Pacific Rim 2

I thought this trailer was fan made what the fuck... how film makers fallen so low?

youtu.be/aNiIUPwk-sU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/stevendeknight/status/916842033452539905
youtu.be/AQvktq03qs4
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=pacificrim.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=njDVA0aucUs
youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks like a transformers movie, but this one at least has the excuse that the robots actually require pilots.

Also, what's with all these colors and shit? The jaegers were supposed to be military warmachines, what's with the super hero-ish color scheme.

Also, why are they fighting in the middle of the city? Wasn't one of the biggest plot points in the first movie that kaiju just destroyed the enviroment with their blood, so they HAD to be fought on the sea or, at most, on a seaside city to prevent damages?

That's what happens when the main director isn't making the movie again, I suppose.

It looks like a fucking animated movie for 10 year olds

>yfw BOYEGA POSTING IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!!

Who #WarReady here?

It legitimately pisses me off.
I loved the first one, and always wished for a sequel, and then this garbage happens. Why didn't they keep del Toro, he had passion and love for it, everything from the real sets and how the machines moved with weight and scale was made by someone who had a deep love for giant robots.
This shit is a fucking cash in with none of the heart, the robots look like transformers or Ironman suits and move as they had no weight, the cgi is even worse, and the main lead is the ugliest negro in hollywood that confirms this movie will bomb overseas cause chinks hate nigger leads.

>get a big role
>immediately cast in some bombastic shitfilm as a cash grab

I wonder who this reminds me of... hmmmm.....

Same. I'm hoping that somehow the trailer picked out all the worst parts of the movie. I know that the Jaeger's seemed totally floaty and shit, but there were a couple scenes of them hitting buildings and shit that made them look really heavy and impactful.

Idk, don't have high hopes for sure

>they turn it into a cartoon
>a shit cartoon

>they could have made an actual PR animated series
>literally perfect for monster of the week shenanigans
>instead we get this
Life isn't fair.

TO BE FAIR, seems like Del Toro wasn't involved in this one to some clash on his work schedule, so it's not like he was kicked out of the project, he was the one busy for it.

Legendary could have hold on the production until he finished whatever he was doing, but gotta make that cash (That they most likely will not make).

>the main lead is the ugliest negro in hollywood that confirms this movie will bomb overseas cause chinks hate nigger leads.

This is the weirdest part for me. Wasn't the first movie a "flop" in the US and only made some profit on the foreign markets, mainly the asian ones?

Why not just cast an asian actor/actress to be the lead?

>GAE BOY

To be fair, in the first one they treated (or used to) treat the pilots like super-stars. They made action figures and tv shows, remember? So it's not too crazy to think that they, the people that make the Jeagers, would adopt a certain level of iconicism.

As to the city fighting.
They still fought in the city when they were forced to, we might be seeing one of the few battles that take place in a city because it makes for a better ad.
I loved the first one and I'll be very disappointed if they drop the ball.

>All Jeagars look the same, just different colored humanoids
>Jeagars and monsters move too fast, implies a lack of weight
>Cockpit is all holograms, no more exoskeleton they have to manipulate
>CGI scenes are too brightly lit and lack any sense of scale, looks like transformers
>Godawful rap song, generic trailer movie would have been preferable
>Possible teenager giving a bad Idris Elba impersonation. You're not going to measure up to 'Today we are cancelling the apocolypse', why even try?
>Monsters look unremarkable. Didnt see a gimmick besides bug assembly guy

Calm down spaz. Liking something just so you can complain is gay af

Meanwhile Adam Driver is in Scorsese kino.

Well, they were "icons" but the super-star aspect is really downplayed when said super-stars are in the middle of a war againist world-destroying monsters. I can see that aspect getting a bigger spotlight in times of "peace", but it seems like a pretty generic thing to focus on when pretty much every single major sci-fi/super hero movie already brings that aspect of being a hero up.

>They still fought in the city when they were forced to

Yeah, and the closest they ever got to the city was still pretty close to the water.

I'm nitpicking maybe, but it was such a big piece of lore about the kaijus that it ticks me off a little bit.

I know people made surface level comparisons with the first movie but they aren't even trying to be original with the mech designs here

I cannot believe I miss Charlie fucking Hunnam's presence

Man, I loved how the russian jaeger looked like scrap, but was one of the best fighters in the first movie.

Literally has a nuclear reactor on its head to power the whole damn thing and his only gimmick was that he had kind of shock fists and punched a lot.

Also, no escape pods, cause it was an old prototype clunker.

>rap song

Really?

Rinko, Charlie Day and the aspie scientist are back, though.

Even Charlie can't save this film...

