Prequel Trilogy Love

The prequel trilogy is a much more interesting setting than the original trilogy.
>cooler planets
>clone troopers are good guys but secretly bad guys
>rise and fall of Dark Vader
>Separatists are made up of lots of species and creatures
>lots of cool Jedi
>secret Sith evil that's actually interesting
>political intrigue
>pivotal change for the galaxy takes place

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVrM_HXnOkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one thing I loved about the prequels the most is the political backdrop. Seeing the republic crumble and transition into the empire alongside the fall of the jedi order really sets the backstory and atmosphere we see in the original trilogy.

It's story, direction and acting may not be superior, but I definitely can enjoy it in other ways.

>it's another "let's pretend the prequels are good because the idea was good even though the execution was god awful"

The prequels were an ass-pull except the cool Episode III stuff. This we've always known, for even before the prequels those who are wise in the ways of Star Wars knew how Obi Wan had the high ground on the volcanic planet and shredded Anakin up FACT!!!

I honestly liked the whole feeling of them. I think they set up the original movies quite well.

Sure Anakin and Padme where gay shit and something else with different actors should have happened. But the rest of the film was quite good enough.

Except Mace Windu going all out on a sith lord with just 4 jedis

It's contrarianism
Aside from ROTS, they weren't considered very good at the time of release
As a kid, I liked them and thought they were cool, but as a kid I also thought Jar Jar was so funny that I almost vomited laughing at the scene where he got his tongue zapped
As an adult, TPM is ok-tier, AOTC is really bad and I can go on all day about why and ROTS is great in terms of storytelling (the cg is heavily dated however and Grievous is a weak at best villain)

So far, I can’t say for sure until episode 9 releases.

OT>PT>ST

I hope Disney proves me wrong

Post prequel starships.

I think the prequels are much more rewatchable than the OT, and the soundtracks were GOAT, and Ewan killed it as Obi-Wan, and the sound design was awesome

Will there ever be a sequel prequel trilogy?

youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ

Prequel pros:
>Good worldbuilding
>Inspired storytelling
>Sought to tell a new thing
>Introduced a wide array of weapons, technologies, and visuals
>Darth maul

Prequel cons:
>Horrible acting
>Cringe dialog
>logical inconsistencies and plotholes
>Over-reliance on CGI

TFA pros:
>Better acting
>Better dialog
>Better cinemotagraphy

TFA Cons:
>Rehash of ANH
>Daisy Ridley horribly uncharismatic and badly written
>made the galaxy feel small and limited
>Nonsensical story that isn't explained
>real "made by committee" feel
>no interesting new technologies, weapons, or aliens
>lots of plotholes and logical issues
>terrible action sequences
>reliant almost entirely on nostalgia. the film can't rely on itself without hype and merchandise

Coolest engine sound in the universe coming through.

I think Lucas made the prequels for his son who was aging at the same pace as Anakin in the series. Episode I is aimed to please younger audiences, II for angsty teens and III for young adults.

They are definitely the best for design. The war machines, characters and planets are all beautifully thought up even though some aspects of the cgi have aged. As a kid I preferred the prequels to the OT because of this. I even loved episode II for the AT-TE walkers and Republic Gunships. Now Disney is ruining all of the designs, pic related

EU is canon, Disney-verse is false editions. Only True Star Wars™ is real. Prequels are real, original trilogy is real. Luuke Skywalker and the y-salami are real. Talon Karrde and Sluis Van shipyards real. Death Star built in the middle of 8 black holes by some blue ayy woman FACT!!!

Needs more theme park
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVrM_HXnOkc

The prequels are good, I'd even say that the trilogy works better than the OT.

The hate comes from RLM-fanboys. It's funny how these people never complained about these movies when they came out.

I always thought the separatist warships looked like shit

100% agree, especially on the Darth Maul bit, he's a very underrated villain. Still I think the over reliance in CGI is actually a pro, watching the prequels is like watching those early 3D movies like The Mind's Eye: they're ugly but they have their own cold, lifeless, alienating charme

The movies are passable to shit (Fuck episode 3 that was the only movie I fell asleep in theater)

what about big luke (not to be confused with luuke)

I'm talking about the world/setting, not the plots/writing.

how he lost was BS but darth maul's intro and the whole duel of fates sequence is the most memorable fight of the series. People still talk about him to this day. I really doubt Rey vs. Kylo Ren will get that same kind of treatment

You should of posted the prequel cartoons so people know you have good taste.

really?

