So what did you think of Renato Jones, Sup Forums?

So what did you think of Renato Jones, Sup Forums?

"A sort of hallucinatory rage pop 'Punisher from Occupy.' It's gorgeous and also demented." --Warren Ellis

"Renato Jones— that really was pretty terrible– that was just stone dumb. I felt pretty embarrassed for the entire mother-loving Planet Earth, reading that sucker. Image Comics could have stopped that from happening."--Abhay Khosla

Other urls found in this thread:

savagecritic.com/uncategorized/abhay-2016-another-year-that-i-mindlessly-consumed-oh-god-oh-god-make-it-stop-uncle-uncle/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What

Feeling embarrassed for reading a comic or any entertainment is childish as fuck and says a lot about a person.

and abhay is garbage, wtf user.

Who is abhany kholsa?

Sounds like a storytime is in order.

A reviewer.

savagecritic.com/uncategorized/abhay-2016-another-year-that-i-mindlessly-consumed-oh-god-oh-god-make-it-stop-uncle-uncle/

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, review.

pretentious hipster shit the reviewer presents:
pretentious hipster shit

I loved it. Can't wait for the next part.

Every single is full of hamfisted social commentary, is almost impressive.

There should be a character named Hamfist.

>So my notes are filled with (and this all very nearly verbatim) “Renato Jones: The One — that was a pile of shit; just really fucking dumb” and “Seven to Eternity: shitty– like a grocery-store fantasy novel … underwhelming” and “Velvet: did something go wrong?” and “Sex Criminals: the creators showed up in-comic ala Grant Morrison’s Animal Man except to talk about a tumblr post??” and “The Fix: I was just really bored for 95% of it. It was sort of like ‘oh yeah this is what I’ve been avoiding‘” and “Why can’t Image publish more comics for 9-11 truthers?”

This is what pretentious hipster shit is? It's not so bad. I've seen worse this year.

i actually mean the """""""""""""""critic"""""""""""""
and her collection of "talking like a so smart tv show" writing

Seven to Eternity and The Fix are fucking great tho. Once again, Kosla proves he has no idea of what he's talking about.

Abhay Kosla is a man, dude.

His parents should be whipped for giving him a girl's name.
Except it suits him.

don't offend girls like that, i have known more less cringy that abbot kostelo

This was pretty cringy, i waiting for some sign of self awareness or some twist, but there was none.

Should have been MC alias.

It's a little hard for me to read this mock episode preview.

are they though?

Reborn and Monstress are better

Monstress is debatable but
>Millar
I mean for crying out loud, Capullo is barely even trying in Reborn.

Can you people please explain to me what's so bad about this? It's a little hamfisted, yeah, but most comic books are. What's so wrong about this? The one percent sucks, capitalism more or less sucks, it's not exactly a wake-up call or anything and it's pretty in your face and perhaps unoriginal and a bit boring, but it's not too bad, I don't think.

Can you explain what's so good about it?

Not saying it's good, just doesn't really seem noteworthy enough to be bad. I feel like it's over the top and liberal, but that's about it.

I like the mock-up ads, though.

Shifting the burden of proof is a fallacy.

Main character is the umpteenth edgy batman, and has no charisma.
Dialogue sucks, it competently lacks any kinds subtlety or wit.
You can pretty much predict how the entries issue is gonna develop since the first page.
The whole issue felt like going trough a checklist of social issues it had to address.
Art is good, but not good enough to compensate for the awful writing.
This like the liberal equivalent of that shitty comic about what would have happened if Al-Gore had won the election.

Not as good as Ellis says it is but not as completely horrible as Abhay says it is either. I haven't read the other issues yet.

Sounds cancerous, why are you storytiming it?

>Capullo is barely even trying in Reborn.

This is delusional, it's probably your Millar hate thats clouding your eyes.

It's easily on par with his Batman stuff, he even has the same colorist.

It's all you deserve.

does the creator know the riches people in the world are not white or american

who is Abhay Khosla and why do I care about their opinion?

Ellis says nothing about the quality of the book, just that it looks good, which considering its Kaare Andrews is par the course.

Apparently he's a person with opinions and access to the internet.

Writing may suck, but i really love the art of this comic.