*steps on your wife*

*steps on your wife*

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4973818/blade-runner-2049-weekend-box-office/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THIS CANNNOT CONTINUE

Why didn't K just buy another Joi?

Honestly haven't reacted that strongly to a character's death in ages. It's just so well done.

He was unemployed.

This scene was nonsensical. She could have used the data stored in there. The memories, etc. It was even set up before in a scene.

that Joi had memories of Joe though

Casual reminder that Love kills Joy

He was too busy dying to go to the shops, and she wouldn't have been the same anyway.

It was sorta the whole point of the scene, his Joi can't be replaced. She's lost forever.

>not having a side-joi for pleasure only who can get killed with no emotional repercussions

i guess replicants aren't as human as they think

why didn't Deckard just take the new Rachel?

It's the same being they know and love

What does this new meme even fucking mean?

How can love kill joy? Why do you memequeens assume its profound?

Joi couldn't touch him without the use of that prostitute tho

love, the emotion, kills joy, the emotion.
falling in love can sap all the joy out of life

This makes no sense in such a world.

They can colonise the galaxy, create AI's that are just like humans, create fucking replicant etc. But these hologram waifus don't come with some kinda synthetic sex-toy like body that they can be projected onto somehow?

BALONEY

>There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal…. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.
C.S. Lewis

THIS was meant for

Sorry he wants the downgraded version

*blocks your waifu*

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

>Manletgains.jpeg

RETIRE THIS

funny how both had replicants who just wants to live.

the world in blade runner is a late capitalist dystopian society, nothing is supposed to make sense.

Joi loves K, which is how she is able to act against her creator, Wallace Corp, by telling K to put her on the portable. While in this vulnerable state, she is destroyed. Love kills Joi.

>She will never sit on your face while getting her nails done and ordering drone strikes and tell you to "do your fucking job" as you gasp for air.

Sad!

Will Blade Runner win the visual effects Oscar? The Joi/prostitute scene was god tier.

No, but probably a movie about a gay black dude will.

Why didn't Deckard just accept the new Rachel?

Because it's only a carbon clone and not the being he fell in love with dummy.

the blurry effect gave me a headache

I probably puke while fucking that thing.

They have the father what other info would they need from Joi?

i think it will. i think it should be in contention for best picture as well (like arrival was).

Why wasn't Joi backed up to the cloud?

I'm not memeing but given the diversity cries this movie got, and the fact that the Oscars are going out of their way to promote more diversity, it doesn't bode well for blade runner.

Arrival had no icon sence
Movie was ugly

It's gonna be an awkward Oscars with that elephant in the room.

How is Meryl Streep going to deliver her big soapbox rant against sexism this year?

i didnt see any diversity cries in the build-up to release, and no reviews are mentioning the lack of diversity. maybe i'm looking in the wrong/right places

I understand that for the main awards like actor/actress/director/film but I don't think it would affect the visual effects category.

What's going on big guy?

You just stepped on my wife

Blade Runner Is The Donald Trump Of Cyberpunk Movies And That's Not Okay, I Can't Even

yeesh...
Couldn't they see that it is a dystopian society, not some utopia where it's diverse and everyone gets along?

>you'll love the new blade runner... unless you're a woman
is this a film that women just CAN'T into?

This is BvS all over again.

Fun trivia: it just looks like a blank screen for three hours to female eyeballs. They used the same filter from Master and Commander

Yes.

>The problem “Blade runner 2049” ran into is clear from opening-weekend data. The audience was overwhelmingly male and over the age of 25.

time.com/4973818/blade-runner-2049-weekend-box-office/

The entire point of putting her in the elevator and deleting her from his apartment was to stop her from being mined for information, having a backup on the cloud would have made the entire thing pointless

>unless you're a woman
>sympathetic villain is female
>most important person in the revolution, the literal chosen one, is female
>leader of the revolution is female
>main character's hard but fair boss is female
>miracle of giving birth is the starting point and main focus of the whole story
>most important character for main character's development is female
>main character (A FUCKING WHITE MALE) discovers he's just a guy who's not important for the main events of the world

I don't fucking get it. And it's not like they're all stereotypes, all these female characters were different from each other and realisitcally written.
Did she not pain attention? Was she mad at Joi, the perfect woman, being an AI Hologram and just gave up after that?
I'm getting legit triggered over this, what the fuck

With genetic enhancing and advanced plastic surgery..

..wouldn't most people look European or Eurasian, through choice?

