Does this cure your disapointment from 'Pets'?

Does this cure your disapointment from 'Pets'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is their deal with feet too small to support a character's weight?

I want the shills to leave

Post Ash

.t zootopian

Bruh...
Why?

I didn't even hear about it until a week ago. Someone pointed it out in a Boss Baby thread that these were the parody shortcuts to making fun of a movie.
>What if a baby was in charge?
>What if animals were humans?
>What if your pets had different lives?
What the hell were people thinking? Is this a cycle? Did we come full circle?

Is this movie actually bad or do the trailers just make it look bad?

The trailers are meh, but the movie itself is, honestly, quite fun.

>What if your toys could talk?
>What if your toaster could talk?
>What if cars could talk?
Did we come full circle?

Yes to both.

You didn't want to see rabbits shaking their butts?

That's what the entire movie is, right?
Those are the main characters and they shake their butts, correct?

R-right?

t. person with taste

Go suck Disney's Dick somewhere else.

who the fuck got their hopes up high enough for Secret life of Pets to be 'disappointing' like how did nobody see this happening

No, theres a bunch of other animals they have embarassingly singing 20 year old pop songs and smugly raising an eyebrow

What the fresh hell is this and why would anyone care. I think if I had a choice between watching this and the emoji movie, I'd jump off a building.

No I'm going to suck it right here and right now as loud as I can

>actually defending Illumination
with their money they will just make more Minion movies

I was given a copy of Pets for Christmas despite never asking for it and we watched it as a family. Was decent. Wouldn't have bought it for myself but it's not bad enough to toss in the shredder.

not defending anything, just sick of "how cool zootopia is"

It looks like garbage, im not getting on a 30 meter radius close to it.

Because it actually HAS some quality in comparison to the shit that illumination vomits

Its actually bad, dont worry, it will make a few hundred millions and later be forgotteb

That 1 1/2 inch dick can't satisfy her.

>What if Toys had feelings?
>What if Monsters had feelings?
>What if Bugs had feelings?
>What if Cars had feelings?
>What if Irish Women had feelings?
>What if Feelings had Feelings?
>What if sequels had feelings?

>Pixar

>What if ogres had feelings
>What if zoo animals had feelings
>What if bees had feelings
>What if pandas had feelings
>What if dragons had feelings
>What if snails had feelings

>Dreamworks

not sure why you brought it up here, but we're living in sad times for animation, Disney sucking talent out of everyone while others struggling to survive.

At least the movie makes this more relevant...

Actually yes

I watched it the other night with my girlfriend. It was her birthday/Xmas so I let her pick the movie (we usually take turns).

I was pleasantly surprised. I was worried the characters wouldn't get fleshed out enough in 2 hours but every character arc is well paced and well written for the time they're given

The gorilla was easily the best character

I wish they wrote their own songs for the movie.

The big 2 must be stopped.

>what if forgotten toys from the 80's had feelings
updated just for you

I was honestly surprised the koala was such a dick.

Like, I'd always wondered what it would be like to watch that earlier draft of Toy Story where Woody is a much bigger jerk but he's still the main character so the audience is supposed to sympathize with him anyway, and now I think I have a much better idea of it.

Buster the koala is a bum, a con artist, and a thief who isn't even that charming. He's got the optimistic "believe in yourself" thing down, but oddly also has little to no consideration or empathy for any of the people around him. He's obsessed with his own personal success and a single material object and never really learns his lesson. He loses everything only to have it handed right back to him because he continues to do what he's always done, which is just believe in himself some more. And all the other characters just love him even though he really never gives a shit about him.

He is the villain of the movie, but he's treated like the hero. It's really fascinating.

Really? He seemed like a humble guy desperate to keep his theater in the ads.

