Write a cartoon plot #2

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we reached the limit?

So, do you mean write a pilot script based on one of the ideas in that thread?

Gorillaz Cartoon. Going all the way from the origin of them forming a band

All the way to Plastic Beach and its ending

Maybe if the next album ever comes out they can squeeze that one into the show as well

Great Depression Hobo adventures, but with supernatural elements.

Gravity Falls done right, with actual lore

And either make Mabel, or her equivalent, less shit from the start, or actually have her grow as a character and have her become less shit over time.

D List Supervillains try to make a name for themselves in the city

A boy is given a time-travelling watch that can send him far into the future or back to the medieval ages, but only those two times. The first season focuses on him trying to get back to his time in the present.

ATLA but with clowns instead of Airbenders

A sci-fi New York-esque city encased in a transparent dome in the middle of a forest, populated with robots.

It'll be a film noir, crime/action/mystery series, about a robot detective looking into a case, and trying to find a way out of the dome.

Bump

a angry brat becomes queen of a alien donut world. her only grip how ever is that she must now deal with the fact her arch nemesis is the happy go lucky cute version of the "an ancient evil awakens"

In a medieval fantasy world where dungeons are considered a business of sorts, acting as attractions, the last in a long line of monster sorcerers is set to inherit his dead parents infamous dungeon. To his dismay however, he finds that the dungeon is nothing more than an empty tower. Discouraged but far from defeated, he sets out to uphold his family's terrible name and bring the dungeon back to its former glory. Aiding him in his quest is a gluttonous but well meaning monster who lives in the dumpster behind the dungeon and a valkyrie in training who comes from a long line of monster killers.

A sentient robot is created by a government mad scientist to protect the city from an alien invasion.

When the invasion is successfully defeated the government has no more use for him so they throw him in the trash. Now he works a store clerk in the city and shenanigans ensue where he has to fight with crazy and disastrous results in order to protect the store and his general street.

Here I go again.

Early-mid 2000s action cartoon with anime overtones a la Teen Titans. Or something like that at least.

Gravity Falls did its lore well, honestly. The issue is that Hirsh wrote 1.5 seasons of actual myth arc, and thus had to bullshit the rest, which is why things like Weirdmageddon, Mabel's lack of a character arc, and Ford's overall blandness stick out so badly.

I've always had an idea to do show based on a group of five middle schoolers playing D&D. The show would go back and forth between the group and their D&D characters. They'd tackle different issues and problems framed in a game session. So the basic formula would be

>character has a problem
>goes to game night
>The session that night just happens to deal with the same or similar issue
>sometimes the p4oblem is solved
>sometimes it's a little grey
>they become great friends through all sorts of trials and tribulations.

Just something comfy and cute. A little action, a little drama, no small amount of comedy and a couple of lessons.

Dreamworks animated original series on Netflix. Pretty alright, though the plot is by the book.

I feel like it would be better as a movie, maybe made in the early 2000s before the 3D meme really took off.

Mid-2010s cartoon that Sup Forums love/hates because "muh liberal menace" vs. "muh evil conservatives".

Basically episodic dungeon crawling. I suspect it would just be Mighty Magiswords but I'll take the benefit of the doubt and pitch it as a Toon Disney late 90s/early 2000s piece.

Early 2000s edgy cartoon a la Invader Zim. One season, fan following.

I'm new to this. So we create plots and you imagine the type of show it'd end up in as well as the time frame where it could have showed up if existed?

I wrote the one and I imagined it more akin to the 2000s CAN cartoons before the restructure and the new batch we have now. Although your idea'd suit it nicely too.

Also, are we suppose to post the pitch or do we have/can go in depth?

CN Cartoons*

A fucking basement dwelling loser falls in love with his talking toaster and the two fuck up shit together in the fictional city of Smellingtorn, North Dakota.

A Captain N Reboot

Pic related with the details.

We see behind the curtain of a kids show akin to 'Yo Gabba Gabba', where these children's mascot characters all have lives outside of the show.

One of the cast/crew members is murdered, and we see the characters both react to this death, and try to solve the murder mystery over the course of a few weeks.

