Ghost Rider #2

"Fantastic Freaks and Where to Fight Them!"

The Life and Death and Life of Robbie Reyes so far.

He was gunned down after he unwittingly drove a car full of stolen super soldier drugs in an illegal street race he was only a part of to make ends meet for himself and his brother.

He came back to life only to find himself bonded to said car and his duplicitous Satanic uncle, a combination that turned them into the All-New Ghost Rider.

Then his brother died and returned as a flaming undead werewolf.

Then the multiverse died. Twice.

Now he and everything he loves (and hates) has been resurrected. Everyone's got a second-second chance.

But there's always a catch, isn't there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SUQudbtS7oo
youtube.com/watch?v=HhriPKGqVjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=SUQudbtS7oo

[insert obligatory 'X-23 used to be a prostitute' joke here]

It's a rough start, but I promise it gets a lot better.

Case in point.

No, Cho!

By better do you mean "Robbie actually shows up and gets to do something"? Because despite being one of the anons whose been shilling for a New Fantastic Four with this exact roster for the past year, I didn't want it to come at the expense of Robbie's solo being a solo.

HA! Ok, that's pretty funny.

We're going full Neo-Silver Age with this issue.

Well, not "exact" roster. I was hoping for Kaine, not Silk, but Silk is acceptable.

This can only end well.

Look, a purple stripper monster.

Hey, at least it isn't Miles.

I'm enjoying the lack of pig nose on this version of ANGR.

That fucking shoddy work with the mirror. Editor's a speedreader for sure.

Could this be the birth of the All-New Vengeance?

>leveled up

Gotta edit FAST!

>impenetrable skin just like...
>the Hulk
I thought adamantium claws were able to cut Hulks' skin like butter now that thye have a healing factor?

is this comic more about robbie

Keep in mind, there wasn't much Ghost Rider in the first ANGR series, but I think that the inclusion of these other and more eager superheroes helps provide the action Robbie is often reluctant to dole out.

And by "better," I meant-.

Depends on Hulk's powerup levels I think.

Way to sabotage Robbie's book with pointless, irrelevant team shit no one gives a fuck about Marvel! YOU FUCKING HACKS LEAVE ANYTHING ALONE OR GROW CAN YOU!?

-THIS!

You'll love this then.

You got it, bruv.

If it helps me forget the other team book with green Cho on it.

Cho on the rebound. Sure it's a clone of Canadian Otaku Wolverine, but braggarts can't be choosers.

That's the spirit!

>dat ass

At least this Cho is more overtly aware of how lame he actually is.

True.

It's also about this guy too apparently.

well that's just funny

Do the images seem a little upscaled or am I imagining things?

I'm conflicted. I want to support Robbie's book but I'd hate to encourage more of Marvels tacked on advertising for events/teams

>You will never have a reformed gangster bring you food and good advice

If you don't got wings, she don't want you.

kek

I think that he'll make an interesting nemesis for Robbie provided this book makes it past its second arc.

After all, Guero's out of the picture. What's Robbie going to do? Bully a guy in a wheelchair? What does he look like? Scott Summers?

It can't all be Ghost Racers all of the time, unfortunately.

t-take it back

Costumes attacking innocent civilians unprovoked for trying to defend their homes. The Bugle needs to report the truth about these costumed menaces.

The last time an insufferable Hulk-like dude came to Hillrock Heights, he tried to take it over with a paramilitary army. Twice.

Made it all worth it for me.

So considering their reaction I think it can be said that Robbie targets any super that comes into his territory if they start trouble.

OP, are you still alive?

The last time Robbie Reyes crossed paths with an insufferable Hulk-like dude:

-The dude had him shot
-The dude distributed super soldier pills to the community
-The dude tried to blow up his neighborhood
-The dude tried to strangle him to death
-The dude created a superpower gang that tried to beat him to death

Robbie Reyes has a bad history with muscled, violent "geniuses."

And women that dress like fuzzy animals.

Yeah. They're going to need two more slots for the obituary section.

Next Month:

Marvel SREAM-Up

Closing Credits Song:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhriPKGqVjo

RIP, you Flawless Freak.

Yup.

Heh.

Might be a gray/grey thing.

Great all the shitty ripoffs in one book. I guess this is what I get for wanting a New FF book. I get the impostors.

This was a pretty fun issue of All-New Wolverine and All Different Hulk, can't wait to see how they deal with all those Mexican gangbangers and that fire guy

I'm not happy with the set-up, but this issue wasn't bad. As far as monkey paw wishes go, this is turning out pretty good so far! It's like I'm getting the whole experience, rather than just the 3rd part of the short story.

I just wish this have more demons like Way run of ghost rider.

fucking WHYYY

WHY IS THIS TRUE

Thanks for the storytime.

retract your claws you dumb bitch!

you know what the worst is?
when their begin to focus Robbie, the book will getting cancel

needs more best girl

>Cho with Viv
>Cho with Laura
Wonder if Cho-shipping will be the next big thing

buy i hate this faggot hulk

this is a ghost rider comic?

I can see Rabioso becoming the new Vengeance

I can see this book getting canceled the second this storyline is finished.

Its bullshit is what it is. We barely even tapped into Robbie's potential and we have these idiots piggybacking off his damn book.
Im legit mad on how true this is

Of course, this is the only have decent Book marvel has right now so it getting cancelled was something to be expected
hope you guys are exited for the next Moon Girl and Hellcat relaunch

>Moon "Hey reminder Im the smartest character ever!" Girl
When is Devil Dinosaur finally going to eat that little mary sue?

I was actually just thinking that. All we need is Miles to swing by and we have our second "new F4 legacy team."