>Toro as director for the first movie. Passion project for years. Second movie has a director who's a nobody that only worked in television before who gives no fucks about mecha
>Master cinematographer for the first movie. For the second movie they have the hack Dan Mindel.
>Don't even have the same person doing the score as the first movie
>Awful scope and scale
>nu-jaegar designs
>half the pilots are teenager little shits
>CGI looks so cheap it looks like the kind of shit you see in jap movies
>Feel the weight and power behind every movement and hit in the first movie. Here they're dancing around and everything lacks impact in the fights.
JUST

Explain that gif

The girl had trouble pronouncing his name, so she just called him Totoro

It's the little girl that was the japanese pilot in flashbacks of the first movie and Guillermo Del Toro patting her on the head.

twitter.com/stevendeknight/status/916842033452539905

Lads, I fucking love the original and then I see this.

Mako is most likely a minor character. The main pilots are going to be Boyega and Eastwood.

So yeah, I'm going to miss the questionable acting chops of Charlie Hunnam

What racial slur?

Ron Perlman was smart enough to stay away from this film

Clearly GYPSY. Complete offensive to the romanian culture.

Gotta get ready for his cameo in the hellboy reboot.

youtu.be/AQvktq03qs4

A friend of my drug dealer had a hard on for the trailer. I guess I need to tip the both of them off to the police.

I am 95% percent sure that all you have to do to win over youtube reactors is have giant robots and shitty "hype" music

How are these reaction videos even a thing?
Sometimes I wish I had a gulag...

Why did they go full anime?

the only thing reaction videos are good for are shock video

that's fucking adorable

Oh god, now I know what that reminds me.

It gives me serious Big Hero 6 vibes. Previously defined franchise with japanese/asian influences being remade to appeal to a wider audience.

they need the pretentious weeaboo audience

>immediately shows black man white woman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING ME

Yeah thats okay if it's good, but for reactions for trailers and shit?

The second robot looks like Bulkhead from Transformers

>took a college class called "Gypsy Language and Culture" taught by an actual Gypsy
>he went out of his way to point out that calling Romanies "Gypsies" is on par with calling Latinos "Mexicans" i.e. it's not polite
>he also pointed out that at least Gypsy isn't literally derived from the word for "thieves" like in Slavland
>some retarded woman from Delaware who is probably 0% Romani gets triggered by it
hmn really makes me think

>Also, why are they fighting in the middle of the city?
You've never noticed how Hollywood loves fight scenes in the middle of downtown?

Did the aliens that make the kaijus decided that they don't need to have poison blood anymore?

You know, since they were being too efficient on killing people with it.

>Fighting takes place in the daytime
>token british nigger as main character
>that color scheme

Is a prequel, the being less technical is a choice as these are closer to Gen 1 tech.

The trailer looks like an unbleached and unwashed asshole, however

it's not a prequel

What? I thought Boyega was being young Idris (Pentecost)??

Complete garbage then.

P rim 2 doesn't even have Dell toro attached to it for whatever garbage ass reason!
Probably because dell toro would have wanted to much cash to make the movie perfectly the way he envisions and hollywood thinks fans of the original will see it just cause its a sequel.

I have very little interest in seeing PR2 and i was a hugeeee fan of the first!

Del toro is all about little details straight down to the smallest lug nut and any true del toro fan who knows his work can see how shitty PR2 looks compared to one.

The Jager looks like shit and all have similar silhouettes.
The colors are garbage and whoever thought they should just be one standard color need to be capped in the face.

Moster design look like remodels(the one we are shown in the PR2 trailer has the same inside face that the one in the ocean had during the final confrontation) of the ones from the first one instead of each one being unique in there own special way.

Dont even get me started on the Jager cockpits!
Dele toro made sure every inch of the cock pits had a purpose while you can tell in this one that most of that shit is just there to look fancy and complex when its not.

Yes, i am this mad, but either way toro will make some cash of this because its his brand

jesus that pic is sad

>Wasn't one of the biggest plot points in the first movie that kaiju just destroyed the enviroment with their blood, so they HAD to be fought on the sea or, at most, on a seaside city to prevent damages?

you'll notice that in one scene in the trailer flatty mgee little girl character is unloading on a kaiju with a giant machine gun, one of the first things we learned about the jaegers in the first movie is they stopped doing that shit because of said blue blood getting all over the place when they unloaded on them with giant fucking bullets.

I don't think the blood thing is ever going to be brought up in the second movie.

No, he's Pentecost's son that wasn't mentioned at all in the first one. Yes, really.

Why'd he have to cast that fucking charisma black hole?

Why does everything look bland and washed out like fucking Transformers now?

