WHAT IS RICK AND MORTY AND WHERE DID IT SUDDENLY COME FROM?

WHAT IS RICK AND MORTY AND WHERE DID IT SUDDENLY COME FROM?

Like I have only heard about this last week with some mcdonalds scandal and now this shit is everywhere. I'm Sup Forums as fuck so how come I never heard about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-GC5rAX0xHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Youths.

Just ignore, modern cartoon are all awful anyway, look at that disgusting art style.

So is it comparable to Family Guy/American Dad/South Park/Simpsons or what is it?

What made it popular? It looks literally shit, like Bobs Burgers-tier

Faggots running around screeching how smart the show is and how stupid anyone who doesn't like it must be. Also, faggots running around screeching about how the show is reddit and memey encouraging even more people to actually watch a few episodes.

It hit meme firestorm grade in Season 2. It's probably here to stay. I mean, I can't say with any degree of confidence it's going to last as long as The Simpsons or South Park but it might.

Think of it as a far less funny, more pretentious and less entertaining version of Futurama.

So is it like bobs burgers?

Should I watch the pilot so I can understand the memes?

Are you telling me that you haven't seen a single pickle rick thread before this week?

Ah that makes sense, thanks.

> Family Guy/American Dad/South Park/Simpsons

From those listed, only the simpsons is decent.
Bob's burger also looks terrible.

Half of the show is disjointed and lacks a consistent plot with the other episodes. The other half of the show is largely based on the exploits of a particular Rick and Morty set that bumblefuck their way into fucking up the whole world and ran away to another one where their alternate selves blew up.

I'd recommend watching them in order or it'll seem a bit messy.

Ok so now I know what it is so whats the deal with Mcdonalds?

It's reddit incarnate

The first episode of the third season had flashback gag where Rick, while trapped in his memories, decided to stop at a McDonalds so he could remember what the promotional Mulan Szechuan sauce tasted like. Later in the episode he has a psychotic breakdown and starts ranting about how his entire motivation for the next ten years is to get more Szechuan sauce.

It's important to remember while watching this show that Rick is a compulsive liar and often mentally unstable.

It's the Big Bang Theory for those who hate the Big Bang Theory

This show is like a copy of Back 2 the Future where all the characters are bad people, the writers are bad people, and the fanbase is more and more toxic.

It's 4 years old. If you've only just found out about it along with the reddit crowd then you need to go back.
>tfw no one ITT remembers the comfy r&m s1 threads
Fuck all of you

It started off as an alright cartoon that is on adult swim. But its fans have turned out to be complete retards. It didnt come out of nowhere. You are just an old retard that isnt hip

the mouths really piss me off

I think the reason millennials like this cartoon so much is that in a way it has replaced the spot usually reserved for religion in their brains. Rick is portrayed as a living god in the show, he knows everything and can do just about anything. They see this and begin to worship him, mostly subconsciously but sometimes consciously. They mock others for having a religion while they themselves are building a new one as we speak.

>promotional Mulan Szechuan
who?

Back in the 90s whenever Disney would release a movie it would inevitably have a promotional tie in with McDonald's. This usually meant toys, collectable cups, and sometimes food items. For Mulan they released a promotional sauce for mcnuggets. Similarly they released a promo sauce for A Bug's Life that was sweet apple or some shit and it was fucking delicious.

Wait, so if Rick is a liar, he's lying about the sauce being good?

TO BE FAIR.....

rick sucks because he's a mary sue, all his flaws are shit the writers find cool anyway or follow from him being better than everyone else in every way (he has trouble relating to normals!) which is why the batman comparison is thrown around so much

>"i'm Sup Forums as fuck"
>somehow never heard about rick and morty despite the ceaseless amounts of shitposting about it that has plagued this board for literal months
Why would you even bother lying on this stupid cambodian knitting forum?

Anyone who describes themselves as "Sup Forums as fuck" is clearly not from around here. That is not something we say.

I've gotta take a shit..

I just wanted parody back to the future cartoon why dis it have to be like this.

How are you enjoying your first week on Sup Forums?

what makes you think its my first week?

Well shit, the fact that you're getting triggered by people calling you a newfag is your first start. True oldfags know to ignore that shit.

Oh boy you guys are gonna be so pissed when you realize Summer is going to have a black boyfriend in season 4 just to piss you all off

Well i've been here since the Fappening so i'm most certainly not a newfag!

>Well i've been here since the Fappening
>3 years ago

literally the definition of a newfag

Nigga I been here since Sup Forums auto changed user to Taiga or LancedJack and I'm still a newfag

She already was in love with black jock in the first season you fucking fraud.

