Is everyone who is raving about Blade Runner 2049 a shill on here? Have you people even seen this movie...

Is everyone who is raving about Blade Runner 2049 a shill on here? Have you people even seen this movie? I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was pretty dull. I guess I wouldn't have thought it was as bad if the plot wasn't a complete joke and the film overall so uninteresting.

t. Marvel brainlet

It's not even bait at this point dude. Everyone's already seen it and knows of its kino.

I found flaws in it but being "dull" was not one of them, Fuck off shill

If this is bait, its not very good
If you are sincere, you are actually stupid, I'm very sorry

yeah it was trash. reddit love it though

The movie just bad

90% are plebbitors calling everyone brainlets and the other 10% are legit paid shills

If this movie was getting heavily praised in reviews, then rebbit wouldn't have latched on to it so hard. Since it's getting trashed, they get to be snowflakes by liking it

Give it a year and everyone will unanimously agree it's shit

>pretty dull
Neck yourself

t. Coping brainlet

*Inhales*
HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

this. Fans of the original are quiet right now

underage fag

>If this movie was getting heavily praised in reviews, then rebbit wouldn't have latched on to it so hard.

Lmao. This movie exceeds the original in nearly every way

It left something to be desired but was overall enjoyable, i like futuristic worlds i find that to be the most appealing apart about the Blade Runner movies anyway so i was not disappointed.

I luv gen fites to anun heh

fury road didn't just take mad max to the next level.. it elevated the action genre. if only 2049 had done the same. god what a wasted opportunity

>he’s a plotfag

I like the original movie's aesthetic more

how to spot a plebbitor

It's so easy to tell the bait threads from shitposters who haven't watched it. No actual criticism. Replace 'Blade Runner 2049' with literally any movie title and your post would be the same

Anyone who says 2049 is a good film, let alone better than the original Blade Runner is a numale faggot.

2049 it the definition of pseudo intellectual trash. Any film that's glacially paced with long takes is automatically "kino" to you morons. If you too Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and played it in IMAX at 50% slower speed you would all be praising it as some cinematic masterpiece.

Even as I type this you morons are gushing over The Last Jedi trailer and posting picture of LOTR orcs and saying "KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!"

Fucking sad. Fucking sad.

did anyone else notice "up and to the left" was where the movie had the intro exposition take place

>i only watch patrician films, for patricians like myself

Fucking second-hand embarrassment tier

I watch and enjoy all kinds of films. But I'm not praising every mediocre borderline arthouse scifi flick as kino.

>Give it a year and everyone will unanimously agree it's shit
this
happened with tfa and mad maxine

Being this fucking assblasted over nothing, jesus

they went from a neo-noir, hardboiled, Humphrey Bogart like detective science fiction, to Sicario in the future

Just wait for Star Wars pleb

Everyone still loves Mad Max you mong

yeah the plebs and sjws

This. Exactly this.

No literally everyone except contrarian shitposters on Sup Forums

yeah the plebs and sjws. everyone else can see through its dirty feminist agenda

If anything this is MORE noir-like.

>It’s an actual fucking detective story.
>You have your Femme Fatale and Attrape in Luv and Joi (and to an extent, Mackenzie Davis).
>There’s a strong emphasis on silhouette lighting.
>It’s a tragedy for K

It's just like when S5 BrBa was premiering. Every insect crawled out to sing its praises. Doesn't matter now that BrBa has gone down as mediocre to non-plebs.

This flick is every bit as forgettable. But reddit fedoras won't stop waxing philosophical about it for several weeks. Insufferable to be sure, but kind of entertaining, if repetitive.

Cinematography, editing, most acting and sound design are absolute god tier. Story is kinda shitty. Some really terrible scenes and characters.

>Rachel scene absolutely fucking shit and unnecessary.
>I though Ford was gonna blow the movie due to not caring but he was ok, the problem is Deckart being so terribly written.
>Luv is the main villain and he's fucking shit.
>"I'm the best motivation" is anime tier
>Rachel and Deckart being a family is the worst place you could possibly move the story
>Massive plot hole. Why the fuck can K free think as much as he can? He's a new nexus.

