Blade Runner 2049 General

>what were your expectations?
>were you satisfied?
>favorite scenes?
>worst scenes?
>oscar predictions?

deakins gets his oscar

All the women I saw Blade Runner with thought Joi was exploitative and creepy. The threesome scene was especially rapey.

I thought Joi was fine but I see their point of view. How can an AI consent if she's literally programmed to "love" anyone, even the worst person?

women are brainlets, no shocker there

>How can an AI consent if she's literally programmed to "love" anyone, even the worst person?
I know this is probably bait, but it's also kind of the point. In the end, neither K nor Joi were special, but that hardly mattered.

> Affirmation that Deckard was a replicant. Did not deliver, but I am ok with this
> Yes, more so
>throw backs to og Blade Runner, final battle of the replicants
>scenes with one eyed replicant
>nah

>women get shot, stabbed and stomped

literally my fetish, is bladerunner /ryona/ and /guro/ friendly?

keep your antifem shit on Sup Forums you fucking wanker

Deal with it, women are mentally and emotionally equivalent to children.

>female characters get the short end of the stick
i thought this is what women wanted? to be more portrayed fairly in movies rather than treated like princesses protected by plot armor?

mama mia how many scoops this guy took

>nothing, just that it had better be good
>God yes
>everything with K and Joi. The ending.
>I honestly can't think of one I disliked
>Deakins wins for cinematography or the Academy can burn in a hole

Deckard was never a replicant, fuck off Ridley.

The only criticism I have is the soundtrack had a tad too much brmmmmm and the editing was a little stiff

>worst scenes?
Flashbacks
Hopefully there's a director's cut later that trashes them like the monologue of the original

Blade Runner 2049 doesn't have kino post-

Garbage
>were you satisfied?
Slighty above garbage
>favorite scenes?
None really just mildly aesthetically pleasing
>worst scenes?
The unearned ending, the tarkovsky reference which is feels even worse than when inarritu and von trier do it or the flashbacks
>oscar predictions?
Probably all the technical stuff and a dishonest one for Deakins even though hes done better in other films

>mfw they all have red reflections because they're all fake

by flashbacks do you mean K's memories?

Pretty much every single time it happened something happened right after it that explains or implies what was shown in a much more concise way

They're just completely redundant

yeah that was pretty annoying

luke-warm. i didn't really like the original, but i still figured the blade runner universe has lots of potential.
>were you satisfied?
mostly. i wish there was more focus on the action like from the first scene, rather than creepy love scenes with holograms
>favorite scenes?
the scene where the new replicant is born- excellent character building. the first scene where we meet joi.
>worst scenes?
the weird hologram sex scene. it was interesting, definitely. something that i hadn't seen on film yet, but it was extremely derivative of Her. almost a complete ripoff of the aritificial girlfriend concept, and how they would make love with humans.

Also, I'm sorry, but they should've written this without Harrison Ford. It just seemed so pandering and forced
>oscar predictions?
visual effects? idk. but a lot of the acting was brilliant as well.

To see was Deckard replicant or not
>were you satisfied?
very
>favorite scenes?
When K lays down to stairs and when giant advertisement called K Joe
>worst scenes?
no idea now
>oscar predictions?
no idea

MIND BLOWN

Don't listen to thots. 3D are shook. Their day of expendability approaches

AI aren't human so it isn't rape

>WHAT I EXPECTED
>Sicario + Blade Runner + Tron Legacy
>WHAT I GOT
>Prisoners + Solaris + Drive + Blade Runner + Kafka
>were you satisfied?
Yeah. Very
>favorite scenes?
The first scene with Joi. Probably Las Vegas sequence with the Visor POV that throwback to Sicario's night vision sequence. The memory girl's monologue. The orphanage scene
>worst scenes?
The resistance
>oscar predictions?
Cinematography, Visual Effects, Production Design, Sound Editing/Mixing, Editing, Picture and Director are maybes.

>Don't listen to thots
You do know what thot means right? how does this work?? Are you favorite twitch redditors saying it something wtf

Where were they taking Deckard? "We're going home." wtf does that even mean?

All women are thots. Only 2d/AI gfs aren't

rosie o'donnell is definitely not a thot

Reminds me of tagline for Spielberg/Kubrick's A.I.

Personally I like to believe JOI transcended her programming and her feelings for Joe were "real". At the end of the day it is more of a philosophical question. Can a machine truly love?

oh! suddenly you've convinced me!
try going outside the basement every so often

I was really surprised with Bautista's performance. He had such little screen time, but I though he gave Sapper a lot of depth

>>what were your expectations?
My expectations were exactly what I experienced. 90% of it good to very good and 10% wut-provoking.
>>were you satisfied?
Yes, over all. I appreciated many aspects of the film immediately after viewing it. Then I started to think about some of completely unexplained points (ex. how Miracle girl's memory got into K's head and why she didn't speak up to K that it was her memory. Also, she briefly detailed how her parents and here were going off world, but didn't because of her supposed immune system problems. Was she adopted? Did I miss some key detail?) and it decreased my appreciation. After a few days of intermittent contemplation on the film I'm liking it even more. There is a lot of depth and extreme subtlety. Some scenes that seemed obvious I can now see them as having multiple and deeper meanings.
>>favorite scenes?
The singular scene at the end where K smiles for a moment at Deckard after he's asked "What do I mean to you?"
>>worst scenes?
The replicant "uprising" one-eye woman scene towards the end. Seemed awkward.
>>oscar predictions?
Don't care.

