Why does everyone hate Wesley Crusher when Q is exponentially more annoying than some kid?

Why does everyone hate Wesley Crusher when Q is exponentially more annoying than some kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqwx2XFb1fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0hA5mrsK2ZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Q is kino. Qino, if you will.

Wesley is a Mary Sue for Gene Roddenberry.

Q is not some kid
fuck kids

hating wes became a meme. anyone who hates him in a more real sense most likely hates everything it doesnt even matter anymore

Because Q is not in every episode for two entire seasons.
And because Q being annoying is precisely the point. Wesley being annoying is a byproduct of Roddenberry writing his kid self into the show.

Go back to the grave, Rottenberries.

q is only funny because of how much picard is annoyed by him

the absolute madmad
or madQ?

Q was irritating in a funny way, Wes was funny in an irritating way.

Blocks your path

Get out and then kill yourself.

>ywn see Guinan stab Wesley with a fork for the lulz

How much of a Star Trek episode can one watch if one takes a shot everytime someone says captain?

Q was funny.

Q is funny and sexy as fuck. So sexy, that wanting to kiss him and have sex with him doesn't cunt as being gay

Shots of what?

I don't hate early Wesley, I liked that he was an annoying kid Picard had to deal with because of Crusher bullshit. I hate late Westley who had magic powers and was a lying duplicitous cunt.

Alexander is far worse than Wesley ever was, fuck that character.

because Q is a character that embodies the trickster archetype
he's literally a somewhat benevolent godlike being who is bored of eternity itself, he would be intriguing if he were to act on this premise alone but usually, amidst the humor, he actually does things that benefit humanity in general or picard/janeway in particular because he creates a relationship with them

wesley is simply annoying, with no depth or substance at all in the beginning except some vague promise of character development in the future made by the traveler which is resolved in one single fucking underwhelming episode in season 7

so yeah, writing characters is a hard job and wesley was poorly written

>when crazyman sisko knocks Q the fuck out

There are a few things I don't like about DS9 but this redeems the entire series.

remember the rape ghost she was lusting for that had screwed her family line. You could tell that shit was written by a woman

>sisko falls for Q's goading
bad moment for ben

Jake and Nog were great characters though. Thats how you do kid characters well.

>its a sisko tricks romulans into intergalactic war episode

I like Q.

the best episode in the history of television

I think Q should have stayed depowered and become a legit member of the crew, fight me.

How do i join a rape gang?

Chrusher is a whiny, self-absorbed shit.
Q is a merry trickster who sees right through people and fucks with them on a foundational level.

This, fuck those smug cunts, especially those smug female Romulan cunts, because that's my fetish.

Prove yourself first with a solo career.

Is the actor playing Nog a midget? Jake got tall as fuck during the run of the show but poor Nog didn't

Yeah I think he was just really short, even as an adult.

I can live with it.

People hates Wesley Crusher because he was the perfect kid, the one we all wanted to be (genius, cute, on board on a spaceship).

It was just jealousy.

>Eisenberg was born with only one partially functioning kidney and received a kidney transplant at the age of 17. This limited his growth to 5 feet (1.52 m).

I liked it, Q should be socked by someone at least once, and it showed that Sisko's trait of being easily fucked with early. Which set up the whole thing with his going batshit about traitors in his ranks and his dynamic with Dukat as the straight man.

I legit would have liked him had he mellowed out and become an upstanding legit part of the crew after coming back from the academy.

Instead I got a shitbag who actively let his peers get killed and lied about it.

Why are there so many hot one-episode side characters in Trek?

Wesley Crusher is the type of guy who likes Rick and Mortey

he's not Picard.

>implying haven isn't one of the best trek episodes and pure comedy gold
go fuck yourself

He's half noncorporial wormhole alien that exists outside of time.
If anyone is going to knock a Q on their ass, it would be another species on par.

Please pan down

>
>Shots of what?
Measles vaccine

Because northern California is the continental dumping ground for every pretty girl who took an acting class and wants to be on screen. It's an embarrassment of riches. Hollywood never runs out of starlets.

Q episodes are fun and Q doesn't pop up in another story lines or episodes. Q at his worst is plot hook to put the crew in a wacky dilemma. Wesley at his worst is a spoiled brat who some how saves the day even though the rest of the crew should have done their jobs and kept a kid from fucking around with the issue anyway.

