Taste Testing The McDonald's Szechuan Sauce From Rick And Morty

gamespot.com/articles/wubba-lubba-dub-dub/1100-6453868/

>If you're a fan of Rick and Morty you'll be familiar with the unhealthy, mostly unexplained obsession the show's manic super-genius protagonist has with Szechaun Sauce. The limited edition condiment from McDonald's was mentioned in the first episode of season three, and since then has spiraled into somewhat of a cultural phenomenon. In fact, it's reached the point where McDonald's is actually bringing it back, but for a very limited time.

>The sauce will be available today in limited quantities at select restaurants. Given the incredible popularity of Rick and Morty and the fanbase's obsession with the one-off joke, it's going to be tricky to get some of the sauce. Even more so because some of the restaurants that were supposed to have the sauce haven't received shipments.

>Thankfully, McDonald's did us a solid and sent some to our very own Michael Rougeau, who, along with Mat Elfring, Tony Wilson, and Entertainment Tonight's Ash Crossan, put it to the taste test.

Powerful stuff. Thoughts?

I know it's just kids having fun and all, but still, I wish there was a mass shooting yesterday.

I'm going to set aside that disgusting comment and point out that the people in the video look older than the average Sup Forums user/.

Back to "gamespot.com" with you, pathetic clown.

Isn’t it kind of weird that Mcdonald’s is associating itself with a show like Rick and Morty, even if indirectly?

You triggered, snowflake?

Isn't it weird how all these journalists get their own mcnugger sauce pack from Ronald McDonald himself while the common masses have to beat each other for it

That's not a compliment.

Who would call it a compliment? The point is that they're not kids.

You are embarassingly idiotic.

Says the guy who just spelled embarrassingly wrong.

This. Also no more threads on this shit REEEEE

Btfo

Then why are they eating a memesauce shilled on a children's cartoon?

*farts in your mouth*

>Rick and Morty
>children's cartoon

I really enjoy this show. I mean, half the episodes in season 3 were pretty eh, but I watched them, enjoy them, like talking about it with friends who watch. I didn't even know they were doing the sauce thing. I watched a video earlier on some "riots", and all i have to ask is; WTF is happening?

Look at who you are, it's time to stop.

Marketing

Dumb phoneposter

>cartoon
>not for children

Grow up and move out your parents basement

I understand marketing, but this is some next level shit.. Shit I'm not prepared to have on my shoulders as an american image to people from other countries...

people are so empty and devoid of interpersonal connection that something like a tv show fills the vacancy and becomes an identity all its own

t. pleb

You actually know people like this in real life? All my friends are pretty normal people, I honestly thought that shit was people meming/larping trying to have "fun." I don't know anybody that's actually out of their fucking minds that they would lose their shit over a sauce being sold at a McD's.. That shit actually blows my fucking mind.

And the sauce happening is a way to talk and safely be around other people in public. It's kind of interesting from a sociological perspective but it's really sort of shitty too.

are you kidding? what makes you think i would have any friends, im posting on Sup Forums

It really is interesting isnt it. R&m exploded this year, and took the worst, loneliest, cringiest people as a fanbase. So much, that non cringy people like the show are going wtf over all this. I dont know if this was because its a cartoon or because they all want to be rick. But this is just.. This is what's wrong with our society right here. This is the proof that this system is working.

This is actually much bigger than what it seems people. It's sad. We were destined for much greater things and look what we became.

We lost our way the moment a majority of states decided it was a good idea to vote Trump.

Anyone who went through any effort to get this deserves to get shanked over a packet of fast food plum-flavored barbecue sauce. This situation has led me to believe that there just may be something to all that talk about the infantilization of society.

The sauce is seriously nothing that special. Hell, I’m the video where the R&M crew are trying it, their reaction was pretty much unanimously “...ok...”.

>all that talk about the infantilization of society.
What talk? Where are you seeing this?

>spend a few grand for a ten second mention on a popular cartoon show
>completely underestimate the autism of the fans; now infantilised neckbeards are chimping out in McDonalds stores across the nation over some half-forgotten sugarwater condiment

JUST

Simon Pegg is one that immediately comes to mind who was talking about it, but he’s not the only one. There’s quotes pertaining to it posted on here all the time, usually in Star Wars or Capeshit threads.

It's not about the sauce, it's about the event.

It's not about the sauce. It's about sending a message.

30second samefag

That is literally impossible.

>a sauce that's been widely available forever by other manufacturers is suddenly the rage and fought over in tiny plastic cups because it's made by McDonald's and has cartoon characters printed on it
Was Simpsonsmania this bad, too?

so what does it taste like

does it pair well with chicken tenders

No, because McDonald's doesn't sell chicken tenders. They sell chicken "nuggets."

It's strange, you can get szechuan sauce from literally any grocery store in a huge container. What's so special about this?

Um, yes they do now sweety, they have for 2 weeks now.

Ummmm, no they don't, honey.

the sauce is probably laced with estrogen and spermicides

LIKE MY DICK

>I know it's just kids having fun and all
They're not kids, they're fully-grown adults. That's the issue.

What's the issue with that? Explain. What's with you kids judging adults?

>wahh leave me alone to enjoy my cartoon