Ultimates ancillary storytime - Kosmos

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH

Beyonder backstory! Starting with some Lee/Kirby FF. Because dammit I can't help myself.

Shaper of Worlds: (The Cosmic) Kubik:

Whelp, I already fucked up:
Cosmic Cube/Kubik: I GOTSA GOOD FEELIN ABOUT TODAY

Nota bene: I've chucked in some last-minute extra stuff to start because, like with the last thread, there ain't a lot of material and I like being thorough.

NB#2: I won't be able to post tomorrow so I'm aiming to get this done way quicker than the last two. I ain't even read some of this myself, to save on time.

Therrrrrre might still be breaks though.
WAY SHORTER BREAKS rest assured.

Early warning: I ain't doing Hickman stuff.

Well... maybe a few pages o' Hickman stuff...
SOMEBODY STOP ME

I will read this after the Byrne run

And then OP died.

Why didn't The Watcher just show up at the Baxter Building and warn them instead of doing this bizarre teleporting fireball?

>Some other dimension
Reed, he Watcher's house is on the Moon, you're a dumbass.

>Johnny doesn't know what molecules are
That's what happens when you skip high school classes to go superheroing. Then again, he probably should have learned about molecules in Primary school unless things were different back in the 60s.

Sorry, a family friend's over for New Year's and food was ready. Took longer than expected.

Can't remember the issue, but there's an early Lee/Kirby FF story where Johnny uses his heat powers to make a 'heat mirage' reflection.
Of an object on the street outside the building he's in.
When he's on the 100th floor.

The science in this gets soft enough to sleep on.

That's not how magnets work Stan.

This would be only the first of many times when Uatu blatantly breaks his oath.

>Acme
Whatever happened to the Marvel Universe's Acme? We don't see them around anymore, did Stark, Osborn and Roxxon drive them out of business?

You see?!
YOU SEE?!

I'd imagine WB did.

I love you OP. FF is such an under-appreciated gem these days. Mostly because casuals find it hard to get into.

Thanks for reminding me the FF can be really good with the right writer.

Downloading this issue to start with was a last-minute idea so glad it was worth it.

Early Johnny was such a badass. He was always out superheroing because he loved being a good guy. Constantly experimenting with his powers. Hell the original Frightful Four were his very own rogues gallery before they teamed up to destroy the FF entirely.

Sure there was immaturity to the guy but he had lots of potential. Unfortunately many writers just default him to an immature jock type hero who won't be able to creatively beat his villains without Reeds help.

The guy aint no read but he had spunk.

I'm not that into the FF personally, since I figure everything that made them THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE has since been carved up & partitioned off. Marvel has multiple team books, cosmic books, comfy books, event books etc so the experience they provide's not really special anymore.

That said random issues have been cropping up more & more in my reading lists, so I'm increasingly tempted to dive in just because.
I've got the "Great American Novel" website open in another tab atm, I'll see how I feel after giving that a thumb through.

shet

Molecule Man's next few appearnces technically weren't him, so I'm skipping over them.
I downloaded the story where he came back in the flesh though. Anyone interested or should I skip that too?

He does the heat mirage thing at least twice.

I'm talking about the dynamite one. There was demolition work going on outside the Baxter Building and he "reflected" it into the room to psyche out whoever they were fighting.

Isn't this blatant interfering on Uatu's part? He's not even pretending to be a neutral observer here.

Once I read it myself I'll get back to you on that.
Any preference re: that MM story? It's only 2 issues. And heaavily features Tigra.

SPOILERS user
DELET THIS

Oops, oh well, it's a 30-something year old story anyway.

Ah shit I just realized one of the "technically weren't him" stories was another Man-Thing/Thing-Thing Team-Up. Would've been cool to post for inter-thread continuity.
Ah well. Maybe afterwards.

There's a box in the top corner of your posts and Delete button at the bottom of the page.
I was mostly joking but it'd be nice is all

shet

Believe it or not, I didn't even know one could delete their own posts, now I do, thanks.

