Why did it flop?

Why did it flop?

Same reason the first one flopped. Because it doens't have wide appeal.

Am*ricans

Number one here in the UK. My dad went to go see it in north england, theatre was packed.

I went to go see it here in Reading, south england, theatre was packed.

Number 1 film in the UK, great opening.

It's doing great in Europe.

We live in a time when the audience brainlets watch crap like Fast and Furious and Wonder Woman. I knew it was gonna flop, I'm only surprised someone greenlit a 150 million dollar R rated sci-fi art piece. I want to kiss that man.

Because it's go Ryan Gosling in it

>The sequel to a cult movie from the 80's (that also flopped) is flopping

I don't know, man. It is one of life's great mysteries.

it was a bad movie

>wonder woman
>not the 89000000 disney marvel movies released every year that are significantly worse than Wonder Woman

interesting

>Deckard:What's the plan?
>K: We don't run.
>Joi: I'm coming with you
>queue loud explosions

I almost didn't watch it because the trailer made it look like a stupid action movie in the vein of Looper. I'm glad I was dragged into watching but I bet a lot of people to whom an intellectual sci-fi movie appeals to decided to stay home.

>it was good

>movie popular only in nerd/geek culture
>3 hours long
>no fast action 90% audience used too
>taking everything serious, no comic relief
>depressive
>all-white lead, for american where half are niggers
>sexism, when americans are fucking crazy about feminazis
need more?
it's going well in rest of world

>he says as hes lined up for the latest flavor of the month horror and action movie
>b-b-but THREE HOURS! I'M PATRICIAN

Pretty much this.

The industry overall is down this year.

It even made my dad go to the cinema with me in such a long time. And he still was kind of letdown by it. It just was a bit underwhelming, as well as having not the most widespread fanbase.

>IT

It was just the most recent example, calm your autism.

fast and the furious is unironically good

A perceived "remake" I can't tell you how many people at me uni were saying "oh another rehash, and now they're getting into shit no one has seen"
U need meme hype to reboot something
See: IT
Trendy with all the 2k16 clown bs
Uses kids from stranger things
Then Nostaglia from millenniums who's first scary movie was Tim currys It

This misses a lot of that, plus people are at this point sick of both goslin and ford being in everything

You can drag a normie to kino but you can't make him think

What sexism?

It only flopped in the USA. Villenivue should release a USA cut where an Officer K voiceover explains the plot in laymens terms and makes jokes about eating fast food, shopping at Walmart and getting shot at music festivals

didnt flop as far as I can tell, but if the reason is it was too complicated
people cant digest everything that is more complex than Ghost in the Shell

>3 hours long
>slow as fuck
>no action scenes

Harrison Ford's not giving a shit tends to rub off on the general populace. Which is why Indy 4 and TFA also blow.

showing women as decoration and toys (K waifu) and future where women can be replaced by replicants and still give birth

>future where women can be replaced by replicants and still give birth

Tyrell was a fucking genius

If only it was that easy
I've been on this board for years and mongrel plebs like you are very transparent when it comes to things like this

Because it's a sad, serious movie. It's 3 hours long. It's rated R, but it's not gratuitously violent or sexy enough to appeal to prurient interests. It's a "big" movie in every way, but it was never going to appeal to a big audience, and I have to think the studio & financiers knew what they were getting into. The original is a cult favorite, but it was never a mainstream hit.

Precisely fucking this.
The first time I saw the trailer with Jared leto and all these fucking explosions I decided I wasn't going to see it, after hearing reviews I had to check it out though.
I understand marketing has to make it have mass appeal, but that trailer was insane.

I guess there just wasn't enough hype. I thought Blade Runner was pretty popular but I guess not. The actual movie quality barely matters on opening weekend. Even a terrible movie like Saw V will get tons of money at the box office just because it has some hype. With BR2049, it's probably bombing because it's another long lost sequel and it's made by a different (though actually better) director

the irony

Anyone else feel like shit after seeing this?
I got home after watching and feel straight up depressed wtf???

>Half of America made up of niggers
I know (((why))) you think this is the case, but its far from the truth

It's pretty melancholy.

I personally didn't enjoy it that much

I like it but feel like this one didn't need to be made, they did it for money and the story has nothing of real value

If you think it does, than explain to me what was the message in this one? Waifu? Life? What did it mean? Basically the guy had a kid and this means change for everyone, well okay. Maybe if they make another one it will explain better but this one wasn't of any real value and they should have not turned this one into a franchise........

Because people are sad and lead bad lives so they don't want to indulge in depression by watching sad or overly difficult movies, they much prefer feel-good Capeshit with good guys / bad guys and explosions.

can't remember when high-budget hard scifi made me so devastated after watching

Same
>The scene with k and the wiafu hologram telling him he's special.
>Ending scene with snow melting in hand.
Oh god why.

