Cybertron goes to war with Gem Homeworld

Which oddly-gendered space-mineral wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LOOyLBpr3PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K424Dmj0jTc
outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/14-fiction-profiles/2919-steven-universe
tfwiki.net/wiki/Phase_Sixer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Transformers cuz they come from a time before gender issues, so don't give 2 shits

>this thread again

Transformers seem to have greater raw firepower/defence, gems have a bunch of mystic artifacts which could do crazy stuff.

Gem bodies are just projections so Optimus will not be able to take their faces.

Optimus' superpower is taking faces
He'll find a way

but Megatron can shatter them and have TWO PIECES or more

>Gems are light bodies around a mineral core
>Transformers are mineral bodies around a light core
really makes you think

they all fuck

Hype line.

Transformers also have mystic artifacts, one capable of defeating planet sized gods.

what if the matrix was a gem all along

Are we talking cartoon Cybertron or movie Cybertron?

If it's cartoon Cybertron, nobody wins. Autobots don't kill and Decepticons are too inept. It'll either be a stalemate that lasts ten million years or Optimus will give a beautiful speech about freedom and the Diamonds will be so moved by it that they'll fuck off back to their own galaxy.

If it's movie Cybertron, I dunno. Autobots murder, Decpeticons murder, both sides are mentally unstable. Gems rely less on bullets and explosives, and more on just tearing people to shreds in melee -a tactic that we've seen movie Cybertronians are incredibly weak to. Plus, Gems have fusions; there's no way the Autobots or Decpeticons could stand up to a Trypticon-sized Jasper. Lots of gruesome deaths for all involved, but the Gems will win it.

The Cybertrons have multiple different weapons and beings that could wipe out a planet in a matter of minutes or hours. I feel if they were losing it would turn into 'leave planet and raze the fucker till the surface turns to glass'

Are gems susceptible to dark energon?

Now, when you say "Movie" Cybertron, do you mean live action movies or the feature cartoon film movies?

Cause the cartoon film had Decipticons be straight up fucking brutal, and Autobots killed right back at them and could go to town when it needs to be. Also, they could totally take a Trypticon sized Jasper, and super easy. They have a way to fight that.

It's fucking called Trypticon.

Unicron eats both planets.

Money's on the guys who can transform into jets, tanks, construction vehicles, cars, and death rays

Plus the constructions, combaticons, Omega Supreme, Tidal Wave, Lugnut's punch of kill everything, Animated Lockdown's EMP generator, Sixshot, the Dinobots, and Metroplex. There are a shit ton of combiners, teams, and individuals who can fight whole gem armies.

Hell, Soundwave, the lame tapedeck, can probably find the resonance frequency of the gems and shatter them.

I feel like the cybertronians are individually more powerful, but the Gems have a bunch of advantages in the fight as a faction.

Gems are generally harder to kill than transformers are. Which sounds fucking weird, but its true. The robots simply carry weapons that are too big to accurately pinpoint the very small targets that are the gem cores. So the gems are much more likely to poof than they are to shatter from the transformer attacks.

The key difference here is how such battle damage is treated by both sides. A damaged transformer needs physical materials and repair facilities to get back up to fighting shape. A gem just needs time, and they can reform their body like it was new. On top of that, the Gems can bubble each other and teleport them back home. So poofed gems can be quickly and instantly removed from the battlefield to regenerate in safety.

The logistical impact of this is huge. The gems can afford to take massive 'casualties' in the form of poofed gems because they are easily recovered and sent back out to fight. But the battle damage that transformers take is real.

And fusions basically form an extra lives system. Fusions big enough to fight the transformers head-on are possible, and if damaged enough to 'die' they just split back into the individual gems that formed them, which can then run away or rally.

This makes the gems very well suited towards hit and run tactics and wars of attrition that cost the transformers dearly and the gems basically not at all. The fact that they start off small (by transformer standards) also means that laying in ambush and running into tunnels that the transformers cannot follow is pretty damn easy for them.

Its a hell of an enemy to try and fight.

The gems will cry. Megatron will destroy. Shockwave will conduct experiments on POWs and make a new race of transformer gem hybrids. Would watch.

Cybertron, easily. They have robots who are expressly created for the sole purpose of wiping out entire planets. Singlehandedly.

Here comes a new challenger
youtube.com/watch?v=LOOyLBpr3PQ

The Cybertronians have lots of artifacts too, actually.

"A horde of pastel colored rhinestones are coming to siege Kaon? Don't make me laugh, Starscream; they are not a threat. Soundwave, send out a rally point to our troops and prepare for assault! Now is the time to show these upstarts how to wage a true galactic war! DECEPTICONS TRANSFORM AND RISE UP!!!"

