/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Undead Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #26

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-dead/
starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are they, /swco/?

Really angry.

I just wonder if they're corpses animated by the Force like puppets, or if they actually bind the souls of sisters who die and keep them handy in case they ever need them.

But yeah they're really super pissed off. Definitely not intelligent like the Nightsister apparitions.

About a 5/10 if I get drunk enough

Dude, that's someone's great great great great great great great great grandma you're getting a boner over.

Just had a cool thought. I assume Luke's Order wasn't as intertwined with the Republic as the prequel Jedi were since that partially led to their downfall. What if in Episode 8 Luke is trying to work with the First Order to seek a diplomatic solution to the conflict and it appears as if he's a traitor? Like what if him and Rey are going to meet a contact on a planet and all of a sudden a TIE-Fighter lands near them. Rey attempts to attack the pilot but Luke restrains her telling her that his contact was a Moff in the First Order that wants to see a peaceful solution to the conflict at hand. Then for the rest of the movie and Episode 8 (along with a lot of EU stuff) you could have Luke trying to use morally righteous Moffs to subvert the First Order into being more like the peaceful Imperial remnant from the EU.

Well, 5/10ths of a boner anyway.

All of your previous waifus have now been replaced by zombie nightsisters. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please enjoy your new waifus.

All the morally righteous Moffs were demoted/reprogrammed into being Force-Insensitive Darksiders.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

No, they weren't. There just weren't enough for them to have any function as peacekeepers. Bloodline had Luke fucking off away from everything else to raise his new Order in peace, which of course never came to fruition. This actually disturbed people before they found out that they were the kids of Vader since Leia was running for Super Senator and Luke was the head of a new Jedi "cult". After the revelation they were really not happy.

Does the First Order even have enough shit to Moff over?

Come on, Vader, we know you've considered this with Padme.

Whether or not to build their Mofference rooms bigger than the Empire's.
But not just slightly bigger, like REALLY bigger.

Yep. They have some fair bits of the Unknown Regions. They have resource worlds, factory worlds, etc. Still nothing like what they had as the Empire, of course, but they make due.

Also according to Bloodline some of the Senators and their worlds were considering leaving the New Republic and joining the FO. Mind you this was before the FO was public knowledge. It was a planned coup by a woman with connections to the FO and fellow like minded asshole senators in her pocket, but we never saw what came of her plan.

It would be an interesting story. To see just how far his grief would take him.

>in 8 and 9 Finn inspires Stormtroopers to rebel against the First Order
>Episode 9 ends with with reverse Order 66 where a bunch of Stormtroopers arrest the Tarkins and Huxs of the First Order and a new Supreme Leader announcing the creation of a constitution
>the First Order becomes like the Roman Empire where they basically go around fighting criminal enterprises and building hospitals and schools for Outer Rim worlds

>Vader II: Comic Boogaloo
>Wherein Vader hunts down Sabe, the decoy of the long ago Queen of Naboo
"H-hey, if I offered you a bunch of credits would you put on this Padme outfit and shake it a little."
"Sure, if you promise not to sob in your helmet like last time."

The Ghost team should have been the ones to get the Death Star plans

They were already present during the battle. We didn't need them on-planet. Do you really want them to all die that badly?

That sounds pretty neat, I'd watch it. And it's plausible too, given that Johnson pitched the Centrist/Populist split in the NR and is planning to build on that in VIII.

We know that not nearly all Centrists are fascist hardliners like Hux and whatshername from Bloodline. I could easily see the Core worlds like Coruscant supporting the FO to get back the position they had in the GR and the Empire, while also not being on board with the Unknown Region's FO Orwellian insanity.

And Luke's Jedi being actual scholars, ambassadors of peace, diplomats, instead of the Republic's stooges - perfect.

But realistically, I just expect Luke to deal with Kylo's bullshit, while all the galactic heavy lifting goes to Finn and the Resistance.

Yes.
>Zeb getting blown up by a grenade
>Kanan getting shot after hitting a switch
>Hera raging out after seeing Kanan die and going down in a blaze of glory
>Ezra and Sabine dying in each others arms as the planet explodes

A Jedi order that was about keeping peace between galactic forces instead of siding with one side would be great, but we can't have that because it goes against the OT.