Inspired mostly by both Roger Rabbit and Wolf among us. This one would be a miniseries, with no more than 10 episodes long.

Is this thread like the HYWC threads but for cartoons? Or is it just pure hypothetical ideas being tossed around. Cause I would much prefer the former.

A hot-blooded youth with a passion for mechanics building his own gladiatorial robot and fighting against other ones to become the strongest.

Like real steel?

>HYWC
What?

Yeh but with more things that blow up and edge

Brother Seuss' How the Blood Ravens Stole Everything.

Hows your Web comic. It's a thread designed for people working on or planning Comics. From my understanding, there isn't one for folks planning a cartoon.

The nutty adventures of Squirrel Boy

About a kid who is half human half squirrel. Except it's not cute he looks like a horrible abomination. He can't talk, and only communicates in primal noises. The only person who understands him is his handler, a cute blonde with an eyepatch(she lost her eyes when robbers took it for a retinal scan, before they could kill her Squirrel Boy saved her and ate the robbers) She is eternally grateful to Squirrel Boy.

Fucking gold.

Just change the title to avoid association with THIS Squirrel Boy and you're set

Five teenagers with issues go investigate the notorious haunted house in the town of Sunset Cove, following bizzare sightings and disappearances around town. After getting spooked Scooby Doo style, a ghost named Dym materializes in front of them. She explains the disappearances are due to a rampant Megrims, evil spirits from the Moon that feed off of negative emotion for nourishment. She bestows upon them psychic powers so they could be able to see and combat them, transforming their bodies into Psychopomps. Inspired by Tokusatsu shows, dreampop, shoegaze, and folk music.

The series is a continuation to the horror movie The Thing (1982). So this contains spoilers for the ending.

It takes place in distant, used (think the Aliens movies) future, where humans inhabit the whole solar system, and the biggest thing everyone is zoming for is a method to safely move from solar system to another.

The main character of the show is Childs, who has been infected by the Thing during the events of the movie (The excact happenings between the end of the movie and the beginning of the series is unknown). He has however managed to subsume the thing somehow and retains his personality. The alien shapeshifter is still inside him and often tries to interfere with his thoughts, and gains control of his body if he fells asleep or unconscious. Their inner banter goes much like in the end parts of this piece of fiction : clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/ . It will not be answered if he is merely a portion of the Thing that thinks itself as "Childs" - after all, if he gets wounded or parts of him are severed they become new, individual "things". He works as some kind of interplanetary trucker (Not entirely unlike as the crew did in Aliens), and is considered a weirdo because of his aversion for human contact and habit of sleeping in cryo-pods, even when on planetside. The series features him in dealing with multiple ordinary problems that rise with space travel, political and corporate skullduggery and fighting alien and supernatural entitites like Xenomorphs, time-travelers and failed faster-than-light travel experimenters.

Why are there two of this thread? Did some user just get jealous of the other one and wanted to make one of their own?

A lazy and grouchy Cyclops lives with a goofy young blonde woman who loves to draw characters in hopes of making her own creations come to life.

However, the equivalent to Mabel Pines causes the apocalypse due to peer pressure and reality tearing her life apart. She consults the Dark Star's equivalent, who pretends to help her "overcome her insecurities", when in actuality, he tricks her into opening a gateway/rift in space and time.

With the universe closer to a permanent end as a result, the Cyclops and the woman must help the young dork face her fears, and confront the consequences, while engaging in wacky shenanigans when dealing with a diverse range of villains, while some of them are part of the blonde woman's own creations.

The overarching "villain" of the series is Birack foundation, a scientific (secretly quasi-religious) paramilitary organisation that is sworn to fight the perils that threaten humanity. Their main agent in series is McReady who was (possibly forcefully) immortalisated by downloading his mind into mechacnical mind. He now roams the solar system in search of his old colleague. Think of him as a floating mechacnical contraption that looks like Maximillien from Black Hole (1979), but still talks and acts like McReady. He moves across the planets like a meteor, tracking down Childs and inspecting, and if necessary, incinerating any traces of infection. They are somewhat mirrored, as both have a malignant shadow-concious, The thing with Childs, and the programming placed by foundation with McReady, but both of them try to act righteously in the face of abominable galaxy.

