/who/ - Doctor Who General

"Big Finish reusing the same stock images because there was a limited amount of promo pics released in the 80s and they've run out of them" edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hElceSZmkhE
twitter.com/HPPlayLDN/status/917731019675111424
youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5Uyk7Qr8
youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last audio post from me -
I have already done audios of all my fics in ST2 but, since they were all connected, thought I would actually edit them together into a combined version, fully recognising how damn long it would turn out. But it was fulfilling to get it done, even though the length is what it is.

ST2 Megamix: The War of the Doctor Rises

youtu.be/hElceSZmkhE

>What if all these ST2 audios were connected, and this megamix added linking transitions and new scenes to show how they’re all one continuous story?
Spoilers for 8’s audios. Runtime: 4 hours.

I actually keep Jodi; and it would be time to redeem her.

Serialization would be my goal: 4 standalone episodes that end with a small arc that pays off in the 4th episode; the last one being a 3 part finale.

>Back in the Universe Arc
In which The Doctor and New Companion venture back into the universe after venturing outside it only to find its completely different from what it was.

1.The X of the Y(Doctor returns to Earth, its modern earth reset and no alien activity. An alien has been manipulating humanity's evolution ala scaroth and the doctor thinks thats the cause of the change. The alien has really been growing a terrifying abomination in the center of the earth to feed on a more intelligent humanity's dreams until it can devour the universe.)

2.Statistics(The doctor thinks the cybermen winning the cyberwar is the cause of the change. Humanity is losing the Cyberwar until the doctor provides a rallying cry against humanity's apathy at their deaths and dwindling numbers with compassion.)

3.The Flat Earths(In which the doctor struggles to study the universe through ancient texts and writing to understand the new universe's cause only to meet the flat monsters from series 8)

4.Dysphoria(The Ogrons seem to be the cause of the new universe, as they are the new heads of the shadow proclamation with the oods being their enforcers. It doesn't make much sense to the doctor until his companion accidentally opens their pocket watch revealing they have been The Rani the whole time, studying a universe without the doctor)

>Study Arc
The doctor must decide if the universe is better or worse now according to a challenge by the rani.

5.bedtime stories(The doctor tells a child a bedtime story about himself and the rani(as we know now) saving the world from the weeping angels. Time jumps whenever the child asks a question, and by the end they are fully grown to be the new companion. The story's endis a fabrication: the reveal is nothing ended happily)

1/2

Goddam, that is some serious effort. Nice work.

sounds bad

I'll give them a listen to later, top work Neo.

Should I draw or write a song? I need to start being productive.

Thanks my dudes!

>write a song

his hair has a weird fuzzy halo around it in the newer one that it doesn't have in the earlier one

Butterinos

Hope the S11 rumors are true. Longer episodes and shorter episode seasons would be nice. 45 minutes is just never enough for a good ending usually.

No lying, /who/ - what is undeniably the worst Doctor Who story ever and why?

objectively probably twin dilemma as it basically sealed the death of the original show and came after one of the best episodes ever.

6.Brave New Planet(in which 13 and new companion go to a world that was previously untouched by anything, even the time war only to find its now a vacation destination for the rich and powerful completely out of touch with reality)

7.Sins of The Father(Davros and the Doctor meet to discuss the current universe. Davros tries to kill her anyways. The doctor asks about the reality bomb.)

8.Structural Damage(The Doctor looks at the cost of what had to be done to create the universe, some good things like The Time War never happening, but many more bad things. The doctor decides to destroy it all)

>Genocide
The doctor decides to destroy this reality to reset it.

9.Bombshell(the doctor researches the ways to make a reality warping bomb and if theres a safer way to do it. At the end the doctor reveals to her companion what it means)

10.Sincerity(Standard 2 hander about trusting the doctor while walking the interior of the Tardis halls. Would bring in Rob Shearman to consult and borrow from Scherzo)

>Time of the War
11, 12 and 13. Time of the War(first episode: The Doctor goes through a simulation of what they plan to do only to be confronted by Capaldi at the end who stops them in Doctor fashion. Second and third episodes are 13 facing off with The Rani over creation only for The Doctor to instead use The Moment to reverse her own Timeline and stop every divergent moment from happening at once at the cost of her own regeneration. New Doctor starts in the reset universe.)

What did he mean by this?

Midnight. Cheap ass boring pretentious trash, i fucking hate its reception online.

is capaldi the most kino doctor character wise? don't get me wrong, others are great too but none of them had the level of character development 12 got. his development into the s10 doctor was great.

