Can we please have a discussion about American Psycho without it devolving into a dubs thread?

Can we please have a discussion about American Psycho without it devolving into a dubs thread?

Was it all real or did he imagine it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQzDeEtbvME&t=28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I get dubs it was all in his head

NO

how would this movie play out in the digital age?

It's one of those movies that couldn't be made in 2017. The story would be completely lost.

These threads are always comfy

check em

CAN

agreed, they need to wait until 2022 at least

how about THESE

Off by one but still witnessed.

dubs

Oh shit

is this a failure or not? i'm saying yes

Paul Allen isn't a real person, just an identity of yuppie superiority that Bateman and friends aspire to

Just like Bateman goes by Marcus Halberstram after "Paul" mistakes him for Marcus, Paul himself is not actually Paul. Bateman's lawyer at the end of the movie reveals there's no way he could have killed Paul Allen, as the lawyer just had lunch with him.

The theme is that they're all putting on false pretenses of superiority and bullshitting each other in a constant struggle of masking internal hollowness with external dominance. "Paul Allen" is that dominance.

CHECKED

no dubs?

But who had the best card?

nigger dubz

These dubs

The greatest failure possible. Because if he didn't call it, it would've been impressive

Bofa Deez

Dubs

HERE WE GO BOYS

Very nice

>DUDE PLS DON'T DUBS
>Doesn't turn off dubs for his thread
You wanted this OP. Check 'em btw

Can we please have a discussion about these digits without it devolving into an American psycho thread?

Are they real or did i imagine it?

Van Patten

>Was it all real or did he imagine it?

YES

The theme was that he was disconnected socially. That society told him he was rich and important and all the people he mixed with were also rich and important. But if that was the case, why could he go around murdering people at random and nobody cared? Even the lady renting out the apartment spotted him for a murderer, but thought it better just to move him along, less legal/financial problems that way.

The theme of the movie, as with the book, was that the yuppie culture was the ultimate expression of psychopathic behaviour- attractive on the surface, but ultimately void of deeper meaning and unable to reach catharsis as a result.

Much like someone who never gets dubs in a bate thread.

Bateman > all

only patricians like myself get quads, since I read the book

You clearly SparkNotes'd it

why do i never get repeating digits

check'em

Check em

Impressive. Very nice.

Allen > Bateman > Carruthers > Bryce

Carruthers' font is horrible but Bryce's looks like a student's bare minimum effort homework project version of a business card

You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death and then play around with your blood.

Van Patten's is the ultimate business card pleb filter - and you just failed

kill me, pete

wrong, watch the scene again
youtube.com/watch?v=hQzDeEtbvME&t=28s

DO

Bateman totally did all that shit

Davis, however, only did a little bit of it

That wasn't on the grid

Van Patten's is better than Bateman's but Allen's really is the best

Dubs and I kill Sup Forums

lets see Willem Dafoe's dick

>asks for a non dubs thread.

>everyone gets dubs

Check em

What would Bateman think of dubs?

J-Jim?

Чeк зeм

Why do people always ask this fucking question?

The whole point is that there's no way to know for sure, and either way it doesn't even matter.

How easy is it to get dubs?

Not that hard

Lemme show you

guess not that easy either

hard

Wrong, look

This a nice thread on a nice board.

Why didn't Bateman just give the maitre d head?

Not that hard if you believe in it

For example take a look at my dubs here

stop getting singles

very nice indeed

Impressive. Very nice.

>He Imagined it...

...was dubs.

can you have a discussion about anything on Sup Forums without it devolving? at least dub threads are light hearted and fun compared to every other thread turning into political bullshit

Rate my halloween costume

>Can we please have a discussion about American Psycho
We can't, apparently.

In all seriousness, Louise had the best card.

bet this one is another single as well.

you suck
this is how to do it properly

Can we talk about how weird the food was in this movie? It was shit like
>the special today is frog leg quiche with weasel meat soup

This is how you get dubs?

It's actually a triple whammy of terrifying scum of the earth: serial killer, banker and a person with gauged ears. My apologies if that's just a shadow or unfortunate birthmark.

I have to bring back some video disks

>It ain't dubs starts playing.

No,this is you do it,check em

Reroll

wrong kind of double there friend

He wasn't into that whole Yale thing.

P.s. check these dubs.

What a fag.

Check em

Checked

Make Dubs Great Again

Decent

Trips!

Nice

Imagined, mostly.

The biggest issue with "it was real but he will never be punished" is that the bodies in Paul Allen's apartment disappeared and so did everything else in there.
Nobody listens to his murderous outrages and insults because he never actually says them. They don't even react for the most part.
Bateman is late for everything because his schedule book is full of drawings of murder and rape, not because he commits actual murders.
Paul Allen was Patrick's only victim.
People mistaking Patrick for someone else is actually something that happens to everyone, including Paul Allen. That's why the lawyer mistoke an associate in London for Paul Allen and why Patrick's own friends mistoke another yuppie for Patrick.
The "FEED ME A STRAY CAT" stuff was obviously imagined, but it was so real to Patrick that he confessed all his "sins".

checked

dubs

Epic fail guy

Meeting with Paul Allen is the same as Dorsia reservations

Totally theoretical but this is my take on the bodies in Paul's apartment:
The property managers found the bodies, disposed of them and cleaned up the place so that it wouldn't destroy the value of the property.

Upvote these dubs!