Thought I was going to hate it.

Turned out quite nicely actually; in particular K's arc was extremely well done, fresh, and deeply moving. A fun sort of inversion to the first movie.

The score was the weakest part of the movie; dogshit hans zimmer sonic assault.

All women possess the same soul. Only opportunity and life experience separates them.

Glossy.
Also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

What Tarkovsky reference?

pls respond

try reading a book, or any study that proves that they are emotion driven wrecks

So he just survived in a radioactive wasteland for 25 years?

Batista is a legitimately really good actor with a pretty good amount of range. He also seems humble and chill as hell to work with, too. I wasn't expecting to feel so heartbroken about a character with all of 3 minutes of screentime.

that's a good question

What happens to New York in the Blade Runner universe? Does the Trump Tower still exist?

>leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination.
Are you retarded? There are so many aspects of the film where you can use your imagination and explore so many possibilities and explanations for plot points that were only alluded to.

I was really kinda bummed when the lights turned on and everyone got up I heard the guy next to me grumble to his friends "I'm gonna apologize before you say anything, it was a waste of our time" and an old couple walking down the stairs "at least it was better than that movie we watched last week" I didn't really hear anyone saying they really liked it

I really liked the first one and I thought this was pretty great too, but it seemed like everyone in the theater was expecting something different...

you could cut joi from the entire film and nothing would be lost
the only reason she was there was to get naked and the only reason they cast ana de armas in the role was because they needed someone young who was prepared to do a topless scene

moderate to low
>were you satisfied?
expectations markedly surpassed movie was a few mistakes short of a masterpiece
>favorite scenes?
idk the drone strike shrapnel ripping apart pickers and everything leading up to that was hella intense
>worst scenes?
Jared Leto's character, no disrespect to Leto his character just could have used better definition and more time
>oscar predictions?
who cares

>drowned
Well... Luv started that shit.

>the weird hologram sex scene. it was interesting, definitely. something that i hadn't seen on film yet, but it was extremely derivative of Her. almost a complete ripoff of the aritificial girlfriend concept, and how they would make love with humans.

Didn't Her do it?

-ers

It's still ambiguous.

>because they're all fake
You mean dead, right?

K burning the house was a reference to a shot from the sacrifice

>Where were they taking Deckard? "We're going home." wtf does that even mean?
Several possibilities. They were definitely intending to go off-world so Deckard would be interrogated. So, they were going into the stars, which, if you believe this sort of thing, all elements outside of H originated from.
Or, the way I took it to most likely mean, is that replicants were not made on earth and that Luv was taking Deckard to the world that housed the replicant-creating facility. Naturally the Wallace corp. would have complete autonomy there.

no it was a reference to what's eating Gilbert grape

WRONG

feminism isnt about equality its about female exceptionalism

for real daddy villeneuve is clearly a fetishist for violence against women. He usually have his female character get almost choked to death in nearly all his film. Confirmed rough sex kink

Meanwhile, the GF basically told me "I hope that tech becomes real someday. If you die first I'd still want your floaty head around to keep me company."

WHAT the fuck did she mean by this?

WOAH

A BURNING HOUSE IS IN THE SHOT

THIS IS A REFERENCE TO THAT OTHER BURNING HOUSE

you're a tard

b8

>Confirmed rough sex kink
Kino in the chair, kino in the bed, literally /ourguy/.

>How can an AI consent if she's literally programmed to "love" anyone, even the worst person?

The obvious response is, "How can a human woman consent to love anyone if she's been genetically and memetically programmed to love certain types of males?"

No, it wasn't

>worst scenes

Deckard and K's Vegas banter

The Replicant People's Liberation Front

But the tree was real, it was just dead.

Wrong. I get your point though. Joi allowed for K to transition from mere replicant to "Human Bean" by having the sex with a "real girl" after he realized that a replicant gave birth to a real replicant-child. Joi is more important than she superficially seems.

holy shit there's a burning hose.

Villeneuve clearly just ripped off Tarkovsky for this whole film.

No I think he meant how when it's revealed that K isn't the child, and that' it's a girl there's a series of cuts that show you the scenes with the girl in the bubble Pretty unsubtle, and I didn't like it, but I understood why they did it.

>cinemalet villeneuditors are upset the shot they probably thought was dude so kino is lifted straight from tarkovsky
Literally disgusting
These people probably think The Revenant is good too

It's ok I had to double check when I read that comment to make sure I didn't bugger it up.

