I want to start watching house of cards

Should I start with recent episodes or from the beginning?

Watch Sons of Anarchy instead, KEK

Watch season two first, then one, then season three backwards like a count down.

I...uhhhh.....No I can't advise to that.
I'd just say start from the beginning and catch up while new episodes are coming out

Always watch the latest episode first so you can talk about it with your Sup Forums bros, then watch backwards from there until you get to the first episode.

>not watching a series from the start
why?

Start from the beginning then stop after he actually becomes president the show goes to shit after that

Watch seasons 1 and 2, they are kino. Assume the series ends there.

The clinton cartel show isn't that good honestly

this, it's just garbage from s3 on

>Should I start with recent episodes
You should kill yourself

why did the show runner leave after season 4?

season 1 and 2 are god tier
3 is shit
4 improves and gives hope for return to form
5 is shit

The moment that super hacker character showed up, the show turned to complete schlock.

Watch the UK House of Cards. Francis Urquhart >>>> Francis Underwood.
If you absolutely have to watch the US version, what said, there is no season 3.

Machete order:

3, 4, 2, 1, 5, 2 again

I couldn't finish season 5, I'm beyond words. It really pissed me off how, after Frank becomes president, the quality took a fucking nosedive. They put Frank in the perfect spot to create engaging stories and they waste almost all that time with marriage issues. Besides that, the pacing got awful, that goddamn election took waaay too much time to end.

this, unironically.

/thread

t. idiot who wasted 13 fucking hours on season 5.

It's pretty great for the first two see seasons, but stop after Frank gets the presidency. The writing gets really shitty really fast after that, and it becomes a trippy femdom/cuckold fantasy with wired Mary Sue shit for Claire and her new original donut steel Gary Stue bull.

Just watch the whole thing. Start at the beginning, obviously, as it's serialized. Season 3 is bad, just force your way through it. Season 4 is good, season 5 is inconsistent and ends on a weird/bad note. Don't let the contrarians convince you otherwise, it's a good show through and through (minus season 3).

desu they should have made it about him taking over the world instead of just some stupid bullshit about maintaining his position

the whole point of the show was its momentum, it had nooothing else

House of Card is shit, but the answer to "where should I start" is ALWAYS the beginning for every TV show. You should fucking kill yourself for even asking. I'm being serious too. Kill yourself.

>Frank becomes Prime Minister of Israel
my dick knocked my table two times

>they should have made it about him taking over the world
I'd have enjoyed a slow devolution of democracy as Underwoods and all the shady shit they do with other country's.

As the Underwoods make themselves life long leaders of America*

Beyond season 2 is embarrassing. First two seasons are great and the very first two episodes are both prime examples of well written and well directed tv episodes due to them both being directed by David fincher

this. it improved my kinoviewing 150%

Exactly what this gentleman says

Watch anime instead. House of cards pretends to be realistic but is just a fantasy that makes morons want to be politicians.

Watch Seasons 1-4, don't bother with 5

I mean watch it if you really really want to but it's fucking terrible

That's not hyperbole, it's fucking terrible

the recent episodes are all shit, so you shouldn't watch them at all

watching in order from the start until season 3's ending is best imo. season 4 is bad and season 5 is terrible

after season 3, you should watch the House of Cards UK miniseries. each of the three parts are better than season one of House of Cards US and it is on netflix.

The first season was a lot of fun and it seemed to be building to something even if it was a little far fetched. Second season was a dip in quality but it at least got to where it should, although watching Frank be an order of magnitude smarter than everyone was getting a bit old. Everything after that has been garbage.

Season 1 was great, especially the first couple episodes that were directed by David Fincher.

As mentioned previously, show starts to suck dick right around when he becomes president.

I think the show actually suffers from how ridiculous real life politics has become; the show has to go to such extremes to try to compete with Trump that we're left with some real cartoonish shit.

I rather suggest watching Designated survivor, which right now seems more Star Trek than what the current Star Trek is, is utopistic but also optimistic, although I doubt most of Sup Forums would like it because I read that at times it leans too much on the left in the american political spectrum, so it would be just dismissed with buzzwords, but I am sincerely tired of so many Tv shows where the cast seems to hate each other guts.