When TFA and Rogue One came out, the kino-fags came out in droves to defend them. Any dissenters were accused of wearing nostalgia goggles and called "gramps".

To be fair breaking bad went down the drain as soon as the gay chicken man showed and every other line was an ebin one liner

so how did Luv got not only once but twice to the LAPD HQ and just killed them?

>Is everyone who is raving about Blade Runner 2049 a shill on here?
Bingo

And why did she let K live after the hotel raid? She killed everyone else in her path, but let him live with just enough time to ruin her plans.
>inb4 some kinofag says she loved K or some shit like that

She had enough to having him suffer for losing his waifu as he bled to death, because she's a sadistic cunt.

Shut up you cuck

This is a masterpiece of modern cinema

Shit answer. Why would she leave alive an elite Nexus model who now has a reason to come after her and Wallace? It's so fucking illogical. A human villain would be stupid to do that, let alone a replicant villain.

>let alone a replicant villain.
This is the key piece of evidence. She's a replicant supremacist, she cries when Wallace kills her own kind. She obviously respected K and decided to let him live. K is the cuck in this equation. He has no alliance to neither human nor robot.

Why did K had Anna's memories tho

Let me guess, you're a fan of nihilism?

If so, you probably disliked the movie.

what are some other examples of high cinema from the 2010s according to you?

>pretty dull
>he's expecting an action movie

>making shit up
Dude, you guys sound pathetic. This is like the 3rd answer I've heard for this scenario. And they're all bullshit. It's just shit writing. They needed K to be alive, so the writer just left him alive without any logical thought behind it.

Blade Runner wasn't an action movie and it wasn't dull. 2049 has Denis Villenuserear doing his normal glacially paced filming/editing with long dramatic pauses, slow dialog, and characters staring into space every fucking scene.

>expecting every element of the film to be spoon fed to you like you’re a 5 year old.

im with this user it's supposed to be that way just like the original

I assumed K was the made up boy who was in all the documents and records (the daughters fake sibling), I figured it was like Letos character said, something to Deckard about only being made for one purpose, only being there to fall in love with Rachel, to bring about the half replicant (his daughter), but he mentioned something about others being made for one great purpose or something, I thought it was a reference or implication to K being made to solve everything and reunite them or some shit.
idk, the only alternative is that it was a huge coincidence that he got her memories and then ended up being a Blade Runner and going to where Rachel was buried.

Even if you think the slow pacing is boring the movie gives you SO MUCH to simmer over visually and existentially that by the time the movie was over I almost felt exhausted with how much there was in it.

It's objectively not dull in the slightest. And no I'm not a shill, I'm just a guy who likes movies.

>herr derr I'm a numale faggot that doesn't need to know why the main villain (a fucking murderous replicant who kills literally everyone) lets the main protagonist live for no fucking reason. Oh and said main protagonist had a reason to go after the main villain after she killed his holo girlfriend.

It must be sad to be you.

the scene where Gosling goes down to the basement of the factory and gets the horse was fucking hell
we knew exactly what he was going to find and it took Villanueva 10 minutes to show us, and the fucking music my god, why is he acting like a horror music with this blaring Vangelis track, wtf

What's the point of Gaff in the original? All he does is follow Deckard around making rude origami figures.

>SO MUCH to simmer over visually
Blade Runners visuals were better. This was literally "Fog and Orange: The Movie". Even the cop cars in the original Blade Runner looked m more badass.