>Love
>Sympathetic villain
She was a fucking psychopath

It's almost like the point of those articles are to stir up controversy

It's almost like they're written by a vocal minority if people who want to stir shit up

There'd be no men at all, then. Everybody in the world would just be cute anime girls

they're presented with a plethora of strong women characters in this movie. i have to assume women can't understand a female character unless she punches a guy and smirks to the camera. don't even get me started on them being able to understand k. that's master and commander-tier.

its a shame they wrote this character to be a generic OP terminator style henchman and not something more substantial
her crying at the birth set her up to have flaws and depth, but she was just a shallow killing machine with anger issues and a yawn every time she was on the screen
probably my biggest gripe with this film with the stupid shadow dwelling resistance coming in close second

a minority who have positions to spew their bullshit to the masses and thus create a narrative

You kidding her motives were unclear She cried at the "birth" scene meaning replicant life is probably important to her at least on some level, she lied to Wallace about needing to kill Joshi which implies she may be lying about what she planned to do when replicant reproduction was accomplished. Was she a loyal soldier to Wallace or was she planning on betraying him once to goose had laid its last golden egg. "I'm the best one" maybe she had a childlike desire to please her "father" but then why the lie?.

her motivations were vague man i cant pin down exactly what her end goal was

i never even used the word motives
i said she was a dull and shallow character that had as much worth as the chick with spikes for feet in kingsman
just because she cried a couple times doesnt mean that she had any real narrative depth. she was a terminator and a boring one at that
her motives werent vague in the slightest
did you reply to the wrong post?

no i just think you're confusing subtle for non-existent

she was stuck with a boss who owned her and killed her kind as fast as he could make them. She finally sees an out in k, she'd probably dreamed about running off with a runner like Rachael did and he shuts her the fuck down.

I CAN BE YOUR LOVER K! I'M REAL! LOOK *crys single tear* SEE? *stabs your boss*

did i miss a scene, I never saw anything between them other than her using him to find the child

please explain how you can consider any of her traits as subtle
she is the least subtle character in the entire film
thats the point, and thats the problem
theres nothing to her aside from rage and her agenda
shes there purely to serve as a henchman threat and a fight scene finale to allow goose a justified death
what makes you think that she considered K the out?
what would she ever gain from running away with someone she was trying to kill?
the kiss at the end doesnt imply she had feelings for him. she might have been proud of him doing something she couldnt, which was to free her people
she wanted deckard to bring home to achieve reproduction

the kiss is also in the original where Roy kisses Tyrell before killing him.

Something along the lines of:
>"personal questions make a person feel wanted..."
>asks K a personal question
>As always, K stays pure for his waifu

pure fanfic

>people only ask intimate questions when they want the D
**human bean stare**
>how is your work
also
>doesn't kill him but kills his waifu

>her agenda
what is the agenda, the fact she feels the need to lie to Wallace implies that he and her arent 100% on the same page.

i saw that more of Luv needling K about Joi, maybe about how Joi makes K feel loved. That is what they discussed in the hallway outside after all "we hope you're satisfied with our product"

'the' kiss
theres 'a' kiss, yeah
the two arent really linked
you cant even pin down and exact assumption of emotions in roy due to the dialogue changing depending on the cut. father/ fucker

Excuse me, sir, but she's called a "waifu"

to find the child/ to find the key to procreation

It should win for cinematography. Or be a heavy favorite. Can't think of a movie better shot than this one. Just off the top of my head, almost every scene could be a wallpaper.

>yfw Bladerunner 2049 is pure kino and will get snubbed by the SJW awards

Totally. I was kind of in awe at times watching it, thinking about how beautiful EVERY damn shot was. It was just so fucking aesthetic.

yeah but why does she want procreation, she will never have it herself so does she want Wallace to have it or is she using Wallace for her own goals

It amazes me how much this people can miss the point.
Also, visited the website, is clunlky and unprofessional. Why RT is taking in consideration this bitch?

maybe you should ask yourself this and then ask yourself why youre so sure she has an ulterior motive outside of helping wallace

>youre so sure she has an ulterior motive outside of helping wallace

thats the thing, i'm not sure i don't know... and the not knowing is oddly satisfying

She's woman and liberal.

That's 2/2 criteria needed to be counted on RT.

you can get joy out of it if you like
it just makes me dislike the character even more
she ruined the film for me

During their first meeting, after they hear part of the tape where Deckard is testing Rachel, K says that she liked Deckard. Love responds with something about how personal questions make people feel desired, and when she then asks K if he likes being a Blade Runner, he channels his inner autist and tells her goodbye

HOLY SHIT KINO

huh I didnt look at it like that, i thought she was cuntishly needling him about Joi describing a fundamental way that the program gets it's users to care about it

BvS was terrible, though.

Just like you, faggot. What's the problem?

kek hadn't noticed

Did I mishear or was the leader of the resistance at the end named Frieza

Nah

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

literally
>BwOooOOMM, brrrrrrrroooommm
the movie. 2/10

Why didn't he make a second copy of her burned to a CD and then shove the CD up his ass for safe keeping?

>not imagining kaneda and tetsuo speeding about in the sprawl just out of shot every time you hear it
pleb

forgot my pic

>BwOooOOMM, brrrrrrrroooommm>BwOooOOMM, brrrrrrrroooommm>BwOooOOMM, brrrrrrrroooommm

CELLS, INTERLINKED.
Can anyone explain this test to me?

They have to pick out and repeat those words out of all of the other annoying shit going on. The guy speaking fast, the loud ambient noise, the actual nature of the questions themselves without showing any reaction or they die. Probably meaning if they do react they're a danger to whatever mission they are on. So you're either base line or you're dead.

>inb4 WAAAH I WANT Sup Forums TO LEAVE

Neo-Marxism is the WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO CINEMA.

>SONY WINS
>BUT SONY STILL LOSES $$$