>This
As far as the context is concerned the Prequel designes are fucking fantastic: They actually feel like predecessors to a lot of the OT tech, whereas the Sequel stuff just looks 'let's change the old stuff so we can sell it as new toys' stuff

>>Better cinemotagraphy

Just no. Sorry. No.
JJ can't into the star wars visual grammar established by Lucas Kershner and Marquand.Meanwhile JJ thinks he's doing a video for MTV in the nineties or some american anime shit. The framing alone is absolutely inferior to anything Lucas has done. Lucas composition are much more nuanced and subtle, clearly influenced by Kurosawa among a few others.
JJ is incapable of keeping a camera still for more than a few seconds. He can't do a single establishing shot without a cut ffs. The best shot in TFA is the tie silhouettes against the sunset, and it last 3 seconds maybe less. That should tell you something about how inferior his visual direction is. He can't even tell when he has something good.

Well I'll give you that
The prequel worlds are much more fantastic than the ones in the OT

>and the soundtracks were GOAT,
Post one track worth remembering

inb4 Duel of the Fates

>>Better acting >Better dialog
HAHAHA NO

never heard of it, IMO

It's only been like 10 years or some thing right? Why would you expect all new designs and not just updated versions? It makes sense realisticly.

If you honestly think anything in TFA is even remotely comparable to "I don't like sand" or "I WISH I could just WISH my feelings away!" you're fucking delusional

I disagree it worked very well and looked great. Everything was fast paced and you could feel it.

>Disney changes anything, creates new designs
>REEEE DISNEY KIKES CHANGING MUH STAR WARS CREATING NEW THINGS JUST TO SELL TOYS

>Disney keeps classic designs, but changes them up a bit, even incorporating original McQuarrie concept art
>REEEEE DISNEY JEWS NOT CHANGING ANYTHING TO CAPITALIZE ON NOSTALGIAFAGS

not that TFA is immune to criticism but 95% of Sup Forums's bitching and moaning about it has nothing to do with the movie itself, it's a vendetta against Disney and muh ess jay double (You) boogeyman.

"I don't like sand" makes sense given the character lived on a desert planet, and it was delivered in a way that made it seem believable.
TFA doesn't do that.

If you honestly think the "I'M ACTING!" girl is any good then you are fucking delusional.

The dialog was also absolute dogshit. The prequels had good dialog, which is why people like the political scenes, which are all about dialog.

>makes sense given the character lived on a desert planet
sure
>and it was delivered in a way that made it seem believable.
good god no

They never showed the ships in flattering angles in the movies. Republic warships >>>>>>

The malevolence of greivous in the CW was cool though

It was believable, do you honestly think he likes sand?

This is true. That thread was horrible.

>Sup Forums has devolved into praising the prequels
>Sup Forums now deflects the major issues with the series by simply saying REDDIT LETTER MEDIA or DISNEY SHILL

good god what has happened

I honestly thought he was a D-list actor saying terrible lines in front of a green screen.

user he's either joking or baiting. Don't fall for it.

Contrarians always eat themselves eventually.

I like the prequels because they allowed for the clone wars series to be created. There are a bunch of arcs in that show that are by far the best thing to come out of star wars.

i can't understand why people hate this one so much when actually is the most similar to the original trilogy, it has based Darth Maul and the Tatooine part is comfy

however, i think episode V and VI are actually kinda bad too, specially VI with maskless Vader and that fucking awful ending with the ewoks dancing and shit, what the fuck were they thinking?

episodes II and III are literal shit though

I like the story of the prequels I just wish they were cast better and directed by someone other than Lucas.

>Everything was fast paced and you could feel it.

No fucking shit. It felt like a spastic cokehead did the movie alongside a Alzheimer spasm prone cameraman. It's a ridiculous and an ugly AF style. But hey it's JJ, that's what he does we all knew that beforehand.

Why does some of the technology you see in the prequels look way more advanced than in the OT?

When you take out Jar Jar and kid anakin, TPM is a solid Star Wars flick. Real sets, CGI is dated but not obtrusive, it's still a whimsical fantasy adventure instead of a grimdark melodrama like the other two so it's easier to forgive flaws and hokey elements

the problem is that those two aspects make up a significant portion of the movie. The Phantom Edit does its best to rectify it and is a much better watch.

Because they aren't actually advanced.

>The Phantom Edit
The what?

A fan edit of TPM

>The prequel trilogy is a much more interesting setting than the original trilogy.
I don't really care if you're baiting or not, but as someone who was way more into the EU, the OT is boring as hell. I honestly don't know how anyone can say it's better than the prequels unless you're nostalgic.

>A fan edit
So its absolute dog shit.

Only commies like the original trilogy because they want to be sci-fi revolutionaries Che Guevara or Fidel.

True normal people like you and me prefer the prequels. Because it shows how democracy is retarded and will always, everytime, fail.

The Prequels biggest problem was George Lucas in the director and screenwriter chair. He should have been only the producer and idea guy.

Still better than the real movie :^)