Would a nation without money function?

Would a nation without money function?

Imagine going to work, knowing you won't get paid, but you're entitled to "buy" things for free with a certain limit..

For instance..imagine this very simple scenario..

The farmer feeds the blacksmith..which in turns gives tools needed to the farmer. The blacksmith gives tools to the hunter and in turn the hunter gives food to the blacksmith. etc.

You get the point..
Now why wouldn't this work today?

Ignore foreign trade..which is obviously the biggest flaw here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GY4yJoSSMZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I get a yacht in that scenario?

Yes, lets never progress behind 500 AD non-roman technology. Enjoy your cholera.

So....literally barter?
>Money makes bartering easier.

only if you want africa society

This is fucking retarded. Are you high right now?

Why would no money prevent this from happening?

You realize that basically every need would be fulfilled for work-time?

So if a scientist wants to be funded, he has to do some work and is then "paid" in materials, food, housing, etc.

The barter system relys on both parties agreeing to trade.

Money allows for an intermediate if you don't want the specific goods being offered

>Would a nation without money function?
Mercantilism worked just fine for centuries. It's usury that put the Jews in control.

Banking doesn't work in actual barter.

No usury can be done and people are fed at the expense of their work. It's 100% communitarian.

This type of system only works in small communities. In a city of thousands what's stopping nigger mcgee number 73 from walking into Best Buy and going "man I've really put in tough month at the factory. Pack up that 70 inch tv for me would ya" when in fact he probably did not put in any time at the factory.

You would have a work counting thing on you.

It would be some sort of credit...but the nice catch is that it wouldn't be tradeable..just deductible.

Money is fine, it's just universal barter good anyway. It'd make more sense to disallow usury and fiat currency, if you wanted a more "grounded" economy.

>t.16 year old weedman

If I wanted a new car where the fuck am I going to get one? Corporations would cease to exist. Don't come up with bullshit like
>muh self made cars.

even if corporations and manufactures still magically existed they don't want to trade a car with a life time of your shit bakery skills.

You have to work it down to a tee and finger pick every one to have the perfect set of skills and ensure that perfect ratio stays the same and pray that not many people go ill or succumb to greed or start slacking off

the reason this system fails isn't because people wouldn't go to work, but because we are born with an innate sense to horde and deprive rivals of available food and resources.

even if everyone continued to work as normal, the grocery store, walmart, the furniture store, would all have bare shelves in a few days, if not a day.

every person in the slums would go get them a new car, a nice leather sofa/recliner, it'd all collapse in short order. then people would realize very quickly that they didn't have to work.

True communism (which is what you propose) doesn't have money involved as you fantacise. It only works in small groups, like the family unit, and there only because there is "social currency"... chores, distribution of household duties, child rearing, etc.

You're comparing village level communism to mass cities of various regions with millions of people.

A village is a controlled unit, x amount of people, with y amount of jobs.
As long as x+y=100 communism works.
Everyone works together and everyone thrives based off how hard another works. In a lot of cases pure survival is based off how hard everyone works.

The larger the population, the harder control is, to ensure that every single person is working as hard as they can to provide to this 100% efficiency.
Eventually 1% become moochers, eventually 2, 3, eventually a group of people will rule the others and live off their work.
Vice versa a lazy person could easily live off another persons work.
You're assuming we are all perfect humans capable of doing perfect work 24/7.

With robotics is possible. TPP will make this much harder, though

>Be doctor
>Has to spend 7+ years of their life training for this profession
>Working longer hours than anyone else
>Dealing with sick people all day
>Spending life in a hospital (most depressing building ever constructed)
>Gets paid the same as a fucking mail man

No one will ever do difficult or stressful jobs. No one will strive to get promoted or move to a higher position. How could that possibly work? Where's the incentive?

Why don't we all start living in villages with top notch technology then?

No, you'd have more credit.

The main difference is that you can't trade it per se..just deduce it.

So if a Doctor walks in, he has the right to take 5x the amount a regular retard can.

I saw that show!

I want to masturbate right on captain Janeways stronk empowered titties

sounds like a great idea. no numbers but trade items.

Everyone would be stealing from eachother or is it really stealing if you dont buy anything?

why bother?

This would work on a small scale, like a village of 50 people or so, where everyone knows each others and slackers are shamed/killed. On a massive scale this is impossible and you would pretty much have favelas.

what the fuck are you talking about kys fucking scum

There's literally nothing wrong with currency if you get rid of the Jews.