SO does that make Rex K2?

Of course. Old clones taking on Stormtroopers will always be great.

Well with Bane they established that Dark Siders can root themselves to a place after death, and the witches are definitely a dark side organization
that combined with all their weird potions inherent to their planet its not surprising that they can have spirit animated corpses or possessing spirits

tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-dead/

>Well with Bane they established that Dark Siders can root themselves to a place after death
Bane was an illusion created by the Priestesses, though. He wasn't an actual spirit of any kind.

So just yesterday i finished my marathon of the PT and OT.
What should i watch next? (episode VII and RO aside) What is the chronological order of the cartoons?

aw really? i took it as sort of a perversion of the force ghost concept they were exploring in those eps. rather than excepting yourself and reaching a point of zen so that you can transcend your death and live on as a spirit you hold on to your corporeal point of death full of denial and negativity and become rooted to it existing as a haunting specter as opposed to the light side free wandering spirit

also as a clue to the greater plot of the clone wars and the nature of the Sith

watch the cartoons in production order

Clone Wars acts as a great in between for Eps 2 and 3 and Rouge One fits snugly RIGHT before Ep 4 and is a really great companion piece in that way

watch the prequel cartoons in production, don't watch droids or ewoks

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Bane was an illusion, not real. They weren't even subtle about it, Yoda flat said he was dead and gone to his face which dispelled him. It was a test. That's why when "Bane" was defeated it opened the way for Yoda to progress.

Besides, the Jedi were aware of the Rule of Two and felt the Sith were extinct. They knew Bane was dead. They would hardly have helped him "bind" himself to a new location.

Now Nightsisters, on the other hand, appear to have bound some of their sisters to a location, but they knew ways of the Force the Jedi and Sith didn't and were masters of manipulating Living Force. Even then the Nightsisters weren't Dark Side, they were neutral. They could rely on the Light and Dark Sides, and trained to use the Dark without succumbing to it. This is evident in how they behaved. They COULD be quite dark, but among their own kind they still had love and loyalty, things the Sith have no place for.

>Even then the Nightsisters weren't Dark Side, they were neutra
see THAT sounds like bullshit. Maybe its a 'not all nightsisters' things, but Asajj and Mauls clan were deffo darksiders. Ventress explicitly says as much when training Vos in the book, their ultimate text was to kill a force using beast using the dark side.
they just communed with the dark side and weren't all Sithy about it going around trying to grow their power and by creating imbalance by being dicks

Thank you all. The fact that CW had a movie made things more complicated, i suppose Rebels is more linear.

Also:

>Don't watch droids or ewoks

but these things are no longer canon right?

I'm fairly certain they're not canon, but a lot of the stuff i them still is, if that makes sense

Watch 2003 clone wars first so you know where TCW draws inspiration from

>don't watch droids or ewoks
Yeah, good point. Those are Youtube curiosities, not something to dedicate large amounts of time to. Other than that, production order.

>but these things are no longer canon right?
Who gives a toss? Stuff worth watching is worth watching, canon or not.
Those aren't worth watching though.

some of these pages have been updated, but there isn't even any info about it on wookieepedia or anywhere on the internet I've found

so far I've only spotted this one difference, but it's safe to assume there could be more I've missed. I only noticed this one because I was searching for the last page of the updated issue while having the old comic open.

i'm not sure how i'll be able to continue living on normally from here on out

Cinda Tarheel standalone movie when

I know TOR is not good but i liked how Jedis reacted to Light Side Siths, they really don't expect it

Who?

What is their reaction? I've not played TOR.

So how did the Jedi know about Bane and the Ro2? I assumed they thought the Sith were wiped 1000 years before.

The EU had a Sith lord going mad trying to reconcile Jedi and Sith teachings, leaking a lot of Sith secrets to the Jedi and destroying a ton of Sith holocrons and relics in the process.

I don't think that it was explained in the canon yet. They are probably waiting for a TOR movie or a Bane standalone.