Q is annoying to the other characters, which is funny to the viewer.

Wesley is a literal genuis demigod to the characters, which is annoying to the viewer.

Simples.

People hate Wesley because it reminds them that they are nothing special. It shows that not everyone is born the same and same people just are better than others, they can't accept it. It's an Amadeus scenario: Wesely is Mozart and the audience is Salieri.

>Northern California
>Hollywood

The real question is why do people hate Dr. Crusher so much? Is it because she isn't your typical dainty flower type woman? That's literally the only reason I can fathom.

Wesley hate is mostly just a meme bandwagon. He's pretty obnoxious in the first season because he's literally the self insert of one Eugene Wesley Rodenberry.
As often as not he's being told to shut up, and his later episodes end up being pretty decent.
He also has that episode where he calls Geordi a foreveralone faggot to his face.

Because she is a normal doctor and not quirky reddit doctor

>Depressed looking Japanese trek-waifu is the only female on ToS to ever carry a phaser during a mission.
Yeoman Tamura was not to be fucked with.

>why do people hate Dr. Crusher so much?
>[citation needed]
They never give her anything to do really outside of one or two episodes, but she's still responsible for some of my earliest boners.
>that scene in the naked now where she unzips her uniform a little

cause wes was in every episode for the first few seasons?

This doesn't work when TNG-era literal children were learning nuclear physics onboard starships.

Still would.
The people in /trek/ seem to dislike her quite a bit. That's why I ask.

de lancie is a good actor, wil wheton is not

who hates crusher? i think everyone hates pulaski, because she was a cunt.
youtube.com/watch?v=nqwx2XFb1fQ

>hate Dr. Crusher
Most I ever heard close was people being apathetic to her because she was cardboard in terms of her character. Pulaski was unironically superior because she had more character growth in her short time on the Enterprise than Beverly had in seven fucking seasons.

God I want to fuck her and then have a comfy mud bath with her

To be completely honest, Data was being more of a cunt here than Pulaski was.
I found Pulaski boring, and this is only strengthened by her brief time on the show. She doesn't even register as a legitimate character to me, more like a temporary replacement for Crusher, which she ultimately was.

>character growth
>tng

Pulaski and Barclay are the only two characters with any actual growth. Riker did until they forgot about it post S3.

>Data was being more of a cunt here than Pulaski was
No, and even if he was, Data doesn't understand that though, Pulaski did and was doing it on purpose.

>Picard
>Not having character growth

Take your pills user.

Until she legit warmed up to him, then she and Data were tight.

>To be completely honest, Data was being more of a cunt here than Pulaski was.
to be completely honest, no. pulaski didn't like data because he was an android, so she was being intentionally dismissive of him. because she's a cunt.

>The people in /trek/
There's you're problem right there. Trek threads went to shit the minute they became eternal generals.
Shame they were tolkien-tier threads once upon a time.
But yeah, if you're going to rank best doc's, unfortunately crusher is usually on the bottom with bashir.
McCoy doesn't count because he's to based.
Holodoc is great, but by season 7 he's literally screaming MUH RIGHTS in janeway's face.
Leaving Phlox as undisputed best doc.

>Pulaski was doing it on purpose
How? All she did was pronounce Data differently from the way they say it on the ship. Data with a hard A and Data with a soft A are the same word, so she assumed it didn't matter how she pronounced it, then was surprised and confused when she found it it did.

>oh, you're name isn't jim it's tim? what's the difference?
vs
>oh, you're name isn't jim, it's tim? shit, sorry.
not that i'd expect and autist like you to understand fundamental interactions.

Jim and Tim are spelled differently. Data and Data are not.

>Dahtah
>It is DaiTah
>What's the difference?
>One is my name, the other isn't...
>Oooh shit, could it be that you've got a circuit in there for bruised pride among everything else that makes you a fake-man? You mockery a human being! You cuck of nature.
I'm surprised she wasn't a witness for prosecution during Measure of a man.
>DISASSEMBLE THAT YELLOW NIGGER NOW!
She was kind of being a cunt.

>not that i'd expect and autist like you to understand fundamental interactions
called it.

