Assault Weapons Ban

If Hillary wins, how in the world would an Assault Weapons Ban be enforced?

There are millions of them, and even millions more high capacity magazines.

It's obvious that these are a problem, with Sandy Hook, Orlando, and San Bernadino have clearly proved it. How do we convince these gun owners to turn them all in without encountering massive resistance or non compliance?

>assault weapon

In answer to your question, it won't be.
Here in New York when the Safe Act was passed less than 2% of the people registered their assault weapons. you can guess where the rest of them are.

The only way they hope to win the war on guns is by slowly turning public sentiment against them by brainwashing future generations. Make them unpopular, while simultaneously chipping away at the niche interests (SBRs, SBS', suppressors, etc.) until you can eventually move to a full-on ban. It's not gonna be a sudden thing, even if she did get elected, but no matter what the gears are always in motion, and the people operating those gears are thinking about the long haul.

Also, you're a faggot.

Don't assume they actually care that much about compliance rates. The point is to criminalize their political opponents and enforce at least the semblance of conformity. If they can make you hide the fact that you own things, fear police attention, prevent younger people from ever getting into gun ownership, and convince people the "threat" has been dealt with, they've achieved most of what they want.

wtf i hate freedom now

If they're not registered at purchase, and there is no license required to purchase it, confiscation is impossible without door to door searches.

There are so many gun stores that it would take forever to subpoena them for purchase records. Even if they did, private sales are not tracked.

There is a reason why people are so against registering their guns.

Go door-to-door and attempt to arrest people who own them?

No really, that's the only way you can do it. Doing that you send police, military, or federal agents into an armed person's home. You put lives at risk doing this.

>assault weapon
define this please

>If Hillary wins, how in the world would an Assault Weapons Ban be enforced?
It can't.

>How do we convince these gun owners to turn them all in without encountering massive resistance or non compliance?
You don't.

The original definition was literally any gun from a catalog that liberal politicians think looks scary or could be readily confused for a machine gun from 1980's Hollywood action movies. Doesn't matter how they function.

the real danger would be having the vehicles bombed by remote detonation when they got anywhere close to the neighborhood. Imagine an MRAP full of feds getting destroyed by an IED based on raghead design but with american consumer available materials.
one of the things occupation in the middle east showed us is just how devastating these things are

Nothing is going to happen, except all 30rd magazines will get 2x more expensive for 2-4 months if she is elected.

Also these people who own these weapons aren't mudslimes who don't know how to shoot.

She can ban them, go ahead, but she's a moron if she thinks it will actually work without some form of retaliation from owners.

Buybacks won't work either.

FPBP

She'll get elected and it will be post-sandy hook all over again. no weapons to be found. no ammo to be found.

Then she'll nominate the jew to the supreme court, he'll get in and we'll just have to hope that the "assault" rifle legality issue doesn't make it there otherwise it'll be banned for all time.

We'll also have to worry about the dem house and senate passing "assault" rifle ban laws.

Why is SBR even a thing?

Republicans will keep the House and block everything, but her and the ATF will probably pull more fuckery like Obama tries. They'll always be poking and probing, seeing what they can do to eat away at gun rights.

So many tragic boating accidents.

>we must ban assault weapons
They are already banned goy what you are thinking of are semi automatic rifles
>mass shootings are a serious problem so we need to ban them
All mass shootings in the last 20 years with the exception of the theatre one were in gun free zones
>people that own guns are violent
Areas with high legal gun ownership have very low crime rates compared to those that dont
>assault weapons can kill so many people
>all rifle deaths in the last 20 years account for only 6% of homocides where as handguns account for 63%
>if we ban them then the crime rate will go down
No because criminals dont obey gun ownership laws and niggers will continue to nig
>our country has a gun violence problem
Funny thing if we remove the 14% black population the U.S. homicide rate becomes that of Switzerland

Anything else?

Look up the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968.

What do you mean? Its a rifle with a barrel less than 16". What else is there to discuss?

The only buy backs are going to be people finishing cheap 80% lowers and turning a profit selling off their old basic parts so they can buy better ones. Government subsidized gucci AR upgrades for everyone

swat with their fancy 5.56 and body armor. I guess we'll find out how invincible they are against 7.62x54

Those "assault" weapons have the exact same capabilities of hunting rifles they just look scary. Do some research and you will figure that out.

