/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Black and Blue Edition

Previous Thread:
Latest Episode: The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Qdyxwl04kXk

US Viewing: CBS All Access
Outside US: Netflix, Canada there is 2 stations airing the show.
Download: mega.nz/#!BrhgSAqA!A6hERSJLhf2Leb2JlMYxOIHLYQndgqmqv9aocitpMfk

Anyone? Are the writers absolute garbage on this?

This is more like Star Wars than Star Trek. For a generation of wannabe Trekkies with the attention span of a fucking gnat.

Yeah like that star wars movie where Luke learns about a weird alien for 60% of the run time and they talk about mushrooms with a minor action scene at the end

Oh wait no you're retarded.

What is with the 80% female bridge crew?

Yass queen!

Your saying because their being creative its garbage? I mean we have to see where things go, all we have gotten so far in STD is a warmup, nothing is explained very well because they want to slowly trickle it out over time.

Nice way to miss the point. Proving my attention span of a gnat theory.

It's all pew pew, no story. Star Wars is the same, shitty story between fights, the fact it has cult status doesn't mean shit, it is and always has been fucking awful.

Star Trek: Tron Legacy

>This is more like Star Wars than Star Trek.
I gotta disagree the CGI in STD is way better than any past trek series from space battles to how dutch angles are used to really bring in new audiences. Past shows relied on cheap makeup which anyone could make at home but STD relies on CGI meaning noone can do it at home which makes it better.

Creative? Nothing in the last episode was creative? they literally just blew up few ships then left? For an episode dependent on protecting the mines, why the fuck did they just leave? Shit doesn't make any fucking sense, 6 months into the war, and they don't have a fleet to protect probably the most important system other than the motherlands? That's not creative..

dont let the pic in OP fool you, the asian captain is dead because she crossed Michael which is a bad move in any universe since she is the main character of the show. That means only 2 of those are really relevant and another female died today when she stood up to an alien bravely but fell in battle like a hero.

T. Guy not watching the show

>For an episode dependent on protecting the mines, why the fuck did they just leave?
Mines are stupid, why waste federation vessels protecting dumb miners it just doesnt make sense in the future that mining would even be relevant given the ships spore drive and other eco friendly choices which the writers put into the show to send a powerful message to the audience that climate change is real.

Where are the pics of Ripper

It can be best bro Saru time?

fire holograms are pretty creative when every other scifi is sticking with blue

>starfleet runs on these important crystals
>without these crystals, half our forces are dead at sea
>not protecting a system of planets/asteroids/whatever that keeps more than half your fleet from being grounded
Are you even watching the fucking show?

Michael the nigger raised by Spock's dad, mutineer, said she was guilty, a not by the book captain arranged to get her, using spores, alien can sense death, feels it around michael the nigger.

So not only is it 'use the force Saru to sense death, it's shoe horned diversity, literally making a point of noticing it and barely any story between fights and 'action' scenes.

I wanted to like this, but it's fucking awful.

I think blue is more modern which is why the new show is so much more realistic than past shows. Many audiences want something realistic like the walking dead or ya know Dr Who that uses a blue tardis. Blue really is a color that make the show feel alive, look at the older shows that look to colorful and that isnt realistic considering how grim and dark the real future is.

>>not protecting a system of planets/asteroids/whatever that keeps more than half your fleet from being grounded
They have spore drives. As the writers said everything you thought you knew about trek is wrong and their proving it by rewriting everything to make it better because its a new show and people want something good to watch since its a scifi show.

Keep in mind Michael can communicate with Sarek over vast distances through a hyper mind link, something never before known about vulcans. While Sarek does say this tires him, notice that is has no effect on Michael is so strong due to being raised by vulcans since she is spocks sister.

Itt: salty shitposters

>the nigger
Somehow I get the feeling that you were never willing to watch this show with an open mind and give it a fair chance.

std staff do not know the difference between star trek and lord of the rings. because they've only worked on girl dramas before joining std.

>writes basically said fuck you
wtf is this timeline..
You ever have the feeling you're in the wrong timeline? Like this is a scifi version of some important shit we don't know about, because it's happened and now everything is fucked up?

they shit all over Sarek for no fucking reason, why do that? We know about him, not like they made him up for fuck sake.

So you think a mine is more important than taking on the war of the Klingons which is just starting and preparing for that war?

Winning the war is always more important than winning the battle and Michael started the war on purpose because klingons are the bad guys, hate to sound cliche but wanted to spell it out easily what the writers seem to have taken 3 episodes to say.

>something never before known about vulcans.
It's established in Enterprise, you silly casual.

"Klingons ambushed the blocade that was protecting the colony." 15:45 into the episode

Moron.