You seem like you have a lot invested in this to the point that you’re getting really upset. Should probably log off and cool
down for a bit.

they missed their box office target. gotta make it up somehow

he seemed like less than a character actor in the original, like he was just there to be a strange figure in a strange futuristic world, I have no idea why he gets treatment in this like he was Deckards best buddy

How do we make a time machine and get a good blade runner 2049 from an actual artist like scott or even refn

>most interesting character/actor/face in the movie
>gets on full minute
nice job, Villanueva, the asian guy in the original got more than that, and he had the same appeal

I wonder if the same thing will happen for the next Jurassic Park movie. There seems to be way for pleb parasites on this board now

It's insane to me how redditors like you jump through hoops to defend nonsense.

I like that they are different, the original felt much more dense, while this one revelled in the vastness of the world, while still maintaining a somewhat claustrophobic vibe.

Projection is a hell of a drug

>I wonder if the same thing will happen for the next Jurassic Park movie.
It happened with the last Jurassic Park movie, so I'm sure it will happen again.

>mad fury road max
What did they mean by this?

No, like, literally everyone except contrarian shitposters ie: you.

Fury road was objectively a fantastic action movie then, now, and will be in the future.

Reddit upvotes (the shit you're addicted to) is a hell of a drug, too.

marvel is mostly stupid with cheap visuals

this is completely stupid with nice visuals

fury road is a disgusting videogame masquerading as a film

Really though, the amount of emphasis you seem to be putting on this one point in light of the rest of the movie is a little weird. I see now that it's been pointed out that it's a little odd that she didn't kill him, maybe the writers knew why, maybe they didn't, but I don't think that necessarily means that any audience interpretation should be null and void in favour of "it's just bad writing" There are times when 'plot holes' such as this are agregious and lower a film's quality, but I don't think this is one of those times.

It's an easy point to gloss over and when you think about it there are many plausible reasons why she didn't kill him. So really it's not that big of a deal and even if it was, the rest of the movie is so good that it wouldn't matter much anyway.

>This is a masterpiece of modern cinema

not really something to be proud of

Why is it pseudo-intellectual?

t. Anita

It's a humongous point in the film. The script is literally "lol, just leave him alive so he can come back, even though he would be killed under any normal circumstance".
It's amazing how this lazy writing is being hailed as kino by you fags.

>Even as I type this you morons are gushing over The Last Jedi trailer and posting picture of LOTR orcs and saying "KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!"
how do we save Sup Forums from the post bane scum?

Because he's dying and has no means to come back.

>fog and orange the movie

that's really dismissive. There was much much more to it than that and you know it. Sometimes restraint is the best option and I think 2049 had a perfect amount of density and sparseness. but even then, sparse is a harsh word to use here because 2049 was very dense with details. Blade Runner might have been even more so but not necessarily to its benefit. That's not to say I think it looked worse, I just appreciate that the two films are distinct but share a lot of similarities visually.
It's nice to be able to appreciate different things every now and then, you don't have to choose one to like and then shit on everything else you know...

>let him live

She fatally wounded him and they both knew it. He seriously falls over slumped on his knees defeated. There was no point in wasting time further when the most critical person in the world to her was about to drown.

You're saying words but all I can hear is the crackling cinders of your fire-blasted ass.

>humongous point in the film

Now you're just being an idiot. Don't get hung up on stupid shit.

>all I can hear is the crackling cinders of your fire-blasted ass.
you haven't seen anything. you should have been here when it came out and iqlets like you claimed it wasn't feminist trash

you should probably go watch the Avengers, it might be more your speed

>not liking fury road because of "feminism"
can't you goddamn faggots take the tinfoil off your head long enough to appreciate anything good in this world? fuck

>humongous point
weapons-grade autism

>I thought it was pretty dull.
Retire yourself.