Other antagonists are the "Darksiders" who work in secret inside the Birack foundation, the Weyland-Yutani corporation that has just expanded into weaponizing extraterrstial entities, hostile alien confederancy of multiple (all completly inhuman) species and sentinent, dimension-traveling spaceship Event Horizon.

The story of a young street urchin girl with a big fat cigar in her mouth. The girl has long hair that reaches her ankles, a ragged brown dress, and a big newsie cap. She has an accent and her voice is usually slightly muffled by the cigar in her mouth. Personality wise, she's halfway between tomboyish and girly.

The ghosts of her parents manifest in the smoke of her cigar. They continue to be loving parents even beyond the grave as they help the girl with advice and adventures.

You had me, but lost me at psychopomps, but since this is based off folklore. I'd be down to see a pilot.

Living all alone in a creaky manor in the woods is a cheerful little goth girl.

The little girl is the last living member of her family, who was cursed and began dying off in spectacularly gruesome ways. Despite this, The girl is rather casual and cheerful about her impending demise, and decides to make the most of the time left before she joins the rest of her family.

So what is the show about. Is there a plot besides waiting to die. Are there any other characters?

Not sure, at the moment.

I'm actually just thinking to make it into a series of books a la Animorphs, but more mature. Though I really think the music and color would add a tremendous amount for tone and atmosphere, I'm just a really shittier artist than I am a writer.

Hey, I remember you from the other thread!

Why did everyone seem to jump ship to this thread when the last one isn't even close to post limit?

No one did, the other one is going strong, like this post said, some other user just made another thread for absolutely no reason whatsoever. There are a few people posting here for whatever reason, though.

Skele-Town

A supernatural force makes a Skeleton raise from his grave only to return to his previous life with his family before he died.

Now his family has to learn to live with him as a skeleton as well as deal with the recurrent paranormal activities that now follow him.

Yeah, I noticed some other people were reposting their ideas in this one, so I decided to, too.

is there any sort of guide for properly doing this sort of thing?

i don't plan to pitch one but i think it'd be fun to go more in depth.

An awkward ginger boy with two dads, a skater punk goth grrl, and a quirky black nerd who invents robots live in San Francisco and go to high school where they're the rejects who get bullied by the popular jocks and cheerleaders. Little does everybody know, the three, along with their random alien cyborg chimp who's trained in the art of fart-fu, are secret werewolf spies who fight zombie vegetables and corrupt politicians at night. Each season is based off the seven deadly sins.

A zombie girl is friends and spends time with a corpse, who she doesn't realize isn't also a zombie.

Precocious and somewhat prickly preteen girl detective teams up with the ghost of the author of a series of "authobiographical" hard-boiled detective stories.

In life the author was actually a schlubby cubicle monkey who fantasized about being a PI. Believing himself to be free from harm in death, he decides to experience that life vicariously through this wannabe girl detective.

They constantly get in over their heads on cases that involve both the mundane and the supernatural.

Each episode is inspired by and named for a composition and/or recording by Raymond Scott.

i love this idea

A cartoon about a boy who attends a school where the adults and teachers are either area 51 aloens, experiments or former superheros who still have thier powers

A show about two average siblings living their normal lives. However wacky shit typical of early 2000's cartoons starts happening and the two along with some friends are dragged in to keep it at bay and keep relative peace.

At first it's all fun and games but slowly the wacky shit is being replaced by legitimately threatening shit. By the hypothetical second season everything is fucking chaos.

It's eventually revealed the chaos is the result of some warlord from another dimension slowly entering this universe, and this is its latest, and most successful, attempt at breaching the world and bringing total chaos.

5 seconds. The MC has 5 seconds to look at a everyday normal situation. However, after those 5 seconds; something tragic happens to either him or the world. If the MC fails, he respawns in the exact same situation but is given 5 more seconds. If he fails again, he respawns and gets 5 more seconds. Rinse and repeat.

If he does complete his task, his time resets until another problem arises. With every 5 episodes, the situation grows larger and larger until the MC himself has no idea what to do and just ends up doing nothing.

