JSA Storytime: Captain Atom

Once upon a time, Nate had it all. He was in a good ongoing book with a complex plot and great supporting cast. Then it got cancelled for a shitty event, and EXTREME JUSTICE happened. Finally, he got to beat up Midnighter, but first some real shit had to go down...

it's Jeph Loeb time

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/marvwolfman/status/813918690668380160
comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-justice-league-vs-suicide-squad-/1100-156287/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(as in, we have six issues of plot to set up another mini. hoot hoot!)

>it's Jeph Loeb time
NO DAD NO

oh, right, obligatory meaningful backstory rehash

I think this is pre-dead son, at least?

remember, parallelism makes *anything* deep

this was the first B/S book in a while back in whenever, wasn't it?

I think if you're just doing the obligatory backstory, All-Star Superman shows anything more than a page is excessive.

Welcome back, OP!

Oh right, Lex Luthor was President.

I'm not even gonna say it.

HI user

I promised we'd get to what the fuck happened to Nate before Fall and Rise drops, and I'm not workin' nights for a few days here.

Is McGuinness drawing one issue of that Monsters book, am I right?

Also what have I missed, I haven't read shit in weeks

This angle really does make it look like Superman has some amazing tits

No way, Dr. Evil was my favorite professor

Well, glad you're around as long as you're alright to be. Seems like a super quiet thread though.

I haven't read much myself. New Super-Man keeps on being nice, there was a great Green Arrow page on the last Cave Carson. She-Hulk's HULK looks decent.

There was a rumor Bendis will be on Thunderbolts.

BM/SS is good Loeb IIRC

>Bendis will be on Thunderbolts
what the FUCK

Well, I just dropped in, so I expected it to be quiet. But I'm committing to running all the stories we need to read, so I'll be here regularly with advance notification if I gotta be gone and shit.

Hi OP I missed you! Did you have a nice holiday?

>There was a rumor Bendis will be on Thunderbolts.
please no

"Bendis writes the Thunderbolts" would be, like, the culminating monkey paw of my Year of Comics.

Oh, apparently Jude Terror wrote something really mean about Bendis. My admitted glee at that is balanced by my disdain for JT, but I know I'll click eventually.

It was deeply weird but overall pretty nice. I got booze and fattening chocolate in my stocking.

Does anyone draw a more square-jawed Supes than Ed?

For bonus points, we could still get Bendisbolts featuring Only Bucky!

... although that might be better than him fucking up a less-well known character.

"A gift from the bottom of my kryptonite heart" kinda sounds like an album.

Gosh, I'm not sure what I'd take: Bendisbolts Starring Only Bucky, vs. "Bendis gets to actively poop on the OG Bolts more than he already has Moonstone and Atlas in the past"

kind of emo

I got super behind on comics this year so I've been going through trades of everything I missed. My local library has a really weird selection but it's got a lot of recent trades.

I *did* read the backup in Cave Carson which might be the single greatest page of Green Arrow ever done.

I was thinking like a wholesome Superman Christmas album.

I am so glad that christmas music all the time season is fucking over

I lost the game during *November*, for fuck's sake

I want Scioli back-ups in as many comics as DC can fit them. Or just let him do a whole comic. I'm not even that into Cave Carson the actual story.

King's second Batman arc finished up and it's really just brought home I'm not much of a Batman fan.

NOOOOO, NATE

RUN AWAY

RUN WITH YOUR METALLIC JUNK

twitter.com/marvwolfman/status/813918690668380160

Heh...hehehehe....weeeelll....

Princess Leia is dead :(

Wow, 2003 seems so long ago now.

I cried a little at work

She was only 60! For fuck's sake, 2016.

Right, I'll still mourn Leonard Cohen, but he was old and worn. She had a lot left to do, dammit.

this has been one pigfucker of a year.

I still gotta make the dumpster fire ornament.

>Which comic creator, after appearing on a gay-themed panel at a comic con, was heard being told by another gay comic creator, “you don’t get work from the publisher because they are homophobic, you don’t get work because they don’t like you.”

LOL BC, but I'd *love* to know the answer to that.

>Also what have I missed, I haven't read shit in weeks
Big Two did three Christmas issues.

Power Man and Iron Fist did the best one, and I don't care what anyone says.

desu I want Bendis to write Buckybolts so Bucky fangirls will scream at him and melt down when Bendis inevitably changes something about him, his backstory, or his relationship with Steve

It sounds real shitty but honestly the public reactions to the celebrity deaths wear me down a lot more than the deaths themselves.

Same
Is there a list of people at the gay themed panel?

Celebrity deaths are complicated because we invest so much of ourselves in people we've never met but also in the art they make and that's one of the most personal idiosyncratic relationships.

Me, I still want a dog.