>he hates the best character

>You have to rape 10 women and 10 men solo before we let you into our exclusive band of rapists

Oh, I see, you didn't actually want to discuss this. My mistake.

>Merry-Oh help me
>excuse me my name is Mario
>lol what's the difference?!

He did introduce the Borg, that's pretty big for the plot. Fucking best episode.

>How do i join a rape gang?
It's mostly nepotism. If you're not one of (((them))) you're stuck joining a rape co-op IF YOUR LUCKY.
It's not even worth it. Just go to Risa, they have a whole sub-continent devoted to playing "Hide, and go-get-it."

Same name, pronounced differently.
Is this really a big deal to you?

HOnestly, by the end of Voyager, everyone has gone up to Janeway's face.
Voyager either has no hierarchy and chain of command OR has Janeway demoting everyone to chief shitty officer at her disposal in case she needs to recycle a body to make more coffee.
Phlox is objectively and subjectively the best doc

one is his name, the other is not. why (spelling vs. pronunciation) is irrelevant. once he pointed it out she should have acknowledged it instead of effectively saying "i don't care what your name is". and if you don't understand that, i stand by my original claim about your lack of ability to understand fundamental interactions.

Wesley was a Mary Sue wish fulfilment for Roddenberry, its how he perceived himself as a child and he unironically stated if he was born in the future he would be in Starfleet similar to crusher.

Roddenberry was a nightmare to work with, which is why the producer's and actors butchered Wesley after Roddenberry died. It's why Wheaton hasn't had a career since (tbbt doesn't count).

Q on the other hand, represented the universe as it is to man in the modern age now, to the most advanced and capable ship Starfleet, the 'non' military wing of the federation,one of the most advanced civilations in the galaxy. The Q are the unknown, and in history the unknown is God. Q is whatever the viewer understands God to be; a force, a being, moral, vulnerable, needs, no, requires love and admiration, but is hindered by ego.

Crusher is a Mary sue, Q is you, the veiwer, with your outside knowledge of the star trek universe.

because weinstein isn't the first and only cunt to get his dick sucked by young airhead bimbos willing to trade a mouthfull of cum for their big break on television
in fact, i feel for the limp dick fucker, he's the only one getting trampled for something everyone is doing

never really thought about this
but he isn't some demi-god, he's just a tool really.

>not doing both
it's like having a nice slippery dildo up your butt, but not gay.

On season six now, the only Q episode I actively disliked was the one with the blonde girl with Q powers. Felt like an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Not even that user, but yes. Pronouncing my name wrong is a one way ticket to the top of my shit list. I mean when it's people who should know better. Like co-workers.
I had a facility manager call me "Christian" for like 3 fucking years despite me correcting him every god damned time and having to report to him on a fairly regular basis.

Data is a word, not a name. I assume this is what Pulaski was thinking, and I'm willing to bet she didn't expect an android to bitch about her "mispronouncing" his name. Either way you pronounce it, it's still the same word. Why are you getting so upset over this?

troll or assburgers, it's clear this conversation is going nowhere. have a nice day. :)

>he's just a tool really.
Kicked your ass.

You are a human being. Data isn't. In fact, Data literally isn't capable of getting frustrated over someone mispronouncing his name.

>Data is a word, not a name.
But Cuck is a word, and your name.

Yeah, thanks for your concession, you dumb faggot.
>he did the smiley face emoticon to hide his completely blasted ass
Good for you.

>pronouncing my name wrong is a one way ticket to the top of my shit list

This is you - youtube.com/watch?v=0hA5mrsK2ZQ

Why does it surprise me that Trek fans are this autistic?

>wanting your name to be pronounced the right way is bad

Do americans really think this way?

If you don't want to discuss it, why are you posting about it?

Riker literally got fat and lazy after he turned down his first command. He realized he liked being second in command and had all the power and respect of being "Number One" without the responsibility and pressure of being a captain.
Even in the show they point out how Starfleet is pissed that this asshole is holding up a spot where other commanders could seriously benefit from learning under Picard before stepping up into their own commands.
Even Picard is shown growing impatient and disappointed in Riker's lack of ambition and initiative.

His lack of growth is subtlety a plot point about what a selfish asshole he is.