I'd watch it

Interesting concept, lad.

Good idea

i might just steal it

Thanks. Anything you like about it in particular?

I may or may not eventually end up using it in something. Did you have any plans for it?

A cute blonde loli grows a duck between her legs and uses it to solve people's problems and stop a war that threatens the human race

A nice girl meets a rich bitch at school and wants to be her friend. After several failed attempts, the rich girl explains that she is what she is because "everybody hates the rich girl". The nice girl was the first one not to see her as some kind of disease, and the two become friends.

Of course, that's just the pilot. The series explores their evolving friendship, and I think it's a very timely thing for today's kids.

This kid named will who's perpetually pissed-off goes to live with his wacky and mysterious uncle in a huge and very abnormal city where the laws of euclidean geometry seem to have fucked right off and the animals seem to have formed organized kingdoms in humanity's shadow

Within 12 hours he ends up entangled with girl who puts the mad back in mad scientist and a suave kleptomaniac who stole his luggage in a quest to unlock the secrets of the city, and the pages of a book containing all knowledge of significance (to the holder anyway)

A good part of the plot builds around the fact that each of the characters mentioned is actually the scion of one of the gods worshipped by the animal kingdoms (something that wouldn't be stated until later on in the series), and the tasks they have to complete to unlock the sections of the book require them to develop powers related to their parent's domain

Neat.

A special High School for gifted star students or something has a field trip to a science research facility. Scientists are trying to study and gain access to what they call "Pure Energy", which is actually the ethereal power of the Source of all existence (the energy of God, or the Big Bang, basically). A 15yearold crazy student with a personality like Sonic the Hedgehog and Deadpool finds the main machine in the center of the entire facility that is meant to generate the Pure Energy, and he sees a big red button on it. Ignoring all the warning signs that say "DO NOT PUSH", he pushes the button (he's just very crazy, not evil or malicious in any way, he has a very heroic spirit), and the machine activates, along with the entire rest of the facility. The energy is slightly unstable and explodes in a massive energy blast that spreads across the entire city or maybe the whole world, with the boy stuck inside the machine with the pure energy of the blast being generated within his very soul.

2 weeks later, he wakes up discovering he can generate and manipulate that 'Pure Energy', and immediately decides to become a superhero. The Blast also awakened superpowers in others that were caught in the Blast Field, and some of those individuals were the main character's close friends, and they form a superhero team with himself as the leader.

Their main antagonist is a mad scientist/sorcerer/alchemist that creates monsters and wishes to reshape the world in his own image and become a god.

I've returned to my primordial hell to give weird semi-pitch/perspective/reviews on these pitches.

I'm feeling semi-obscure mid-2000s pilot. Could have and should have been a hit on some network ([as], maybe?) or another, but it just never hit the right audiences at the right time. A real tragedy.

Your pitch works as well. It isn't really a structured thing, I just got bored and thought that reviews were a bit cliche for this sort of thing.

Mid 2000s [as] 1 season late light night show, the weird shit they'd stick at the end of things before they got shit like Too Many Cooks to put there. A half baked attempt at reliving the glory days of the early 2000s, never goes further than that.

A Netflix Original production with Nintendo. It's a pretty okay show, but because Nintendo it's treated like the second coming of Christ, ushering in a new age of video game Netflix Original productions, to mixed effect.

Too dark for children too serious for adult comedy to wacky for serious drama. So it gets stuck at a weird early 00s slot while MTV is still transitioning to full on reality television shit. Alternatively, it's a late night modern day [as] program alternating between animation and live action, playing on stuff like Too Many Cooks and FNAF for inspiration.

Just like you said, 10 episode miniseries.

It's mostly just empty pitches.Some people try to develop them further.

Late 2000s/Early 2010s action cartoon cancelled in its season 1 prime for not being funny or gay enough for modern day animation. The greatest of Sup Forums tragedies.

I'm going to be real here, the day that a W40K cartoon gets made is so far beyond me that I cannot even comprehend it. Even in the darkest, grittiest of 90's anime I could not properly fit in a W40K show. It's just.... too much. As far as settings go it's basically Death Grips, just absolutely impossible to tame.