Clutch at whatever straw you want, I went in excited and hoping to love it, and came away bored, annoyed and resentful to what they have done to Star Trek

well that makes sense STD is a drama the writers said where we follow the main character as we watch her discover the universe we are all along for he ride as she discovers herself as a woman.

>half your forces can't even engage
>THIS WILL WIN THE WAR!
Brah, if you're gonna troll, at least make sense..

Real holograms are blue. So yea, that's just added realism.

>You ever have the feeling you're in the wrong timeline?
I thought possibly the point of STD was to unite the timelines not create a new one? STD has the higher ground since its a newer show proving they are on fire!

I didn't think it would be possible to make a worse episode but 4 is just absolute and utter trash. Holy shit...

logic is never important on chick shows. what is important is the drama and the angst.

>It's established in Enterprise, you silly casual.
not really that was through dreams, I get what your saying but its not the same as what we see in STD which could be fueled by either love, or through Michaels inner strength which is more powerful than anyone elses on the show as we have seen.

Great ep, learn about a new alien, challenging preconceived notions, character growth, Stamets not being a dick, and a hopeful ending.

As Star Trek as you could ask for.

We watched the same show, im not disagreeing with you. So you think they should sacrifice themselves over a battle when they already started a war because Michael was told to hate klingons?

It's funny how all these people want to do all their typical Sup Forums memeing/shitposting and then expect to have their opinion taken seriously on Trek of all shows.

It's not like it's even hard to separate it into two different posts around here, so doing both in the same post just shows how dumb they are.

>not really that was through dreams
Neither Trip nor T'Pol were asleep. Please don't backpedal if you're only going to be bullshitting.

The salt in this thread is unreal

Show is ok even with all the forced diversity I feel that if they make Captain whiteguy a interesting/conflicted character instead of a dumb warlover it would help.

Funny I don't see anyone complaining about autism girl

Their not supposed to win that was the point, that was the whole point. I know in trek they always win but they were showing that bigger things are at stake here. STD is like an onion due to how cerebral it is and noone really knows what is going on because the writing takes time to unpack and make sense of which fans are doing all over youtube.

Most in the thread identify with her.

wasnt the ending bleak though?

Fuck I don't give a shit about all this race, sex, gender bullshit. This show just sucks and visually looks like garbage

>if they make Captain whiteguy a interesting/conflicted character instead of a dumb warlover it would help
sorry whiteboy, that cracker is being court martialed by Michael Jackson

>over a battle
If they lose the mine, they lose the war. It's producing 40% of their dilithium.

'Literally plot too smart for Sup Forums.'

Fuck off you god damn shill.

Just so you know, the reason no one has been calling you out is because you're shitposting on a 4rd grade level.

Im not aware of that show since its old meaning noone will watch it since the new trek is redefining the entire universe relegating the older shows to the past which is where their from in the past their old shows. Though i swear someone said in a diff thread it was because they were like dreams, I could be wrong I never saw it, how wrong am I on that?

>forced diversity
I really hate this meme, have none of you ever fucking watched a single interview with Roddenberry before? That's what Trek always has been, Uhura and Sulu were created partly because he didn't feel like he saw enough Blacks/Asians on TV.

No? I thought Georgiou's last words to Michael were a nice sentiment

My question is why did they leave? So the Klingons somehow destroyed the small force protecting the system, why there wasn't reserve forces nearby? fuck that. But why warp into the system, destroy like 5 raiding ships, then fucking leave? There had to have been way more Klingons around. Forces that had to have destroyed the fucking blockade that was suppose to be "protecting" the colony...

>I know we're scrambling to leave but don't forget to bring the telescope so it can be sent by space mail to Michael 6 months from now even though she's right here evacuating with us

kek
I'm salty she's in the show
wouldn't they have a cure for autism by then?
bashir got cured didn't he

You know I personally don't care for this show its too grim dark for me but Ill let others some to their own conclusions.

How can you say STD is garbage compared to shows like Orville?

Lets take a moment and analyze the visual styles of the two shows. Orville is plain and boring and looks cheap, STD costs more money which can be seen in all the on screen visual effects which is what makes it a better show.

Facts dont lie and to say otherwise would be highly illogical.

>I could be wrong I never saw it, how wrong am I on that?
Trip is initially under the impression that his experience is a daydream.

Protip: A daydream is not the same as a dream.

Through illegal Gene therapy that turned him into another kind of autistic

I feel that it was more forboding due to the grim dark atmosphere of the future where hope is lost for most but Michael will light the way pardon the pun.

*tilts camera for no reason*

STD's visuals are just lens flairs and dutch angles

She owns more than one telescope. Do you ever get tired of complaining about shit that's not even an issue?

