China (holding a special red carpet event) and japan still to open...

china (holding a special red carpet event) and japan still to open. looks like this kino will pass $200mil lads maybe $300.

Against a $200 mil budget? That still leaves them in the red, very much in the red. That doesn't even take into account the promotional budget.

yes but at least its not an absolute disaster

>Potential $100 mil loss
>Not a disaster
Even the new Ghostbusters wasn't that bad.

300 is nothing when "The Mummy" did 407 worldwide and was fucking railed and hated by almost everyone.

first blade runner made only $33mil. compare that to the mummy series which grossed $500mil+

Just accept this is one of the biggest bombs of the year and move on.

DELICIOUS DAMAGE CONTROL

HA HA HA HA HA

THIS FLICK IS A FUCKING FLOP.

SHIT SHIT SHIT.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DUMB DUMB "ACTION" MOVIES.

We don't even get martial art shit like we used to.

The good news is there won't be a shitty sequel. The bad news is this discourages studios from doing anything good. In a world where "TOM CRUISE STARS AS TOM CRUISE IN TOM CRUISE: LOOK OUT, THERE'S A MUMMY!" is a massive success, I don't see studios having any incentive to deviate from that formula and waste time with good scripts and good acting.

The movie won't suddenly stop making money faggots

It will easily pass 400 million, maybe get to 450 million.

>The good news is there won't be a shitty sequel

There will... in 30 years.

Harrison Ford will be added in CGI.

It's not going to suddenly start to, either.

It's a boooooomb. A turd. A failure. The opposite of a success.

I plan on seeing it 1-2 more times with Based Moviepass, i suggest my MP bros do the same. Even if you dont watch it, swing by the kinema and 'check in' to bump up BO.

From the trailers it looks like it's low budget like Dredd. Glad it's failing.

It's not a bomb it will make 400 million+. It will make the money back but not bring in much profit, but I'm sure DVD sales and all that will.

fuck off cancer

Box office failure is a sign of true kino status

Awwww geeee. :( Maybe they shouldn't have hired dopey Ryan Gosling as the star.

>barely breaks 80M worldwide open week
>will make 400+

>muh dvd sales

Denial of this level is dangerous.

it might turn a minor profit from home video sales. at best.

Say it with me..

FLOP
L
O
P

You're all a load of faggots, because it's a really good movie. I don't give a shit if the studio makes their budget back. From a business standpoint, it was probably really stupid of them to spend $150 million on a 3-hour sequel to a 35-year-old adult sci-fi film that was not financially successful in the first place.

But they put that budget to good fucking use. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a major studio movie that was this good. I can't get it out of my head, I'm probably gonna see it again. So they might not clear 400 mil or whatever, but that's another $15 at least

>china isn't going to love thi-

Who is voicing Joi-chan for the Japanese dub?

Was the first Blade Runner successful in theaters?

>The Mummy
>A massive success

>deviate from that formula
>it's a sequel to a 30 year old movie

what did he mean by this?

Dunkirk made 330 million from foreign market and had the same 50 million foreign opening as blade runner...

>From the guys who brought you "Blunder Womyn is a bomb!"

Dunkirk also made 50M domestic. Which, you know, is what BR was supposed to. Instead it barely made 30.

>Against a $200 mil budget?
>That doesn't even take into account the promotional budget
well you seemingly did since it's announced budget isn't 200mil

Yeah, I'm sure blade runner will pull in 75 from the UK alone like Nolan's film did.

Is there a screenshot of this movie tha doesn't look dead? Bladerunner is supposed to be cyberpunk technoir. This shit looks like a Youtube fan film.

>Believes the announced budget
Even then you still have to take the promotional budget into account, easily another $20-$30 mil right there.

the best thing about this movie is that it filters out all the plebs like this retard for the amusement of others

This.

I'm glad it was made, and made on the filmmaker's terms.

I fully see the studios eventually making their money back with home video sales. The super high rating on imdb will alone push those sales. They just have to wait it out a bit.

Also this.

I heard on twitter that the director Dennis Villanova was just taken into the hospital for attempted suicide
Sad

You know there is no reason why a studio would lie about the budget being smaller than it really is
If anything they overstate the budget to avoid taxes and impress some people who care about that sorta thing

I don't think WB will care very much. Blade Runner was a risk and it paid off critically, and will be known as a cult classic.

They got their huge hit with IT this year and they have had great returns this year.

it's Sony outside of the US, for whatever reason. I don't know who this falls on if it's a flop

like others have said I don't care because I thought it was really good

You are a waste of oxygen

Uhh, strong word of mouth, maybe?

Why is American audience so shit?

But the movie is secksiss