"What? No I didn't say anything."

> "What? No I didn't say anything."
> "So anyway how's your career"

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/opieradio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is that guy that hated anyway?

Bam Margera fathered a child with his wife, and Opie took over custody and claimed to be the father. He won't let Bam even see the kid, which is a big reason he's so messed up right now.

What a jackass, lmao.

Let's see...

>still forced '90s-era radio stunts during the satellite years (breaking/smashing things, eating animal testicles, WOWing)
>interrupted funny with afore-mentioned stunts (eg. Ozone Midget Sighting), going to the phones or commercial breaks or switching topics
>narcissistic personality, where he has to be the center of the attention all the time
>couldn't for his life understand what makes a joke funny, this is why he always went to unfunny phone calls, lifted generally bad riffs from the Instant Feedback or seemed to be completely baffled about something Ant said that made Jim laugh hills balls off
>most stories are either complete fabrications or so pumped up they could as well be outright lies
>accuses people of backstabbing him, yet cannot see that his shitty personality and behaviour is the cause of problems
>backstabbed a bunch of other people (promised ESD to help him out while telling Ant that Dave's not a good fit on the channel, schemed to get Ron & Fez off the channel and tried to move Ant & Jim to afternoons behind their backs in 2014)
>cultivated a very negative work environment where his mood would dictate the mood of the entire studio
>couldn't take a joke
>never bothered to learn much about anything, so he can't carry on a conversation
>says he'll "have to watch [a movie] now" and then never does because he's only into daytime TV and reality garbage
>obsessed with going viral, to the point he had a deal with an England-based company called Viral Spiral – in the end, it was all for nothing
>ate his own words about promoting freedom of speech and politically incorrect comedy by altering the post-Anthony shows where certain jokes and Jimmy's characters (specifically Uncle Paul) were off-limits because it bothered him on a personal level
>shut down the O&A Animation Festival because Sirius wouldn't pay him $10,000 for showing up there
>didn't give it his all when he "fought" for Anthony in July 2014
>big, luscious titties

Lies and slander, those faggot did Gregg "The Destroyer" Hughes dirty...

never 4get

people don't realize that opie being a dumb, awkward, unfunny, obnoxious psychopath with borderline personality disorder and the inner life of angry 13-year-old actually contributed to the show's dynamic. he was the man you loved to hate, a catalyst for drama, and his mere presence put everyone around him on edge. opie's shittiness was the most subtle ingredient in the melange of spices that made classic O&A great.

In some instances, maybe, but there's way too many moments where his bullshit takes over and just kills whatever fun was going on right before. It's kind of like Anthony's racism was charming to a point, until the Trayvon Martin incident. After that, it was endless race rants every day. I'm not saying he wasn't necessarily wrong about things, but he kept endlessly repeating the same points and forgot that he was on a comedy show.

On another topic, I suspect that Opie was also responsible for getting in some of their worst guests that they attempted to make into regulars, such as Mike Birbiglia, Steven Lynch and Jason Ellis. If it wasn't for Vos stirring shit and calling out his bullshit, Birbiglia's appearances would've been complete duds all around. The absolute worst was Birbiglia literally reciting his stand-up material in that shitty monotone voice of his and the boys laughing along, even though they've said many times they hate it when comics just do bits on the air.

> when cucks collide

is that beard JUST ??

O&A died years ago. Let it go you 30 something losers and move on.

I swear in at least half of the top ten funniest moments of all time on O and A there's a moment where Opie very nearly cuts it off by "going to the phones" but someone just managed to talk over him and keep the bit rolling

While he's a total asshat, I'll give him credit for filling a role nobody wants, being the straight man in a room full of comics. In a sense, Anthony, Jimmy, Patrice etc have it easy and fun, they just get to riff and be funny and silly and not worry about the responsibility of the show. Opie is kind of the only one whom is going to kick it to an ad, which is the lifeblood for why they even have a show. So while, he acted like an asshole, ill give him credit.