In the trailers they paint him that way, but the movie opens with him running away from addressing the fact that he never paid the stage hands from his last show, and refusing to answer calls from the bank. It's explained that he's only gotten by as long as he had because he'd been borrowing money from his neet friend's rich parents, but they've recently cut him off because all of his shows fail. He decides to steal electricity from the place next door to power the theater because he didn't pay his electric bill. He later steals panes of glass from windows all over fucking town to build a fancy set. He fucking brings sandwiches to a fancy restaurant and has the gall to be a dick to the waiter. And probably a shit ton of other stuff I'm forgetting. He is never called out on any of this. What's even worse is learning how he came into possession of the theater in the first place and how he comes out getting everything he always wanted in the end.

He's certainly desperate to keep his theater, all right. Like in a desperate he'll sacrifice anything and anyone to keep it going kind of way. But he's anything but humble.

So cute.
Better ship than Nick and Jud.

It's a good movie

>He fucking brings sandwiches to a fancy restaurant

Thanks for pointing this out. I just saw it and thought he was a grey character, who got too much handed to him after things go wrong in the movie. When the talent he picked out comes back to check on him, I thought they were going to kick his ass to whip him into shape and make him apologize and force him to get in gear to get the show going again, but that doesn't happen. There are so many stories in this movie, but it's ultimately his, and his redemption in the end is playing one last show for free in the wreckage of his theater for the sake of the performers who are now aware that there's no money to win. The best thing that happens is that someone buys the repossessed theater. Something that was going to happen anyways, but at least Moon gets to keep it running. With that in mind, this movie needed an epilogue to let us know how exactly the real protagonists benefited from this. It's especially weird where we left Mike: on the run from the mob with his gold digging girl where the bear still holding on to the car. The fact that we don't know what happens next allows us to assume the worst happened to someone who technically wasn't a villain but we were kind of supposed to hate.

Yeah, when I saw the scene, I thought that he'd want his friend to pay for it or they'd both order water and leave awkwardly but no... he brought outside food and thought it's okay to just hang out at a table.

>What if Irish Women had feelings?

I lol'd

Yeah the friend I saw it with insisted we stay til after the credits because he was convinced there must be an after credit scene addressing what happened to Mike.

Don't forget how we'll never know what happens when Mike has to deal with that mountain of credit card debt that will inevitably come crashing down on him since he never made any money and bought a fancy car and shit. Like, Mike was kind of an asshole but not nearly as bad as Moon imo, and if you read between the lines, the movie just leaves Mike to get fucked over even worse than he deserves.

I thought that Buster's arc was taking him in a direction where he'd learn that the theater was just a pile of bricks and stones, and that the real value lies in the little people and friends he'd always stepped on to get where he was, but nope, the moral of the story instead seems to be make sure you've got rich friends with good connections, and if you're lucky enough to impress those connections, they'll just buy you whatever you want to achieve your dreams.

I'm not even surprised this film was made. I can see it passing by all sorts of rich hollywood types who would watch it and just nod their heads and not see anything wrong with this, maybe even thinking it's supposed to be inspirational. I would not be at all surprised if the part of the story all about Buster was actually written by some hollywood executive or producer or something based on their own life, right down to naively believing that crashing in your buddy's parents' cushy poolhouse is the lowest somebody can sink.

Mike and Moon both made their own problems, but Mike made it worse for himself and everyone else. It was dumb to assume he was going to be $100,000 richer and he was flat out retarded to think he could cheat the mob, or even that he had to. This led to the mob wrecking up the place, which everyone is kind of forgive and forget about. Mike wasn't much of an antagonist, though he was a bully overdog. Buster seemed to be the antagonist with the way he demanded certain acts to be. It's their talent that won him, but his overbearing back for showmanship that sucks the personality and "art" out of everyone... but there's no lesson learned.

Really, the movie would have been exactly seven minutes longer.

Well hey, it wasn't said or spelled out, but it was their talent that made everything possible and the fact that he didn't profit from giving them exposure shows that he wanted to work for them.
Both Buster and his NEET friend hit a low point together when they do the carwash. At first I thought that it was going to be a "hot carwash" sort of joke considering how they were all but twerking up on those cars, but the music was to show that they weren't having a good time.