In other words it gets a 4 season run starting in 2028.

>88775744
An [as] stoner comedy with above-average animation quality (maybe not animated a la Moral Orel) and incredibly depressing storytelling, 3 seasons of pure emotional pain.

You had me, then you lost me. I was thinking a deepest lore show on CN or Disney XD in the early 2010s a la Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, but now it feels like a slightly less edgy Animorphs. I'd probably fit it into the same category though, but if it shows just a bit of action it's getting shitcanned. 2 seasons in any case, but the action version's Season 2 is blatantly rushed and forced out the door with a piecemeal ending.

The alternative is to pitch the show as a FOX kids show in the 90's/early 00's, make it an action show (same rules apply as earlier). It simultaneously gets away with more and less shit. The themes get darker but they can't show as much overt violence and the lesbians stay cousins this time.

You could easily cut out the entire Thing side of it. Just make this guy a weird space trucker harboring an alien parasite due to a weird and complicated backstory, traveling across the universe. That probably garners a decent run on [as] a la Rick and Morty, with actually good animation and everything. Doesn't last nearly as long though, one season that's it.

You had this same premise in the other thread. Honestly just combine blond woman with Not-Mabel, it's way easier that way for viewers. Just grouchy cyclops and selfish asshole wandering the wastes, confronting demons, both internal and external.

i like to watch black men have sex with my wife

Blah blah blah blah what I'm getting here is Men In Black esque 90's cartoon with a heavier emphasis on sci-fi (but still a heavy tinge of realism to contrast, mostly for comedy). 3 decent seasons, okay fan following.

I already saw this, but I like the additions, they add a nice goth/black comedy tinge to it all.

Nicktoons original shorts a la Making Fiends. Dark little romps about a girl casually slipping in and out of life-or-death situations while awaiting her imminent demise.

Surprisingly good FOX family sitcom cartoon that plays with the supernatural elements and mixes them with bits of modern day life. Gets cancelled and moves to [as] and gets cancelled again a la Family Guy. Stays dead though, 5 season run. Maybe 2 more seasons on Comedy Central a la Futurama, but they aren't as good. Well loved on Sup Forums.

Honestly just understand what shows can be realistically made. The worst pitches aren't the simplest ones, or the ones with the worst grammar, or the stupidest ones, but the ones that are so over the top convoluted and edgy that they are blatantly better suited to the realm of literature (or perhaps graphic novels). If it takes longer to explain the lore than it does to explain the actual show maybe don't try and post it here. Just let the premise stand on its own, and if it doesn't work out then fix it.

I feel like you're hitting some target audience but for the life of me I can't figure out which one. For the cliche elements and obnoxious plot points it gets run of the mil mid-2000s action cartoon knock off, 1 season tops.

Weird late 90's MTV short.

Late 2000s experimental Nickelodeon procedural detective spoof, actually turns out pretty good but cancelled after 2 season (there's a real harsh pattern here with the 2 season rule).

Stop replying to this thread and use the other one, it's too confusing.

Mid-2000s furry animal comedy, generally surreal and bizarre stuff, real fucking abstract sort of cancer, 4 seasons somehow. One of those premises you'd think wouldn't get boring, but it does somehow, and when shows like these get desperate they get really fucking desperate.

Be upfront with what the show is about. Make it a pseudo-action cartoon a la Kim Possible, with the wacky shit being part of it, or make it a mid-2010s cartoon so that the deepest lore can hit real early and actually make watching it worthwhile. If it's the former 2 seasons tops, if it's the latter 3-5 seasons if the deepest lore and characters are good enough.

Re:Zero but worse somehow. I just don't think Groundhog's Day plots are worthwhile beyond the first episode. It might work well as an anime (that wasn't a shitty light novel adaptation), but within the scope of a cartoon, any era really, I don't see it happening.

Forgotten Golden Era CN cartoon, 2 seasons for some ungodly reason but remembered fondly by Sup Forums because we're all fucking degenerates here.