>Where's her tail, mommy?
Don't worry kid, soon enough artists will give her a tail for extra furry points.
When did they start drawing her with a tail?

>Lady! He didn't mean any harm, publicly groping women's butts is perfectly legal after all.

np. I found it by accident myself.
You can do it with threads too, though there's a time-limit. Starts a minute after posting and ends... I dunno.

I can only imagine how much complaining about SJWs Sup Forums would do if this page came out today.

Silver Surfer acts like only humans are like this. I've seen enough Marvel aliens to know most of them are exactly like this, if not worse.

captchaaaaa
you shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Panel 4's body-borrowing is why I skipped ahead btw. "Technically" and all that.

Humans are especial desu.
If I'd done the Kree-Skrull War in the last storytime after all I'd have a ready-made example to point to.

Other, better-advanced aliens all shit a brick over humans, they've got some kind of genetic willpower that they can't match.
Think TTGL Spiral Power or Tumblrmeme's Determination.

Thank you Silver Surfer!

I meant more in the sense that the Sufer acts like only humans are greedy and violent, when the vast majority of aliens we see are even more greedy and violent.

Pfhahahaha that third panel's golden.
I'mma have a lot of fun with that one.

I getcha.
And I'm saying humans are ESPECIALLY greedy & violent!
It's how that genetic jargon expresses itself. Either that or Surfer can just TELL, because cosmic senses.

>And I'm saying humans are ESPECIALLY greedy & violent!
Tell that to the Badoon.

I... don't, know now that you mention it.
She DOES have one nowadays right? My heads going all hazy thinking about it.

Yes, she's had a tail for a while. The earliest instance I can think of is from Busiek/Perez's run.

BIKINIS ARE NOT CONSENT

Nobody gives a shit about the Badoon.
Seriously though I think reptilian aliens are a completely different evolutionary branch to other humanoid aliens. Englehart covered it. Something about Celestials.

>Tentacle bondage on a furry
Comic, what are you doing?

Maybe it was in that West Coast/Solo Avegners story where she literally got turned into a cat.

Shooter's got weird kinks.

I believe you're right, that's probably when it happened.

Was this the first time that the Boardthe shield and Mjolnir were destroyed by the bad guy to show how powerful he was? Or jobbing for lack of a better word.

What did MM mean by the shield being "the weirdest of all"?

I don't have an excuse for not remembering: I read it just a few moths ago.
And I only saved stuff that I could give Elder Scrolls filenames.

It was made of 'MERICA

Alternatively, the whole unique Vibranium alloy thing.
Maybe they hadn't revealed that in canon yet and this was the first hint that they would.

>I figure everything that made them THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE has since been carved up & partitioned off. Marvel has multiple team books, cosmic books, comfy books, event books etc so the experience they provide's not really special anymore.
No offense, but you should probably read it first and then form an opinion.

Shit I'm a Thorfag I should know the answer to this...
I... thiiiiiiiiiiiiink it got destroyed once before Simonson? Not molecularly disintergerated, though.

Also I hate the word "jobbing"... because I only ever see it applied to actual characters, not genuine "jobbers".

It's funny how THIS is how Cap first found out that Tony Stark was Iron Man.

Read the next post too bruh.
Maybe gimme your two cents on that Great American Novel thing, if you've heard of it.
I've read a fair number of arcs here & there already (Kirby, Buscema, Byrne, Simonson, Claremont, even Waid) but none of it's really grabbed me.

Did they get mind-wiped later, or did Tony only come out to people one-by-one?
Carol didn't know uintl Busiek's 90s/00s run.

He initially came out to people one-by-one. Then he mind-wiped everyone on Earth into forgetting and went back to coming out to people one-by-one. Then he made his identity public and that was the end of that.

Donald Blake's explanation is weird. By this point in time, he already knew that Donald Blake was a creation of Odin to teach Thor a lesson, he was always Thor.

OHHHHHH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm counting pages and am starting to think that maybe these issues were a HORRIBLE IDEA

That shrink would come real handy now, Molecule Man is now crazier than ever, only now he's even more powerful.