Yes, being able to fall back on your rich friends is a rare privilege, and it's sadly true that for a lot of people life isn't about what you know, it's who you know.

So do these animals eat each other? Here we see that even spiders and slugs are sapient and can sing. Carnivores were especially rare, but we saw a bear try to eat a mouse twice like that's normal.

go back to trash, zoofag.

I went with my brother to see it and we both agreed the movies most notorious flaw was its very short and abrupt ending. Guess we're not the only ones who thought so too.

It didn't feel like it was all that normal. I think that only happened because he was a mob boss. Like swallowing somebody whole in this world is the equivalent of cutting off somebody's balls, stuffing them in their mouth, and tying him up in the trunk of a car they toss into a lake in our world. Or, however else the mob offs people. I guess cement shoes is the more stereotypical example.

Johnny is best boy.

Mike was seen at the end when the theatre reopened

Is there a torrent or link?

A lot of the movie was very rushed. Like that whole first part where they have to zip from character to character to quickly introduce them all went really fast, too. There were lots of scenes I'd seen clips of that I was surprised to find were the whole scenes, and not just abruptly cut pieces of bigger scenes. I expected each of the main cast members to have their whole auditions make it into the movie, but those were about as cut off as the trailers had them too.

The movie definitely suffered at least a little from having too many characters and their sideplots to ever have enough time to spend on any one thing.

Alright. So what do they eat?

There's one scene where Buster names a bunch of sandwiches he made. He definitely mentions PB&J and I think egg salad, though where they get the eggs when just a minute earlier he clearly points out a chicken that's a person, I'm not sure. In the same scene a bison is eating an indistinguishable soup of some sort, and the only other times I remember characters consuming anything it's coffee and tea.

Judging from the possible existence of egg sandwiches, I'm gonna guess they have a BoJack Horseman explanation going on, where they have farms somewhere full of retarded genetically modified animals that don't count as people that are farmed for meat.

That at least confirms that they don't follow our rules in terms of what they have to eat. That diet is way too diverse for a koala and sheep in our world. It's actually weird for either of them to eat eggs.

Hmm.

>rabbit twerking

Are Eddie and Buster gay?

Weird, I JUST had that thought. I don't think they are, considering they don't mention anything romantic between them even though they're given many opportunities. The only evidence we'd have of that was Buster wearing Eddie's shirt. Was he wearing nothing but his shirt? It's too big to tell.

Maybe, but not for eachother.

It bothers me that there's no reason for the characters to be animals. They use that for jokes, but if they were all people, the plot wouldn't change at all.

to be fair, dreamworks movies are mostly ethnic stereotype comedians portraying themselves as animals, butts and fart jokes, everyone screaming and getting stuck to things that are rolling/flying around and screaming, and ill-placed pop music to sell the soundtracks

Yeah, they use it a lot for jokes, but it's also one of those instances in which them being anthropomorphised is used so to help their character design to quickly communicate at least a part of their personality to the audience.

In movies like Zootopia or Cats Don't Dance, the characters being animals is used as some kind of important plot point, but actually most traditional use of anthropomorphism in animal fables doesn't need that kind of obvious reason, like Wind in the Willows. There's another story that wouldn't change at all if the characters were all people, except that it would suddenly be much less interesting. And yet no one complains about that one because it's already considered a classic.

It was meh.
Hate the liar reveal bullshit but I like they way they tried to have the liar in this scenario actually be actively working to make it right throughout the movie.

What I don't like is that they went with the also shitty and forced "misunderstanding followed by mope filler" route instead.

Yes, You don't sleep in a sleeping bag next to your bro's bed unless you're fucking.

I never saw Pets, so I can't comment on that, but I saw this movie because of work and I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. I genuinely enjoyed it.

Fun soundtrack, relatable characters, didn't feel like any of the character arcs were badly rushed or neglected, which is often an issue with narratives like this. Actually quite touching at times too. I enjoyed it more than Zootopia. It was more fun.

Absolutely. No doubt about it.