If Tyrone and his pavement ape friends want to break into my house either way they will die.
If my government tries to take away my freedoms I will stand with freedom loving americans because that is what the second amendment is for.

I think the biggest problem is finding enough soldiers and cops not only willing to betray their fellow neighbors and their own morals, but go conduct the largest undertaking of urban warfare since Stalingrad and Falluja.

You do realize like 80% of the military does not believe in gun confiscation right?

This. They'll just grandfather in all the old weapons and ban future sales. In a couple hundred years we would be effectively gun-free.

Remember that banning guns is not in the interest of public safety, it's to make citizens powerless against the government.

fellow nugget owner spotted. 54R goes through armor like a hot knife through butter.

Arguably the largest urban assault in history. The USA in an awfully big country. We can't even lock down a country the size of California, good luck taking us all.

>taking on SWAT and the military who are professionally trained and armed with select fire weapons
>with an ancient mass produced Russian bolt action
That's a nice fantasy but there's a lot more to modern warfare than ballistics.

Being in the military I can tell you that the vast majority are not well trained. They forget that shit and get lazy as fuck. That and most believe in gun ownership and will not act against americans.

You don't. You fucking idiot.

>implying mosin
>implying average soldiers are skilled shooters
>implying citizens cannot be skilled shooters
>implying military forced confiscation is remotely realistic

The first day of attempted confiscation would set off the next civil war, pretty simple how this would all pan out.

Hillary has no intention of actually trying to take everyone's weapons, rather, she's just pandering to her retarded dipshit audience who believes she will.

NOBODY going for highest office is stupid enough to think they could ever feasibly take back everyone's weaponry at this point. Not gonna happen, but it makes a great newsreel clip for that old roastie to talk about whenever she needs to fire up her fans.

That's true, but then again most civilian gun owners go through absolutely no training except stationary shooting in a standing position at a stationary paper target. Plus the military are taught maneuvers and field communication methods that keep the enemy under pressure, i.e. providing suppressing fire while squadmates move in. This would be hard for a civilian group with zero practical combat experience to accomplish.

You laugh, but it's actually a real legal term.

If you have a remotely competent militia force you can rely on, that's awesome, but keep in mind that your gun-toting friends who go to the range every other weekend to shoot paper are not gonna perform anywhere nearly as well when shit really hits the fan.

>They are already banned goy what you are thinking of are semi automatic rifles
Wrong, with the proper paper work with the ATF you can own full auto weapons

Determined civilians are fully capable of waging effective guerilla resistance.

If it ever came to that I'm sure I'd be killed but I'm also sure I'd take a few down first.

Reference: Korea, Nam, Iraq, Syria, Libya

No it would mostly be long range sniper attacks with little risk. A hunter's .338 bolt gun with home built suppressor would be much more dangerous to troops than a tacticooled AR

>tfw you will never be GROM

And Americans are going to perform much better when told to go kill their fellow Americans?

We had huge problems Nam draftees shooting high because they didn't want to kill gooks. How do you think they'll fare when asked to kill American patriots?

>boating accident

I thought leafs used the "forest fire" line

>Clinton tries a permanent Assault weapons ban
>1+ million gun owners show up in Washington DC and remove her and the cucks in Congress who voted for it from office by force
Glorious.

>implying that hundreds of thousands of weapons owners are not better trained than the local podunk SWAT team

SWAT is not in any way impressive, they receive very little training and even less range time.

>Having to submit to the ATF for clearance.
Whats the problem then? Why don't they ban the ATF?

Good luck getting 338LM or 338WM in subsonic without inaccurate home reloads.

The regulation of it. Why are rifles with barrels shorter than 16 inches and pistols with stocks such as the C96 treated as if they're literally worse than Stalin.

gun laws dont make sense, i assume its because they think theyre "more concealable". Same reason in some states telescoping or folding stocks are banned, even though having them locked in the shortest position is legal.

Creeping regulation. One by one, gun owners are diagnosed as insane or recognized on lists of medical marijuana users and so on. Meanwhile every TV show and classroom hammers on the idea that gun ownership is itself insanity, plus Lying Jack Kerkove's brilliantly stupid argument that the Constitution does not exist.

>It's obvious that these are a problem, with Sandy Hook, Orlando, and San Bernadino have clearly proved it. How do we convince these gun owners to turn them all in without encountering massive resistance or non compliance?

Start by killing yourself right now.