I just watched this

I just watched this
Give me one non-white-guilt and non-Sup Forums reason for this movie's Academy Award
Did I miss something? This movie is just stereotype after stereotype. I read that some negative reviews even got accused of being homophobic and racist.
Is it racist to hate a bad movie nowadays?

>Give me one non-white-guilt and non-Sup Forums reason for this movie's Academy Award
Having a compelling story in the slightest makes it too likely to be cliche, and can be appreciated too easily by the masses. So you'll find that many of the most well-received films disproportionately are light on story, and this film's story was a shallow as a puddle.

fucking nigger faggot

>Give me one non-white-guilt and non-Sup Forums reason for this movie's Academy Award
I can't, and I don't even dislike the movie.

It was filmed in Miami. Jews love Miami.

La La Land was way better than this, had a good story and good acting. This shit is just stupid, you can barely count that as acting
And you're telling me that a drug dealer from the 80's is ok with kids being gay? Where did the gay thing even come from?
I just saw a kid getting bullied and 20 minutes in he's told that is okay to be gay. The mom implies it earlier but as the viewer, you're not shown anything about the kid, he didn't even have any homosexual behaviour. He is quiet and shy, so are autists

It's not the stereotypes but the humanity of the character and their development within a society (African American neighborhoods) that persecuted him for something he couldn't control (being homosexual).

It had a fairly straightforward set of themes and explored them with finesses and creativity. That year wasn't particularly good for movies in general desu

What are you telling me this, as if I were defending the movie, or its selection for Best Picture?

The gay thing was the central point of the story:
He had no support structure at home and none in the community save for this one drug dealer and his girlfriend.

The implication is that he's getting bullied in the beginning for being gay or showing more effeminate traits (his enthusiasm in the dancing class for instance) or his general lack of violent behavior (his friend tries to explain that he needs to fight back, implying that he doesn't normally).

The whole point is that that drug dealer was the exception to the rule. He was the exception in a lot of ways: he had a home that looked like it was taken care of instead of just living in some crack den or gaudy penthouse. He actually criticized the mother for whoring herself out and doing drugs but realized he was to blame for the problems in the neighborhood.

>La La Land
>good in any capacity
A movie with almost no tension or stakes or character development?

It's at least better than White Guilt The Movie

Have you ever tried to ever watch movies outside of your Sup Forums tinted glasses?

There were barely any white people in this movie, how is it White Guilt?
It's not like the Drug Dealer was going to a CIA man to get his crack or some shit.

How can a movie be about White Guilt when there aren't any white people in it? This shit isn't Elysium where there is a literal white suburbia floating in the sky filled only with white people and the Earth is over populated by hispanics and Matt Damon

Not him, but when people make Sup Forums's job of pointing this shit out so fundamentally easy it's hard not to. The biases and agendas aren't even subtle or hidden anymore, they're blaring their intentions and making it all so obvious that anyone making the complaint that you are just kind of looks silly in context.

Let's asume Moonlight has an all-white cast.
The story is still bad. There's barely any acting and the amount of stereotypes and cliches it uses should be a crime

Can you explain why the story is bad for you?
Also, barely any acting? Are you saying the actors didn't emote enough or they didn't have enough dialogue or what?

Except this movie has nothing to do with white guilt or white people, that poster clearly hasn't seen it and neither have you.

The point of this thread was never about that, it was about why this movie won which most certainly does involve white guilt.

Again, this isn't a slavery movie, for which your argument would hold some sway.

I'm hearing that this movie is bad and worse than the next runner up contender, La La Land, but I personally disagree since I found both the themes and acting in this movie to be better than that in La La Land

Because la la land is dishonest trash and even a movie about nig nog fags is still better than that Hollywood circlejerk garbage

also Emma Stone didn't deserve the oscar

Let's see.
We are shown a kid getting bullied in a bad neighbourhood for apparently no reason
Then comes Juan, the dealer, which has a nice house and doesn't want "any of that shit" in his area.
We are shown that this man and his woman treat him well and feed him.
And we jump straight to stereotypes and cliches
The kid comes from a broken family, single mother who verbally abuses his son. The woman is also a drug addict.
We see that the kid is actually good at something and has at least one friend, 5 minutes later, the mother yells at Juan and implies that Chiron is gay, out of fucking nowhere, then Juan tells the not that it is ok to be gay, but he might not be gay just yet, and he'll know when he is actually gay.
At that point I couldn't take the movie seriously anymore.
I'll continue with the second part in the next post

>Again, this isn't a slavery movie, for which your argument would hold some sway.
You say that like that's a requirement for those with white guilt to immediately defer to anything involving black people.

