13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Why did people hate this? It was a solid, modern war movie. And one of the rare Bay movies that doesn't have a half-naked woman in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2016/01/09/the-real-men-and-real-stories-behind-hours/UJIRE2ndn3hcBY4aqNeGXK/story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0KDHIP08E
eonline.com/news/728514/john-krasinski-says-emily-blunt-hates-his-new-muscles-she-would-way-prefer-to-have-doughy-guy-back
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CTR shills

Bay Kino. Only Hilldawg shilled against this.

Hlilary

Pain and Gain and 13 Hours were both masterpieces and quintessential BAYKINO, but retards think that because it has Bay above the title it must be a bad film.

My only issue with 13 Hours was the everyone-is-a-bearded-white-guy defense, when that one guy got hit with a mortar at the end, I didn't know what happened because I thought he showed up in the next scene. Turns out it was two separate people and I couldn't tellt he difference.

The rest of it was absolutely superb.

EU fag here

American propaganda.
Somehow they are always the HEROS

Did you even watch it? The whole movie the soldiers were complaining about how they didn't get a single bit of support from the US.

>Why did people hate this?
>And one of the rare Bay movies that doesn't have a half-naked woman in it.
>answering your own question

But for realz it was a good movie,
very operator kino

Someone told me that the CIA doesn't actually have field ops that stand in front of planes with their hands holding their belt but 13 Hours was literally about a bunch of CIA field ops. What gives?

>rare Bay movies that doesn't have a half-naked woman in it.
this is why

I don't know I liked pain and gain but when I watch this one I finds it lacking a consistent idea

I've shit on Bay for a long time, but this movie was kino. Shame his career has been wasted on so much garbage when he could have been giving us movies like this. Though I guess ultimately the garbage is what the masses eat up.

Pain & Gain and 13 Hours is definitive proof that critics aren't judging films on individual basis but rather they criticize films based on what their little liberal circlejerk might think of this film.

So you have a bunch of jews earning far more than they work for basically writing reviews that boil down to simple peer pressure. Michael Bay fucking exposed them all twice-fold and they were too dumb to notice.

I didn't like Pain and Gain.

>"I've ended up calling it Hotel Hell," says Schiller. "They tasered me, they punched me, they pistol-whipped and burned me with a lighter. They played Russian roulette against my temple and performed mock executions. I was blindfolded throughout. In fact, they kept adding duct tape so that in the end I must have had up to two rolls around my eyes and face.

>"From week two on, I also had a bag over my head and balls of wax in my ears. It was only taken off twice: once to put a sanitary towel under the tape because my face was bleeding so badly, and in the end when they changed to bubble wrap and tape in preparation for my murder."

>So you have a bunch of jews earning far more than they work for basically writing reviews that boil down to simple peer pressure.
Congratulations, you've summed up critics in general.

The irony of it all is that their job wouldn't even exist if they didn't have something to shit on. They NEED movies to survive. Imagine if every single person just stopped making movies. Critics would be out of a job.

Dude's not dying or running out of money anytime soon, there will be much more Bay kino in the future.

The funny part about film critics is that every time they've tried to play the game themselves, they've failed miserably. Every time. They can't make film. They can barely criticize them. And they can't be proper journalists either.

when i first saw john krasinski with a beard and all operator i thought holy shit hes surprisingly good at looking the part. than I had to hear his awful faux cool headed badass acting and it ruined everything. Also the action really wasn't all that great, I'm sorry to say, not sure what the rest of you were smoking.

Maybe you are the one who is smoking, Krasinski did a great job. I liked when he grabbed the guy and roared at him because it really convincingly conveyed his despair at the whole situation.

bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2016/01/09/the-real-men-and-real-stories-behind-hours/UJIRE2ndn3hcBY4aqNeGXK/story.html

Reading through this interview, it sounds like they made a point of making the movie as accurate as possible to real events, so that's nice.

Sup Forums has continually liked it since release

it was good even i'm tired of american military propaganda movies.

I enjoyed it

real answer is that libtards convinced themselves that benghazi doesn't exist and is just a conspiracy theory created by fox news because it makes hillary look bad

Hillary was the hero dumbass it was her fucking turn stupid EU Nazi.

I'm a liberal, but this movie makes me happy that Hillary didn't win. Thing is, I still don't want Trump in there and I don't think he's advancing ANYONE'S agenda but his own. It's not black and white, you can hate both. I really wish either party had put forth a decent candidate but at this point I'll take Pence if it means getting rid of Trump.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0KDHIP08E

So the part where the guy got his hand blown up and was wiggling it around like "Look at this shit", how was he not in excruciating pain?

Literally who hated this? I still can't bwlieve Bay managed to create a good movie.

Was reading the wikipedia article for Chapo Trap House to find out what the heck it is and apparently they formed after doing a podcast hating on this movie.

As you can see, they're nu-male cucks, so they can't handle a high-test movie.

Why do people who look like this post pictures of themselves on the internet? Why do they not look at themselves in the mirror and think "Hm, maybe I'm not well suited to using a photo of myself in my current state." I know I am not good looking so I smartly use anime girls as my avatar instead.

completely agree, my only criticism was the beard thing too.

Don't you just hate when they make the entertainment industry political?

