I hope WWIII starts within next four years so I can join the Marine Corps as a machine gunner(0331) because of islam...

I hope WWIII starts within next four years so I can join the Marine Corps as a machine gunner(0331) because of islam. Would feel good af lighting them the fuck up with an m249 or mk19

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsamerica.com/Search.htm?T=M249S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give em hell!

You'll just be used to suppress, your riflemen will do most of the killing. Life ain't COD

>Marines
get a load of this guy

Alright bro calm down, maybe start by dumping your piss bottles

>implying shooting an MG full auto to scare the shit out of hajis as your buddies flank them and kill them isn't fun

Army fag wish he joined Marines instead

>shooting an MG full auto

fucking pleb, only plebs go full auto

It's not fun. It's actually terrifying when the bullets start flying and everyone is trying not to die. You idiots all play too much CoD, real fighting isn't how you think it is. It's stressful as fuck for every single person involved, why do you think most come back with mental issues and eventually suicide?

The SAW is the most casualty producing weapon organic to the rifle squad.

As a SAW gunner I shot more people than my entire squad did.
t. actual former infantryman

3-5 sec bursts broski

or you could like get a job and buy one like the rest of us, gunsamerica.com/Search.htm?T=M249S

This isn't Okinawa or even Vietnam. It was more dangerous to be in Chicago than it was Afghanistan or Iraq, per capita. We had 4,000 casualties over 10 years. If you get PTSD from fighting cave monkeys who aren't even sneaky like gooks you are an attention craving pussy.

>I can join the Marine Corps
>theyll take you

>actually wanting WWIII to happen
your life and your country will be ruined

SAWs were seeing less and less action and were potentially phased out of the combat situations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Army is working on that portable grenade launcher that can detonate shells after penetrating a solid wall or custom distances. Marines were much more likely to deploy with DMRs too

Tell that to the 20 or so veterans who blow their brains out every single day. Fighting isn't fun especially if you're frontline infantry. It's going to ruin your life, seriously consider it deeply.

Ww3 will never happen

>We had 4,000 casualties over 10 years

Out of total deployed, not total combat troops. The rate among Infantry and Cavalry was high.

Not as high as it had been in previous conflicts, mainly thanks to medical science, but it was high.

WWII veterans weren't offing themselves and that was the bloodiest war in human history. PTSD-induced suicides are a recent phenomena, probably from all the drugs the VA pumps them with.

The Marine Corps phased out the SAW years ago dumbass.

Many more were injured dude. Mostly because of modern medicine better equipment are causalities not high

The toss was argued over this, time and time again, and the people who had actually been there and done it came to the conclusion that the more automatic, sustainable fire a unit (from a brick through to a company) can put down the more effective it can be.

The GMPG allowed a platoon to hit out to around 1km, without the use of vehicle weapons. Man portable, belt fed machineguns will always be the main focus of an Infantry unit.

>inna army
>playing pretend inna woods
>all dressed up with reflectors
>mission: take fenced in warehouse
>being map guy #1 remember that fence has backdoor
>Lt nods approvingly
>I lead platoon toward backdoor entrence
>we enter full attackmode
>defenders doesn't have a clue about backdoor
>we do a combing manouver
>still on point
>walk up on 3 guys at SW corner
>click, click and click
>safety is on, I'm dead
>panic the safety, straight over singleshot onto full auto
>GLORIOUS BRAP OF FNC
>beeping all around, my vest aswell
>battle marshal approaches
>three guys are dead and butthurt that I used full auto
>while he is checking my vest stops beeping
>"Lucky guy user"

I later died trying a bullshit manuver to cover without backup and a proper exit.

But god dammit the area that's covered in lead with full auto

Why haven't any of you retards corrected this idiot. 0331 is a 240 position. Holy fuck is this bait real?

>All these authoritarian fags who can't wait to die in more pointless wars

Sup Forums is literally Good Goyim: The Board.

My Trijicon accupoint bible verse is John 12:46

"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

Based Jesus.

All enemy sights will be pointed at you once you let that baby rip.

Let them behold the hail of lead.

Spraying fully automatic fire at aggressive rag heads was the pinnacle of my military career. The feeling is incredible. You can actually see the freedom entering them. The experience is highly recommended.