Earlier one was cut differently and stretched.

The newer one is just blue filter on anything below the neck whilst earlier took care not to discolour cravat and question mark collar

Do you really think so? Would be interesting to read a detailed negative review of Midnight.

no im just trolling cause the thread is slow desu

>twitter.com/HPPlayLDN/status/917731019675111424

:3

In my opinion, yup.
8 also had notably developed/substantial longform character development (in the audios at least, can't speak to the books) but it lacks unifying vision the way the Moff/Capaldi team has.

read another book

Ninth?

Thank god someone else said it. It was boring and overplayed, the humans were written annoyingly stupid, it was trying too hard to be something special

he said he was trolling, user

end of time. some of the concepts aren't bad, like the doctor and the master both dying, wilf as a companion. but the execution was all over the place.

everything with simm for example was just a total joke, flying in the air, goku lightning bolts, skeleton, eating people, everyone on earth becoming the master, master race....

and then you have shit like 10 being a big dickhead throughout the whole episode, (which people say is the point) okay, but at the end his character arc doesn't even get resolved. he saves wilf and says its his honor but then they wrote the "i don't want to go" line so the whole thing was pointless.

and it really grinds my gears how everyone praises the episode and says how the show went down hill after the episode. i just don't get it.

yes I am mad

rant over

Twelve and Eight definitely have had the most distinct character development out of all the Doctors. I'd argue that Twelve's is overall more subtle than Eight's was, though.

As for which is most kino in general... No prizes for guessing which I'd choose.

>it lacks unifying vision
i-it's not his fault, neo! it's not his fault!
It's an inherent problem with the nature of Eight's stories and their existence during the wilderness years, being handled by so many different writers with so many different opinions on how he should act and where his character should go. At least it all culminated in a recognisably different character—one that still remained true enough to the original to be a logical culmination of all that mishmash of development. It's sort of hard to compare two Doctors that exist in such wildly different forms of media, but they rank similarly in this context regardless.

How long will Jodie's hair be as the Doctor, do you think? It was pretty short in the reveal trailer, but it's definitely a lot longer now, and the regeneration scene was likely recorded after the reveal.

Hopefully it changes between scenes and episodes without explanation

Nice Impossible Planet/Satan Pit digits

For continuity's sake, she'll obviously get it cut and styled again just before filming starts so that it's the same length as in the regeneration scene.

Beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised if she let it grow out over the course of her run, just like Capaldi. I'd like to think that pic related would be her hair length by the end of her run.

Top job Neo.
What order do the stories occur in in your megamix

It's that impulse, that strange little impulse...

Yeah for sure, and I have to credit a fair few writers did good job retrofitting his past development to fit into later stuff, though not so much the post-wilderness years. Credit to Moff too for developing Capaldi so much in a comparatively short amount of time, when McGann has had years and years and years of runs across different formats to grow. Though, like you said - very different circumstances.

Thank you most kindly!
I put the timecodes in the YouTube description, the order is:

00:00:00 The War of the Doctor (1)
00:24:15 The Stolen Regeneration
00:31:34 The War of the Doctor (2)
00:36:20 The Tenth Hour
00:51:47 The War of the Doctor (3)
01:27:48 New Megamix linking scenes (1)
01:32:13 Time Enough and World
02:20:51 New Megamix linking scenes (2)
02:22:26 The Doctor Rises
03:14:48 New Megamix linking scenes (3)
03:17:26 Thrice Upon a Time
03:44:06 New Megamix linking scenes (4)
03:44:48 The War of the Doctor (4)

>McGanon and Neo agreeing on everything

Why is this allowed?
He's got loads more books that keep showing up in my searches.

It HAS to be short, like in the trailer please

How to freshen up series? Introduce immortal omnipotent being and make MC challenge it.
Am I right? Am I right, lads?

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5Uyk7Qr8

What a sham

How to freshen up a series? Introduce a omnipotent immortal being and make MC challenge it. Am I right? Am I right, lads?

>"Big Finish reusing the same stock images because there was a limited amount of promo pics released in the 80s and they've run out of them" edition.
They do it with new promos too.
Ganger body.

Reckon they'd do it those times you derailed the thread to be about politics too?

How do we "fix" S5? Does it need fixing? What could be fixed? Series 5 of NewWho.

Make Vincent and the Doctor a pure historical.
Replace Silurian 2-parter with something better.
Completely rethink Victory of the Daleks, the premise can potentially work but that script needed some more work.
Tighten up some of the Angel stuff in that 2-parter.