Not even their commercials can compare to the Transformers. youtube.com/watch?v=K424Dmj0jTc

For some reason OBD says Gems have MFTL reaction timing and are Country level destroyers.
Can anyone verify this?
outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/14-fiction-profiles/2919-steven-universe

Gems are beaten and turned into Energon.

We don't really know much about Gemworld beyond just hype.

If it's a pure Transformer Vs. Gems no weapons/no actual war then Transformers would easily win since Gems themselves while strong and can shapshift seem to be able to be defeated fairly easily if you knock them out at the right weak points.

The ones from '07-'09 would goddamn obliterate the gems, because both the autobots and decepticons would kill a bitch, it's just a matter of sheer luck and betrayal that the autobots survived their first encounter with Megatron, later on they got better, but that series was brutal.

possibly only megatron seems to be able to handle it

I've gotta agree with this guy. Not to mention the rate by which they can reproduce with entire planets being used up to create an generation of Gems. AND the tech levels Homeworld may have. They had time travel, teleportation, and FTL intergalactic travel 5000 years ago, imagine what they have now.

I actually want to see this now.

they might have overextended themselves recently and not have the resources or manpower to launch major military campaigns

The gems generally have superhuman strength, speed, toughness and reaction time. I'm not sure they react faster than light, though they do dodge lasers and energy beams with some frequency so take that as you will.

As for country level destruction... its possible. Certain tools like the 'Shooting Star' are basically magical nukes. But on top of that, certain gems have powersets that can be abused to an absurd degree.

Lapis, for example, can control water. The episode after she is introduced, she takes control of all of the water in earth's combined oceans to assemble it into a physical tower reaching up into space in a desperate attempt to escape the Earth. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see her using that ability to wipe out all human civilization on the planet single-handedly. Just flood and destroy everything like a giant eraser swiping across the surface of the planet.

A major plot point in later episodes is an ancient Gem experiment to take the corpses of thousands of destroyed gems and force them together to create a giant-planet sized idiot monster that 'hatches' deep in the mantle of the Earth, growing so large and so fast that it destroys the world from within. Its successfully disarmed before it 'wakes up', but I'm not sure how else you fight something like that.

>a giant-planet sized idiot monster that 'hatches' deep in the mantle of the Earth, growing so large and so fast that it destroys the world from within

Oh, so TF Prime Unicron then.

Transformers has Unicorn, a mechanical planet that eats other planets and turns into an even bigger Transformer

Not to mention some versions of Primus, Unicron's twin and God for cybertronians

Sure. Now imagine a galactic civilization that can build their own Unicorn, and is big enough to do so and leave it buried in a failed colony world and forget about it until they are reminded that the colony world is still being an upstart shit 5000 years later.

There is only the one Unicron. Homeworld can always make another Cluster Geo-weapon.

Unicron is a dark god with ethereal powers over the dead corrupted by dark energon and his minions. He's one of the oldest beings the transformers franchise and is a multiversal constant.
The cluster by comparison is an experimental weapon behind in development. We don't know how long it took to be made.

It takes centuries to make one Cluster, and even then it was a prototype. The smaller cluster teats showed that whatever would come out would be a mindless abomination. Unicorn is a thinking machine that eats planets, is covered in countless weapons, in some depictions he is a god like being, can empower other transformers to make them stronger and again, eats planets. I doubt a planet sized chunk of minerals can threaten a larger than a planet, planet eating machine

>Unicorn
What is this, Gundam?
All kidding aside: Unicron is pretty much always shown as being a godlike being with the ability to empower Cybertronians, making them stronger.

Amethyst can turn into a helicopter, I wouldn't say it's much of a stretch that Gems can turn into pretty much everything.

It's shown that the Gems transformations don't alter their abilities beyond flight or things like that. They can't transform guns on their bodies and shoot things. Unlike a transformer.

>Multiversal Constant
>Except in G1 where he is literally built by a monkey

Aside from Unicron, are there any other Transformers notable for being country/continent/planet level destroyers?

Cybertron Primus and maybe the original 13 primes collectively for the continental level+.

Still leagues above anything in SU currently.

Transformers. I give it to Transformers against almost anyone. At this point, their culture is warfare and nothing else.

>Start out with a race of giant robots
>Have them wage bitter civil war for millions of years
>What you have left after all this time is the deadliest army in the universe

Apparently these guys were used in the final stages to conquer worlds
tfwiki.net/wiki/Phase_Sixer

Metroplex is a literal city. Primus is also up there

The IDW comics have this line of thinking too, there's a whole galactic community and most of them hate and fear cybertronians.

It kills humans and Transformers. So yes, I say it does. It's the blood of Satan's employer.

If a simple drop cracks Amethyst, then a barrage by Decepticon area effect weapons would kill her.