Unfortunately you'll need to deal with years of mind numbing bullshit in order to get a chance at it.

If you were deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan in the previous two outings as an Infantry soldier you were getting shot at, simple as that.

WW2 was horrific, but in terms of actual men doing fighting it was a relatively low percentage. You were far more likely to be behind the lines. Entire Infantry divisions remained static, sat around in the USA or UK until after the war had ended.

The US military, as a whole, had la 2.5 percent fatality rate in WW2. You have 17 million men in service (the British Empire had roughly the same casualties to service ratio) and most of them are stripping radios, stacking blankets and lifting scabs. They aren't storming the beach with the knife betwen the teeth.

WWII soldiers weren't transported to hot spots by helicopters.

The average infantryman in the South Pacific during WWII saw about 40 days of combat in FOUR years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in ONE year.

It's tiresome and position broadcasting. Modern comms and air support, artillery or UAV, make engagement less confusing in an insurgency scenario.

In a conventional army vs conventional army I think tactics will once again pivot in a technological direction, thermal vision or the portable grenade launcher is what I'd want in my squad that is given attacking positions.

We would lose several thousand Marines in a single day landing on an island. Vietnam had 58,000 deaths over 10 years.

Now don't get me wrong the 50 call browning will always have a role in the war, but the only weapon that transfers that ability even remotely is the m240 which is quite cumbersome. I wanted to add that most of the advancements in the HK416 platform have nearly brought the AR to the SAW level of suppression

>It's tiresome
That's a reality of Infantry soldiering. Even if you took away the GPMG, or anything belt fed, you'd still be lugging around (from the top of my head), rockets, grenades, various tools you use only once, rifle, webbing, personal first aid, loose cartridges, magazines, claymores, water, batteries, demolition equipment, plate, pads, spare socks, gloves etc etc.

My marching order in Afghanistan was somewhere close to 180lb. Fighting order was roughly half of that. For the few pounds we'd save in weight with not having the gimpy, we'd have taken far more casualties and inflicted far fewer.

>Modern comms and air support, artillery or UAV, make engagement less confusing in an insurgency scenario.
I don't understand what you're getting at here.

> thermal vision or the portable grenade launcher is what I'd want in my squad that is given attacking positions.
We had a GMG (grenade machine gun) and when the thing wasn't failing to fire it was overshooting, or being underwhelming. Having an automatic grenade launcher sounds excellent, but when you actually see one in action you'd rather have a .50. The GPMG was better, too, and you could lug it around easier.

Thermal vision is all well and good but when you're out for weeks after being told to pack for days you'll either bash it, lose it or consider it pointless.

A heavy, durable, proven and cheap weapon with a range out to 1k and chambered in an intermediate cartridge does far more for any Infantry unit than an automatic grenade launcher or all the lads having fancy goggles.

KDR in Viet-nam was extremely US-sided too.

Initial engagements reported something like a ridiculous 10:1 KDR, grinding down to more like 2:1 (if you believe the figures) by the end of the war.

God bless user, hope you join up an pass muster. Can't wait until May when I finish my ENG degree and can enlist.

It's not particularly cumbersome. It's well balanced, resilient and easy to operate. I had no problems with it.

It's anecdotal, but I've seen the round exit halfway down the barrel, all the way down and then out the bottom, through a Minimi and that was after some moderate use. The GPMG could take 200 rapid if it wanted and have no issues.

I understand and respect your close insight on this, and the fact that the SAW guy effectively is a great excuse to take a ton of ammo with you to the field. But I still think it's a lot to do with the forces you're fighting, your reliance on this outdated piece of machinery. Let's say who you fought were always with a PkM, now who ever gets it set up faster and shoots towards the enemy has already your squad pinned. Either way someone is using artillery or support. Once again I'm acting the fool trying to tell you what's right is wrong, but that's my own thought. I think basically yeah you're an occupying force you might have some use for incredible firepower and spray so to say but still I would have my reservations if I was the one paying the bills for these guns whether they actually would work with a formidable foe or just clash and dud.

Fuck yeah me too. I have these dank logistics skills to keep the ammunition flowing to you like water.

Doesn't change the fact that they were under more combat.

The dead don't have PTSD