>tinfoil
>patriarchy controls all resources
>imperator furiosa (affirmative action/women's rights)
>morbidly obese women generating milk because women who have children are yucky breeders
>antagonist's unwilling brides are all skinny and more attractive than other women in the movie
>one-armed woman in charge of war machine and troops
>max crucified to vehicle (christianity is evil and part of patriarchy)
>3 main antagonists: joe, bullet farmer, gas town "people eater" (patriarchy, military industrial complex, capitalism)
>both of joe's sons dissabled in some way (eww don't have kids, it's yucky and they'll be retarded)
>war boy Nux (men) gets accused by women of having destroyed the world, tossed out of truck
>pregnant wife puts her own baby between joe's bullet and truck (abortion)
>pregnant wife falls from truck, dies a few hours later from injury (don't marry and reproduce or your life is over)
>side character named max is big and burly but can barely fight a scrawny one-armed woman
>side character max bests woman only when he gets a gun and places it to her head (gun control. also, Theron's father killed her mother with a gun in south africa)
>bullet farmer nearly kills all women (gun control again)
>max has to wash blood from his face using breast milk (motherhood is the death of happiness)
>Nux is rehabilitated and now a male feminist
>group of amazon lesbians setting traps for men in desert
>women able to live in sand filled void because MUH STRONK WOMYN
>old women in desert shoot better than war boys who have constant practice in raids
>old woman has a bag of seeds (hope)
>side character max wants to retake joe's citadel because it is unguarded
>convoy turns around (leftist revision history)
>people eater (capitalism) fat old bald man with gold nipple piercings, has to be lifted to his vehicle on the backs of poor
>desert lesbian amazons making perfect headshots from speeding vehicle on uneven terrain

>polecat minion plucks woman from her friends, delivers her to patriarchy
>desert lesbian amazons fall from motorcycle and dodge speeding vehicles
>amazon grabs rifle, continues to make perfect shots
>finally run over by people eater (capitalism as he takes control of the wheel and purposely kills woman)
>pursuit vehicles use harpoons and plows to try to slow truck (patriarchy holding back women's rights)
>max and nux now male feminists must help their women leaders
>max nearly falls from truck, charlize grabs him with the sheer might of her robot arm and strong will can hold up man three times her weight without prosthetic arm flying off
>max's v8 interceptor destroyed (manhood and patriarchy destroyed while saved by a woman)
>furiosa survives stab in gut by evil man
>nux given command of truck as furiosa jumps to joe's car
>max uses people eater as human shield against joe's bullets (using patriarchy to destroy capitalism via male feminist)
>max jumps to safety of women as capitalism explodes
>joe's massive son corpus fooled by woman who helps her get furiosa to joe's car
>max fights giant corpus
>furiosa rips mouth from joe (patriarchy no longer has say in women's lives)
>women quickly leave war machine for joe's leadership vehicle
>blonde wife takes seeds from old lesbian who is now dead but smiling
>nux sacrifices life to destroy war truck, corpus, and stop pursuing vehicles and thereby serve women
>gang returns to citadel, present dead patriarchy, toss him from hood where legions of poor tear his body apart
>intelligent but disabled son of joe pressured to let furiosa and brides up to citadel via lift
>he allows them up, they ascend to paradise while the poor are allowed to come up with them (open borders to promised land)
>furiosa looks down at sea of poor, sees side character max look up at her as he disappears into obscurity

and this is off the top of my head. thinking back, there are plenty of things i forgot to mention like the brides arguing about moving on after the pregnant one, splendid, fell from the truck and died. the dark haired bride (hispanic or muslim) wants to go back to the patriarchy but the white ones explain to her that they must be strong and go on without men

it's a modern action movie, but it's not a mad max movie since he's just a side character. it's a feminism action movie with the max name to get more people in seats, specifically men who need to be taught the glory of feminism and self-sacrifice to push feminist goals. in the beginning of the movie, max was used as an unwilling blood bag for nnux. towards the end, he willingly becomes a blood bag for furiosa to keep her alive

like it if you want, just be aware of what you're seeing, this is cold war era style propaganda and you paid how much ever to be indoctrinated

its more kino than your star wars rehashes, come back when you understand what kino is

>I'll prove I'm not insane and paranoid by writing an insane and paranoid rant.
Well I guess you showed me.

>he doesn't know how to read film
i'm sure you'll spout kino left and right though

This