GI JOE: A REAL GLOBALIST HERO

Well, shitlords, will you be reading the nu-male version of GI Joe?

>Book will focus on BLM and police militarization
>Will focus on Trump supporters and how they're literally supporting Hitler
>Will not feature guns, because they're scary, but lasers like the cartoons
>Will now be not about being American heroes, but the rest of the world and all inclusive
>Will focus on sci-fi and not terrorism

>SITTERSON: Exceptionally frequently and exceptionally heavily. Especially given the current geopolitical climate, with the rise of multiple ethnonationalist movements, the troubling militarization of the police and our own president-elect threatening to start a new nuclear arms race. This was something that was very much on my mind, and there were a couple decisions made as a direct result of it. The first is moving G.I. Joe away from being strictly an American team. The Decepticon Skywarp is our first non-American team member, but there are already more in the works – human ones from real world countries. The other change is our choice to have the Joes use lasers. Not only is it a nice nod to the Sunbow cartoon series (which is where Giannis and I first fell in love with Joe), but it avoids the more ugly aspects of the concept. To me, there’s something grim about putting heavy-duty, real-world weaponry in the hands of these heroic characters. Our Joes prefer to solve problems without brutality, and they’re talented and well-trained enough to manage it. I actually think that G.I. Joe can do a lot more good in another way, by embracing what has always made the series great, going all the way back to the cartoon series, where people of all genders, races, and ethnicities willingly came together to accomplish a goal.

ew.com/books/2016/12/27/idw-new-g-i-joe-comic/

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/books/2016/12/27/idw-new-g-i-joe-comic/
huffingtonpost.com/courtney-carter/black-men-dont-like-black_b_5973030.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>G.I. Cucks
>Snake Eyes needing directions on how to Ninja
>Fucking shoehorning in LASERS AND DIVERSITY into a series that's already pretty diverse and because GUNS ARE SCARY!

I hope this bombs so fucking hard IDW goes the way of Dreamwave.

>The first is moving G.I. Joe away from being strictly an American team. The Decepticon Skywarp is our first non-American team member
>The Decepticon Skywarp

nigga wat?

>Exceptionally frequently and exceptionally heavily. Especially given the current geopolitical climate, with the rise of multiple ethnonationalist movements, the troubling militarization of the police and our own president-elect threatening to start a new nuclear arms race.

these people are high on their own supply

I honestly don't see much of a difference with the 80's cartoon.

It doesn't matter. They've been trying to keep this franchise out of the grave for a few years now. This is just the latest prolonging of the inevitable.

Actually the joke is on their genetics when none of them have kids and their bloodline dies out. With humor and a whimper.

So you never fucking thought about reading IDW's A Real American Hero book? Are you a fucking casual or just plain mentally retarded? Cause ARAH has:
>Larry Hama
>MUH BALLISTIC GUNS
>More grounded real world scenarios
>All American
>Deals with Cobra
But your autistic opinion was a good read

>Book will focus on BLM and police militarization
Why are liberals still looking inward? That's not the narrative. You're supposed to be worried about election-stealing, Europe-invading Russians now.

The guns part is pretty retarded, but I'm fine with the rest of it.

Have you ever read a fucking GI Joe comic

>Where do you think we are.jpg.webm

Oh look, it's the same retards that complain about Green Arrow being liberal.

Who gives a fucking shit about their "bloodline"?

>Real American Hero
>the most popular character is a Japanese inspired hero
what did they mean by this?

>Actually the joke is on their genetics when none of them have kids
You know gay people can have kids,right?

Royalty?

I know they adopt.

Only 15% of lgbt couples raise kids. Of them, 20% adopt.
user is right almost all of the time.

The lasers make perfect sense if they live in the same world as Transformers, Rom etc. There's always ARAH for more traditional military Joe.

The Cybertronian war is over in the IDW-verse. Even Megatron is good now, at least for a given value of good.

not a single page.

That's the point, really. OP is just a faggot.

>The story doesn't matter as long as it looks the same.

Propaganda 1 commonsense 0

user, Sup Forums will swallow any bullshit as long as it's *established* bullshit.
Extra points if the bullshit is liberal. Look at how everybody defends Green Arrow being called a mansplainer.

You mean those incest-fueled tumor piles?

Have either of you actually read it, or are you just swallowing OP's bullshit without any critical thought?

I'm reading it purely for Skywarp.

>The first is moving G.I. Joe away from being strictly an American team.
Go to hell. American Exceptionalism is G.I Joe.

>ew.com/books/2016/12/27/idw-new-g-i-joe-comic/

One of the big changes to the book that we’re using to differentiate this series from others is that G.I. Joe has always been the “Real American Heroes,” and that doesn’t apply anymore. It’s not that they’re un-American, they’ve just expanded their mission. They’re no longer just protecting American interests, they’re protecting the entirety of the planet. In a world where you’ve got all these creatures and aliens, somebody needs to stand up for humanity, the earth, and everybody on it. Coming out of Revolution, that’s the mandate.

user is literally quoting the lead writer when he is talking about globalism which is kind definition of moving beyond american interests.

