The /orville/ general

Whole Crew Edition

previous

first for Finn best girl

You could make that argument.

>using the official naming convention
I approve.

Correct.

>STD has a black female lead and she's a cunt who should be replaced as soon as possible
>Orville has a black female who is part of the main cast and she's /bestgirl/
really makes ya think

Imagine how comfy a Thanksgiving episode would be.

will they have a spooky Halloween episode?

What's the average human lifespan in this verse?

has there ever been a thanksgiving episode in star trek?

I would unironically watch an entire episode of the female crew members drinking wine and having girl talk.

Think how comfy and arousing it would be to watch Finn and Kelly take turns brushing Alara's hair while they talk about men and their careers aboard starships.

Reminder that there is a new episode of the Planetary Union podcast up, with a Jonathan Frakes interview.

Has there ever been a Halloween episode?

that's really cute, user. also that reminded me something. I really like the female cast of this show. they don't feel like wastes of space who are only there to be pretty, but actually have some personality to them. I'd even say the female cast feels a bit stronger in characterisation than the guys, at least right now.

you just know

I want Seth to pump and dump her, then be forced to work together everyday for several years.

What's wrong with me?

Catspaw

Jesus christ, i was thinking they sharpened her teeth to make look like "aggressive" since her strenght, wasnt thinking they was her natural ones

What does Alara do in her quarters alone when she is off-duty?

Some kind of fucked up sexsual stuff like draw hearts around a cpt mercer pic on her secret diary

If they don't ask him about Greyson doing the Picard Maneuver in his episode they're completely useless.

dat larkin love grin

Bravo Frakes, felt like a classic TNG episode

Lifts weights, studies combat manuals

DELET

In the first season OS episode, "Charlie X", Captain Kirk is seen in a corridor advising a galley chef that: "On Earth today it is Thanksgiving, and if the crew of the Enterprise has to eat synthetic meat loaf, I want it to look like turkey."

In the third season NG episode "Sins of the Father", Picard is shown in Ten Forward carving one of the ship's Thanksgiving turkeys, as Geordie Laforge explains the bird to a visiting Klingon.

Man i really hope it happens

Why would all of Earth celebrate a US/Canadian holiday? Weren't all the nation states gone by that time?

Because real people live in USA duuuuh

Why would America celebrate St Patricks Day?

Because there's a ton of Irish immigrants here that brought it over with them.

Why would all the Earth buy into your communist faggotry? Wouldn't all mental disorders be cured by then?

Just like how there are a bunch of Earthling, some from NY, on the ship. The captain has Kermit the Frog, they watch Seinfeld. Why not keep up with an Earth holiday just because they are from Earth?

this show is extremely derivative

I was referring to Star Trek in my post, not the Orville.

The all of Earth must have adopted Thanksgiving. They probably gave it a different meaning, too. Most Americans don't even realize that the official holiday of Thanksgiving has nothing to do with the Pilgrims & Indians having a happy meal together. The holiday originated much later in fact, in order to give thanks for the service of the soldiers who fought in the Civil War.

Wow. Breaking news.

I was referring to future interplanetary confederations containing people from Earth and how a holiday with specific intent can become a loose tradition.

It was Abraham Lincoln who first declared it a national holiday.

Whom appeared in the TOS episode with Zephram Cockrane and Col. Green. Whom also remarked that Uhura was and I qoute A charming negress. Which was accurate.

when I go to a swim meet, I don't expect to see any new dives. I expect to see well executed dives that I am already familiar with.

It's already just national family dinner day. That could take off to other places if the world was to globalize.

Most cultures have a feast day. You think once we stop our bullshit as a species and tackle global hunger we'd all have something to be thankful for.

George Washington proclaimed the first nationwide thanksgiving celebration in America marking November 26, 1789, "as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favours of Almighty God."

>if the world was to globalize

Translation: Turn communist

The Space Trucker Kasidy Yates has redeemed herself.

This guy Treks.

>once we stop our bullshit as a species and tackle global hunger

Visualize whirrled peas!

You think like a child.

[citation needed]

Yeah yeah we get it. It's tiresome to hear it repeated all the time. You sound like a mosquito. Do you really think you're sprinkling red pills by blurting out that globalization is communism over and over? You're only half right anyway.

