>Which version of the first is the best one to watch
The Final Cut

>Do I need to watch the first one
Not really just watch the shorts and you'll have all you need to know going in

>2022 short where replicants cause the blackout
youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

>2036 short where Niander Wallace is getting approval for his replicants
youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

>2048 following Sapper Morton a veteran of the war on kalantha before the blackout, getting reported
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg
youtube.com/watch?v=NujlXgBmUoU
youtube.com/watch?v=XkZ5I_XmubQ
youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=eK_VliWUZO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The Final Cut
Wrong.
>Not really just watch the shorts and you'll have all you need to know going in
If you haven't seen the original, Blade Runner 2049 should be a low priority, unless you're some kind of impulsive consumerist goon who is attracted to everything new and shiny.

Good actress or just eye-candy?

What do you mean by priority you bubbling mongoloid.

mediocre. don't understand what's the hype about. I mean both film and this actress.

following Sapper Morton a veteran of the war on kalantha before the blackout, getting reported
>youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

So was he just in town for a while getting farm equipment, or what? You have to assume he owned the farmhouse, or was at least the tenant, since 2021 when Rachel died. The timeline gets a little murky with this one.

Reminder the ones praising this garbage are literally people that only watch capeshit and a24 movies.

Aside from the meme text, this should have been the real movie poster. Why the FUCK did we get these pieces of shit?

this one's better

Focus group feedback.

Watch the original theatrical release first.

Director's/Final Cut is not canon. It's just Ridley jerking himself off and trying to make Deckard into a replicant which both the original author, screenwriter and Harrison Ford (i know he's just an actor but whatever) all disagree with.

So like are these posters official or not?

Which is a good thing, they're breaking the conditioning of capshit and remakes of movies people don't really care about anymore

Has anyone seen Solider (1998)

Apparently it's the off-world, but not totally confirmed.

Yes

just got back from this. went in blind, only really went 'cause i recognised the director's name (i really like Enemy + Prisoners). I REALLY like it. Prob sounds like hyperbole, but I think it'll be 'the next' Drive.

more like reddit general.

>I blade run
Doesn't have the same ring

Great post, reddit.

It's kind of a niche movie and studios were hoping the big names would attract people not that familiar with the franchise by placing all of them on the poster. It looks really shitty but I understand why they did it.

A high res/stylized version of this would have sufficed.

>"Not really just watch the shorts and you'll have all you need to know going in"
>Be dumb enough to say this

Plot of the movie entirely circles around the outcome of the first one.

both

not "I retire."

Now this has potential.

Higher res no text

I liked the naked girl in goo. Its not the nudity its the vulnerability.

>Stylized

>nuBladeRunner
"smart" sci-fi for the BrBa/Star Wars/capeshit crowd. Nolan 2.0

Eye candy. She has 0 talent.

If they make a sequel (probably not) would you like to see Off-World?

I thought reddit hated it just like all the other normies.

Got any more high res art for 2049?

Why is this movie flopping?

>Got any more high res art for 2049?
just some screencaps from the trailers that are in this

If they were watching something else for sure, but watching this is no different than capeshit.
Its like the ones who watch Korean cinema and think they're above "hollywood stuff" when the reality of it is that its basically Hollywood 2. It gives plebs the ability to say they've seen foreign films and allows them to keep the same type of enjoyment they get from Blockbusters.

>but I think it'll be 'the next' Drive.
You weren't here for Drive were you? That movie was absolutely hated by all the mongs that came here expecting a fast and furious type film. Unlike this shit which has been universally praised by the plebs
Drive became popular with everyone else(mind you this is about posters and not critics) after it became a meme.

>flopping?
because it's not these

It's a hallmark of a masterpiece. You really shouldn't feel sad.

Looks like that pasta went down the memory hole

Damn, is there a frame of this movie that isn't drenched in kinography?

As someone who read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, I liked how Blade Runner 2049 actually showed some more of the environment faithfully to the book (such as the hills and hills of ruins and scrap metal outside of the city that people who worshipped Mercer would see every day in their Mercer boxes). Honestly K is a lot more like Deckard from the book than Harrison's Deckard.

I feel like the director intentionally did this.

This movie really is the "Alien Isolation" of sequels.

at least 3 people walked out on this film when i went to see it. far from adored by plebs.

tfw goose goes full drive

youtube.com/watch?v=NujlXgBmUoU

whats the difference?

redditors love it. and that shows you the current state of Sup Forums

>Wrong.
so which cut?

>Which version of the first is the best one to watch
>The Final Cut

You mean International Theatrical Cut

Director's

>praise across all user based movie related sites instantly
That's adored by plebs. Unlike Drive which initially was only praised by this board
youtube.com/watch?v=XkZ5I_XmubQ

Question user, should I view this movie in the morning or night ?
Gonna see it tomorrow

No Country for Old Men was also praised instantly on all platforms possible, is it a film for plebs then?

I thought Sup Forums liked this Blade Runner?

I've seen it in the afternoon around 12-1, watched it 3 times now but only because the night showings were too full and i wanted a good seat.