...No? Movies have ALWAYS taken a political stance. What idiot claims otherwise?

>in one scene one of the characters asks for a lawn chair
>I assume it's a joke and chuckle along with him
>a few scenes later you actually see him sitting in a lawn chair

Well, say what you will about Benghazi, but at least they have lawn chairs.

Oh shit. I had no idea Michael Bay directed this movie. It was really good. Just wish they stuck the blade a little more into Hillary's side.

Sometimes the pain is so excruciating that your body basically turns off its receptors so you don't die from shock. Adrenaline always can basically numb you as well.

It's good but way too fucking long, Michael Bay with a proper editor would be a legit director

Bay's a 50/50 dude. When he isn't making generic cashgrab shit, he's a pretty fucking solid director.

I just looked at his filmography and man, he has not actually directed a whole lot of films despite being around since the 90s. Like, the Transformers films literally make up half of his entire directorial career. It seems to me like the moment he's free of that franchise he'll be able to stretch his legs a lot more and make more stuff like 13 Hours and Pain and Gain.

this movies gunplay was kino.

You say that like it's suppose to be appealing somehow?...

Why do nu-males hate Bay?

He represents toxic masculinity

What are you, gay?

Jim looks like *THAT*?

Knowing the EU they would side with the rabid Arabs every time.

99% of special forces are white guys and they all wear beards because middleasterners see shaved faces as childish and wont respect you

That's why.

I thought it was much better than American Sniper.

eonline.com/news/728514/john-krasinski-says-emily-blunt-hates-his-new-muscles-she-would-way-prefer-to-have-doughy-guy-back

I think you need to learn how to read.

EU fag #2 here

Liked it.
American Government fucks up like every other Government.
What's left on the ground are people who don't know what's going on and just try to survive a situation they themselves didn't create in the first place.

I've been wanting to watch this movie and I just started it because this thread reminded me. Thanks user

>he doesn't deny it

You're welcome. Enjoy shirtless Jim kino.

Redpill me on Benghazi, who was in the wrong here?

Yeah my problem wasn't that they had beards and were white, it was I just troubled with identifying the different characters to the point where I was confused when one of them died and seemed to be revived in the following scene.

>Bad Boys
>The Rock
>Bad Boys II
>The Island
>Pain & Gain
>13 Hours

I like all of those.

Glad I wasn't the only one that had this problem. They all blended together to me. Movie was good but it probably could have done a better job establishing the characters at the start.

Why don't you like Armageddon and Pearl Harbor?

The scientific flaws annoy me too much in Armageddon. It's pure autism on my part. Pearl Harbor just sucks.

I watched it after I read the book. Pretty good, and props to Bay for not having any ''MURICA FUCK YEAH'' moments in it.

Just shut the fuck up, Ben.

What did he mean by this?

*sniff*

Sorry, that was just me thinking about how this movie made me cry.

>I need my attention back
Do we call this the Anna Farris syndrome?

>Hillary didn't win
>No chance for a sequel.

Emily Blunt is far more successful than Anna Faris.

Haha, I was about to say "Why would there be a sequel" but then I got it.

I agree with my Eurobro here. This movie very clearly portrayed the US federal government as a larger antagonist than perhaps even the mujahideen fighters on the ground. Muj gonna muj but the gubmint left all those bros on the ground to die. You expect a bullet from the men who pretty clearly want you out of their country, but a US ambassador and embassy being attacked is an act of war one would think warrants at least a heavy defensive posture.
To my dying day, I will always marvel at the absolute free pass given to Obama for Benghazi. It was implicit media and elite racism of subtle expectations at its finest when the buck stopped with Hillary and not the commander in chief of the USA, the, uh, guy who actually makes the call on sensitive troop deployments and drone strike death sentences of American citizens who were never arrested nor granted a trial by a jury of their peers.
Drumpf, Hilldawg, Berncuck, all smoke and memes compared to the memeory hole Obama possessed or was granted, depending on your perspective. I say this as a progressive liberal who hasn't voted for a mainstream party candidate in years.

>as a progressive liberal who hasn't voted for a mainstream party candidate in years.
What does this mean?

Shillary supporters were mad

It means I generally vote Green Party candidate, or Working Families Party. I normally wouldn't add my political affiliation but everywhere in America now makes it impossible to discuss a lot of these topics without being accused of being a Russian shill or alt lite or whatever. Trump's policies are ironically some of the closest to my own beliefs in any major party candidate, especially fair trade, etc. He doesn't call it that and has different reasons, but I'm old enough to remember the Battle in seattle and the fair trade movement when THAT was liberalism and not this corporate bootlicking numale shit.

Just finished, this shit was awesome.

Obviously just propaganda.

For who, idiot?

How is tackling affirmative action in colleges not advancing the agenda of his supporters? Or reinvestment in natural gas? There are many things he's pushed and done that advance the agendas of Americans.

Did you just write that paragraph and think it made you seem above it all while actually ignoring reality?

>defeat ISIS in 30 days
Kek forgot about this

There's been so many failures it's easy to lose track of them all.

it means he is a numale faggot that looks like this

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Part of an obsessive right-wing wave of desperately trying to make Clinton look irresponsible because of things she did, while the mature adults of this country were trying to make look Trump look irresponsible because of things he said.