SITTERSON: Exceptionally frequently and exceptionally heavily. Especially given the current geopolitical climate, with the rise of multiple ethnonationalist movements, the troubling militarization of the police and our own president-elect threatening to start a new nuclear arms race.

^ direct quotation from the writer.

The question was does she think about Military industrial complex weighs on her when thinking about writing this series. Hating the military while writing about them..liberal doublethink is fucking crazy.

>nu-male version of GI Joe
The fuck is that supposed to mean?

It's Tumblr speak for wimp.

So Gi Joe is the new Earth Defense Command in the new Shared Hasbro Universe.
Ok.....that's like complaining that the JLA is not fighting for America's interest when they save the world.

Back in the 70's they were just called sensitive males.

>lets ignore propaganda and just smooth this over guys, no politics at all

>acknowledging that countries other than the Diabetic States of Burgerland exist
>propaganda

More tears please, flagfag.

"Nu-male" is a term that fat autistic losers who delude themselves into thinking they are "real men" use to refer to men who have jobs, girlfriends and educations.

It's no longer Sup Forumsitically correct for superheroes to save the world. They have to save America only, or else OH NOES GLOBALIST AGENDA.

user, OP is a Trumpist. He'd never be able to handle Hama writing Cobra as right wing, capitalist scumbags like he always has.

How the hell is GI Joe using lasers a "change?" They've been famous for only using lasers since the 80's, you angry little newfag.

I suppose next you'll think it's a "change" for the Transformers to be robots.

In the comics, Joes have mostly used real guns ever since Marvel's issue 1. That said, the person you were replying to is still an idiot.

>capitalist scumbags
Just like Hillary's best friends.

Larry Hama introduced a Warsaw Pact equivalent of GI Joe in the first YEAR of the comic with the express purpose of saying that they were pretty much the same type of disposable political tools as American soldiers and that everyone in war dances to distant, indifferent desk jockeys.

>Trying to do political commentary with G.I. Joe, guest starring Skywarp the Transformer

Go write an original book with your own characters, faggot. No one wants this much reality in their escapism. Absolute best case scenario, its a well written story that suffers throughout from complete tonal backlash.

WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED US IDW

all that glorious Russian /k/
But i do also like the Jack Kirby-esque version from the VS book

Bad, user.

Progressive ideas of equality were only invented with the election of President Obama. Don't look to your history or your culture's passed creations for understanding of modern context, and DEFINITELY don't get satan trips!

Just let the smart, witty modern writers handle everything! They have nothing to hide and they're just so much more smart and progressive than you are!

Bad, very bad go-uh I mean user.

>the Decepticon Skywarp is outlr first non-american team member
Cybertronians are real world minorities apparently. This guy is a fucking retard. I have faith that no one will read this shit and IDW will either be forced to fix it or cancel it. There's no fucking way anyone would want to read something so neutered, not even the SJWs they want to pander to.

Jesus Christ why do you guys need to make EVERYTHING into a fucking issue these days?

Die in a crash OP

>it's a "Sup Forums pretends they're not easily offended babies" episode

>It's a Sup Forums pretends fantasy-adventure comics are a good place for nuanced social political commentary episode

If it's not written by Larry Hama, it's not G.I. Joe.

Generally, it's white alt-righters. They're all about keeping the bloodline "pure" or some laughable shit like that. Even normies who breed don't care about bloodline like they do.

Well, they do have the perfect sperm donor in this case, so the daughter can have bro inseminate her gf.
And the other way around, if you do it via an adoption thing. I'm pretty sure you can have a family member take on your kid.
Or they just all live together as one big gay family which makes custody a non-issue while it's going good, at least.

What are you trying to argue? It sounds like you're defending Progressive ideals then it sounds like you're bitching about Progressive ideals.

Fuck you, literally everything is a place for nuanced political commentary. It's when it's not nuanced that it becomes the problem.

whynotboth.jpg

>it's white alt-righters.
I see more black people fretting about it.
huffingtonpost.com/courtney-carter/black-men-dont-like-black_b_5973030.html

There's a difference between classical progressiveness and modern progressiveness.

Classical progressiveness equalized the races, gave women the right to vote and made everyone equal under the law.

Modern progressiveness wants to make racial groups unequal again to nebulously "balance the scales" with no real end goal in mind, is willing to forgive heinous crimes if they're done from the right groups of people against the wrong groups of people, and turns Europe into a powder keg with terrorist attacks happening every few weeks that go unreported by local media for the above reasons.