A less retarded design for the paradigm daleks.

Ain't that what's you're doing now?

hey trip, nice job continuing a conversation about yourself and not doctor who

What is your opinion on Beast Below?
And I also like Hungry Earth and modern silurian design.

I disliked it (Beast Below) a lot on first watch. I've kind of come around to it now, I don't really enjoying watching it but I recognise it's perfectly fine. I really don't know why I don't like it t b h, it's just one of those weird reactions. I can't pinpoint what sets me off.
What about you?

Literally the exact opposite. I thought it was really enjoyable on transmission but it feels duller and duller as I rewatch it.

If you want to discuss dw but you're gonna complain about past stuff and start stirring shit below every post about said doctor who stuff, you're doing a very counter-productive thing

Your comment here literally has nothing to do with Doctor Who and everything to do with a discussion about yourself. Can you act like all the other trips in this thread and stop circlejerking about your identity and just talk Doctor Who?

Ha, that's interesting. What eps have you had the biggest change-of-minds over?

how about you stop trying to police my posts and instead work on your own

>Your comment here literally has nothing to do with Doctor Who and everything to do with a discussion about yourself. Can you act like all the other trips in this thread and stop circlejerking about your identity and just talk Doctor Who

I was talking who until you're started to rant about politics.

Your comment here, the one I am replying to right now, has absolutely nothing to do with Doctor Who, television or film.

Could it have worked?

Like that one here too
which started the discuss
so who's derailing who here

DELET THIS FEEL

He was talking about cover art and you started moaning about politics, stop being a dick. There's been enough derailing today, both of you need to stop

Holy shit can you stop fucking derailing the thread arguing with anons
Anons in this thread are discussing Doctor Who
The rest of the fucking trips are discussing Doctor Who
You keep making posts about yourself
Stop it

it's not just him, user, it's also too.

You both are derailing equally, you're as culpable since you insist on replying and making a conversation about your own identity

I don't care who started it, I just want them all to finish it. This is /who/, not /defendatripshonour/

>implying I care what trips think

Talking new who,
Tooth and Claw - negative to positive
Human Nature / Family of Blood - neutral to super positive (as a kid I didnt appreciate how kino it is)
Doctor's Daughter - positive to negative
Partners in Crime - neutral to super positive
Cold Blood - positive to negative (I think part 1 is fine)
The Snowmen - negative to neutral I guess
Death in Heaven - negative to positive

Your post, the one I am replying to right now, has nothing to do with doctor who or television and film

Interesting, what caused the switcharound with Tooth and Claw? Kung fu monks in Victorian Scotland is such an RTD idea, heh.

neither does yours you fucking tard

Where did I say we did? We are both actively derailing the thread and making it worse.

I was always bored to death with this episode when I was young and I think it's pretty solid adventure episode now. Has some cute lines about books. Reminder that books.

The Beast Below wouldn't be much of an episode at all if it wasn't for:
>If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind... you couldn't just stand there and watch children cry.
Of course, it's an intrinsic part of the episode, but still...

NEW THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

I was trying to make this point earlier but I'm just getting insulted for it, which seems totally fair.

Also if that user who was watching through Davison is around, I'll be sticking on Warriors of the Deep at some point soon if you're up for it.

Couldn't agree more

This part is beatiful.

Reminder that The Book of Kells
What a whale of a line

was it the veritas?

It was a *very-tas*-min drew centric audio!
Cripes I had to misspell her name to make that "work"

Holy shit. You draw a cylinder for heads, not a circle.

I suddenly feel like a good artist now what the fuck

Does that really work? I've only ever used oblongs.

It does for me. It helps me get perspective.

you do realise that this is just a basic outline sketch right

How do we "fix" mafia?

you do realise that it's a joke, right?

get people to read the fucking rules and not go afk just after starting

It's pretty kino already, learning more roles in future will improve it though

Sorry, it's just that being told to kill myself every time I post a drawing kinda makes it feel like people are serious

nah it's not an insult - it's an improvement to the previous one

Thank you (I did think it was funny, by the way)

What is the most cyberpunk episode of Doctor Who, interlinked? Within cells interlinked, what episodes have the most cyberpunk type vibe and aesthetic. Cells interlinked within cells interlinked.

Cells, Time Heist, interlinked.

Within one stem?

>What a whale of a line

maybe if people would read up on these things like i tell them to

pic

I don't care if you got trips or not, this is just downright creepy as fuck, bordering on obsession. This is a real person not an actress or a character. Please stop this.