ELON MUSK

>Hey, I'm gonna be a moron and carry around this centuries old artefact with me wherever I go so it can be lost whenever I need to abandon ship.
or
>Hey, I really like this family artifact so I carry around a replica and keep the original in a safe location so some day I can pass it on.

The first is your retard thinking, the second is what actually makes sense.

>Trip is initially under the impression that his experience is a daydream.
I see where maybe there was a miscommunication, but in essence while not the same thing it seems different than the direct approach used by Sarek to contact michael on a concious level.

Again I didnt see the past shows, but were the subjects fully concious aka aware, and did it tire the vulcan like it does with sarek since Michael is so powerful?

This made me crack the fuck up. Dude hasn't even done anything actually significant yet and he winds up on fucking STD as a reference? Jesus, it's like watching a real life STD develop under a microscope.

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENC XD

>wouldn't they have a cure for autism by then?
This is how I know you never watched any other Star Trek.

>STD's visuals are just lens flairs and dutch angles
so you admit that STD is superior because it can use effects to grip an audience and take the scifi world by storm which is what every critic says. Also dutch angles are only used sometimes, many times the camera may do a full 360 totally throwing people off their chairs to make the tension so high that people are uncomfortable to even watch STD because they cant handle it.

The telescope is the focus of the episode to be honest because noone knows its true purpose which some fans say it can see through time to other dimensions when used properly.

Not even the same image quality, Orshill.

yeah but it made him good autistic
not "i have special needs" autistic, and she ugly af.
they could have cured her, my theory is it's diversity "we must have someone disabled," though frankly starfleet would have regulations, are tards allowed in the military or intelligence forces?

wright brothers to elon to cochrane
so elon invented modern rocketry thats nice to know

its just a replica, even if it was a real artifact their on a space ship making the telescope just trash to be honest because its old.

I never admitted anything you sperg, I just said what I observed about the series.

It's the same telescope with the same worn out marks on it. The telescope stand where we first see it is now empty in this episode. The only thing that makes any sense is that it was taken when the crew abandoned ship.

In Enterprise, mind melds are almost entirely unknown in Vulcan culture, yet Trip and T'Pol are able to have a full conversation across vast light years.

90 years later, the Vulcans have more knowledge about mind melds and thus a bit more control over them.

sorry that looks fake and silly, its too well lit and in no way is depressing or gloomy like the new show which is sort of like the work of Christopher Nolan.

We Dune now.

Not even DS9 is this WAR WAR WAR. What the fuck are they going for with this show?

Are you seriously fucking telling me that the purpose of a replica isn't to copy the entire goddamn thing 100% with all its flaws? Are you telling me they don't have the means to scan the whole thing and print it in minutes just like the uniform at the very beginning of the episode using matter synthesis?

Here is another example of how bad Orville looks because it is so cheap it cant afford the effects used to bring STD to life which is what real audiences want who love scifi. Orville literally looks like a cheap chinese knockoff because they dont spend anywhere near the 8 million per episode that STD does which is why its better.

Are you guys really complaining about a telescope? That's the main complaint you got from the show, 4 episodes in?

selling a war with the north koreans or iran

I even mentioned bashir you fucking mong
I've watched every single trek except for tas and tos. And those people were not part of starfleet because just like any professional agency starfleet has physical and mental standards both of which I'd say she fails since she's a tard and doesn't look fit at all

It's almost like sci fi is speculative and adapts for the current age, old trek would always bring up 20th century folks like all history stopped there except for a few global wars and genocides between our time and federation

Not like any of our names are gonna be in the history books

Then it would make sense then since Michael is spocks sister that she can mind meld across light years since she is the one inventing this for future generations it seems since she is so brave.

you might be retarded if you cant figure it out

So this show has mushroom science, a half blind captain who loves fortune cookies, basically an alien gazelle who eats blueberries, a Navigator from Dune and people are actually bitching about it?

oh, you're being ironic

its less complaining about the telescope and more focusing on the telescope which is really what the whole episode was about secretly since it could be an easter egg that many plebs missed caught up in the action but then it comes back to the telescope you see proving its dominance.

its not ironic Orville is cheap trash compared to STD which spent millions on visual effects which makes STD better than orville, its that simple.

Can you please fuck off with this weak false-flagging shit?

You're mad at STD for something that isn't even STD's fault. Enterprise invented interstellar mind melds, so if you don't like it then go complain about Enterprise.

It's like Picard being bald
He could fix that in minutes probably

She seems good at her job and just fails to socialize so she isn't defective just awkward

No, I get it. But why? Are we really that far removed from the old shows that scientific exploration and a Starfleet that doesn't warmonger is too corny for modern audiences?

And Klingons literally eating humans