Academy Awards™ Best Picture™ Checklist:

[ ] Black Protagonist?
[ ] Gay/Lesbian/Trans Protagonist?
[ ] Poor Protagonist?
[ ] Daddy Problems?
[ ] Student-film-looking Cinematography?
[ ] About Hollywood?
[ ] About Holocaust?

Moonlight checks five of these.
La La Land, for instance, checks only one.

>Because la la land is dishonest trash
True, but there was actual care and craft put into La La Land, while Moonlight was made by a director will little experience on a shoestring budget, and it shows.
>Emma Stone didn't deserve the oscar
She deserved it more than anyone in Moonlight, meaning the acting at least was better in La La Land than in Moonlight.

But that's literally what Miami was like in the 80s. It's a stereotype because that's how it actually was.

The mother is yelling at Juan because Juan was hassling her after seeing her whore herself out and do drugs to go home and take care of her kid. She yells at him because he's trying to be holier-than-thou despite being a drug dealer, and she implies he's gay because she also thinks its a bad thing and thinks it's okay that her son is getting beat up (which Juan previous prevented and walked the kid back to his house).

Do you pay attention?
Admittedly no one should take these award shows seriously. Most of the 'academy' doesn't even fucking watch the majority of the movies they're supposed to vote on.

Part 2
Chiron is crying, presumably because he comes from a broken home (which is then confirmed in the scene at the beach)
He keeps getting bullied. His friend then tells him how much pussy he is getting.
Another scene showing his broken home and the drug addiction of her mother
Chiron is seen at the beach with Kevin, they are talking about their issues, which given the neighbourhood I guess they are common. Chiron goes more emotionally deep than Kevin
Then Kevin just places his arm on Chiron and they kiss and jerks Chiron off.
Now, I know Kevin is his only friend and all, but where did all that come from? Kevin suddenly likes men when in the previous scene he talks about how he fucked Samantha?
Or was Kevin always gay or in love with Chiron?
Next-up the bullies make Kevin attack Chiron, that scene was tense and the only moment that felt real and the conclusion was marvellous, I'll give it that.
I'll continue with the third part on next post

So the entire bit with Kevin is that yes, Kevin is bisexual but when you're in the hood you never even fucking consider it. For all the dindu shit that blacks cry out about, most of their neighborhoods at that time and well into the 2000s were incredibly xenophobic. So there's no psychological wiggle room for most people to even consider that they might be anything other than straight.

Which is why Kevin did what he did on the Beach: they were away from the society that would persecute their tendencies and allowed to be themselves.

Kevin is very clearly bisexual, though probably more attracted to women than men (he has a kid after all). But he does have an attraction to Chiron that only revealed itself when they were away from people (like the bullies) that would judge them for it, which falls in line with the theme of the film of what being unfairly persecuted in society does to the persecuted individuals

I personally preferred Hail Caesar! as far as hollywood nostalgiafagging goes

So Chiron is now a drug dealer, which makes sense giving that Juan was the only father figure he had.
The guy has a seemingly good life, his mother is still bothering him, not so much now.
Kevin calls him out of nowhere because he missed him
He drives by, they chitchat. Chiron tells him he's a drug dealer now while Kevin actually has sort of a family. Chiron questions why Kevin called him, to which Kevin insists is because of a song that reminded of him
The song never played at any moment when they were together but now it means something for them? I know the lyrics were the important part, but still, why that song anyway?
Chiron drives Kevin home and they repeat the dialogue after the beach event.
Chiron goes in Kevin's home, they talk for a while. Chiron confesses he was only touched by Kevin and no one else. Kevin smiles, we see them cuddling and the movie just ends.
Just like that, the ending was a pointless as the movie.

There was literally no "white guilt" in the film at all. These posts would be like if someone criticised La La Land because "there were too many scenes with space aliens" or some shit.

See

I watched all the nominees, and this one was the best. Barely beats fences

>Where did the gay thing even come from?
gay and black = unbeatable oscarbait

>Niggers got problems

>Movie doesn't blame whitey

>Little nigger gay

>Doesn't break into dance number in second act about loving yourself and being who you are.

Seemed pretty based to me.

this. we should actually praise these types of movies for confining all the niggers and faggots in to one film for our intersectional diversity quotas. they should make more films. maybe if we had more films like this they wouldnt be forcing queer bullshit and token minorities in to everything else.

>hear all about how this is race bait: the movie
>its a gay black love story
8/10

> Give me one good reason why oscar bait got an oscar.