>TWO issues and we haven't gotten to the actual confrontation yet
>we still have to introduce fucking SILK on top of it
So that's
>a hero versus hero fight
>silk's intro
>finally beating that purple guy

Fuck this. I hope Robbie no sells Laura and Cho super fucking hard.

Might as well ask here but I was looking to do some Ghost Rider shopping and Im not sure which volumes or books to grab. Doesnt matter if its Johnny or Danny

why did her lips turn green

did she lick his blood off her gloves

The main one that everyone likes would be the Omnibus by Aaron from the late 2000s. Includes essentially the latest appearance of both Johnny and Danny (not counting Thunderbolts or Blaze's other bit parts), though you'd need the TPB Danny Ketch - Addict to get the full story. There's also a single issue epilogue that ties into Shadowland but it's not worth hunting that down.

I also like Way's arc that comes before Aaron's, but people are less fond of that for some reason. It's a decent introduction to the arc in Aaron's run.

its going to be SILK.

they've already shown that (on future covers)

why has Robbie/Ghost Rider barely been a character in his own book?

huh. I ship it.

ANGR is one of the few books Marvel has that is still any good at all. Therefore it's their only remaining vehicle to push other characters.

I'd say if we're lucky this little diversion will be a 3-4 issue foray that will splinter off into a team book and Robbie will get his solo back, but team shit is exactly what ruined Ms Marvel.

Shit. I mean, it could be worse I guess (it could be Miles) but I suppose it's also rather impossible right now to do the original Nu4 with Logan dead/old and Banner dead.

...This book is literally going to be a road trip and Robbie is going to have to be Cho and Laura's chauffeur.

I'd rather see Robbie fuck her than this current team-up mess.

>I'd rather see Robbie develop his own independent stable of villains in his home town
That goes without saying

What does that have to do with anything on this page?

Wait a minute, arent they just ripping off Parasite?

Maybe Tracy Scoops will do something in the future?

Most likely not, but it could happen.

isn't carnage pretty good

Place your bets does Robbie instantly smack down all three of the other heroes and assert dominance over his town, or does he get his shit kicked in then reluctantly agree to be their taxi driver while they look for not!Parasite?

I'm guessing he gets his ass kicked, Eli goes MORE POWERRRRRRR and then Robbie starts to win, only to go "no it's not right!" and stop before he kills them.

Honestly the best thing about the issue was seeing the gang members react to Robbie showing up.

The Ghost Rider becoming infamous in his neighbourhood as an urban legend is one of the best parts about Robbie and something I wish they'd concentrate more on.

There's so many budding aspects of ANGR that all have potential. Robbie and Gabe's relationship, Robbie maintaining a double life and secret identity, the ghost Rider becoming an urban legend some adore and some fear, some believe exists some don't, and of course establishing his own rogue's gallery. Robbie's in a unique position where half his adversaries can be gang member types and the other half could be mythology inspired since Eli's a satanist and Robbie's powers are mystical in nature.

I think I caught this pokemon.

There's quite a few good Marvel books. "This is the only good Marvel book" is a meme at this point, considering you see someone say that in almost every Marvel storytime these days.

I mean, besides the Bendis books obviously.

The fact him killing people is powering up also implies some kind of sacrifice and a possible endgame for Eli.

Think Laura's gonna go for GR? I don't hate it.

I'm surprised they're happy he's showing up. I mean, sure, two freaks fucking up the neighborhood obviously take priority over gangbangers, but it's not like they aren't on GR's list too.

When are you going to realize she's not a Mary sue?

I doubt it. They're going to keep pushing Hulk on her for this arc and then she's going to go back to fucking Angel.

I guess he kind of fits into their worldview? Like Ghost Rider is a demon of the neighbourhood, but these guys are total outsiders. He's like the home-grown freak.

Okay. I wanted more Robbie. But this is acceptable.
(It helps that Cho had a much better showing this time around than last issue.)

That would require reading her book instead of getting all your knowledge from press releases and
>reading comics
>ever
lol

You have all these possible ways to take it, and instead you get "team up with strangers to fight a totally unrelated arbitrary generic monster with no story ties to Robbie".

Does Marvel not understand that this massive homogenization of their universe is a bad thing? Their most popular heroes were built on individual mythos, Spider-Man is such a hit because he got so much independent development. You could remove the microcosm which is Spider-Man's franchise from the greater Marvel U and it still functions perfectly fine. Ms. Marvel dipped in quality once Kamala became an Avenger and got dragged into CWII.

Marvel needs to put more faith in their independent franchises and let them develop organically without making fucking everyone an Avenger. Half the reason I liked ANGR was because the only other characters who'd shown up were Blaze and Hyde.

Better the devil you know.

Ghost Rider probably seems more like a monster than a man to them. He's inhuman (not an inhuman of course fuck them) and he's probably viewed as an aspect of the town, hence The Legend of Hillrock Heights. Encountering "the driver" is probably an occupational hazard everyone's come to terms with.

Plus, even if you're on his list, there's probably some sort of misguided pride that comes from seeing YOUR monster beating on outsiders.

Hot.

It's a shame this will never have the space to do an issue of like different gangsters telling the story of "their" encounter with the Ghost Rider. Like that one Superior Foes issue in the bar.

So how does this end? Silk, Laura and Cho get fucked up by purple monster and Robbie kills it because he's immune to its syphoning powers because his are magical, not biological?

THIS HAD EVEN LESS ROBBIE THAN LAST ISSUE

Robbie beats them up and kicks them out of LA then rips the monsters head off. Also Silk never shows up.