They are really confused , not sure if if you a good guy in the Sith Empire or if you are messing with their minds. They really believe everyone in the empkre is a monster and you are completly shattering their expection

>lame_bane_joke.jpg

The Jedi had Jedi Starfighters even before the Separatist Crisis. So this means they used Jedi Starfighters for Jedi business and Republic transport for Republic business. Makes sense.

So good to see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan again. I can just hear their voices.

I'd pay extra for an Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon spin-off. They wouldn't even have to de-age Neeson and McGregor too much, they're in great shape.

It's a shame that barely anyone touched the TPM era even in the old EU. I've always been fascinated by it, the delusion and denial of the gilded age, hiding a rotten heart beneath. You have the extraordinary corruption, conflicts popping up everywhere and the tensions brewing, the Jedi being smug bastards. Everything is shining and perfect at the first glance, but only just barely masking the absolute decay beneath.

Tell me again, why do we need a Han Solo spin-off?

Was Sheev a good ruler and politician?

He was a good friend.

no
he put all his eggs in one basket with the death star and nearly destroyed the empire

> I've always been fascinated by it, the delusion and denial of the gilded age, hiding a rotten heart beneath.

> Everything is shining and perfect at the first glance, but only just barely masking the absolute decay beneath.

Tfw the aesthetics of the Prequels were the literal visual definition of nostalgia and seeing the past through rose colored glasses but it's not "lived in" enough for OT purists

That was the point. The aesthetics of the OT was the reality of the future they lived in, whereas those of the PT were the fantasy quashing the reality into a subservient position. That said, I'd live in the Prequel era, no doubt.

A masterful politician, certainly. But as soon as he could rule without his hands just barely tied by the Senate, he became too complacent for his own good.

Putting everything he had on the Death Star was his biggest mistake, and not noticing that Vader was getting conflicted over the Dark Side was his second biggest

Well, to be fair, actual rulership was never his primary interest. The Empire was only ever a tool to an even greater end. His concern with politics only ever lasted when it served him best.

This, we never saw the Republic and Jedi in their prime, we saw them during their final dying years.

I hope we get some anthology movie set before TPM about the Jedi.
I really just want a fun casual adventure about some new Jedi with a story that doesn't really have a big impact as a whole, just something small and personal. Would be comfy.

Hello is this the hyperautism thread?

Yes, may I take your order?

>just something small and personal
This in general would be neat. It doesn't have to be saving the galaxy every time.

I'd like a plate full of prequel defender greasy sweat, some boiled sperging EU autism and a side order of cartoon waifuposting. And as a drink, Lucas' tears when he realizes that he sold his '''baby''' and he hasn't directed a barely decent film in almost 40 years.

Post cute boys.

That's called a TV show episode.

Who?

>Tell me again, why do we need a Han Solo spin-off?

We don't need it.

What is he, /swco/?

The man who jobbed to a teen girl, that's who

mad

a jew

A moron.

Please christ my body needs this.

When is next Rebel episode?

The noble descendent of a proud warrior people

>the First Order becomes the Fel Empire from Legacy
Man I can dig it.

>TOR movie
Tell this guy he's dreaming.

January 7th

not mandalorian

Who is?

Yes she is
It's canon
Just like Boba Fett
:^)

>>the First Order becomes the Fel Empire from Legacy

It would be awesome but i guess JJ will be triggered to see his own invention disappear.

First order is just here to make people think Galaxy's political situation has changed.

Nobody who matters when it comes to decision making read the EU.

What a nice .gif you have there user. Gr8 for memes.

why does she look like a monkey

I don't see it. I say she looks more like a chipmunk

I always called her hamsterface but somebody posted an image edit of her with rabbit ears chewing on carrots I wish I saved it

considering the second got him killed, I'd say that was his biggest mistake.

Her lower face looks like it projects further than her upper face

Just popping in to remind everyone that Mike Stoklasa is a pleb of the highest order who turned off 'The Lobster' halfway through because it was "boring".

GOd I love this pic

Someone is extremely asspained