Amy is an expert shapeshifter, she does it all the time.
>TFW Amethyst is literally the best shapeshifter of her entire species without realizing it
Garnet, on the other hand, rarely shapeshifts and Pearl never does.

Phase Sixers are said to be able to 'shave an inch off an entire planet'. And Thunderwing, here, is even worse. He laid waste to the planet Nebulos in a few hours.

Trypticon might count, too. In IDW he is not just a Decepticon, he is described as the 'spawn of Mortilus'. Mortilus was the Cybertronians' God of Death.
He stands several miles tall. He could destroy a large city simply by taking a leisurely stroll through it.

Gems can be shattered by a hand held pile bunker, they ain't anything special

Of course, there is another thing.

One of the thirteen Primes was called Amalgamous. He was the ancestor/ creator of the Shifters, like Micronus was to the Titan Masters (And Minicons, and Micromasters, and whatever), and Onyx to the Beastformers, and presumably Solus to the females.

Shifters are omnitransformers; they don't just switch between modes, they can change into anything at all. This ability has a drawback: the more they change, the more difficult it becomes to hold on to their original identity.

So... the Gems could be a tribe of Shifters who evolved into something entirely new. Hell, you could take it a step further and say they were an experiment by Amalgamous and Solus to create a more stable species of Shifters and that is why they are all female.

A hand-held pile bunker designed and worked by Bismuth. A human might not even be capable of lifting it.

The point is, it was literally just a pile bunker. If that could shatter a Gem and was considered a horrifying weapon that could turn the tides against Homeworld, Cybertronian weaponry would turn Gem soldiers to dust

And primus and whatever the eaarth transformer's name is defeats them all.

Give Sixshot the Apex armor from Prime and drop him on homeworld.

Holy shit, this is why Megatron is boss.

Multiversal singularities don't exist in the TF multiverse anymore. Universes can have their own unique Unicron, or no Unicron at all.

It starts with the Transformers winning, however Starscream decides to kill their leader and take over 2/3 of the way through the war. Following that, it takes him roughly 15 minutes to completely job the whole thing and deliver victory to the Gems on a silver platter.

Depends on which Starscream. IDW Starscream has been running Cybertron decently well for a while now.

I'd again like to point out that Transformers get into some crazy shenanigans.

But soundwave would rebuild megatron and help him take over starscream's leadership.

Well this post made my day.

Only Bismuth thought they would turn the tide.

If anything, using them would have had Homeworld put more horrific things to use.

Only because a whole lot of other people are invested in ensuring that Cybertron continues to run. If the Autobots pulled their support from under him, his government would collapse quickly.

Remember when he "ran" the Decepticons after All Hail Megatron ended?

>Cybertronian weaponry would turn Gem soldiers to dust

Of that I have no doubt. There is no indication the actual gemstones themselves are extra-sturdy.

>whatever the eaarth transformer's name is

...Earth is not a Transformer in any continuity, although Unicron formed the core of the planet in 'Transformers Prime'.

Bismuth was a Homeworld obsessed war smith. If anyone knew how to crush Homeworld, it was her. The point being, if that could be a credible threat to the Gems, theres no way Gem soldiers would stand up against the sheer fire power of Cybertronian weaponry, not even the Cybertronian's battle ships, the soldiers themselves!

>put more horrific things to use
More horrific than the wave of sound and light that irreparably transformed whoever experienced it into a gibbering monster? I don't really believe you.

...One might wonder how perfect Rose's shield was.

I can picture Shockwave or some other decepticon scientist making a device to induce gem corruption or sonic cannon to shatter gems.

Technically Bismuth was a construction worker.

>...Earth is not a Transformer in any continuity,

Don't even need anything that crazy, just get some kind of concussive projectile, either that actually shoots solid matter, or just a solid light weapon, it doesn't even have to be that powerful, the Gems poof from a stiff punch and their actual gems crack from falling off a counter.

>teeny tiny Africa
>fuck huge Italy, Japan and US

You're right and that would probably fit better with Shockwave since he was all about efficency and logic. Though I could see Megatron commission a sonic resonance cannon to shatter gems.

Who turned into a war smith fighting alongside Rose Quarts, and built everything the Crystal Gem rebels used to fight back

>...Earth is not a Transformer in any continuity
Along with there's also this from the Shattered Glass continuity.

I think Pangaea would have been a better name than Pangaiden

Homeworld gets kicked like Sicily

>Homeworld tries to use the Cluster
>Earth turns into Pangaiden
>Burns the Cluster in it's belly like coal for fuel to kick Homeworld in their solid light cunts

Dude

good job reading the thread, fuckwad

I read this in his voice!

Hmm... do you think there's any Energon to mine on Homeworld?