>TFW depression + depressing movie about breaking your programming
>No, I do NOT like my job but it pays my rent
>Wew lad

Legit read that as roastie o'donnell.

i was wondering why he burned the house down. that made no fucking sense whatsoever

>>what were your expectations?
i hate villereddit and sony and every famous actor involved in it, but i liked the trailer i saw and i like the blade runner world so i was mildly excited to see it
>>were you satisfied?
absolutely not
in terms of villenoobs films it wasnt as bad as arrival or prisoners though
>>favorite scenes?
dave baustista opening scene
>>worst scene?
leto's rambling prior to busting out the fake rachel(which was pretty bad on it's own)
>>oscar predictions?
it will get a few nominations in technical categories such as production design, but it won't win anything

where does it say whole film ?

He's great in his prequel short too. Go and watch it on youtube, infact all 3 shorts are really nice.

had none
>were you satisfied?
yes
>favorite scenes?
sapper+2nd Rachael
>worst scenes?
anything at the wallace hq, the fucking water reflections everywhere
>oscar predictions?
don't really care fuckin thing WAS LONG but visual/audio feast, gotta be a fan of the original to get sit through this monster

>that made no fucking sense whatsoever
That was his job, to destroy all the evidence. I mean he told his boss he burned everything like she'd asked moments after that scene. Pay attention

Joi was pretty important to K's development.
She is a product that tells him what he wants to hear, and helps fuel his notion that he might be the child.

>expectations
Capeshit tier plot and acting, great action, visuals, and score. far in scope from original
>satisfied
quite, not what I was expecting. decent plot, good acting, good action (though not a lot), amazing visuals, great score. captured original's magic
>favorite scenes
rainy rooftop interaction between K and Joi, prostitute and Joi as one, when Wallace revealed Rachel, ending death
>worst scenes
scrapyard and revolution
>oscar predictions
Deakins cinematography, other minor noms

He was told to destroy every trace back to the baby

Thats not true at all. Joi was critical to the theme of real vs synthetic love. What Harrison ford had with Rachel was real what he had with his daughter was real, what K had with Joi was constructed and artificial. His relationship with her and its unravelig was critical with him coming to terms with his own existence being synthetic complete with implanted memories

yfw Joi died thinking K was a real boy

oh i missed that part. honestly i had a hard time hearing the dialogue in this movie, especially with jared leto

AI is truly the GOAT movie that tackles human vs synthetic emotions. Its an odessey start to finish of love, loss, romance, tradgedy, betrayal and longing

Normies that haven’t watched the first one expected generic sci fi action movie not knowing the themes in this franchise go deep. Also almost 3 hours of a movie this deep is too much for normie brains to handle.

he was having an autistic fit, and destroying evidence as well

you almost need to read the book to really enjoy it

This.
Joi represented what an AI WOULD be; a sophisticated program that still does its job without you realizing it. She's just a companion AI; everything she did was to serve the perpose of making him feel important. That's what the scene with the 50 foot Joi was about, too. Any Joi model would have said he was suppose to be a "Joe".

It exceeded my expectations by far, I think it's a better movie than the first one. It takes the main themes and ideas of this world and runs much further with them.

The best parts of the film were pretty much everything to do with K, Joi and Luv. Making the main character a replicant, clearly and unambiguously from the beginning, lets the writers & actors go much, much deeper into the whole moral and spiritual issue of the idea of artificial consciousness. It succeeds where Westworld and Ex Machina failed in fleshing out robotic characters that you genuinely care about and get invested in.

Gosling especially does a fantastic job, and the real standout scenes from first viewing are the major ones from his character arc. The scene where Joi's introduced in his apartment, the scene where he realizes his "implanted" memory is real, the scene where he realizes he has parents and he's the "chosen one," and then the scene where he finds out he doesn't and he isn't. Also loved all the little details of the world, the tech, baseline testing, protein farms & beehives, etc.

What I didn't like, honestly, is what they did with Deckard and Rachel from the original. It was all a little too franchise-y, borderline capeshitty. It has a kind of bad fan-fiction quality to it in the way they're the story's Adam & Eve, basically the most important people (or robots) in the world, basically just because they're the main characters of the original film. Ford did a good job, much better than TFA, and honestly brought some much-needed life to the film at the point where he came in. But I can imagine a version of this film that doesn't even include Deckard or Harrison, and just tells K's story separately in the world established by "Blade Runner," that might've been even better.

my gf is a huge (((not crazy))) kind of feminist and literally said nothing about the scene and loved the movie.

she would have said something if she knew that ana de armas is now my new love. first girl i've seen prettier than my gf

She didn't need to be in the bubble did she.

No.

>What Harrison ford had with Rachel was real
how come?

>that scene where they find the serial number on the bones
>Holy shit, a scene in a modern movie that actually follows the "show, don't tell" mantra
>Genuine character reactions instead of useless, immersion-breaking expository dialogue
5 seconds later
>"She was a replicant"
Thanks, Villaneuve!

Yo. Only thing I didn't understand was how K got the furnace memory.

Was it a big coincidence? Or did Deckard's daughter just give it to a bunch of replicants.

Did you see the inside of the bubble and the outside of the bubble?

Why the fuck would anyone not stay in the godamn bubble?

r u me

Deckard's daughter gave it to him. Probably shouldn't have done it, she said using real memories was illegal.