Just think OP, another series where Bendis gets to write Karla Sofen! And we all know his track record for writing women, right?

There is not a large enough walrus emote for the world to understand my sadness at this idea

This Bruce and Clark comeback was done better in the animated movie, Conroy and Newbern really sold that bit

New year, new dog. I mean, don't take that into 2018 but still.

I kind of fucking love Metallo integrating a digger into his arm and just throwing soil on top of the grave then storming off NGL.

I am not the final arbiter of "is there gonna be a new dog", that's the reason there's not already a dog.

I did get to see the doofiest cat ever over the holidays.

Nate's pretty chill watchin' shit blow up.

It's some serious style, for sure.

So, ummm, how are you owls?

I missed you guys. I'm gonna try to be more regular now.

I got a new housecoat over Christmas and the cat I've got is in love with it. If I sit still for a moment it climbs up to go to sleep.

I've had a cold for a few days but alright other than that

I'd say I'm ready for this tire fire of a year to finally be over but I'm a little scared 2017 will be worse, so I don't wanna jinx it

>tfw want to take a nap to get ready for work at 3 AM
>JSAnon's finally back

Who needs sleep, right?

D'awwww.

The doofy cat would immediately try to occupy my uncle's chair as soon as he left it, but half the time he'd miss and slide down the side.

Also, is Clark usually drawn that hairy-chested, damn

2017 will be worse.

go the fuck to sleep, user

thread will be here, sleep is precious and beautiful

I'm waiting to see what celebrities die in January before I judge. 2016 took Bowie and Rickman, how much worse can 2017 start off?

Movie synergy

Errrrrr

I'll rephrase it: 2017 will be worse, but it might be less personal.

I'm expecting a whole lot of misery and awfulness from 2017, but it'd be exceptionally hard for it to hurt me personally more than this past one did.

that's not a challenge, 2017 :(

NO OP HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT SIGIL MAGIC

5 hour energy was made specifically to deal with these kinds of sleep schedules.

Besides, between working two jobs, I sleep during the day now, which has been cutting into storytimes.

I think my sigil scales are fully balanced by the Thunderbolts being a disappointment on every level.

sigil magic gives and sigil magic takes, there must be balance

if you get one nice thing something else you wanted has to turn out terrible, it's how comics works

At least Earth 2 finally got FINAL ISSUEd.

Okay with this page of two supermans fighting screaming "I'M KILLING MYSELF!" I can say Loeb has definite Neal Adams-type appeal.

it got an extra issue, right? what a goddamn cockroach.

Also we all know that Foolkiller is dead, but we're going to enjoy it while it lasts. Even (*)&^-Man.

it got FINAL ISSUE'd twice, even

I'm scared for JSA Rebirth, I don't want E2 anywhere near it

these SFX are great

At his best, McGuinness is very appealingly cartoony

We should read Madge

I have to trust in Geoff for BEST VERSION on the JSA. Have to.

but the future refused to change :(

>sets out to kill them
>"you'll have to figure out how I did this stuff on your own!"

Either he did all of these things intending to lose or he's a complete retard.

OP is, and always will be, a faggot

Where the fuck did you go?

Were you in the thread here for the latest issue?

I want to believe

There are tiny hints about where Johnny Sorrow came from and why Emerald Empress is around in the preview for JL/SS #2 at least comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-justice-league-vs-suicide-squad-/1100-156287/

The second FINAL ISSUE was about worst Dick and ~Batman's legacy~ so even it went out with a whimper lol

They might relaunch it tho just to keep all 10 E2 sated

Mostly getting shit done and spending a lot less time on the internet. full-time job, too.

WE know that this wouldn't actually intimidate Nate.

very post-facto, sadly

oh goodness just look at the time

>full-time job, too.
Is that new? Congrats if so.

Dysart wrote a Demon mini??

I guess it still has a few fans who just don't feel like they get enough Batfam in the main DCU

and the like three Val-Zod fans I guess

it's an upgrade from where I was and thank you, it's a huge relief on a number of fronts

I wonder if DC actually has laws about ownership of a corpse of if the deceased shows up alive one day. Lord knows they need them. Barring that, doesn't it become property of the deceased's family?

hey, it's THE WALL

is Spurrier actually taking Skwad or just co-writing?

cowriting, I think

Dammit, SMOD, you had *one job* this year

Co-writing, but I assume they're setting up for something in the near future.

That's....what would we call that sex position?

Lex rocking some fierce winged eyeliner

Waifu Academy is having an A-Force event

well after the comic was cancelled

whoops

it's like a combination of cowgirl and standing up? consult the flier's manual!

They just gotta find a new female writer and have her write it for 7 issues before replacing her with another new female writer

the angular momentum is pretty interesting

Stan strikes again!

"Astronaut Cowgirl"

PERFECT.