Of course they went mope filler. It was just weird that it reached its peak with sexy speedo carwash set to sad music to "hey you can sing... let's put the show back on like you said!"

Maybe if Zootopia had continuous random farting you'd have a better time with it.

Maybe. Or maybe if Zootopia wasn't so preachy with a non-shitty soundtrack. Who knows?

Seems like it's doing alright

I assume it's a fine movie but just that, fine, nothing that's going to blow my mind but I couldn't possibly imagine it being "bad"

It was vague and safe. It was preachy in no particular direction and calls out the preachiest.

The soundtrack was pretty bad though.

I wasn't disappointed with Pets because my exceptions was appropriate for an Illumination film

>smugly raising an eyebrow

Who is best girl? and boy?

Ash and Eddie.

Rosita and Johnny

Sing was safe and predictable but I thought it was alright and I enjoyed it.

Yes.

No. They only shake their butts twice.

I enjoyed Pets and I enjoyed this as well. Does this mean I have bad taste, Sup Forums?

why are you telling him to suck off a corpse?

i DONT want to to fuck that rabbit.

i was dreading having to see it with family because of the trailer but it was pretty enjoyable desu

I get this feeling that Rosita's story was meant to have themes of potential infidelity, but ultimately couldn't fit it into the running time and/or they didn't find it appropriate.

It was decent. Unquestionably better than Secret Life of Pets, that movie was painful in its mediocrity. Sing still plays it too safe but at least almost everything is executed competently. The characters were surprisingly likeable, the pacing was decent, and there were plenty of entertaining moments. Not a masterpiece, but not the abomination that I expected it to be.

Honestly it seems to be semi-implied. In a movie like this you'd expect the main character to have a female love interest, but unless the movie expects us to believe Buster was fucking the old lizard with a glass eye, he was a bachelor. Combine that with Buster's fascination with speedos and his general closeness to Eddie, it's not out of the question that they had a thing. But I'm probably thinking about it more than Illumination ever did.

another movie who wants to milk on Zootopia sucess

pic related

>What if Food smoked weed?

>Seth Rogan

Was this written before or after they brought in Shakira to do a song?

It wasn't a bad movie but a combination of this being like half the reason why our theater is busy right now and half me not getting to watch like 30 minutes of the movie because my niece wouldn't behave is making me resent it.
also because Moana was nowhere near as popular at our theater desu.

Don't know, but she was part of the movie for a long time, it seemed. Her character at least is in the early concept art.

The only cure for me is cake by the ocean
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

Maybe they felt they had enough cheating with Ash's subplot.

The girl i'm pursuing wanted to see it so we watched it last night. It's a very safe movie, 7.5/10. Those last musical number were fun though.

It was shit.

It lost me from moment number one when they decided the best song for an operatic and soulful leitmotif for the old theater that could be sadly reprised was fucking GOLDEN SLUMBERS

That's some lazy bullshit right there.

Then the intro sequence perfectly layed out what the film's major flaw was going to be: despite these stories all happening in one city, they're totally segregated. The elephant's quest for confidence will not in any way effect the Pig's quest for validation or the Ape's quest for purpose, etc.

The second act almost tied things together and almost provided a real low point to the movie, but failed make most of the segregated storylines come together just before said low point as they should've.

The third act is back to totally unrelated stories and could basically be played in any order.

There were a few decent jokes that they predictably ran into the ground (we get it, the tanuki girls are japanese) and the autotune and audio mixing was much much better than it was in the trailer (no audible robotic noise, though they still suppressed vibratto which is a no-no)

Visually it was very unimpressive and it was very clear that all the money went to getting big names on the poster and recognizable music in the trailers so they could get asses in seats on Christmas weekend.

It was very bland, a real movie-by-committee.

>Every shitty animated film ends with a big stupid dance party featuring shitty pop song covers

>one executive turns to another

>"hey, hey get this

>"what if

>"THE ENTIRE MOVIE was just them setting up for the stupid dance party."

Why have you changed into this, Sup Forums?