What? STD? Yeah. It's extremely derivative of JJDrek.

Damn, Kelly looks like THIS?

>It's tiresome to hear it repeated all the time.

You "globalist" queers just need to sit the fuck down, and shut the fuck up already so the rest of us can enjoy talking about The Orville.

I'm not the one who brought any of this crap up. I do resent being called a globalist though.

She needs to have that mole between her eyebrows removed.

It's very distracting in HD.

>pointy elbows

>wasnt thinking they was her natural ones
They are all natural, user.

I’m watching ep 3 with my dad right now and the cringe-factor is off the charts. Please tell me the show gets less cringe

The next two episodes are the best.

>hating the best episode

Episode 3 is the Worst episode of this show so far. It gets better with the fourth, and things really start to get good with by the 5th episode.

episode 3 was great
you guys only hate it because you are twitter warriors stuck in your muh gender war

t. brainlet

Well fuck thank you very much. I never noticed this before, but now it's all I'm going to be able to see whenever shes on screen.

And where does Turkey fit into all of this?

Welcome to the club.

I have to disagree on that. At first I shut 3 off, but then went back a week later and watched the whole thing, it is surprisingly decent. I like the semi-fair representation of both sides, but the arguments, especially in a court, could be better, and the episode needed a deeper, more fleshed out understanding of the Whatstheirnames. The end does carry a punch, though.

Four is probably the best showing yet, 5 and 2 are on the same level, 1 has some good bits but is lowered by the humour and a not very strong plot. Still like all episodes, though.

Well elect a real leader who will make them go back. Problem solved.

I personally consider crisp turkey skin as certainly one of the many and signal favours of Almighty God.

t. leddit

I thought it was a surprisingly balanced look, and the bittersweet ending thwarted me. I'm pleasantly surprised by how sincere I find the entire show, came in expecting a light-hearted space show without modern grimdarkness and got exactly that but executed way better than I expected.

Shut up, Meg. Alara is pure.

>brainlet
I'm not familiar with this saying, friend.

Yeah, I genuinely enjoy the show now. Even the occasionally-terrible jokes are easing up, and any humour in the future will hopefully be more character-driven. I just hope the series will have overall a little bit more continuity than Trek and that the characters will develop steadily.

'Global hunger' is not a problem that has a solution. Blacks are an r-selected species. In other words, they produce a large number of offspring and make very little investment in each. Many will die but the strongest will survive. Humans are K-selected - they produce a small number of offspring and make large resource commitments to each in order for them all to survive to adulthood.

The real problem is misunderstanding this fundamental relationship. When K-selected humans observe r-selected nigbeasts in their native habitat, they assume there is a resource deficiency because that is what it would indicate in human society.

In reality, when you give r-selected nigs more resources, they do not allocate them to existing offspring as humans wish them to. Instead they have more offspring, as it is their nature to do. Thus, attempts to alleviate "global hunger" actually create objectively more hunger.

He looks fucking wasted
Mila Kunis is probably on something too from the way she's looking at him like she's about 2 seconds from jumping on his dick right then and there

pics from the next episode

This user gets it.

putting kelly hu's hair in a bun should be a war crime

I hope Admiral Not-netchayev rides in on one of those heavy cruisers we've heard a fair bit about. We really need to see more of the Union fleet.

>that hair
is she going to be the Janeway espy?

Can whoever did that make happen?

Could be a nice running gag since I don't see STD becoming less shit.

same woman in kidde diddler's X2

looks way different now

>that shitty ass spray paint gray hair
why can't she just be a young (hot) admiral?
why does she have to look "distinguished"?

>tfw you wanted to hate the show but endded up liking it

seconded, that scene was hilarious

hard to take a young admiral seriously I guess

No. That would be stupid.

>Wake up
>Block out everyone else.
>Concentrate only on Alara
Now this is Pod Racing!

Come on, that scene is funny and stupid as fuck.

She's still hot in 2017 btw. It's just makeup

Isn't Kelly Hu in her 50's now??

Wait.. what? Is this the dead Ching Chong captain with the thick annoying accent from STD?

please post cute alara's im in love

Welcome to my world. It's all I can see when I look at her.