Why is he so lame, how do we fix him?

Why is he so lame, how do we fix him?

No racial pls

Start by giving him a non-shit costume.

Neuter him.

Does he even have any useful abilities other then metal wings? I never understood the point of winged characters fighting alongside characters that can fly without wings. They just get in the way.

He's the aquaman of birds.

Also, I think enhanced vision via the suit.

>Does he even have any useful abilities other then metal wings?

affirmative action

Make him a were-falcon.

We have great black characters that are cool and can hold their own titles, Spawn, Luke Cage, War Machine, Black Panther, and Deathlok. Now many of these titles were ongoings in the 90s, the point remains they had sales and a large cult following.

What makes Falcon not match up with these characters? He can fly, he doesn't appear to have a problem (he's not undead, stuck in a machine, or a fugitive), and he's Caps best friend.

That's his problem I believe, he's a side-kick trying to make it on his own, with nothing to make him stand out. If he were white, he would still have the same issues.

Solution: Give Falcon to a talented writer and have them go to town. Like Christopher Priest or Warren Ellis. Tell some crazy stories, let Flacon do something shocking, let him be framed for killing the vice-president, take the gloves off and do something exciting with the character.

>That's his problem I believe, he's a side-kick trying to make it on his own, with nothing to make him stand out.
And yet you used War Machine as an example of someone who can hold his own title.

Electric powers.

What is this from?

So is he still the Captain America or what? But to answer your question OP, just make him MCU Falcon.

Wtf is this from

> everyone wants to fix all the racial characters
> no racial

For 30 years he had to use his arms to fly

So on top of only having a single ability that everyone else had too, he had no use of his arms while doing it making him even more useless.

Literally worse than Hawkman, he at least got to carry weapons and hit people while flying. 70's-90's Falcon was just some guy with feathers glued to his arms that accomplished nothing in every fight he got into.

>Like Christopher Priest

Priest wrote Falcon for 18 issues (4 issue mini in the 80s, 14 issues of Cap&Falcon in 00's)

I think the bigger issue is that Falcon has no real conflict? Similar to War Machine, Hawkeye (most of the "sidekick Avengers") is that hes a superhero because he wants to be. His powers aren't so great that he runs into Spidey's Great Power/Great Responsibility issue, and he has no vendettas or personal reasons to go about his business except for the fact that hes friends with Cap.

someone put a new color job over some CapFalcon art.

It makes no sense to have this guy on the same team with other gadget/technology using people that are walking around in full armor, shoot lasers from their hands, or create forcefields, while also being able to fly.

He is basically a sidekick that is being placed on the main teams because they needed more diversity and for some reason they keep ignoring Monica Rambeau.

Make him afraid of heights. Instant conflict, making him at least twice as interesting as he is now. Right now, writers kinda riding the social trends, which gives him a kind of conflict but it won't stay interesting. Partially because they dance around the fact that he's black, implying it is the source of the distaste towards him, while not having the balls to say so directly.

Make him like the MCU version.

Wings that do a lot of things besides flying, make him a litgher Iron Man.

Them send him after secret societies and other groups besides fucking Hydra again and agaiin.

>

Embrace the fact he can command an army of birds besides red wing,if ant man can be an avenger I don't see why bird whisperer here is so hard to take seriously

Have a plot where a flock of bird are enhanced (Mechanized a la Silver Samurai or similar metal enhancement like Colossus) and have him rescue them using his bird sense.

& from that build some kind of horror angle like that one time he scared a crook with birds

That's ultimately reductive logic, as by the same argument you have to ask why the Avengers aren't just a couple of guys in Iron Man suits and Thor.

Given his background in community outreach, it'd be a perfectly fine motivation for Falcon to view superheroics as a highly pro-active version of community aid.

Mackie managed to make him really likeable in the MCU, so I guess you just need a really good writer to giver him a great run in the comics.

That's easier said than done though, since he's not the type of character to easily get ongoings (unless he takes on the Cap mantle).

>Mackie managed to make him really likeable in the MCU
Yeah, they made him a decent guy, but there's really little that makes him worthwhile as a hero, he's barely above Hawkeye and Widow in the mere-human levels. But they were onto something making a bit of a military man, I think. Instead of being a superhero, instead of trying to put him in a superhero's shoes, painting him a military hero would be better, CIA, shady shit, deniable operations, internationally supported terrorism sort of stuff. More rescuing diplomats besieged in Zimbabwotsanastan, less rescuing babies from burning skyscrapers if you catch my drift.
Otherwise he's just as shitty as Angel but without the excuse of a mutation.

>Given his background in community outreach, it'd be a perfectly fine motivation for Falcon to view superheroics as a highly pro-active version of community aid.

so basically Heroes for Hire?

>make cap and bucky into qt animu grills
>leaves falcon as some faggot in drag

HM also has super-strength and endurance

The Batman of birds Birdman

I'd much rather have a Monica ongoing

Ignore all the race stuff and just follow the adventures of one of the top 10 most powerful beings in the universe.

Play up the bird-man angle a little, it's a cool power. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a superhero, especially in a team book where you need a member or two who WANT to be there.

Give him a supporting cast and some villains, which every fucking superhero needs. Yeah he can borrow Cap's but he should have his own issues too. If you really need an angle, why not do the discount Captain America thing? Falcon can help people that Cap can't because Steve's so high profile. He can get in the shit.

>That's ultimately reductive logic, as by the same argument you have to ask why the Avengers aren't just a couple of guys in Iron Man suits and Thor.
Which will always be a good question to raise no matter what. Flavor and variety really stop mattering once you have a team that has the single purpose of stopping universal threats that come to Earth each and every week.

All of a sudden guys with bows and guys that fly are irrelevant. Then the Visions, Marvels, Thors, Photons, Quasars, etc are the only ones actually contributing.

That one issue in the late 80's where Avalanche beat his ass. It was probably the only time Avalanche ever won a fight with anyone at all, and his power only affects Earth. That thing that Falcon is not even tied down to....

X-Men have a guy with metal wings that shoot the feathers as tiny daggers, and they work as shields, and the guy can fly straight through things because he basically has two giant swords on his back.

Can Falcon just imitate some of this?