He didn't intend to be the straight man. If Opie had been capable of riffing and cracking jokes with the rest of them, he would have. In fact, there are many examples of him trying and failing miserably.

hes an asshole

This. His ego would not let him settle for such a modest role. Remember, he thinks of himself as the master of shock comedy (it's in his Vimeo account description):

vimeo.com/opieradio

Opie is such a fucking fagget. Even in the prime of o&a, I fucking hated his guts.

The idea that you need an unfunny straight man to steer the ship is Opie's bullshit designed to make him look important. Ron was the main host of Ron & Fez and probably the funniest person on the show. He also knows when to shut up and let other people roll with something. Opie's just shit at what he does and insecure.

What are you quoting?

Only 27 here. But man, i'm trying. Comedy is in such a sad state right now I'm dying for something to take its place as my go-to show to listen to. We'll never get that revolving door of comics on one show again.

This. There isn't a radio show/podcast like that anymore, or a TV show like Tough Crowd. O&A's death occurred at the worst possible time, too, when all the SJW nonsense was almost at an all time high.

tits

you forgot the part where he constantly complained about him "making" people and then them "forgetting where they came from" because someone appeared on the show once 6 years ago, then hit it big, then he suddenly scrabbles to get them on the show and they refuse.

- He was out of his depth around quick witted funny people.

- Became jealous of the on air relationship between Ant, Jim and the regulars.

- Was desperate to be seen and somebody and took his insecurities out on anyone he felt was beneath him

- Created a bad atmosphere as it became the only power he had in effecting the show.

- Made moves behind peoples backs to either get them off the show, change the format of the show or force people off the channel.

Opie was, is and will always be the worst thing to happen to O&A, His jealousy, stupidity and upset precious feeling (over a friendship that ended over a decade ago) set him up to sabotage the show and then destroy the brand.

TLDR: Fuck Opie

rip steve

It makes me cringe imagining a reboot of Tough Crowd now

>bunch of literally who numale and fat black chick literally whos
>all overly loud and snappy slightly gay lisp about "MELIANIA TRUMP IS A WHORE!"

I didn't, but my post went over the word limit and I had to take it out. It was really embarrassing, like so many other things he did. Patrice tried to explain him once that it's the Hollywood way of saying things and then not really meaning it, but he failed to comprehend that (despite being exactly like that when it came to his co-workers and colleagues, like East Side Dave, who was given a handful of empty promises).

Once again, it boils down to Opie being borderline narcissistic and constantly yearning for attention and approval, which is also why he was so obsessed with becoming a YouTube sensation. You can tell he was extremely jealous of Anthony getting a viral video twice (first the Vista installation one, then the kitten biting glasses one), and the funny thing is that Ant didn't even really try.

Patrice must have had a premonition of what was coming and died from the shock. Can only begin to dream about how he'd feel about both SJWs and the absolute lowered bar for comedian quality right now.

>le everyone gets a Netflix special!

someone kill me too

Too bad he and Steve died pre-compound.

>Patrice never saw Independence Day 2

he would have tore that movie apart

>Nothing! I said nothing!

It's fun to reframe all those great years of radio as us enjoying a narcissistic borderline-autistic unfunny douche, a racist pedophilic Long Island trash person, and an angry spineless drama queen failure bullying callers and riffing on minutia, with their best guests being a misogynistic brash conspiratard and a flashing sexual predator, and the party ending once everyone's mental illness of choice bubbled to the surface and wouldn't go back down again.

I know, it's a fucking tragedy

he's a bottomless pit of awfulness

wow, what are your thoughts on howard stern?

what's his other half?

Haven't listened to Stern since his E! show days so I couldn't give the same level of analysis.

I still miss golden age O&A despite all that shit.

he's like David Brent but real

I was just watching series 2 of the office last night, and so many little things that Brent does reminded me of the Opester.

Like even the famous Brent dancing scene, where he's watching Neil be genuinely down-to-earth and funny and having a moment where everyone likes him while he's doing the Saturday Night Fever dance, and Brent is just consumed with jealousy and has to barge in on the moment.

Opie did that shit every single time that Ant and Jim or anyone else was having a great time being funny without him.

Anyone know where I can get Ant's show for free? Public trackers never have it, and the Puerto Rican I was downloading from has no power so he can't upload to his site.

>Not mentioning he could have been a male model
Biased O&A redditor detected.