Justice League

What does Sup Forums think about the Justice League movie?

I feel like no matter what, after BvS and Suicide Squad, all WB cares about are the normies of today and being edgy. They might as well make a movie with dogs and call it "being around the elephants" and it's based in LA with Parots drinking tea.

Does DC/WB/Hollywood even give a shit about movies anymore?

Why does it look like Marvel can but DC wont?

>What does Sup Forums think about the Justice League movie?

Dunno, it's not out yet

>follows the spirit of comics by telling new stories and exploring new aspects of characters instead of pale imitations of actual comics
>throws parademons and flash in the middle of their movie
>makes a movie that goes against normie perceptions of superman and batman
>Snyder recreates panels from comics
>goes full speedforce with Flash's first appearance
>already throwing in mother boxes, orion dark sun imagery, alternate universes, and other hypercrisis esque things
>catering to normies

Are you retarded?

As we've seen with BvS and SS, those movies were bad, if JL is coming out of Snyder, can we really say it's going to be good at all?

Great Batman.
Potentially great Superman, held back by bad scripts and a bad director.
Good Wonder Girl, sadly not a good Wonder Woman.
Tryhard Aquaman, hopefully they'll give him more dignity than trying to make him Macho Man who drinks vodka and doesn't afraid of anything.
Terrible Flash.
Don't even know what they did to Martian Manhunter, looks nothing like him.

All in all I'm going to wait and see what people thought about it before I consider whether or not to see it.

>instead of pale imitations of actual comics
>Snyder recreates panels from comics
Does not compute. Does not compute.

>go get mycokerewards.com
>sign up
>start hording the shit out of coke tops and other coke codes
>Coke bottles in trash, people at small mom and pop stores throwing out boxes of coke with the codes
>enter all in
>3 weeks later
>see movie thanks to coke
I use to get EBT in GA here and I would get coke all the time with it and I would get free movies thanks to them lol

I don't understand why they keep trying to make Aquaman cool to people who will never like Aquaman regardless of his character/look

>have character who gets made fun of for being lame by people who don't read his stories
>creators get embarrassed about it and overcompensate
Eh.

See OP, I don't even disagree with you but here's the thing:

1. I enjoy entertainingly bad movies. If Mystery Science Theater 3000 was still a thing I'd be awaiting their roast of BvS/Suicide Squad, and if Elvira was still a thing I'd be hoping DC go full absolute madman when they try for some Endless movies.

2. I feel like while AS A WHOLE DC manages to screw up their plots, through some bizarre alchemy they manage to have some genuinely intense moments here and there. Going back to Squad, the bonding moment in the bar where Diablo has his flashback was actually pretty sweet. Too bad it was, you know, near the end of the movie.

>Does Hollywood give a shit-

Oh, come on. They never have. It just so happened that in the beginning when everyone was still trying how to make it big, a couple auteurs with zanny ideas rose to the top. If the Hollywood of the past had our CGI and focus testing technology, I'd bet my ass they'd try to do what we've got now-but adjusted to appeal to the audiences and trends back then.

>Why does it look like Marvel-

I think Marvel hit the jackpot in a) finding personable leads for early films, and b) developing some kind of algorithm for their later films where they replace actual characterisation with annoying quips or jolly soundtrack music just to get normie laughs. They can get away with that shit because their movies are sold on being family friendly fun.

Here's the thing I like about DC: They WANT to crack the Marvel normie formula, but they-definitely some of their actors at least-want to be seen as hardcore and serious. Because they don't have their own proven one-size-fits-all template, they have to actually try new things and reinvent themselves.

And that, along with the unintentional hilarity, is why even though I think they're going to keep fucking up I do sincerely want them to keep making movies.

After BvS, I have zero intention of seeing it. I'll maybe watch WW if it gets good reviews, but JL can get fucked.

even comics recreate panels/scenes from other comics while telling new stories

they are good though

I feel like DC is trying to hard to be "hardcore" like all dark and brooding. Like why?

>BvS and SS are good
You're the 2nd person who has said this today, man where is this delusion coming from?

>I feel like DC is trying to hard to be "hardcore" like all dark and brooding. Like why?
Because Nolan's movies made lots of money and were liked by lots of people.

i'm very excited to see this but with low expectation. i've seen the teaser, no complain so far.

I like how people here judge characters but never saw them on screen except in trailers and cameos.

But hey it's not like this board wasn't retarded and a glimpse at what the lowest common denominator is.

Don't blame DC for WB's fuckups

DC is WB's bitch when they should be partners

BvS was an incredible film.

SS was a fun way to kill 2 hours, but was very uneven.
Tone down the tattoos (which I think I read that they are doing) and Leto is by far the best live action Joker yet, though.

I'm pretty excited.

We read comics, we watch cartoons. We love to see how favorite heroes get a live action movie. If Danny Phantom got a live action movie, I think everyone here would shit their pants.
It's like having a dog in a dog play a human role basically.

>best live action Joker.
>BEST LIVE ACTION JOKER....
>Try hard man as the JOKER

>We
Filtered.

k

Yeah, this is the real problem desu. Busybody execs can't let people do their goddamn jobs for fear of test audiences. Can't vouch but apparently the SS extended cut is slightly more coherent.

>an incredible film

I agree, but probably not in the way you mean. It is, indeed, amazing how far a good score and overacting can carry an excuse plot.

>SS

A shining example of DC being unable to decide whether it wants to be serious or silly. The reshoot was an unsalvageable mistake.

...the funny thing is, Leto's joker probably wouldn't have been anything less than OK if his ridiculous hype campaign of pranks didn't make it blatently clear he-or at leat his marketing team-was desperate to ape Ledger's magic.

It's not a hard question though. The upbeat carefree superhero market is more or less cornered barring maybe Deadpool, why not sell to the folks who like some grit in their kino? But unfortunately as I've said, DC is trying to appeal to two audiences at once, which results in unintentional hilarity.

For what its worth, I'm cautiously optimistic for WW since it seems to be a more focused story.

I feel like with all these current and going to be released movies, that we are sitting here with a gold mind but WB wants to make a bigger fan base. They CAN but they wont. Therefore they have people who hardly know the characters write a script that makes no god damn sense to the point that we need to watch it 3 times, even the extended cut of BvS didn't make a damn bit of since.

I didn't know there was an extended version of SS so I'll go locate it on the bay I suppose.

I mean, what company doesn't? Really to me it jst comes down to havig a good enough writing team having the freedom to do what they're paid for. Anything can look great if you rewrite it enough; Mr. Freeze was practically a different character before the DCAU. Which is, of course, the stumbling block.

>Don't even know what they did to Martian Manhunter, looks nothing like him.
He isn't part of the JLA anymore hasn't been for yrs.

>Danny Phantom
DC/Marvel work because they've been around as mass media for last 40yrs.

>Namefag
Leave.

>I dont like what he likes so I will call him a name and then tell him to leave
Jeeze and here I thought Sup Forums could actually hold a conversation.

>Too dumb for capekino

Plebeian, please. Educate yourself.