Which one did it best?

Which one did it best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Twilight Zone is always the right answer in a sane and decent world. Tales from the Crypt is a close second.

Pig face people is an overrated episode.

guys

Zone>Crypt>Darkside>Gallery/Horror

What about The Outer Limits as an option? I never watched too many episodes, but some of the ones I remember were pretty spooky.

Am i the only person that thinks the Twilight zone is predictable?

To clarify, I mean the 90s one. I've never seen any of the 60s Outer Limits.

Yeah, its basically proto m night streetshitter

Tales from the crypt because they showed boobies.

This is the correct answer, but there are merits to all of the shows posted.

>when someone says Twilight Zone isn't the best television show in history

I've got a lot of nostalgia for The Twilight Zone, but Tales from the Crypt is creepy, vulgar, violent, and comfy as fuck. So that one

That's not spook.

In general I think anthology tv is predictable and always poorly paced for tv. Not every story needs to be 22-26 minutes long, especially stories centered solely around twist endings. When a story has to be written to meet length requirements like that they always suffer

Twilight Zone is the undisputed GOAT

Night Gallery was solid

Crypt was extremely hit or miss but usually its cheekiness allowed it to coast by.

Darkside was the Hustler of episodic horror TV series. Just low-rent retarded trash. It isn't in the same league as the other shows.

Masters of Horror never lived up to its promise but I think it gets a bad wrap. Those episodes are the last halfway decent thing from a lot of those directors. It also had the sense of a big goof a lot of the time without tipping its hand and becoming total self-parody. It's like a somewhat muter Tales from the Crypt.

>Not loving based Darkside
youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA

I only remember the good ones, of which there were a decent amount.

>the one where FTL transportation is actually creating a clone then burning the original body but one person manages to avoid incineration due to a glitch and now has to be killed because there are two of them

I've been re-watching a lot of Twilight Zone recently and by god are there some real shitters in there. I Sing The Body Electric is so bad I was getting physically angry at every one involved. A lot of the iconic episodes are very overrated too, like To Serve Man.

Some of the iconic ones do stand up like Walking Distance and Howling Man, as well as some lesser known ones like Long Distance Call and my personal favorite, Little Big Wish. Overall, a lot more shit than I remember though.

fucking nightvisions

Also, I just watched the Pallbearer episode and it was fucking horrid too. It was some autist getting angry at people who rightfully called him out on his shit (and in the case of the schoolmarm, in the most preachy, soapboxy way possible), then he imagines he's in a nuclear holocaust for no reason.

I'm starting to think that half the episodes are complete wastes of time.

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, Monsters, or Freddy's Nightmares?

Tales from the Crypt is the best thing HBO has ever put out. It's probably my favorite but Twilight Zone is also a valid answer and is indisputably more iconic and influential to pop culture (which in fairness is expected since it was decades earlier than Crypt). Cryptkeeper is a great host though. Alfred Hitchcock is the only other anthology host that comes close and Elvira but for different reasons

Never seen Monsters, is it any good? I like beyond belief out of the other two, only because of its comfiness

Masters of Horror had the best premise, but it failed to deliver. There's only like two or three good episodes per season

Tales from The Dark Side has the best intro, but fucking stupid shit like a killer vacuum

THE TWILIGHT ZONE YOU PLEB FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!

THIS IS 100% CORRECT!!!FACT!!!

>Am i the only person that thinks the Twilight zone is predictable?

That's because we're more sophisticated than audiences were back then when that show was mind-blowing to the average pleb!!!FACT!!!

reported for shitposting!!!FACT!!!