Blade Runner 2049 is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi...

Blade Runner 2049 is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent Arrival, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Blade Runner by the time he was visiting Leto's factory AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between BR2049 and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, 2049 has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ big fridge magnet letters./
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi
Right. But to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Blade Runner. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also K.'s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

>can't refute points
>post random pasta

2049 fans

>2049 is popular on Sup Forums
>retard plebbitors suddenly appear for (You)s

>meme sequel by newest reddit acclaimed director comes out
>suddenly a shift of "patricians" straight from a Rick and Morty subreddit appear to discuss, meme, and call others "plebs"

No. They're exploring a fairly simple premise, like the Matrix did for example. You're just too much of a stuck up cunt to see that. Go blog somewhere else please.

>smart people
What?
It's not a movie for ego masturbation.
>muh twist
Oh, so it's a retard.

The movie is about K's identity crisis, both in term of Blade Runner's man or machine themes but also in term of modern working men's complete alienation from society.
All the other shit is just window-dressing and impetus for that story. Only an utter pleb would focus on it in an attempt to discredit the film.

>If you didn't already know the twist in Blade Runner by the time he was visiting Leto's factory AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

>hurrr I use every ounce of the vast cinematic knowledge I have accrued in the past to deliberately ruin my own enjoyment of movies

not so smart I see

I enjoy watching and rewatching a deep incoherent mess as much has anyone else, but being unable to prep your expectations and therefore your "viewing mode" regarding different types of movies is the sign of a tryhard average-iq brainlet

how fucking new are you

Bitch, I've seen this copy pasta since its origin.

What if I just enjoyed it and I don't think I'm smart and am in fact seeing a psych every week because of chronic self-esteem issues

>tfw I thought it was an excerpt from the article

>good movie is praised on Sup Forums

>suddenly threads about how you're dumb if you like it

we're right on time, folks

>Dude why aren't you shitting on this movie for (you)s lmao

all those (you)s will be lost in time

I'm asking because it's literally a year old pasta

I agree that the twist was self-evident to anyone who's seen the original and or has half a brain, but the ride was still very enjoyable and it doesn't really undercut the philosophy of the movie.

Reminder to all the newfags: turboautist OP just posted a stale overused pasta about Arrival and just changed the name to Blade Runner to fish out some (You)'s
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ big fridge magnet letters./

He didn’t even bother to remove the last line of the pasta that is just a straight up Arrival quote

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ big fridge magnet letters./

we know, we're laughing at him

>He didn’t even bother to remove the last line of the pasta that is just a straight up Arrival quote

wait, is it really? which scene?

OP

LE DUB

TRIPPY TRIPPY DUBS DUBS

Did 2049 seem a bit less neo-noirish to you? I think I prefer it to the original, but I felt the noir aspects weren't as prominent.

please post more best waifu gifs

Tbh he made you look like a retard and I laughed

If you're too smart to convince anyone you are right, you're just autistic.

You probably are a Rigg n Mordy fan

Lol that show needs to die now

no they're all mine. don't steal.

>smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.
smart people dont watch movies to feel smart neither do they watch "smart movies" no such thing exists, they watch movies for what they are, entertainment. If they want something intellectual they'll watch a documentary or read some intellectual material.

it's pasta, lads. you can stop responding now.

>It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.
Not figuring it out on your first watch.

Fucking brainlets i sweat