Recently got into the series. No nostalgia or bullshit bias opinions. The movies are a rollercoaster

Recently got into the series. No nostalgia or bullshit bias opinions. The movies are a rollercoaster.

With that being said I wanted to watch the animated shows. I recently finished the CGI film of Clone Wars and it was boring as fuck with about 2 good moments in it I guess.

Now I'm on the series and I have to ask. Does it get good? The first episode was amazing. Yoda being awesome and they somehow managed to have me care about the clones. Now I'm 4 episodes in and I'm worried. It's getting really fucking boring. Long boring dialogue scenes and long scenes of Ship A shooting lazors at Ship B. this cannot be the entire show. Does it get better or should I just drop this now?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Undeniably yes

And it isn't chronological for the most part. It's just a bunch of stories told with blocks of a couple episodes, so you can skip around. I think there's a chart showing which ones you should watch, although I just watched all of them

It's great though

The first season is kind of a mixed bag but it ends on a high note with Hostage Crisis. The show pretty much steadily improves from then on.

Good as in? Less of the shit I've been complaining about

Also Corey Burton does a better Christopher Lee than Christoper Lee. Lee's performace the CGI film was dry whereas Burton's performance in the show adds so much more flavor and personality.

What are the best seasons and the worst?

Good as anything else could be considered good.

Good stories, good action, character development, the animation gets a lot better as the show progresses.

It also tries to fix a lot of stuff that was wrong with the prequels, like Anakin's characterization and his relationship with obi-wan and actual reasoning for going to the dark side

Of course there are shitty arcs but you can just skip them

Where's season 6

Four and Five are probably the best with the first one being the worst.

I have a bias against the new clone wars because I believe genndy tartakovsky's is superior. But it starts getting good towards season 5.

The show does a good job of having you care for the clones instead of just seeing them as cannon fodder, but the character of ahsoka just drags the show down and feels like a shitty fanfic OC more than anything.

Watch it in chronological order instead of the seasonal order.

It's better that way I think.

you're watching it in the wrong order dude
the star wars website released a list of the chronological order

it will be way better that way, i don't even think any of this would make sense if you watched it in the normal order desu

because Rookies is like episode 5 but Clone Cadets comes like 50 episodes later, and Clone Cadets I think is the episode where the Storm Troopers in Rookies become Storm Troopers

real homo how they did it

its a good series though, as long as you pay attention to everything going on and get to know the characters

Not on there, but personally, I'd just watch all of it except for episodes 8 and 9

I think I prefer the 2D more than the 3D. Hand drawn just always looks better but that's a nitpick. Also I have noticed Ashoka feels kind of like a forced character. Doesn't add anything and the probably would be better off without her. Although I won't deny my dick gets hard whenever she calls annakin "master".

ye ashoka is fucking awful
the fug did they give her a tube top

She gets better as the series goes on.

I'm confused as fuck. Why wouldn't the show already be in chronological order?

Fuck guides just watch the whole thing. Especially if you plan on continuing into Rebels.

Why wouldn't the movies be in chronological order?

im not sure, i think they just did the show at the start and then wanted to add flashbacks and fill story in

but if you don't watch it in chronological order im sure you'll just lose track of things that happened and names i imagine

They are though. You have 1-3, then 4-6 just because 4-6 were made 1st doesn't make them chronological or at least it's not confusing.

Why would a 6 season tv series not be chronological though? Are anime implying that there are seasons that take place before earlier seasons? I'm finding what they said to be confusing.

So what is the order to watch it In season wise?

I did, but there are a few genuinely/uninteresting bad arcs

It's an anthology. All the arcs are independent from one another, apart from character development, which still works if you watch it in the order the episodes were released.

there's also a pic floating around, i think someone posted it in this thread but i meant this link is from the starwars website itself

i just started watching this show

i thought i would be bored, especially after how hard the movie sucked, as it just felt like a really long episode, but the character development is good and there's some really lit moments

this show makin me shed tears over storm troopers

rip Hevy salute my nigga

These posts concern me. Most of the good stuff I'm hearing about are character development but that doesn't make a series really good. I just want the stories to not be boring as fuck and really dull military drama shit. I want to see people that actually have personality and some great action light saber duels which is lacking so far on the series.

This show is totally worth it, just watch a few non spoiler episodes from any top 10 list on google b4 you start

If you try to gut thur the forst season youll probz drop it, it seems to childish at first but id put it on par with the movies
Maybe gory-er, actually

What the fuck. Watch it now and I just heard a clone say the word "hell". This shit actually aired on Cartoon Network?

not to mention ashoka is dressed like she's a child sex trafficking slave

>great action light saber duels
The animation is stiff early on, but the lightsaber duels get really good as it goes on

just look at this
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

The show pushed with how many people are killed in this show. There are quite a few beheadings

HOLY FUCK IS THIS SAME SHOW?
WHAT HAPPENED IT GETS THAT MUCH BETTER GOD DAMN

Well it's not the first time we've seen a character wear a top that doesn't reach their belly button on an animated show. I don't see it as that revealing or inappropriate. If it was up to me, I think she should be naked. She's an alien so why would she need to wear clothes. I'm saying this for practical reasons and not because I want to slide my dick in her young E.T. Vagina or whatever her people have.

