reminder that Morrison is a superior Superman writer and that he never used Superman as his mouthpiece.

Norman McKay a pastor who is being shown around by the Spectre

>Literal thundercock

Marvels is better.

alex ross at his most same facey

The panel with the preacher watching wonder woman change costumes is good for a laugh though.

Cant I like both for what they are?

Is Thy Kingdom Come any good?

Designs are GOAT

not in the same league (at all) but its enjoyable.

Alex Ross's art is certainly... interesting.

I enjoyed Kingdom Come Superman's little run in the main universe in JSA

I haven't read Kingdom Come but Earth X was really cool

Kingdom Come (2008) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Azkaban)

Kingdom Come (2008) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Azkaban)

That text is wrong because the classic heroes weren't retired at all in KC. The only one who had given up his costume was Superman.

Then there's the biggest flaw in KC: the classic heroes were no better than the 90's uncaring and reckless anti-heroes. Superman had given up, Batman turned Gotham into a police state, Wonder Woman became a disgraced amazon who was as extreme as the 90's anti-heroes, the Flash took out all the life of his city by being everywhere at once non-stop, Green Lantern became an hermit like Superman, the rest were all kinds of useless.

The end also made no sense with Superman and Wonder Woman having a bunch of super-powered children after Superman urged humans to stand for themselves. Yeah, Wonder Woman asked Batman to be the children's godfather so that they wouldn't let their powers go over their heads, but Batman in the comic was a psycho that terrorized the guilt and the innocent alike with a robot army. Not the most grounded guy.

Seriously, KC sucked as a story. The art is nice, though.

That isn't the case at all though.

Everyone turning senile is a very plausible scenario isn't it?

I feel like the future as presented in KC is what the anti-mutant humans in Marvel always thought the future would be like. It was kind of neat the way Waid showed that the governments were trying to pass laws that would curb metahuman activity, but they were useless and did nothing, and no one believed further legislation against them was also useless.

It is. Kingdom Come is a flawed book that end up ruining it's own premise.

I mean, in the end the militant and murderous Wonder Woman is the one took the responsibility to teach and aid the reckless 90's anti-heroes. Does that make any sense?

>tfw I didn't noticed that when I read it the first time

Well shit.

Old manface