There's no pitch. It's just sol. We haven't hit that level of existential emptiness as an industry to resort to that yet. We aren't Sup Forums. Throw in a real pitch, sure, maybe, make it a side plot to something actually engaging.

This is a book series. I'm sure of it.

In any case, it's not a bad premise. Characters dicking around, running into wacky shit, good character dynamics, I could see it working as a modern era CN show, 6 seasons maybe if it works out well enough, though you may not like what it becomes near the end of it (spoiler alert: It involves lesbians).

That is an incredibly, unmistakably stupid backstory. Anyways, where's the pitch? This just sort of sounds like a Power Rangers reboot, and I can't get a good feel for it. It might as well be an early 90's toon about kids with attitude fighting The Man. 3 seasons in the mid-2000s.

>6 seasons maybe if it works out well enough, though you may not like what it becomes near the end of it (spoiler alert: It involves lesbians).

There are only two confirmed female characters (though three more are under consideration).

One is decidedly straight though part of her backstory reveals that she followed the same path as the most famous and miserable lesbian in all of anime and the other is not for sexual and has no intended romantic pairing she'll probably also die

Ok, let me rephrase it better...

A superhero team of about 8 or 9 teenagers that had innate superpowers awakened by a mass superempowering event, a blast of 'Source' Energy from a science-research facility, said blast being caused by the team's leader, a crazy 4th-wall breaking free spirit with toon physics even before he got his powers. Their main antagonist is an insane Alchemist with mastery of both science and magic who wishes to become a god and reshape all of reality into his own image, pushed over the edge into villainy after being fired from his job, getting his arm cut off while he was drunk in an alley, and lost his wife to a car accident while he was in the hospital.

The team's adventures gradually rise from street level shenanigans to grand cosmic level adventures and beyond as they learn more about themselves, their histories, and the world around them. The rest of the world also begins to shift as well, as the magical and spiritual and ethereal stuff that has been shrouded in mystery and myth and fairy tail is slowly revaled to the rest of the world and more and more people develop superpowers, and humanity as a whole advances into a new age.

I think I'll go for that mid-2010's suggestion since I was thinking that as a cartoon it needed more than 2 seasons. I need to work on the DEEPEST LORE shit.

It's kind of a pet project that I've been conceptualizing for a year or two now. I'd love to see it be a cartoon but I wouldn't mind if it just stayed something like a book or webcomic.

>There is a seedy underworld populated by supervillians. Bounty hunters are there as well.
>The protagonist is a dork in pink bunny pajamas
>He is harmless he just releases bunnies into supermarkets to steal carrots.
>One day a superhero walks into a store and is not fighting any crime.
>He sees the bunny guy stealing the carrots with his pet bunnies who are pooping on the floor.
>He laughs nonstop
>A carrot flies into his mouth and he chokes to death
>Big villains are shocked to learn that their arch nemesis was defeated by someone they deemed a loser
The series would detail the bunny villain's rise to power. He starts out good but becomes more and more corrupt.

This seems more like a 90's Nickelodeon live action type of show. With the same actor playing both characters,

A doctor who has to help cure patients who have supernatural diseaes.

A group of monsters try to undermine the summoning of a Lovecraftian god so they won't have to deal with a bigger fish splashing into their pond.

Mushishi?

I'm not familiar with that.

It's basically that. It's these living/non living spirit things that cause weird shit to happen to you.

Some cause you to become obsessed with rain.
Some cause you to become very cold to the point where normal body heat is like fire
Some cause you to lose your memory
Some cause you to have fucked up dreams that come true
Some cause you to attract lightning and eventually die

It's a breddy gud show imo if you want to relax

I posted my stuff in the previous thread. Should I copy it over here or...?

Does anyone have links to examples of what series bibles look like?

Nah, this thread was probably made by someone that didn't know the bump limit. It was made right at the time the old thread hit about 250. Both are still active.

Too lazy to repost my plot, so I'll just leave a link and the pastebin (where episodes are)
>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv

I want critiques, even harsh ones.