Shit meme

ricks lick 'n' dick

Remember when putting LancedJack in the namefield was an autoban? Why don't they do that kind of stuff anymore?

Not to mention the Fappening was one of the two big events that brought in a huge influx of newfags, the other being the election. Someone post the chart, it's scary.

Pickle Sneed

Honestly, this show was like nothing I've ever watched. It'a absolute trash that tries so incredibly hard it's endearing. Each episode shows that the directors and writers are creatively bankrupt and yet they continue. Its stellar how such a brain dead show could enjoy such longevity. It's all gimmicks.

I thank god every day that I wasn't born with a small enough number of brain cells to enjoy this content without irony. It constantly challenges the viewer in its simplicity, idiocy and lack of a commitment to a vision. It's marinated in cliche, fried in shlock and still tastes raw to any patrician. Sometimes garnished with amateur philosophical overtures.

Stuttering, nihilism and a loose interpretation of comedy don't make a show good.

If you enjoy this show I must respectfully ask you to reconsider your ability to subjectively assess anything. I have full faith that the type who enjoys this show is a simpleton of the highest order; a low IQ, psuedo-science loving simplistic mongoloid plebian.

I hope you find peace in death. Seek it soon.

youtu.be/-GC5rAX0xHg

>60fps
Glorious. It's like I'm really there.

Every time Sup Forums is mentioned on the news we get an influx of newfags.

Someone needs to do something about that.

it was good for the first 2 seasons.
Now they just want to push their agenda down our throats just like the new Star Strek series

kino

What is their agenda, exactly?

Sup Forums loved this show in season 1, but then it became popular on reddit so Sup Forums must hate it now

>fast food restaurants not stocking enough condiments makes for a Nationwide scandal

Is there hope for America?

kek. South Park runs rings round The Simpsons.

3 years
3 seasons

>Parody of cult classic
>Edgy/sarcastic humor
>Character is Sherlock Holmes archetype
>Incredibly intelligent but also a dick
>Attracts underachieving dicks who think theyre intelligent
>Attracts bandwagon autists who think nihilism is the new coolest shit

It's perfect.

3 scoops

And then you have the counter assholes who are "too smart for the show". They're arguably worse than the fandom but at least they aren't jumping on counter tables demanding sauce.

The only true opinion of the show should be apathy or mild enjoyment. Love or hate are too strong for this display of mediocrity. Hating the fanbase just means you spend too much time on the internet and are probably on the spectrum.

4 years actually, they spent a year doing absolutely nothing

>they spent a year doing absolutely nothing
Heh, something they have in common with Donald Trump.

Bojack Horseman is really good though

It won't, that cuck Harmon will blow his brains out in less than 3 years

Alternatively, Roiland will get tired of that fat fuck's shit and leave.

So many people misinterpret this show.
It's actually trying to warn audience about dangers of nihilism and Godlessness in our lives, but most people just want to see "wacky adventures".

More than that, I hate Rick's unibrow and the fact that he is always drooling. It's gross.

Huge hypocrite.

I think it's because it's a silly cartoon, most don't try and find inner meanings like that.

>most don't try and find inner meanings like that.
It's actually a bit worse. People are literally disregarding the fact that you're not supposed to side with Rick.

Well the problem is the show makes Rick sound and act so smart, therefore he should be the "one to know".
Dunning Kruger effect usually leads to the idiots following the character they think they're intellectually compared to.

If the show makes Rick sound smart to you, have you ever considered the possibility that you may be retarded?

>I'm Sup Forums as fuck
New as fuck more like.

Isn't this show just Venture Bros without the clever scripts?

>hurr, I outsmarted aliens and sound so sure of myself
>Idiots follow that saying "wow, Rick is really smart because he outsmarts people."
You have to be daft to not see that they purposely make the characters dumbed down to make Rick "le supersmart science man".

Its the new thong all the Bronies and Adventure Time queers found to leach off of

How huge?

I never said he actually is smart. Sounding and actually being intelligent are too different things

Does anyone have the webem of the guy with the pickle rick tatoo

Gas all phoneposters.

Or maybe you're an idiot?

Glad people have finally shut up about MLP so I can start watching it and enjoy it in peace.

I guess you don't have a high enough IQ for this.

>I called you an idiot on an anonymous image board
Are you 5?

Are you an idiot? Don't answer that, I know the answer is yes.

fuck, i need that bugs life sauce. apple cinnamon was the shit with my nuggies

You want to do WHAT?