Look to the people who actually built things that lasted to understand how to continue to do so. Don't let the fact that they're dead and can't verbally defend their intentions cause you to run into the open arms of ideologues with untested ideas and nothing but a track record of failure.

>p-please stop hurting my feelings, political satire makes me feel uncomfortable

Funny thing is "pure" blood lines are all shit.
If your gene pool is not big enough you end up with incest symptoms fast.
Communities who often marry among cousins have been shown to have highly increased rates of genetic defects and miscarriage.
Not to mention religious sects isolating themselves. Shit gets freaky.

Progressive, much like liberal are terms so broad and tied to such contradictory concepts, you really should be required to explain what the fuck you are talking about in every instance.
Progress is entirely subjective because it describes a change for the better in a world where "better" is highly contested.
And liberal means really just against restriction of something. Question being of what.
You can fiscally conservative but socially liberal.
The American political narrative is often so muddled and full of empty words that it's very confusing to find out what people are actually talking about.
Most people stamped "liberals" are outspoken opponents of neoliberal economic policies.
And when someone is "conservative", what values, ideas and laws do they actually want to preserve?

Do you honestly think the writers pushing this kind of garbage honestly think this is satire? Its a soap box. Whatever point the soap box had before its been turned into a platform for political commentary is sacrificed for the point of the political commentary.

You should be fucking insulted.

Larry Hama used the original GI Joe comic to promote his political view of the world and it was awesome.

And it was his creation. He had every right to do so.

What right does Sitterson have?

The right the IP holders gave him when they choose to hire him?

>That image

As if Sup Forums doesnt do the exact same with SJW and Cuck.

The right of licensing.

Well now I will.

What about Miles Morales or Riri Williams?

Bendis, writes them like garbage, yet the same concept applies.

Really you're going to read some shitty book to piss off a guy who probably won't even remember it came oiut?

I don't see her say anything about hating the military.

The original image was "Shout JIDF". How times have changed.

>her
m8s, this is the writer. Aubrey ain't just a woman's name.

Yes it fucking is

Nope.

>The name is traditionally male, but is more commonly used as a feminine name in the United States.

You Trump voters seem very insecure about any criticism of your leader. That seems reasonable.

>no guns, lasers instead
>character on the cover wearing a fucking bandoleer
What???????????????????????

Rock & Roll gets a laser gun in issue 1 because he feels like his old stuff isn't good enough. I assume he'll keep the bandoleer since it's part of his iconic look.

Well shoot I'm wrong, I've just never seen it used except for now

>The Decepticon Skywarp is our first non-American team member

What the fuck? There are dozens of non-American members of GI Joe.

>Will now be not about being American heroes, but the rest of the world and all inclusive
What's wrong with that? America sucks.

He also says he needs lasers cause he's mostly shooting robots now.

He may pull out his gun if human enemies show up?

I'm having trouble thinking of any non-American citizens who have been official members (even Storm Shadow and Jinx are both Japanese-American), but presumably they meant on the current team.

good goy, everyone is equal (but some are more equal than others!)

there is a race war and if that's how you think, i don't mind if you don;t breed.

blm could be interesting if it is written with some nuance.

if it's just more 'niggas and chimps dundu nuffin wrong, WHITE PEOPLE MUST DIE' then that is a terrible waste of some excellent cover art.

>laser guns

i don't mind this. laser guns are 'tacticool'. there is a certain logic to them, even though real world logic smashes the idea

energy weapons can stun or kill

they're easier to use since you don't have to worry about wind or gravity

they're more practical in a space or underwater environments; you can fry electronics without busting a seal

the ammo can be replenished by a power plant

a high energy battery pack can be set to explode, which would also obliterate the internals of the gun

a high energy gun could use a narrow beam to explode something or a wide beam to hit many targets

heated metal is easier to penetrate

since human bodies have so much water, an energy gun could melt machinery and only wound people at the exact same setting.

it's fun to think about this, even if it's not real world applicable.

Fuck BLM as an "organization" it's just asshole rioters labeling themselves as part of it and social media parasites who also label themselves claiming that the rioters don't represent them while instigating the violence through popular channels.

> it's a "smug writer thinks 100% of all military/authority conflicts can be solved without killing/"brutality" episode.

I'm not one to say you need direct experience in a subject in order to write about it, but even children understand if your enemy knows you won't kill them, they'll either kill you or keep doing what you're trying to stop them from doing.

See, Sitterson has actually outright said "no, I'm not going to force out hamhanded political commentary and do stuff like Make Cobra Great Again, because this comic isn't the place for that", and OP completely made up everything about Trump and BLM. Sup Forums just believed it because they're easily triggered.

And even writers from the GI Joe cartoon have raised concerns in the past about how they might have been glorifying war and the idea of America saving everyone else from themselves, so it's hardly new, but apparently critical thought and examination of the impact of fiction is solely a libtard cuck thing now.