Shit adaptations

>Shit adaptations

More like shitskin amirite

did anyone actually watch it?

I just did and it's fine.

I watched 40 minutes of it, that was all I could stomach.

>huge fan of the books
>watch this shit
it made me want to put a bullet in my head

torrent anywhere?

it isnt fine

Haven’t read the books
Seems ok, currently watching now
Not great but not bad

Well I'm sure that it's impossible for anyone who read the books to like it. But as a standalone little movie it's FINE.

That looks so much like a fake poster made by Sup Forums for the Idris meme. Those fucking puny steampunk tier revolvers, what the fuck.

>jake lifts rolands gun and fires it with complete ease
fucking stupid, they couldn't even get rolands guns right

Aren't they supposed to be made from steel of Excalibur or some shit? They look like toy guns

Yeah I feel like if you never read the books it's just your typical cheesy fun action movie but if you're a fan it's pretty offensive how much they butchered the source material

>Opening scene being anything other than the Man in Black fleeing across the desert and the Gunslinger following.

>First thing Roland does in modern new york is get high on codeine, drink coca cola and yell at whores on a bus

The books were fucking awful, about the same level as a Sonic meets Spongbob crossover fan fiction.

Sup Forums liked it because most people didn't. See

Hey look, it's the Sup Forums thread! As someone who has almost read the books, I found this to be pretty awesome.

How is this a Sup Forums thread?

Yeah, and they're described over and over as being huge and crashing like thunder when fired.

It isn't. Sup Forums is just trying to like something that isn't popular so that they can be contrarians.

How the fuck do you "almost" read a book?

Watched it yesterday.

What can I say...I have read the first 5 books and I know from the trailers it wouldn't be a faithful adaptation, it actually looked like shit.

Actually the movie isn't so bad, but it is so bland, almost nothing is happening, the story turns more around Jake than Rolland and they make it look like those teenagers movies where they go to fantasy worlds (kinda like Narnia or Harry Potter). I guess they thought if they could target that audience the movie would make more money than a real adaptation of the book.

In the end, I already forgot the movie, acting is non-existent, story non-existent, almost no world building, some action sequences that are ok, that's pretty much it. At least it's only a 90 mins movie and not what we're used to nowadays with 2 and a half hours movies.

I think there are like 8 of them maybe he means almost read all of them

He was about to read the books but luckily someone warned him they were garbage. He dodged a bullet.

Like all niggers.

I thought it was a book for teens, it’s not?

Hey I thought the first few books were good. It was only after King got in that accident and started to go full retard that the books started to suffer.

kek

This, all of stephen kings work got fucking awful the second he got sober.

im actually impressed that they cramped a million books into 95 minutes of film and still ended up with so many filler scenes.

Not necessarily, eachs books are different, first one is like a Western with horror, second one it's a big journey in differents time period times in New York with Rolland dying, it's the book where he find his partners, etc.

Books range from science-fiction to romance, action, horror, etc.

First 4 books are really good, though I don't seems to like 5 that much, having a hard time to read it, imo 4 is the best for now, so my standard was higher. Still gonna read the whole series.

Movie should have been the first book, it's 200 pages, perfect for a movie. That or a series...strangely, Mr. Mercedes is doing much better for a small show.

>implying it's not a "shit adaptation" because if black protagonist

Our professor during my first year at university held a lecture about progressive movieadaptations and he mentioned this upcoming adaptation as an example. I was intrigued and started reading but it was a basic power fantasy all-around with some interesting elements so I couldn't pull myself to read all of them

i forgot this even came out
nobody mentioned anymore after about a week

>power fantasy
Are you saying this because they tie a legless black woman to a chair?

>basic power fantasy

I havn't finished it so far but the series just feels "off" compared to the comics, there's no heart to it. Tike if I just told someone the freaky shit that happens in the series, they wouldn't miss much by not actually seeing it.

Jessie is also a human piece of shit so far, just randomly punching people because he is angry.

Really that's like someone just read the comics and only retain all the crazy stuff in it without keeping what made the characters and thus the story interesting in the first place (Jessie refusing to use the word, Cassidy's secret etc..).

Yeah. Roland is supposed to be descended from King Arthur

Roland being black is honestly the least of this movie's problems.

What do you mean problem? I meant that the movie is better with based Idris in the role, which is why some people (alt-right?) call it a shit adaptation.

I've loved Idris ever since The Wire. The Movie was bad regardless of who played Roland. The script was just an absolute mess.

Much like how when you hit on a girl and she starts talking about her past life as a gypsy woman in the 1800s, there is such a thing as an alarm in your head to get the fuck out and it goes the same for adaptations and remakes and whathaveyou. When the biggest promotional stunt you get is blackwashing literally Clint Eastwood the main character, the same alarm starts blaring and you're thinking "man if they changed that, what else did they change" to the point of complete disinterest. It looks like those people were right since they saved themselves a bunch of dollars and more importantly their precious time from watching this complete mess.

I never read the books but the story was very meh. It feels like a generic action movie with a weird genre mesh of medieval fantasy and it trys to ground itself in reality. The script is all over the place and the thing good out of it was a got a blow job from my girl because there was liTterary no on in the theater

>drink coca cola
well this is correct at least

You really should avoid changing a character's race.

>the human race

We are all the same and equal

Then why did people complain about that Hellboy actor being white?

Literally no one did that. Hellboy is red.

>Sorry for the shameless shilling.

Can't wait until Jonah Hill plays Blade in the Netflix adaptation.

Changing Roland's skin color was so unnecessary that it makes fans of the books more pissed, and justly so. There's no story telling benefit to having him as a black man. They should have just stuck with the source material so it would be one less thing the fans would bitch about.

They could have casted Eastwood in his prime and the movie would still be shit.