Do you earn more money by doing comic strips in a newspaper or by doing a webcomic?

Do you earn more money by doing comic strips in a newspaper or by doing a webcomic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_webcomic_artists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who the fuck reads a newspaper?

I don't read newspaper, I read comic strips in newspaper (see Journal de Montréal)

You earn it by getting a real job.

Has anyone's made a living out of webcomics?

>being an artist
>not a real job

penny arcade pals and buckley

How is making comic strips not a real job?

VGcats

Penny Arcade

B^U

Ronnie

Newspaper Syndication is reliable income. It's basically a salaried comic gig. It's not high paying but it's reliable and consistent. You know how much money you're going to get and you're going to keep getting paid that until newspapers stop existing or your syndicator goes out of business.

With webcomics, it's completely up in the air and monetization mostly comes from things like merch. A webcomic could either cost you money or give you a comfortable living depending on how popular you are and how good you are at monetization.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_webcomic_artists

>Sakimi Chan

I really don't understand, she always creates the same shit.

Its a creative art form, realistically 9 out of 10 times you will make jack shit.

>You will never be one of these people
>You will never be able to make a quick gag-a-day strip, upload it to your website, and call it a day as you secure another paycheck

fuck me right

>Timothy Buckley
>$3,661 per month

why not user?
what's stopping you?

The fact that of the more likely chance i'll end up penniless

i do try. i'm just incredibly irrelevant

Webcomics as a whole is just such a juvenile area. It's for people who couldn't make it in professional media. I'm only making one for resume purposes; fuck the community.

>Jeph Jacques
>10k per month

Please show me your work. I love to see the work of snobby elitists.

Watch the How's Your Webcomic threads early this summer. Also keep your eye on /ic/'s animation general between then and now.

Not from webcomics obviously

I recently started following this comic a while ago and was genuinely surprised when they posted pic related that it was actually a newspaper comic.

Why are there people still going for such a dead medium?

you see, it's only a real job if you're miserable
the amount of money you make is irrelevant
if you're working 80 hours a week at mcdonalds making minimum wage, that's a real job
if you draw stuff and have a patreon and make thousands of dollars a month, you're just wasting your life

>Why are there people still going for such a dead medium?

it's not completely dead and it's a guaranteed consistent livable income

The same popular, easily-marketable shit

I don't get it

I think it should be illegal to make money off other people's characters.

Majority of internet "artist" just draw popular characters and piggy back off that.

From what I've gathered, the strip's humor is supposed to be "cute", like Rose is Rose

Finally someone else thinks the same way