Why was Smithers formally black?

Why was Smithers formally black?

ape

He used Dove body lotion.

I wanted to post the original video but everything on youtube is reaction videos. Some black bitch talked for 40 minutes on this topic.

Smither's Smiggers
formly Nither's

They realised that he works in a nuclear plant thus needs to look the part

There's another black guy that works at the plant tho

they needed a character to bounce gay jokes off of and realized that making that character black was just too much. different times.

cut the shit OP
post what you wanted to post

Lenny?

He wore blackface at formal occassions

People are so fucking stupid jesus

According to the old DVD commentary's one episode one of the korean animators drew Smithers as yellow and they never cared enough to correct it

Inking error, he was never meant to be black. In the next episode he was accidentally Asian.

Sneed

He thought it was more chic, 'cool,' still was white at lesser, more relaxed functions.

>According to the old DVD commentary's one episode one of the korean animators drew Smithers as yellow and they never cared enough to correct it
Wow, and we could have had not only a black, but a gay man as a central character. What a lost opportunity for progressiveness. #whitewashing

Talking about racial confusion and the Simpsons...

Carl

Huh, they both actually look better with their colors changed.

reminder, the person who posts sneed is an underaged /asp/ spammer from india

I've heard two explainations. One was that he was always meant to be white but the korean animators weren't told and assumed based on his hair. The other is that the writers decided that having a black man in a subservient role might become a problem so they changed it.

I thought he was a parody of the weaselly executive from Robocop

More importantly why was Sneed's Feed and Sneed formally Chuck's?

Smithers had just came back from a gay cruise so he was very tan.

From what I've heard it was just a simple mistake they were to lazy to correct so they just ran with it thinking no one 28 years later would care.

matt groening has already stated smithers being black was an animation mistake. plus they didn't want a gay subservient black dude assisting the malignant boss of the nuclear power plant

Awww shit this reminded of my long time tradition of wanking to this specific video with ebony milf rubbing her cans with cocoa butter, and I always wanked to it when I had a proper hangover, but now I tried to find and it was gone