I just finished watching this. Why didn't people like it? It's honestly the best Spider-man film yet...

I just finished watching this. Why didn't people like it? It's honestly the best Spider-man film yet. High school Spider-man is best Spidey

I'm going to hijack this for a moment since it's Marvel related.

Last night I asked an user for advice. I watched Scarlett Johansson's complete filmography this past week and left the capeshit for last. I've never watched superhero movies before today. The user gave me an order of films to watch
>iron man $
>iron man 2 $
>The Avengers $
>Winter Soldier $
>Age of Ultron $
>Civil War $

I'm on Winter Soldier so far.
And I have to say fuck you Sup Forums. Fuck you so much. I've been part of the capeshit-hate meme for a while, but you guys are wrong.

There may not be underlying motifs and deeper meaning to these films that need to be analyzed, but they're damn fun to watch. I hate that I jumped on the cape-hate bandwagon and never had formed my own opinion.

Haven't seen spider-man films yet, but you bet your ass I will now. Fuck you all.

I remember dialogue from Raimi's trilogy. I remember at the least specific scenes from the awful TASM movies.

I don't remember a single goddamn thing about Homecoming and I saw it in the theater.

To see Homecoming, do I need to watch all the previous Spider-man films to understand what's going on, or is it a stand-alone?

It's stand alone

Well it does tie into the MCU

I dunno, spider man has always been a young larrikin type to me.

The first 3 movies with that retard and his downie girlfriend were utterly fucking unbearable, taking themselves far too seriously.

Whereas this one was just classic silly fun with a sound little moral well delivered.

I'm the guy who's new to cape. Ive been reading the wikis, and Iron Man is in Homecoming as far as I know. After I finish Civil War, I'm probably going to continue Iron Man and finish the trilogy (even though scarjo isn't in it, gross)

Are there any other cape movies I should see before I see Homecoming?

OP, it is the best Spider-man film because it NAILS both Peter and Spidey. But puritans can't get over May not being 70 and no Uncle Ben dying. Fucking morons can't appreciate a great Spider-man movie when they see it!!!FACT!!!

It felt like a primo John Hughes 80's flick!!!FACT!!!

Basically everything, the Homecoming villain is created due to events in avengers, that alone should tell you that you have a ton of cape to watch.

>Why didn't people like it?
They did, it was borderline John Hughes. It's just contrarian Sup Forums that had a problem with a certain cast and their certain skin color.

Fuck this is overwhelming. I was going to try to watch Deadpool and the Guardians of the Galaxy films next.

Some other advice I need.... what do I need to watch in the DC universe meanwhile/before I watch certain Marvel movies? Or does it not matter?

The only Marvel movies worth watching are
Iron Man 1
Cap America
Avengers 1(this one only if you want to keep up with the overall story)
Antman
Civil War
Deadpool
Guardians 1

the others are either bad or skipable

i didnt like it. they didnt even exploited the characters.

Ant-man, really? I went through a wikipedia wormhole today and ended up reading about Ant-man. I had heard of the film the past couple years, but it never actually struck me that he was a superhero, I had never heard of him as a kid. It surprises me that a superhero like that would have it's own big-time marvel flick.

I had never heard of him and to be honest I'm not that big of a superhero movie fan. I liked AntMan a lot largely because it breaks the Marvel formula and its so unlike the rest. The movie has a character with a silly superpower, the stakes are low and is basically a heist film.

Found the Hillary cuck

See.
People like this fag immediately has to turn it into politics.

>sonys 90000'th remake of spidy origin story
>CHECK IT OUT PETER IM A NIGGER, IM NIGGER MARY

>Origin story
You could have at least done a bit of research if you're going to bait.

this is why i didn't like it
- flash
- peter had too many friends. he's supposed to be a nerd/loner.
- aunt may being young and hot is only so that people can make "I WANNA FUCK YOUR AUNT" jokes. nothing more.
- peter's supposed to have a genius iq and he has to beg his friend to hack the suit for him. he should be able to do it himself. he was dumbed down.
- the suit did all the smart shit. peter figured out nothing in the fights. peter's greatest strength is his intellect. not his suit telling him weak points of a structure.
- the suit was an afterthought because they didn't want peter talking to himself the whole time, and it showed
- was there any "parker luck" involved in this movie? because i don't remember any. maybe the twist counts for that. idk.
- spider-man steals a car and is extremely nonchalant about it. whoops lol i stole a car. that's not power and responsibility. that's a fucking shoehorned audi advertisement because there's no other way a poor kid like peter parker's going to be able to drive a car in a movie.
- there was no emotional connection or great danger felt at any time from me, personally. not sure about anyone else but the whole thing felt like nothing mattered.
- the score was garbage. raimi's films have such great themes musically, (sure even nutty nutmeg fantasy) and then we get generic AY OH LETS GO jimmy neutron garbage for this.