Drop it and watch Genndy's superior 2d series.

Memes aside there's the 'pick what you want from the good ones' chart and then the chronological order.

there should be detailed sex scenes too

The animation isn't really a problem for me. I think it's actually good even in the early seasons but to be fair I don't watch many other CGI animated shows because I don't like that style of animation. I can't say it's stiff or even bad because there aren't other shows I've seen to compare it to. It's not even the animation that bothers me, it's the art style. Everyone has a really gross faces and they never show any expressions. They all look like Oblivion NPCs. Also their hair looks like playdoh.

>beheadings
I just seen a clone shoot a droid dressed as a clone right in the head. That's probably not shocking though because its just a robot..

ayyy i just finished that episode
that was metal

2008-2012 was the period of CN's history when they were really pushing the TV-PG rating and embracing being the "edgy" alternative to Nickelodeon. So you got language and violence that you wouldn't see on other networks.

Would you guys say James Arnold Taylor is a better Obi Wan than Ian Mcgregor at this point?

daily reminder: this was PG in the 70's

Really? CN from like 1995-2002 is where I felt they had the most edge with all the innuendos and shit. I remember 04-08 being really fucking horrible with extra shitty kiddie shows like lazlo, chowder, flapjack, and most other shows that came out during that period. How were they even remotely edgy?

All the clones got implaed and shit

one even has his spine snapped

My problem was this show is how they used Cody for literally nothing yet again

>Be the 1st named clone character ever introduced
>people barely touch you

I mean Rex is cool and all but Cody has the potential for stories.

Well animated shows and movies didnt have any other ratings besides PG and R at the time so it's not like they could of have it an R just for one revealing character while the rest was family friendly. Also they didnt have to deal with PC bullshit back then. I don't think it's that crazy considering Bart showing his boy dick only makes a film PG13

my ex told me that first thing before and i completely forgot

He got to do it for 3 movies, meanwhile James gets all the video game spinoffs and a 7 year series to flesh himself out.

Plus Ewan was limited to the shit script Lucas wrote while I'm pretty sure clone wars is its own thing.

>How were they even remotely edgy?
They weren't, hence why I said 08-12 instead of 04-08.

It does get better. Some episodes, especially in early seasons are hit or miss. I never cared for anything involving Padme or the Senate. The series is actually good overall though, with Ahsoka getting pretty good development as a character, she goes from annoying sass-bot to competent Jedi padawan nearing completion of her training by the end.

The show also does a brilliant job of making you like Anakin and see that he's not a whiny faggot like he was in the movies.

>I sense a presence, a presence I haven't felt since...

season 6? or 5 which ever is the last episode of "lost" episodes.

Because those are like... "deep"... ?? i guess.

Season 6 are the lost episode which worry me. Hate flash back episodes. Just continue the fucking series. Even I their good, I just want to see a continuation which is why I'm a bit... Not overly optimistic about clone wars. I think anything to do with clones in any franchise is cheap and not very interesting. Exactly why I'm curious about rebels. You finally get to see new content that's after the prequels and before the orginal trilogy. I want to see new characters that aren't shitty sidekicks pushed into the main cast like ahsoka as well as seeing new adventures. I'd also would like to see villains like Tarkin and vader and Boba Fett (if he shows up). Don't get me wrong, I like Count Dookie, but Im just done with this prequel story. The only things I'll really miss is yoda and obi wan since I imagine they wouldn't really be in rebels. I know Rebels has only been out for about a year and half I guess but it has potential to do so much new like introducing characters like Han Solo and Princess Leia since it does only take place a few years before new hope.

They felt it would be more fun if they just jumped around back and forth to touch on the highlights

It's called the lost episodes, but chronologically, their actually the last episodes

>I think anything to do with clones in any franchise is cheap and not very interesting
you won't say that after you watched TCW. What it did for the characterization and the fleshing out of the clones is fantastic

I know the prequels leave a bad taste in your mouth, but TCW is actually good.

>Also Corey Burton does a better Christopher Lee than Christoper Lee. Lee's performace the CGI film was dry whereas Burton's performance in the show adds so much more flavor and personality.

The originally had Burton record Dooku's dialogue for the "movie" before they secured Lee. Lee got to hear Burton's and asked why they felt they needed to call him in.

That's some fucking high praise.

Corey burton is so great in the role. I won't say it's not as cool as having the actually guy do the voice but in terms of performance, he is much much better.

Mark hammil said something similar about Troy baker's joker, but honestly his Joker is shit compared to Hamills.

I started the animated series recently too, and i'm enjoyng the ride.
Some episode maybe have too much of a filler vibe sometimes, and since the episodes are more than 120 i think the fillers will be plenty.
But i love the characters and most of the stories are great.

But i am a bit worried since i spoiled myself the darksaber that sound like legit BS incoming.