>they've evolved

Jesus Fucking Christ. I was the target audience for kaiju-kino too.

Oh, they are going the "mass effect" route but straight up retconning details from the first movie.

Oh well, here's one not going to watch it.

>looks worse than transformers

how the fuck does that happen

>doesn't even have Dell toro attached to it

Oooooh it all makes sense now.

No Taco, no sale. This is the kind of shit he was born to make. Autism.

>all the complaints in this thread

ITS A MOVIE ABOUT ROBOTS FIGHTING MONSTERS, NOTHING HAS TO MAKE SENSE

How did pacific rim do in china? That is probably your answer; the chinese have no taste and will eat literal trash.

Nope, that's only true if the movie seems entertaining. After over a decade of dumb transformers movies, I want a little bit more from my robot fightan monster movies.

THIS, the main audience 10 years olds, nobody is gonna remember a plot point like

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=pacificrim.htm

Over 100 million in china. Keep in mind that the original movie took place in China.

No, the main audience are chinese and foreigners. Remember that this movie was a domestic "flop"

Can anyone who's lived among them explain why the chinks love over-the-top CGI mindless action flicks? They are the only reason the Transformers franchise is still running

I don't have a clue. They spent more money going to watch the original pacific rim and the last transformers movie than Rogue One.

a lot of human dialogue get's lost on them due to cultural differences, so they go for an action packed escape

If Charlie Day and Burn Gorman don't kiss in this one I'm suing Legendary Pictures

looks like fucking power rangers shit
completely misses the point of them fighting at night and in the rain to disguise the full CGI action scenes

I remember Sup Forums made some sort of schedule with plotlines and ideas for the showand sent it to someone

that shot of Leatherback leaping onto Cherno's back still gets me

>This fucking song choice

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea.

soulless people watch soulless films

it's a prank for youtube

looks like shit but I'll still watch it in cinemas because I like giant monster movies and they are kinda rare

is there anyone else beside del taco that get the autistic details right?

they want the bayformers audience

>autistic details
>like weight and scale

those are pretty big things to miss pham

youtube.com/watch?v=njDVA0aucUs

This was my thoughts on it. Got so upset that I had to actually make a video about it.

oooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhh

Pacific Rim sucked because Del Toro couldnt write interesting characters.

They just took the logical step in the sequel and tried to appeal to as many people as possible.

>First up is Gipsy Avenger, named after the legendary Jaeger from the first film, who has a gravity sling that allows it to “reach out and grab buildings and cars [to throw at] at the kaiju.” Second is Bracer Phoenix, which is a brute force, three-pilot machine. The third pilot can drop into the chest and operate giant guns called the vortex cannon. Third is Saber Athena, an experimental, swift Jaeger with plasma swords. Fourth is Titan Redeemer, which has a weapon attached to its arm called the “ball of death.” There’s also Guardian Bravo, another brute force Jaeger that has a “graphine arc whip.”

Okay, the names still fucking get me. That shit's wonderful.

The trailer disappointed me too but I'm still going to watch it hoping for moments of greatness.

>2017
>youtube channel with "productions" in its name

Which actor is gonna masturbate to a comatose body?

Boyega. he's gonna need more than one hand if you know'm sayin

I want to be excited that the other robots will get to do stuff this time but if they really got any focus the pilots would have been shown instead of focusing it all on Boyega with a little Eastwood and the girl who takes his spot

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
did anyone think this was gonna be good even?

Why the fuck is glados in this?

She was in the last one too, but they toned her down because of autistic retards.

That's because that's exactly what it is, a movie targeted toward the 10-14 demographic, to sell toys and to sell the idea of interracial cuckoldry because it stars that Star Wars baboon.

>#WarReady
Race war ready? absolutely

Because 99% of them pirate movies so they go to the movies for the "cinematic experience" rather than the movie itself

Fuck this nigger

Hopefully this godawful shot isn't in the final product. It basically undercuts every good thing about the property in about three seconds, having the camera zip around and removing any kind of scale to the machines.

I will say, though, the trailer plays a lot better on the big screen. I saw it before Blade runner, and it's not quite as floaty and gay as it seems on Youtube.

Get a proper background, get the camera higher so you aren't looking down on it (amplifies everyone's double neck), and don't hold your hand in front of the camera so much. Audio levels could use some work. You basically just made a 5 minute video of Sup Forums opinions.
Still, I'd have given it a 6/10 score: inoffensive.
>i'm still hopeful
3/10 see me after class

shit, I completely forgot

audio mixing needs work and having productions in your name makes you sound arrogant

overall it was fine

but overall it was alright

>those buildings
Literally PS3 quality. Fucking hell.