None of that should matter yet. On opening weekend, most people don't even know what they're getting into when they watch the movie other than maybe generic RT and imdb scores. People just weren't excited for this movie. Maybe it will have legs if more people go and see it because of word-of-mouth

>local kinoplex shows 2049 at the same time as IT
>almost everybody in theatre buying tickets was there for IT
>2049 was almost empty when I got in
genuinely depressing desu

>nolanite
LOL

is a nearly 3hours movie about nihilism and alienation

commercial spam works too

America is now only 60% White.

well it wouldn't hurt if it they put as much effort into storytelling as they did establishing themes. fucking nothing happens in the end, which i fucking hate in movies. reminds me of nolan's shitty movies like interstellar or inception where wow its fucking nothing

beaners were a mistake

Nihilism and alienation leading to existential realization

That's why it's bittersweet and why normies will never understand it

Saw it in Newcastle today, only other people were 2 couples and about 6 single middle aged men

> Newcastle
Who would have guessed?

t. brainlet

>unironically being from shitcastle

it is too long, dont have basic crhrastaristicksse

American here, explain

newcastle is a city in the northeast of england

It flopped because BR fans hate it because its not similar enough and normies hate it because its too similar to BR.

>unironically being Am*rican
you're making me like the Newcastle guy now

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF CINEMA

>WHY AREN'T THEY SHOOTING OR SOMETHING EXPLODING FUCKING SNOOOOZE ME UP SENPAI
whew

This is why it flopped NA for sure.

I wonder how it will do in China

>cgi rachel
>old harrison
>muh 30 years ago

2049 is just as cheap and dishonest as TFA and im glad its failing

It's a place in England that is shit like 90% Of The other places here.
Pic related.

Imagine Detroid in a flyover state, but people are inbreed islanders.

I saw it in Kent today, there were about 6 other people there and three of them walked out before it finished

>trailer didn't explain the whole movie
>trailer didn't have inception bwwooong
>no "world is changing"

We have always lived in that time desu.
This type of films just don't appeal to the majority of moviegoers.

We should just be thankful someone allowed this movie to be made.

i was depressed because seeing rachel made me nostalgic for the original

it's a bleak ride, but also beautiful and heartwarming at the end. left with a very good feelings.

Fuck off eurotrash. If it wasn't for America this film wouldn't even exist. Go say your prayers towards mecca, muhammad.

same.
At the gate?

>i criticize its storytelling
>you mention explosions
nice job. the fucking narrative sucks my dick
nice family drama thats resolved by a shootout

Don't know but it was shit.

52% actually.
On the other hand this movie features a washed up jew and a cuban nigger that can't act.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Blade Runner. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also K.'s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

thoughts on BNSF by benning, senpai?

Stick to capeshit

>Deckard meets his child
>Joe "dies" while contemplating mortality
>turnout of Replicant revolution and Wallace breeding program are left alone

I don't know, how many parts of the plot can they show and iterate on? Good storytelling is respecting your audience by leaving white space and room for imagination. You don't have to show every side of a strong character son. The ending is pretty similar to the original, seems fair.
like pottery

>no comic relief
the other person in the theatre laughed when Luv dropped Mummy's head

kek

Except something did happen.. in all of those movies you named. Are you retarded?

>>taking everything serious, no comic relief
There was quite a bit of dark humor, and smart little quips like "ask him" that actually fit the tone of the movie.

ye there can be [un]intentional comic moments, but You know, I meant obvious shitty jokes like capeshit or other blockbusters do

What happened?
It used to be a white man's thing...

>It used to be a white man's thing...
self hating white american women

>t nihilism and alienation

and then it came everything

true
but thats why i love it

>A fucking family reunion
>Hero dies? after defeating a literal fucking villain
oh wow so much happened

>turnout of the actual plot are left alone
yeah like I said, nothing happened. its not fucking hard to present interesting narratives if you never resolve them

making the protagonist relatable isn't enough

beauty and the beast was good

I saw it in reading too, absolutely packed

europe is more liberal/nigger than the states so what exactly is the rest of the world, chinkland where they obsess over waifu faggotry like you do?

>be Wallace, owner of the most big ass powerful company worldwide, creating replicants to serve in every part of the Galaxy
>own God tier technology, even for year 2049, can attach a majong chip on my neck to mentally control floating bubbles of analysis
>create my top tier replicant, doing the best I can do to make her into my personal assistant and my secret assassin/dirtyjobber
>I give her a nailcutter as weapon and strength that has her get overwhelmed by a beta tier old ass replicate

also
WHAT DOES THE RED MAJONG DO? am I the only one that could only think about that at the end of the film? Can he control guided nukes with that?
I felt that as a 'villain' Wallace had little to none impact on the movie at all

south america is big movie audience too, asia as whole not just chinks, movie wasn't even released in china yet... and about waifus... picrelated

well dumb frogposter? did you not see it something?? i have a cheat version you could watch really quickly and give your interpretation

pretty sure thats the point, it was a depressing movie (nothing wrong with that) and pic related was the second most depressing scene for waifu fags second to the scene with the giant waifu

Entire movie was about identity and family
>somehow a family reunion is bad
What were you expecting? Joe is a real boy, goes full kumbaya on Wallace & Co ala the original? Replicant hentai with his Trish-clone waifu?