I would watch it at night if possible you will be in and out in about 3 hours so pick a suitable time

Is the goose now one of a kino, has he became a real human being and a real hero???

well I liked her character in the movie, if she just played herself then I'm in love with her

0:44 best part of the whole soundtrack
youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q

The final cut was bullshit dude.

Going tonight. Thinking I already know your answers but the imax version is at a pretty late time. Am I fucking up if I go and see the standard version?

2d IMAX is MAX kino

>Am I fucking up if I go and see the standard version?
Deakins said on his own website forum that imax has some extra part of the framing including but it was intended to be seen in normal 2d so you won't be missing out on his vision

Yes and you would know that if you were "here". Assassination > giant gap > NCFOM > dog shit > TWBB
In fact it isn't even in the top 5 for the brothers

>never watch a movie more then once in the movie plexes
>watching this for the third time tonight

imax has better sound and it tends to be so loud that it drowns out even people who are talking so i prefer imax

I watched in 2D IMAX kino, I enjoyed it left me with a migrane and a bunch of feels! Going to see the 11 30 standard screening which I might be alone to watch.

Most certainly in the night.
Go to the latest screening possible so when you exit the theater there is no normie rumble on the streets that will take you out of it.

Walking the foggy cold empty streets of my town completely alone after watching the film was really a special kind of feel.

That's what I meant. 2D IMAX.

Thoughts on this video game kino?

I mean the "EU" for Blade Runner is almost non-existent.

How did she get the role?

yikes
time to stop responding to you

>kill animals
>gets hunted by Bladerunner
>Tax dollars wasted when he lets them go due to MUH EMPATHY

delet this

Man that sucks to be him. So his horse memory was pure coincidence?

Soldier takes place on one of the planets they dumb garbage on. It's a generic action movie but it's still fun to watch

>art

that sounds really nice user. I watched it during the day like a pleb and had to drive home in the full midday sun.

I think its cool that the story is seemingly randomised in every play through, though your actions change shit too like if you're a rep or not. I always feel bad for Lucy, but I remember her being both human and replicant depending on the play through so w/e. I'm not a great fan of the ending where you drive off with her, you get pedo vibes.

Not everything needs a EU. It's okay to let things remain in the past and die.

Are you fucking retarded.

they give that memory to every replicant. but due to the nature of his job (being a detective and all), he was the first one to reach it.

pta babby detected

no, more it was coincidence that the random who that got the memory was the cop who found Rachel.

Anyone notice the Frank Sinatra song is basically talking to Joe directly

>It's quarter to three, there's no one in the place except you and me
>sentimental joe
>I could tell you a lot, but you've got to be true to your code

youtube.com/watch?v=eK_VliWUZO4

DENIS KINONUEVE CAN'T STOP THIS GENIUS

The only thing about the movie was the shitty poster.

But if its illegal to imprint real memories why did she do it?

fucking the posters were such shit how did the marketing fuck up this bad.

>Do I need to watch the first one?

>they give that memory to every replicant
no they don't. the rebellion leader said we wish it was all us talking about being the chosen one.

I hope you fully zipped up your jacket and put your hands in the pockets while walking in a robotic pace because I sure did

because she decided she cared more about sharing memories than obeying the law

why not, who's going to catch her?
>every memory has a piece of its maker

And its just as dumb as Force Awakens. Just a bunch of references and poetry to an old movie and a dumb mystery box detective crap.

Blade Runner 2049 had no point from beginning to end. In the original. you could find 10 different major philisophical points the film had, about the relationship between god and man, mortality, what makes a person real, what does it mean to truly live.. and there are many more.
This film doesnt have any point... at all. The original had like 10 philisophical points you could write books on. This film does not have a single one. Not one. Its sort of mind blowing that they can get away with it.... I feel offended that they can just slap the Blade Runner name on it and have it have nothing to do with the heart of the original.... like if theyd made a new Star Wars film where they didnt mention or have the force. The whole heart and reason for existing is just not there.

Glossy...also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

*the only bad thing

So the super-soldier clones raised from infancy is just a REALLY inferior product to skinjobs? I don't quite see it.

This is great.
They let Ville nad company fill this movie to the brim with unfiltered kino. I think the marketing is where the suits started stepping on the breaks with market research and stuff. They had to get the orange/teal shit in there but at least they kept the aesthetic somewhat.

Considering that she didn't seem to remember it was her own memory, I would think it was an unconscious thing.

are you really suspried though? these mongoloids were calling the last jedi kino yesterday. next month it'll be thor and justice league then whatever garbage they watch during screener season

>Considering that she didn't seem to remember it was her own memory
What the fuck are you talking about?

>she didn't seem to remember it was her own memory

>But if its illegal to imprint real memories why did she do it?
>every artist has a bit of themselves in their work
or something like that she said. she didn't implant the memory directly because it was a boy but she didn't expect it to lead back to her knowing K would be a detective who stumbles across fucking sapper and his box of bones and photos and baby sock

Joshi explains why the memory was there in general