thanks for posting cause i had to vent

Notice how Sup Forums is silent on Marvel's 6th obvious shilling thread today
It's confirmed, this board is shill-central

>he fell for internet memes

KEK
I bet you base your politics on that retarded Sup Forums shit too?

HAHAHAH YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD

Very cool. Good blurb/synopsis as well, good job user.

I'm glad there's an actual non-ironic cape community here while I delve into this underworld. I've spent the year fucking my brain over with Criterion collection and 60s and 70s Italian films, just to be able to contribute more to actual Sup Forums discussion...(which didn't work, by the way. i came out more retarded than i went in) I'm glad to try out super hero flicks. They're formulaic, action-packed, yet comfy since they're so familar.

Only shilling I do is shilling my cock for Marisa Tomei. I want her to be my auntfu

Fuck you. You know how many movies there are?

You're all talk. I actually fucking take time to watch them all.

wait is this the real poster? is 9/11 part of the story?

Literally all you need to know about Spider Man Homecoming is that Spider Man got his new suit and friendship with Tony Stark when Stark contracted him to help him take down Captain America who went rogue during Civil War. The Vulture and his alien technology come from the events of The Avengers, wherein a bunch of extradimensional aliens attack NYC and a bunch of alien debris is left over after the fight. That's really all you need to know. The rest of the story is pretty self-contained, moreso than most current Marvel movies.

Perfect, thanks user. Should I watch Homecoming right after Civil War (since it's the last in the scarjo series that I'm finishing) or should I watch Iron Man 3 before Homecoming.. or after?

the fuck you smoking nigga?
winter soldier is better than both cap 1 and civil war
also deadpool is not mcu

...? just googled it. Deadpool is Marvel, so MCU?

Iron man 3 is irrelevant, watch civil war then spiderman

Deadpool is owned by 20century fox like the x-men

>they're damn fun to watch.

you are a turbo-pleb with shit taste and should kill yourself immediately. movies shouldn't be "fun" to watch. BvS is the greatest capekino ever made and it's not fun to watch at all!

>BvS wasn't fun to watch because it didn't make unfunny jokes every second
BvS was unironically one of the greatest experiences i've had in a theater

>watching movies designed for babies is overwhelming

Please don't confuse those on Sup Forums as people.

>There may not be underlying motifs and deeper meaning to these films that need to be analyzed, but they're damn fun to watch. I hate that I jumped on the cape-hate bandwagon and never had formed my own opinion.

don't watch Age of Ultron it's trash, Winter Soldier is easily the peak

jesus fuck this pic is trippy

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 1 and 2 are probably the best Marvel-related movies out there. I consider them to be Marvel's Batman Begins and Dark Knight.

You're not even trying.

I completely agree with you. Sup Forums seriously became so retarded lately. I think this is because Sup Forums imploded and people who came from reddit jumped to this board, and they think Sup Forums is all about being contrarian "epic troll bruh ehihi xD" so they dont know shit. Look at the fucking BvS appreciation threads, its seriously the only place in the world where people like that piece of shit trainwreck movie. Homecoming may be the best spider man movie ever, it is the best spidey and parker BY FAR and i cannot understand why can someone reasonable suck Raimi's dick so much and actually think tobey was a good spidey/parker.

Like what the fuck, Sup Forums? They made spider man shitting webs from his wrists, they made a nerdy but genius and cool guy into a complete baww loser, it was trying to be a drama movie when its fucking spider man. Do you retards even remember how fucking shit spider man 3 was?

This contrarian meme needs to stop now its enough. You guys are embarassing yourselves with this, if you're over the age of 10 this really isnt funny anymore.

With all these being said i'm glad people are speaking up to this degenerate shit you guys are collectively pulling, with both BvS and homecoming. Fuck you, Sup Forums. Fuck you worthless pleb shits.

Spider-man 1(and the subsequent) or straight to Homecoming?
Yes. How strange do you want do go? Be careful