Capitalism is the problem here. We need to break away from the disastrous and unhealthy need for someone to make money off of production. We should begin to approach the economy from a syndicalist/collaborative commons viewpoint.

Because it requires that the person you want to trade with wants your services and/or goods. Say that you're you make clothes, but the hunter who sells meat doesn't want any clothes, so you are unable to provide a form of payment and starve. If you instead used currency, you could pay for the meat, while the hunter maybe goes to the carpenter to buy a quiver with his payment. By having shch a system, trade becomes much more smooth, easier and avalible. It's the reason why we invented currencies in the first place you mongrel.

perhaps we could experiment to find the largest size of a group that could remain stable in a non-currency based version of communism... maybe 15-20 people or 4-5 families. call it a "Pod" or something.

Figure out a way to assemble several of these pods into a homogeneous town that doesn't require it to be self-sustaining (requires imported food/goods), thus can handle specialized skills/professions.

At which point capitalism kicks in, but only at the city/town level for use in trading with other towns (and whatever specialized skills/services they have). Money would exist as a means to import/export goods for that town, but can only be used by the town government. Democratic voting with 1 vote per pod. This would require discussions among several neighboring families, thus cohesion.

i know it'd never work, communism beyond the family unit fails, just some thoughts.

TRIP FAG OUT REEEEEEEEEE

ONLY if you have a monolithic and peaceful couture where everyone considers each other as extended family.

You must have a network of trust.

Multiculturalism destroys trust.

Because everything has an inherent value, so someone with a desirable item can barter more for it.

How on earth do you think capatilism came about?

To keep with the earlier idea, how do you barter for a yacht?
Not exactly barter then, but it is an interesting idea.
So you're suggesting something that keeps track of work you've done. Then the work you've put in is used to "buy" things.
It's has a similar principle to what Hitler had in mind, but there's an important detail you need to iron out.
Does work = results or effort?
Does the grave digger get about the same work points as a CEO for similar hours worked?

youtube.com/watch?v=GY4yJoSSMZM

Well there are villages with computers, but village life doesn't create the environment necessary for the significant technological growth we've had since industrializing.

>So you're suggesting something that keeps track of work you've done. Then the work you've put in is used to "buy" things.

What, like money?

God this thread is retarded.

Germany did before the war

It's called communism and your 5 year economic plans will never work without the market signals prices give you.

>implying that everything is equal in value for bartering
>implying you could give your collection of found shiny rocks to the local physician as a fair exchange for his service because your job is collecting shiny rocks

FUCK FUCK FUCK stupid nonsense like this, you people need to get out of fantasy land and come to reality and accept that you're going to have to do something valid in life to get what you want or be a shitty bottom-feeding dole sucker who complains about only having the base necessities and nothing more.

it would never work because something would eventually become the currency

>Would a nation without money function?
Nah Canada is shit. You guys should start using money instead of leaves.

So, money

>If you help me build my house today I'll give you a cow a week from now
>He helps me build my house
>Inform the natsoc deathsquad that my sneaky neighbor tricked me into usury debt

Bartering would work, but only in an extremely small scale. For example, within a town. Once you get bigger, a trade medium (ie. Money), is needed.

money is supposed to be credit for your services to society, but then bankers came , then inflation, and it fucked it up

Most people would just find the easiest job and slack off most of the time. Its not like it would affect them at all if they got fired.

The problem would be the same as all history.
>Natural disaster
>Village suffers for x amount of years
>Eventually turns to taking over and consuming other villages
>Creates empire made for war
>Increases territory
I appreciate your trying to comprehend this, but user it's beyond us.
You're talking about a Utopian society, while some civilizations can appear as such for a short period of time. Eventually something happens that shifts the power to one group of people above another.
The entire society crumbles.
It's one of the only things that all societies since the dawn of man have in common. Their inevitable fall into history.
Communism assumes a perfect world and perfect people, neither are possible.
Hi /reddit/

This is fucking retarded,
If the the most you can get for your labor is basic material sustenance, the scientist (being a smart guy) will opt to push a broom or tend a cash register (easy work) over doing science ( hard work).

The only reason people are motivated to do great things is in the hopes of great rewards.

How would they decide how many tools are exchanged for how much food if they can not measure it in money ?

You don't get rich doing science you moron. At best you get a decent pay and your name on some scientific discovery.

Scientists may be driven by many things, but I'm pretty sure greed is rarely one of them.