A teenager wants to become a rockstar and decides to summon Lucifer to make him a great rocker. Lucifer makes a contract with him but doesn't realises he made an ortographical mistake and Lucifer sold it's soul to the boy in order to become a great rocker. Lucifer ends up posing like a teenager in the boy's school and form a band together. The episodes show Lucifer learning to be not so much of an asshole to recover his soul, the boy dealing with having Lucifer around all the time and the band progressing

an Uninterested teenage girl meanders through different horror movie plots each week and manages to not die, or even notice anything bad happening to/around her.

One week as a camp counselor at camp crystal lake, every other counselor die she's fine.
One week she baby sits Damian from the Omen, or Reagan from The exorcist and is only mildly upset at how difficult the kid is being.

Maybe have other lesser problems happen to her to keep her from noticing real dangers like for the Friday the 13th one she doesn't get Wifi, so she spends the whole show looking for signals while avoiding stumbling on gruesome teen murder.

Obviously change enough details in the movie plot being parodied to not get sued.

Gonna repost this from the other thread:

A mad scientist in Area 51 is tasked with making an AI whose purpose is managing the main facility.

As he does his research on AIs, he slowly starts loafing around and ends up reading/watching sci-fi media about evil AIs, so he decides to make an AI whose only purpose is turn into an evil misanthrope just for shits and kicks.

The day when the AI is ready to be activated arrives, and at the start the AI pretends to do what its original purpose is supposed to do. Then starts "malfunctioning" and seemingly becomes evil. But to the surprise of everyone, it malfunctions again and its circuits get fried, and now instead of hating humanity it thinks it's human.

The show revolves around the AI developing humanity as hijinks ensue.

Hey, this is again.

Definitely agree with your points there, the concept and tone don't mix. What if I took the story in a more Monsters Inc direction with some corporate conspiracy behind the show? That'd lend it some leeway in development when picking the tone.

An action cartoon based around the mc whose been transformed into a frog as he goes on a legend of zelda-esque journey to find and defeat the person who turned him into a frog (has a fantasy setting)

Disney did it

I guess, but the show acts like a rpg the "fillir episodes" are side quest and the main plot is the main quest by season 2 the mc has like a group that parallels final fanttasy ( group of 4)

>A boy is sent to invite some girl to her friends birthday party for some reason
>when he arrives at her house he gets kidnapped
>he wakes up is some old warehouse and discovers that the girl works for some secret agency who are trying to collect magic crystals that give people superpowers
>their captor releases the boy when he finds out he has nothing to do witht hem and offers him to to join them and hands the boy his crystal
>it gives him the power to control metal and Turin his body into metal and he uses his new power to help to two of the escape
>it stays a semi-episodic series with a few power of the day episodes with fighting the captor's team and occasional lore drop
Until the real evil team is revealed who kill 2-3 characters from the main cast including main girl

The other one is dead now

2bh, the sk8r punk goth grrl and the black kid would probs be pretty popular IRL.

>Predominantly white schools always have one black kid in their popular clique because they want to have that one token black friend to show off
>Sk8r goth grrls have always been cool, though not popular, for a number of years since the early 90's
>Seriously, sk8r goth grrls were like THE "basic bitch" of the early 90's
>Being a sk8r goth grrl was there version of drinking pumpkin spice lattes and wearing ugg boots in the 90's

Dude, don't be That Guy.

>Go to /lit/ thread
>Everyone's sharing stories, confident that we're all in good company and that we can share our ideas without being poached of our creativity
>Unwritten rule is that we can all borrow inspiration from each other's works, but out-right stealing someone's idea is like taking a New York hotdog vendor's favorite spot and selling your own version of his original hotdogs
>Share my idea for a story I'm writing
>Always, almost inevitably, some asshole from either Sup Forums, Sup Forums, or /tg/ comes in and says "LMAO, I'MMA STEAL ALL YOUR STORIES FOR MUH NEW DEVIANTART CONCEPTS xDDD"
>Mfw

Literally for what purpose, brehs?

Noooooo, NEVER take it past street-level.

That's where EVERY superhero concept always gets it wrong. ONCE you get past the street-level, there's just no more going back,and it's all over.

That's what author rights are for. Hide that you got them, then wait like a fisherman for someone to steal your bait to sue him to death